ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
SK55

SK55 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SK55
Default iPhone coming to Verizon next month?

Is this true? When?
Also like how much is it for the plan for the internet and everything.
Because I have enough to buy the phone but the internet and stuff is probably not going to workout for me..
Old 01-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
FerNzGFX

FerNzGFX will become famous soon enough

Available for order Feb 3rd for existing Verizon customers. Phone is 199 with 2 yr activation and u need a data plan. It's normally 30 a month idk if it's gonna be different with the iphone though.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
FM Radish

FM Radish will become famous soon enoughFM Radish will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to FM Radish

Get a Droid, better all around, and only the smart phone charge is only $15, according to my coach.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Lions
Elite

Lions will become famous soon enoughLions will become famous soon enough

Agreed, Droid is better than iPhone iop.

I don't really care anyway, I'm saving up for an Android. :D
Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Pyros
From the Ashes (R1 Staff)

Pyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions View Post
Agreed, Droid is better than iPhone iop.

I don't really care anyway, I'm saving up for an Android. :D
contrary to what people think. the iphone actually does BETTER than the droid (and almost all other smart phone OS) in terms of feel, usability, and speed. yeah so android does have a lot of interesting options no doubt, but as to whether or not its worth it as a phone device, well it certainly gets better with android 2.3 and the impending 3.0 versions. granted ... those are going to be accessible till much much later ;D

run on knowledge, not on hype.

Pyros
Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
Elite Scammer

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM Radish View Post
Get a Droid, better all around, and only the smart phone charge is only $15, according to my coach.
Haha, I used to believe this too. But still iPhone 4 in my eyes is better, and continues to dominate the cellular world, this Verizon news should bump Apple stock even higher I'd think. The Android OS is very promising, but so far hasn't surpassed iOS, it will do so in the future as it continues to rapidly grow. The big sell for Android is open source and being able to customize, but so far, I haven't really seen anything amazing out of it (considering you can just jailbreak the iPhone). All the Android apps are just like iOS that I've seen. But as of right now the iPhone is still the better phone in my eyes and millions of others.

I spent two months debating between Android and iPhone :P

Last edited by Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER); 01-13-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #7
FM Radish

FM Radish will become famous soon enoughFM Radish will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to FM Radish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) View Post
Haha, I used to believe this too. But still iPhone 4 in my eyes is better, and continues to dominate the cellular world, this Verizon news should bump Apple stock even higher I'd think. The Android OS is very promising, but so far hasn't surpassed iOS, it will do so in the future as it continues to rapidly grow. The big sell for Android is open source and being able to customize, but so far, I haven't really seen anything amazing out of it (considering you can just jailbreak the iPhone). All the Android apps are just like iOS that I've seen. But as of right now the iPhone is still the better phone in my eyes and millions of others.

I spent two months debating between Android and iPhone :P
This is really more of a matter of opinion, I've messed around with the iPhone 4 and Droid, and I can honestly say I like the OS much more.

You can "root" your Droid, it's basically the same thing as jailbreaking.

Last edited by FM Radish; 01-13-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
Andrew™

Andrew™ will become famous soon enough

I like iPhone 4 on AT&T
Old 01-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
Blockis
Elite Block

Blockis has a spectacular aura aboutBlockis has a spectacular aura about

Guys. I kind of question this though. Like, don't get me wrong, at first I was ALL for preordering. But it won't be on LTE. That's my major concern. CDMA could probably suit my needs, but I feel the wifi-hotspot ability would be better with a legit 4G device.

I might wait a little while (And ask my friend's father who works at Verizon) to see if Verizon will be included in Apple's yearly release of a new iPhone, and if that would run on LTE. I don't see why not, but the speeds are a huge difference. But then again, unlimited data may not exist with LTE.

Just some food for thought.

Blockis

Old 01-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Pyros
From the Ashes (R1 Staff)

Pyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockis View Post
Guys. I kind of question this though. Like, don't get me wrong, at first I was ALL for preordering. But it won't be on LTE. That's my major concern. CDMA could probably suit my needs, but I feel the wifi-hotspot ability would be better with a legit 4G device.

I might wait a little while (And ask my friend's father who works at Verizon) to see if Verizon will be included in Apple's yearly release of a new iPhone, and if that would run on LTE. I don't see why not, but the speeds are a huge difference. But then again, unlimited data may not exist with LTE.

Just some food for thought.

Blockis
4G speeds are actually not very accessible to most consumers now. And even in the advent that you are capable of running 4G AND have a provider that gives it, the best you're going to be getting is a 10.0Mbps connection, throttled no less.

No problem with future-proofing yourself but in the determination of choosing and iphone or an android you shouldnt pick solely based on speed connectivity potential. its like trying to buy a 3dtv now.... you dont need it. and theres not a lot of support.

Pyros