ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Rewards1 > Referral Talk

Old 02-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Vampire

Vampire will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Vampire Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Default Vampire's Free Guide

Vampire’s Guide
Here I’m just going to talk about some known tactics and how you can use them. I’ll start with a very commonly used tactic: Youtube.
Youtube is very simple to use. It’s very good to start off. You just have to make a video explaining the site you’re trying to get referrals on. I’ll write out some steps. First I’ll talk about how to make a video with voice. Then I’ll talk about how to make one if you can’t record your voice. The steps for making a video with voice may not be good because I’ve never done one but I’ll try.

1. Get a program that can record your screen (Hypercam, Camstudio, etc.) You can get cracked versions if you look around but they’re illegal.

2. Use it to record the site you’re advertising and maybe record showing the viewers how to complete a quick offer. If you do that you’ll probably want to pick an offer that will probably credit.

3. Talk about the site and give a quick tour. If you choose to do an offer, talk your way through it. Explain how to do everything. Talk about cleaning cookies and other tricks you may use. Remember, the more the viewer knows about offers, the more they’ll do successfully, which means you’ll get more active referrals. Don’t stutter or pause in the middle of your sentences. That will annoy people and they won’t take time to watch the video. Speak clearly and make sure people can understand you.

4. After you have everything done and made, upload your video to youtube. You can also do this kind of thing with videos explaining how to do bigger paying offers, but you’ll want to skip the tour of the site, or at least keep it very brief.

Now for those of you who can’t record with your voice. I’ll explain how to make a good movie without it. You can use Windows Movie Maker for a simple movie or you can use Sony Vegas for flashier movies.

1. It’s simple to make a movie like this. Just start off with a slide asking something like “Do you want to know how to get free Microsoft Points?”.

2. Make some slides explaining what the site’s all about. Don’t make it sound like too much of an advertisement. Remember to keep it interesting. Use transitions between slides.

3. Make sure to include some testimonial pictures and maybe some other pictures. For example after saying “You can get free MS points!” flash a picture of a 4000 MS point card or something like that.

4. After you have the movie done, you want to add music to it. You might want to use one of youtubes audio tracks after you upload if you’re using youtube because some movies can be rejected for using copyrighted music. If you’re uploading to any other sites just put a nice song with it.

5. Upload it to youtube. Make it have a good title that will grab people’s attention like “How to get free Microsoft Points”. In the description put your masked referral link and a brief guide on how to do offers. Make sure you use proper spelling and grammar. For the tags use things people commonly search. Things like “Halo” and other commonly searched games are good to have, especially if your video is about Microsoft points.

Alright so that’s the basics on youtube. You can upload your video to other video sites to. You may want to put up a few videos to. The more you have, the more refs you’ll get.

Myspace

Now lets move on to another tactic: Myspace. MySpace is great and this tactic can be used on sites like Facebook to. It’s very simple. Just make a MySpace/Facebook/other site and go around making friends with a bunch of people. There’s a program to do that automatically for MySpace but I’m not sure about other sites. After you have a bunch of friends just make a bulletin explaining all about the site you’re using. That’s it. Fairly simple.

Forums

What better place to get your link seen than one place with thousands of people all talking and visiting one place? Forums are filled with potential referrals. DO NOT SPAM THEM! They hate this and will completely ignore you and probably ban you. The best way to get people to check out your site is to actually be part of the community. This can be a long process so this is a tactic that’s better to use on forums you actually use because you like it. Before you do anything check the rules of the forums to make sure it’s allowed. If allowed, post up a thread talking briefly about the site and how to use it. Mask your referral link so that people won’t just ignore it and turn away. Make sure you include that you’ll help them with anything they don’t understand. Again, the more your refs know about doing offers, the more money you’ll make. It’s good to put a referral banner in your signature to.

Xbox Live

This is more of a spam tactic so it may not work all that well. You basically just send a message to all of your recently played with players saying you just got a 12 month xbox live code for free from your site or something like that. Works really good after playing Big Team Battle on Halo. You’ll probably get a lot of hate messages back but you may get a few refs.

Yahoo Answers

This is a good tactic for getting a few refs. Make a Yahoo Answers account. It might get banned if you do this a lot but you can always make another one. Search for open questions like “Where can I get free stuff?” or “Where can I get a free xbox live code”. If nobody else has gotten to that question with their ref link first you can answer saying “You can get a bunch of free stuff at (Your masked ref link)” or “(Your mask ref link) gives out free ms points and xbox live.”

RetailMeNot.com

RetailMeNot.com is a site where people submit coupon codes and shopping tips so other people can use them. This is a great way to get a few refs but THIS WILL GET YOU IP BANNED! If you still want to try it go ahead. You don’t have to sign up. Just click submit coupon. If you choose shopping tip just type something like “To get free (enter whatever here) just sign up at (your masked ref link here)”. If you do coupon, find a used Microsoft point code or xbox live code and put that as the coupon. Say what it is and say “if you weren’t the first one to redeem it you can get one for free at (your masked ref link here).

Well that’s my guide. These were all the known tactics I could think of without directly stealing somebody else’s guide. Good luck with all your referrals!

Vampire

Pyros

Last edited by Vampire; 02-22-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
ZorkZork69
Banned

ZorkZork69 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ZorkZork69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post

Well thatís my guide. These were all the known tactics I could think of without directly stealing somebody elseís guide. Good luck with all your referrals!

Vampire
I think you did steal from someone elses guide... I really don't care if you did but....
Old 02-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorkZork69 View Post
I think you did steal from someone elses guide... I really don't care if you did but....
Well guides may have been written about them but they would have either been leaked or free guides because these are all known tactics..like I said I didn't directly steal form a guide. I wrote this for somebody because he was making a guide to sell and wanted a part about known tactics so I said I'd write it up for him. He got banned though so I figured I'd just post it since I did write it...

Vampire

Pyros

Last edited by Vampire; 04-27-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
ZorkZork69
Banned

OOO... I know who ur talking about... The guy that had like 1 post and he was trying to get coworkers to work on a guide right?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorkZork69 View Post
OOO... I know who ur talking about... The guy that had like 1 post and he was trying to get coworkers to work on a guide right?
No he was a senior member I think...He offered a free copy of his full guide for helpers though and I was curious what his two unknown tactics were..

Vampire

Pyros
Old 02-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
ZorkZork69
Banned

Yeah and they were like... Go to vistaprint and get business cards and the other was write your reff. link all over school. I just blocked him after that because then he started asking me for my tactics.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Bigbeckster

Bigbeckster is on a distinguished road

Thats a very Delicious copypasta you got there vampire
Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeckster View Post
Thats a very Delicious copypasta you got there vampire
Um ok? I had it saved on microsoft word so I just copied it o.o

Vampire

Pyros
Old 02-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
Vampire

Bump o.o

Vampire

Pyros
Old 03-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
Vampire

Bumpin it up for a few new members having trouble with refs..

Vampire

Pyros