ads here
       

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Community Support > Q&A


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 04:13 AM   #1
ellienellie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 12
ellienellie is on a distinguished road
Default what exactly is....

Suspicious activity??
My custom prize was put on hold because of it apparently. But it's since gone through and it's on it's way to me - yay
I knew I hadn't done anything wrong, but I'm now curious as to what suspicious activity there could possibly be on Rewards1.
I don't get it?
ellienellie is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Kieran
Senior Member
 
Kieran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,336
Kieran will become famous soon enoughKieran will become famous soon enough
Default

Well it would generally mean that you've been up to something suspicious lol
But, have you like got more than one account ?
Because that's not allowed. You should really PM Pyros and ask him why.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm View Post
We should have something like a official Rewards1 meetup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Galleio View Post
And do what? Mine silver for 6 hours?
Kieran is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
ReDDs
Senior Member
 
ReDDs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IMM Forums
Posts: 1,974
ReDDs is on a distinguished road
Default

having more that one account on the same IP.
__________________
LONG LIVE R1 FORUMS! Last login 21/02/2016.

LEST WE FORGOT...
ReDDs is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
ellienellie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 12
ellienellie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDsAn159 View Post
Well it would generally mean that you've been up to something suspicious lol
But, have you like got more than one account ?
Because that's not allowed. You should really PM Pyros and ask him why.
I have only got one account, so i have no idea?
Thanks, i think I'll do that :)
ellienellie is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
ellienellie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 12
ellienellie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDDs View Post
having more that one account on the same IP.
Is that the only thing that counts as "suspicious"? I thought maybe because I was a newbie or something?
I absolutely only have one, on this or any I.P, so I just don't get it.

Last edited by ellienellie; 06-13-2009 at 07:02 AM.
ellienellie is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #6
Philanthropist
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 66
Philanthropist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

suspicious activity means any illegal use to cheat the system for example, bots, proxies, similar IP sign ups etc.
Philanthropist is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
ellienellie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 12
ellienellie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropist View Post
suspicious activity means any illegal use to cheat the system for example, bots, proxies, similar IP sign ups etc.
Bots, proxies and IP sign ups.... sorry you've totally lost me there. lol.
Seriously, I have no idea what all that means. I.P is internet provider, but that's all I know!

I just fill in forms and use 10 min mail.
That's it.
ellienellie is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
nike89
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 127
nike89 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellienellie View Post
Bots, proxies and IP sign ups.... sorry you've totally lost me there. lol.
Seriously, I have no idea what all that means. I.P is internet provider, but that's all I know!

I just fill in forms and use 10 min mail.
That's it.
Bot- automatically does offers for you (ILLEGAL here)
Proxies- Hides your ip or just gives you a different Ip - proxy sites, etc (Illegal here)
Multiple IP signups- making more than 1 account on the same Ip address (illegal here)
nike89 is offline  
Old 06-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
hideyyo
Elite
 
hideyyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,347
hideyyo will become famous soon enoughhideyyo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to hideyyo Send a message via Yahoo to hideyyo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellienellie View Post
Bots, proxies and IP sign ups.... sorry you've totally lost me there. lol.
Seriously, I have no idea what all that means. I.P is internet provider, but that's all I know!

I just fill in forms and use 10 min mail.
That's it.
That's not quite right though. When we use the term IP, we don't mean your ISP (Internet Service Provider). We mean your Internet Protocol Address (IP Address). It is a unique identification. Imagine that your computer is a house. Your address (IP) tells the mailman (the router) where to send your mail (data) and where to take mail you want to send. If you use a proxy, it's like renting a house somewhere else inside the city, and this is against the rules when using it with Rewards1.
__________________


hideyyo is offline  
Old 06-14-2009, 05:15 AM   #10
ellienellie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 12
ellienellie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideyyo View Post
That's not quite right though. When we use the term IP, we don't mean your ISP (Internet Service Provider). We mean your Internet Protocol Address (IP Address). It is a unique identification. Imagine that your computer is a house. Your address (IP) tells the mailman (the router) where to send your mail (data) and where to take mail you want to send. If you use a proxy, it's like renting a house somewhere else inside the city, and this is against the rules when using it with Rewards1.
I see. thanks for the info. But I don't use a proxy either.
ellienellie is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.