ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > Entertainment

Old 07-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
²°²

²°² will become famous soon enough
Default Predators Review

Quote:
SPOILER ALERT
First of all, I expected the movie to give us an introduction. Something like a scene on Earth, where/how he was taken, then he goes to the planet. Instead they immediately throw him on the planet, with little memory of what happened. He finds others, they have little memory of the abductions also. What really made me mad is that the one guy, the leader, knew everything about hunting. He was a Mercenary for a few years and now hes like the professional at alien hunting. If they would have mixed it up between characters, and they did a little, it would have been more believable. People die a few at a time, blah blah and so forth. One thing the movie does deliver is surprise and excitement. Seriously. Once you think something happens, BOOM, it really didn't and shit pops up. From what I know humans werent the only species hunted, but I will do more research. The end was a little cheesy remake of the Predator and they didnt even get off the planet, and a new batch of fresh human were coming just along.

The action is just the right speed, but the story rushes itself from time to time. 7.5/10. And some scenes from the trailer were edited. 10-15 Predator crosshairs do not aim at him.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
SK55

SK55 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SK55

10-15 predator crosshairs made me want to see the movie. I guess I will just torrent it now
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
Elite Scammer

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) can only hope to improve

Just got back from the late show, I didn't see any of this stuff jumping out.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Asexual

Asexual is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ²°² View Post
First of all, I expected the movie to give us an introduction. Something like a scene on Earth, where/how he was taken, then he goes to the planet. Instead they immediately throw him on the planet, with little memory of what happened. He finds others, they have little memory of the abductions also. What really made me mad is that the one guy, the leader, knew everything about hunting. He was a Mercenary for a few years and now hes like the professional at alien hunting. If they would have mixed it up between characters, and they did a little, it would have been more believable. People die a few at a time, blah blah and so forth. One thing the movie does deliver is surprise and excitement. Seriously. Once you think something happens, BOOM, it really didn't and shit pops up. From what I know humans werent the only species hunted, but I will do more research. The end was a little cheesy remake of the Predator and they didnt even get off the planet, and a new batch of fresh human were coming just along.

The action is just the right speed, but the story rushes itself from time to time. 7.5/10. And some scenes from the trailer were edited. 10-15 Predator crosshairs do not aim at him.
I predicted the exact timeline of the movie in the other thread days before it came out

if you had of just listened to that

you would of saved 10$

I should know, i've made like 5
Old 07-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
²°²

²°² will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) View Post
Just got back from the late show, I didn't see any of this stuff jumping out.
What do you mean? You really didnt see the (kinda) cheesy-ness in it?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
Pyros
From the Ashes (R1 Staff)

Pyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of light

I felt it was an alright movie.

It was filled with guns, stereotypes, and uhh i guess deep husky batman voices. I wouldn't say you should go watch this unless you were really a fan of lol. The acting was meh, the action was alright, and the story was meh. but theres lots of green blood split and some interesting characters lol... but yeah a lot of non focus on stuff that should've been a focus.

Pyros
Old 07-14-2010, 03:16 AM   #7
Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
Elite Scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
I felt it was an alright movie.

It was filled with guns, stereotypes, and uhh i guess deep husky batman voices. I wouldn't say you should go watch this unless you were really a fan of lol. The acting was meh, the action was alright, and the story was meh. but theres lots of green blood split and some interesting characters lol... but yeah a lot of non focus on stuff that should've been a focus.

Pyros
Acting was bad, story was bad, interesting characters yes, action? I didn't really see any, very little amount and spaced far apart (I expected since this occurred that the story would be more focused on and I'd be in store for a good movie). Instead it was just a lot of cheesy lines that made the acting hard to take seriously, lol.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
Asexual

Quote:
Acting was bad, story was bad, interesting characters yes, action? I didn't really see any, very little amount and spaced far apart (I expected since this occurred that the story would be more focused on and I'd be in store for a good movie). Instead it was just a lot of cheesy lines that made the acting hard to take seriously, lol.
The fact they made an english guy copy what arnold did in the first preadtor

was lame

The only action scene in that movie really was the ninja fight, but it was expected that he die as well

movie was too predictable

Old 07-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #9
Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
Elite Scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexual View Post
The fact they made an english guy copy what arnold did in the first preadtor

was lame

The only action scene in that movie really was the ninja fight, but it was expected that he die as well

movie was too predictable
Lawrence Fishburne's character was awesome, until he get owned.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Asexual

Quote:
Lawrence Fishburne's character was awesome, until he get owned.
Lol

Could of been much better though

I'm surprised they didn't throw in a "get to da spaceship" line in there