ads here
       

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > Gaming


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 04:31 AM   #1
hightower
Elite
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,345
hightower will become famous soon enoughhightower will become famous soon enough
Default Guitar hero 4!

I just saw a youtube video about guitar hero 4 (it was posted by the official guitar hero user) Looks pretty good, you can make and record your own songs and you're going to be able to get drums with it this time. But that begs the question, is it getting too similar to rockband?

Anyone else's thoughts?

P.S: The game will be released Autumn/Fall 2008

Last edited by hightower; 05-23-2008 at 09:20 AM.
hightower is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
snakester
Senior Member
 
snakester's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 428
snakester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to snakester
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
I just saw a youtube video about guitar hero 4 (it was posted by the official guitar hero user) Looks pretty good, you're going to be able to get drums with it this time. But that begs the question, is it getting too similar to rockband?

Anyone else's thoughts?

P.S: The game will be released Autumn/Fall 2008
i agree that if it does put in drums it will be way to similar to rockband. i mean for one.. read the title of the game GUITAR HERO why should they throw in drums.. thats just dumb and two they better have good songs on there (im at school right now so i cant visit youtube but if your willing to post a link to the video on youtube ill check it out when i get home :D
__________________
rep is for aliens and hippies.

snakester is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
bradm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 143
bradm has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakester View Post
i agree that if it does put in drums it will be way to similar to rockband. i mean for one.. read the title of the game GUITAR HERO why should they throw in drums.. thats just dumb and two they better have good songs on there (im at school right now so i cant visit youtube but if your willing to post a link to the video on youtube ill check it out when i get home :D
At school you can visit youtube!, so many other unblock sites don't work but this one does! www.itsblocked.com247
I use it to watch youtube videos and do basically anything while I am at school

you'll thank me!
bradm is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
Dommzyd
Torpedo Mod, Pump Action
 
Dommzyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jersey.
Posts: 8,276
Dommzyd has a spectacular aura aboutDommzyd has a spectacular aura aboutDommzyd has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dommzyd
Default

GUITAR hero + drums = bad.
it's already pretty lame as it's guitar hero: aerosmith
__________________


Last edited by Dommzyd; 05-22-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Dommzyd is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
bradrulez1
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 2,309
bradrulez1 will become famous soon enoughbradrulez1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bradrulez1
Default

i thought the same thing their missing the point here of calling it guitar hero when their adding drums!!
bradrulez1 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
hightower
Elite
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,345
hightower will become famous soon enoughhightower will become famous soon enough
Default

Yeah exactly what i was initially thinking, what next...keyboards?


P.S did i mention that the new one WILL include a vocal aspect so yeah....practically rockband with new tracks!
hightower is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
Snake
Elite
 
Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Snake has a spectacular aura aboutSnake has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Yeah exactly what i was initially thinking, what next...keyboards?


P.S did i mention that the new one WILL include a vocal aspect so yeah....practically rockband with new tracks!
Guitar hero is not ripping off rockband, Activison is. Guitar hero was originally produced by the producers of rockband however the creators decided they wanted to do something new and sold the title to Activison. And I'd like to see some drums in guitar hero, why not?
__________________
Offers Completed 250
Offer Earnings 190.20
Lifetime Points Earned 239.66

Feel free to add my PSN(squidwards) or my Gamertag(perplex2934)
Snake is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
bradrulez1
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 2,309
bradrulez1 will become famous soon enoughbradrulez1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bradrulez1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake2934 View Post
Guitar hero is not ripping off rockband, Activison is. Guitar hero was originally produced by the producers of rockband however the creators decided they wanted to do something new and sold the title to Activison. And I'd like to see some drums in guitar hero, why not?

maby because its guitarhero..
bradrulez1 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
Snake
Elite
 
Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Snake has a spectacular aura aboutSnake has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrulez1 View Post
maby because its guitarhero..
So what, you can still be a guitar hero and your friends can be a drum hero :P Use your imagination.
__________________
Offers Completed 250
Offer Earnings 190.20
Lifetime Points Earned 239.66

Feel free to add my PSN(squidwards) or my Gamertag(perplex2934)
Snake is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
bradrulez1
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 2,309
bradrulez1 will become famous soon enoughbradrulez1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bradrulez1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake2934 View Post
So what, you can still be a guitar hero and your friends can be a drum hero :P Use your imagination.
dude thats what rock band is for..
bradrulez1 is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.