ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
²°²

²°² will become famous soon enough
Default Inception [spoilerz]

I'm pissed how it took me 4 times of re-watching it just to figure out that the entire movie was a dream.

Lol, fail.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Doug
Elite

Doug will become famous soon enoughDoug will become famous soon enough

It wasn't a dream..?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Blockis
Elite Block

Blockis has a spectacular aura aboutBlockis has a spectacular aura about

I LOVE debating this movie. Like, it's just a total mind-fuck.

Blockis

Old 01-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Dommzyd
Torpedo Mod, Pump Action

Dommzyd has a spectacular aura aboutDommzyd has a spectacular aura aboutDommzyd has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dommzyd

It's really about how you interpret the movie..

Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
skaterbro9000
Elite

skaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura aboutskaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura about

yes you can just recreate the world with your mind

and yes if you die, you will wake up
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Pyros
From the Ashes (R1 Staff)

Pyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of light

wtf it wasnt a dream
WAS IT O-o?

Pyros
Old 01-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Max Galleio
Elite Quitter

Max Galleio is a jewel in the roughMax Galleio is a jewel in the roughMax Galleio is a jewel in the roughMax Galleio is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Max Galleio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockis View Post
I LOVE debating this movie. Like, it's just a total mind-fuck.

Blockis
I wouldn't say it is a mind-fuck. The movie actually takes a little comprehension, and for most, well, they just can't do that. I'm on the team that says it wasn't a dream.

I wish we had more movies that take a little comprehension to understand and enjoy
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Anatomy

Anatomy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

you're not supposed to get it.
lol
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
Elite Scammer

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) can only hope to improve

The entire movie was a metaphor for filmmakers.

Interpertations I consider possible.

It was all real

It was all a dream

It was all Mal's dream (as Cobb's totem wasn't actually his, it was his wife's, she was right all along).

The scenes in the movie that are in reality take place when Cobb is not wearing his wedding ring. When he is dreaming he has the ring on. They deliberately don't show his hand at the end of the movie.

Nolan spent like 10 years of his life writing this script and making sure there were pretty much no plot holes, and it my mind he created a masterpiece (not just the story itself) but the movie as a whole, the cinematography, the fact that every suit in the movie is custom tailored for THAT INDIVIDUAL SCENE, is just amazing.

Memento, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Inception, right now anything he puts out I'm gonna pretty much gobble the **** up, he has quite the resume. Sadly I don't think he'll be able to top Batman Begins and Inception.

The true beauty of the film is in the last few moments when he's walking through the airport and the Hans Zimmer song "Time" begins to play, gives me a chill everytime and I've seen this movie twice in theatre and like 6 times on Blu-ray since release. The true beauty lies when he spins the totem for the final time, and walks away, showing that he doesn't care anymore, he accepts that place to be his reality. Nolan plants his inception in your mind and you're left to decide for yourself.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
Max Galleio
Elite Quitter

Max Galleio is a jewel in the roughMax Galleio is a jewel in the roughMax Galleio is a jewel in the roughMax Galleio is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Max Galleio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) View Post
The true beauty of the film is in the last few moments when he's walking through the airport and the Hans Zimmer song "Time" begins to play, gives me a chill everytime and I've seen this movie twice in theatre and like 6 times on Blu-ray since release. The true beauty lies when he spins the totem for the final time, and walks away, showing that he doesn't care anymore, he accepts that place to be his reality. Nolan plants his inception in your mind and you're left to decide for yourself.
Yes. This sums up the feelings I can't describe towards the movie. Though, I can't say Time is my favorite song.

Personally, I feel that the most powerful scene is when Robert sees his father in the "vault" holding his secrets. Then the song 528491 is in the background as Tom Hardy gets ready to pull that kick by blowing the supports from the bottom of the building. So much emotion in the music, and of the characters, I just think "MY FAVORITE SCENE EVAR."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) View Post
Memento, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Inception, right now anything he puts out I'm gonna pretty much gobble the **** up, he has quite the resume. Sadly I don't think he'll be able to top Batman Begins and Inception.
Exactly. Though, the next film he is doing is supposedly another Batman film, and I would much rather see where he goes creatively with something like Inception than another Batman film.