ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Community Support > Guides

Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
haringtonl

haringtonl is on a distinguished road
Default How to Jailbreak your Ipod Touch/Iphone 3G

Ok I was bored today so I decided to make this video. I DO NOT have an Iphone so I cannot guarantee 100 percent that this will work for it. I am pretty sure though, that it will work the same way.

Right now there are two methods (that I know of) to jailbreak your Ipod Touch/Iphone 3G. There is one using "Redsn0w beta" and one using "QuickFreedom".
This guide is basically a written step by step version of this youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZsK7jtUD8

If you are more of a visual learner or you want to double check, feel free to follow along.

WARNING: THIS WILL RESTORE YOUR IPOD MEANING YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SONGS/APPS/RECORDS. JUST RESYNC TO GET THEM BACK. (I don't know if you get you're scores/records back though, probably not.)

Step 1: DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THESE FILES
QuickFreedom - http://tinyurl.com/d2ebqg
Custom 2.2.1 FW - http://tinyurl.com/cqxe3r

Save both of them to your desktop for easier access.

Step 2: Open up QuickFreedom

Install LibUSB from the menu, if you don't have it already. I don't know why you need it, by I know it is necessary. Don't be alarmed if things plugged in keep disconnecting/connecting, that is normal.

Click Next twice to get to the "Pre-Jailbreak/DFU Mode" Screen

Step 3: Now we have to put your Ipod touch in DFU mode.MAKE SURE YOUR IPOD IS PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER.

Hold down the HOME BUTTON (circle with a square in it) and the HOLD BUTTON (up top) for 15 SECONDS. DO NOT LET GO YET.

NOW RELEASE YOUR FINGER FROM HOLD/POWER BUTTON AND KEEP HOLDING ON THE HOME BUTTON FOR ABOUT 5-10 SECONDS OR WHEN YOU HEAR THE CHIMES ON YOUR COMPUTER.

It should say that it cannot be recognized or something like that.

Step 4: Press "Start Pre-Jailbreak". Wait for a while. You should eventually see a WHITE SCREEN on your ipod and a popup should appear on your desktop.

Step 5: Open up Itunes.
A popup should appear that says something like...

"Itunes had detected an Ipod in recovery mode. You must restore the Ipod before it can be used with Itunes."

NOW HOLD DOWN SHIFT.....AND THEN PRESS RESTORE on the Itunes page of your Ipod Touch. Make sure you are holding shift when you press restore. This allows you to pick what software you will restore to.

Now find the file you downloaded called "Custom Firmware". It should be in your desktop or wherever you saved it. Open it up and it should start restoring to that firmware.

Step 6: LEAVE YOUR IPOD ALONE UNTIL IT IS DONE DOING IT'S THING. It will be ready when you see the Lockscreen (slide to unlock screen).

Thats about it! Please comment if I have listed something wrong and thanks for reading!

I will post a thread later on how to get free applications.

Last edited by haringtonl; 05-06-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Abihail2

Abihail2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by haringtonl View Post
Ok I was bored today so I decided to make this video. I DO NOT have an Iphone so I cannot guarantee 100 percent that this will work for it. I am pretty sure though, that it will work the same way.

Right now there are two methods (that I know of) to jailbreak your Ipod Touch/Iphone 3G. There is one using "Redsn0w beta" and one using "QuickFreedom".
This guide is basically a written step by step version of this youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZsK7jtUD8

If you are more of a visual learner or you want to double check, feel free to follow along.

WARNING: THIS WILL RESTORE YOUR IPOD MEANING YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SONGS/APPS/RECORDS. JUST RESYNC TO GET THEM BACK. (I don't know if you get you're scores/records back though, probably not.)

Step 1: DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THESE FILES
QuickFreedom - http://tinyurl.com/d2ebqg
Custom 2.2.1 FW - http://tinyurl.com/cqxe3r

Save both of them to your desktop for easier access.

Step 2: Open up QuickFreedom

Install LibUSB from the menu, if you don't have it already. I don't know why you need it, by I know it is necessary. Don't be alarmed if things plugged in keep disconnecting/connecting, that is normal.

Click Next twice to get to the "Pre-Jailbreak/DFU Mode" Screen

Step 3: Now we have to put your Ipod touch in DFU mode.MAKE SURE YOUR IPOD IS PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER.

Hold down the HOME BUTTON (circle with a square in it) and the HOLD BUTTON (up top) for 15 SECONDS. DO NOT LET GO YET.

NOW RELEASE YOUR FINGER FROM HOLD/POWER BUTTON AND KEEP HOLDING ON THE HOME BUTTON FOR ABOUT 5-10 SECONDS OR WHEN YOU HEAR THE CHIMES ON YOUR COMPUTER.

It should say that it cannot be recognized or something like that.

Step 3: Press "Start Pre-Jailbreak". Wait for a while. You should eventually see a WHITE SCREEN on your ipod and a popup should appear on your desktop.

Step 4: Open up Itunes.
A popup should appear that says something like...

"Itunes had detected an Ipod in recovery mode. You must restore the Ipod before it can be used with Itunes."

NOW HOLD DOWN SHIFT.....AND THEN PRESS RESTORE on the Itunes page of your Ipod Touch. Make sure you are holding shift when you press restore. This allows you to pick what software you will restore to.

Now find the file you downloaded called "Custom Firmware". It should be in your desktop or wherever you saved it. Open it up and it should start restoring to that firmware.

Step 5: LEAVE YOUR IPOD ALONE UNTIL IT IS DONE DOING IT'S THING. It will be ready when you see the Lockscreen (slide to unlock screen).

Thats about it! Please comment if I have listed something wrong and thanks for reading!

I will post a thread later on how to get free applications.
wow thx when iget an ipod touch ( in about a month) this will be useful.

Site I'm selling. free paypal money
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
ReeceM107

ReeceM107 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abihail2 View Post
wow thx when iget an ipod touch ( in about a month) this will be useful.
why did you post his full thread, idiot.

anyway nice one cant wait to get my iphone!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
haringtonl

haringtonl is on a distinguished road

Thanks I'm going to add more pictures later, I don't have time right now.