ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > Gaming

Old 08-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Jake S

Jake S is on a distinguished road
Default PC Games in general

Most people are unaware of how much better gaming on the pc is that on console. I played xbox live for 4 years until I could no longer stand the amount of 12 year old kids that were using profanity like they were pro's at it.

Another good thing about the PC is much larger variety of maps that are used and modded gametypes not available on console games.

I built my own PC for 1300, and to buy a dell with the same specs and same size monitor it would have cost over 3 grand

My steam ID is iFudgems, I mainly play Team Fortress 2, and When Modern Warfare 2 comes out in November I will be playing it religiously

Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Chaos Punk

Chaos Punk will become famous soon enoughChaos Punk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chaos Punk

Yea, but a decent gaming PC can run you $2000-$3000. Not so good for the budget gamer. That's where consoles come in handy.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Falsifying

Falsifying will become famous soon enough

He built his for $1300 and I guess from how highly he talked about it, it must be just as good if not better then a gaming computer you could buy in the store ^^
Old 08-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Chaos Punk

Chaos Punk will become famous soon enoughChaos Punk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falsifying View Post
He built his for $1300 and I guess from how highly he talked about it, it must be just as good if not better then a gaming computer you could buy in the store ^^
I'm mean a gaming computer that can run games like Crysis at a high consistent frame rate, go big or go home.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Jake S

Mine could do Crysis at high settings and probably squeak out 27 FPS, however I didn't need an uber 1337 gaming machine even though I had the money, need to start saving for college

Ill post a pic of it tomorrow
Old 08-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Chaos Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake S View Post
Mine could do Crysis at high settings and probably squeak out 27 FPS, however I didn't need an uber 1337 gaming machine even though I had the money, need to start saving for college

Ill post a pic of it tomorrow
See, 27 FPS isn't very good, just BARELY playable. The machine I'm looking to get will be able to do crysis at 50+ FPS on high settings, it's about $2500.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
Jake S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Punk View Post
See, 27 FPS isn't very good, just BARELY playable. The machine I'm looking to get will be able to do crysis at 50+ FPS on high settings, it's about $2500.
Yeah I couldn't justify to myself spending 1000 on Dual video cards, to have the best cards in SLI in a premade system will cost you the price of a used car lol
Old 08-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Chaos Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake S View Post
Yeah I couldn't justify to myself spending 1000 on Dual video cards, to have the best cards in SLI in a premade system will cost you the price of a used car lol
I'm not getting a premade system, all custome, every part, down to the fans. The case, hard drive and processor are what makes my rig so expensive, goin' all out and getting an i7 processor and 1 TB seagate harddrive.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
ecfy

ecfy is on a distinguished road

What I don't like about pc games is:
1- The Hackers (In almost every single game I bought it was full of hackers)
2- Need a good computer, which costs a lot (I bought a computer for 950$ and I'm lagging when I play Counter strike source..

On Xbox live:
1- It's impossible to hack
2- Once you have bought your Xbox, you don't need to buy additionnal stuff to play more recent games (generaly).

But, I agree that if you get a game with NO hackers, and if you got a GOOD computer than pc games are a lot of fun.
Paying 35 cents per Sharecash download! Click here.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #10
Falsifying

Falsifying will become famous soon enough

Yeah thats true.. Computer games tend to lag out your computer after a while.. My Wii never lags.. So thats a + for consoles