ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Ayotte
Elite Stoner

Ayotte will become famous soon enoughAyotte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ayotte
Default Gamefly

Anyone have it? Is it worth the 15$ monthly.. I already have netflix so i could cancel that or pay 25$ monthly
Old 05-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Lions
Elite

Lions will become famous soon enoughLions will become famous soon enough

I don't have it but I think Gamefly has movie rentals too so if you get it there would be no point in keeping Netflix.

Downside though- I believe you can only have like 2 things out at once.

edit- my bad, it's actually $15 a month to have ONE game out at a time. to have 2 out at a time it costs $22 a month. seems like a ripoff in my opinion, better off just renting from blockbuster or whatever.

Last edited by Lions; 05-24-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Ayotte
Elite Stoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions View Post
I don't have it but I think Gamefly has movie rentals too so if you get it there would be no point in keeping Netflix.

Downside though- I believe you can only have like 2 things out at once.

edit- my bad, it's actually $15 a month to have ONE game out at a time. to have 2 out at a time it costs $22 a month. seems like a ripoff in my opinion, better off just renting from blockbuster or whatever.
Ehh 15$ per game aint that bad.. You can keep it as long as you want so ou hve time to actually beat it.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
thenoober

thenoober is on a distinguished road

I did have it, but canceled after my 3rd month, to me not worth it.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
pudge1

pudge1 is on a distinguished road

Eh I'd just rather buy games, you pay for three months of this and you could have already just bought one of the damn games. Buy them used and you could get it in like 1-2 months of paying for the service. I'd rather have the game so I can take as long as I want to beat it (I don't really play video games all the time), and then so I can always pull it off the shelf and dust it off and play again months or years later and can still enjoy it.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Lions
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge1 View Post
Eh I'd just rather buy games, you pay for three months of this and you could have already just bought one of the damn games. Buy them used and you could get it in like 1-2 months of paying for the service. I'd rather have the game so I can take as long as I want to beat it (I don't really play video games all the time), and then so I can always pull it off the shelf and dust it off and play again months or years later and can still enjoy it.
This is the exact same reason I don't rent anymore. Plus, I don't ever really "focus" on one game. One day I might want to play Call of Duty, the next I want to play Forza, and the next I want to play Halo. If I had Gamefly I would have to go back and forth and it would take games in between. And besides, a lot of places now you can get a free $15 gift card for the store if your reserve a copy of the game there, I know target does it a lot. So that's like $45 for a new game. You can either have the game for 3 months.. or keep it for life.. and it's the same price to do both. Seems like a ripoff. Hell, even if you don't get a discount and pay the full $60, that's 4 months of having the game, or owning it forever. And if you're someone that likes to play multiplayer a lot, renting a game like Call of Duty or whatever is pointless, because then your one slot will be constantly occupied. At that point your basically forced to buy the game, and isn't that the whole reason you're using Gamefly in the first place, to avoid purchasing?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #7
Ayotte
Elite Stoner

Well the only reason i want it is because i buy games, beat them, then sell them to a friend for cheap or gamestop for like 1/12 of full price. Even though i get the urge to play them a few months later.

Gamefly i could keep the game as long as i want, beat it, return it and move on. If i crave it later, just rent again..
Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
Lions
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotte View Post
Well the only reason i want it is because i buy games, beat them, then sell them to a friend for cheap or gamestop for like 1/12 of full price. Even though i get the urge to play them a few months later.

Gamefly i could keep the game as long as i want, beat it, return it and move on. If i crave it later, just rent again..
Yes, exactly my question as to why you want Gamefly.. if you only are paying to have 1 game out at a time and there are two new games you want to play, you'll be forced to buy one or wait like a week to exchange them. Just doesn't make sense to me, but whatever..

And why would you sell to Gamestop? Use eBay, or if you don't have PayPal, Craigslist. It's your own fault if you get ripped off by Gamestop, everyone knows their buy back rates are crap.