ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Community Support > Tips From The Pros

Old 02-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
pFREDq

pFREDq is on a distinguished road
Default *Safely* completing Gamevance and other offers

Here is my first guide for Rewards1! This also works on many other GPT sites, but since we're not allowed to mention them (if I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me), that kind of takes a lot away from my guide. D: Also I had a lot more pictures, but apparently there's a limit to the number you can use...

Oh well, hopefully it will help out anyway!

For this amazing guide I will allow 356 testers, after that it will cost you $0.00003 in Paypal, rounded to the nearest penny... which would be $0.00. ;D

This guide is for completing the oh-so evil Gamevance offer. Now if you've ever heard of it, you're probably saying "But pFREDq, that stuff is ADWARE! We don't want that on our systems!" and you would be one hundred percent correct. That is why I recommend you use something called a virtual drive. What's that? Well to put it simply, it is a program that runs an operating system within an already-installed operating system, with it's own virtual hard drive. Nothing that happens within this virtual OS will affect your main OS, making it perfect to use with things like Gamevance!

Or alternatively, you could use a program called Sandboxie. Basically, it isolates a section of your hard drive, which is also quite handy when dealing with things like this.

Prerequisites:

1) A Rewards1 account
2) A little bit o' time

And if you're using a virtual drive rather than Sandboxie:

3) A computer with a powerful enough processor to handle running two operating systems at once
4) An installation disc for whatever OS you plan to emulate (preferably a LEGAL disc... ah, who am I kidding?)

Alright, now that that's out of the way, let's move on to the actual guide!

*If you're using Sandboxie, run the software and skip to the part where you begin the offer!*

The first thing you want to do is download a virtual drive software of your choice. I use Sun's VirtualBox and I highly recommend it. You can get it HERE. Now install it.

From here on, I will assume you are using SVB (Sun VirtualBox). If you aren't, the instructions should be similar to what you need to do anyway.

So open up SVB and click on the little blue starburst thing labeled "New." This will launch the New Virtual Machine Wizard. I won't go into too much detail here, it's all pretty straight forward.

I personally installed Windows XP to a virtual drive. So from here on in, I'll be referring to things that may not make sense unless you're using XP for this. I'll try to make understandable for all OS's though!

So once you've got your Virtual Drive installed, it's time to start her up! If it didn't open by itself after installation, click the green arrow labeled "Start" in SVB. This will start the OS.

First thing you want to do is install Firefox. This isn't required, whatever browser it comes with should do fine, but I prefer Firefox. If you don't want to bother with it, skip this step.

So open up Firefox (or whatever you're using) and go to rewards1.com. Sign in and find the offer titled "Gamevance." Click on it.

~Or if you've already done it on R1: Other places have Gamevance too. There's a large group of websites, their names usually end in Lagoon. There's also this other site where you search the web. It's initials are SB. Then there's a site like Steam or Direct2Drive, but they let you use points to pay for your games. I think the initials might just be PS. And then there's that site that many talk about here. It is commonly referred to as PR. Hmmm... Moving on.~

You should come to something that looks like this.

I actually already did the Gamevance offer on R1 before making this guide, so I have to use one on another site to make this, so it won't look exactly like this. Click on "PLAY NOW" and a download prompt will appear. Download the file.

Now go to folder it downloaded to. If you don't know where it is, right click the file in the download manager and click "Open File Location".

Run the file and an installation wizard will appear. I won't go into much detail, it's also very straight forward.

As soon as it finishes, a new window or tab will open up. Keep the installer open in the background.

On this new window/tab, fill in random stuff (you do NOT have to click the confirmation email, so you can just make one up, though you may want to use a real domain name like yahoo or gmail) and make sure to check the box "Yes, send me offers." Click "Register." It will go to a new page. Stop here and wait about a minute.

Done? Okay, now close out both Gamevance windows/tabs. Clear your cookies (in Firefox, Tools>Clear Recent History). And then close your browser. Click "Finish" on the installer and delete the "SetupGamevance.exe" file.

Now enter Add or Remove Programs if you're using Windows. I'm not sure what the Mac or Linux equivalent is, so you're on your own for that unfortunately if you use those.

Click Change/Remove. When the uninstaller appears, click Next. A new Firefox window will open. Ignore it and click "Reboot" on the uninstaller. I'm not sure if this completely gets rid of the program, but since we're just using a virtual drive it doesn't really matter.

Check your R1 account; you should be credited by this time!

But wait! Don't click Back yet! We aren't done! With those other sites that I certainly did not mention earlier, most of them have SEVERAL Gamevance offers! And after you uninstall it and reboot, just go back and you can repeat the same process (install Gamevance, uninstall Gamevance) exactly as I described here and you can get loads of points very quickly! Keep in mind if you DON'T uninstall Gamevance and try to do another Gamevance offer, it will not let you download and you will NOT get credit. So make sure you always uninstall it!

And that, my friends, is my guide on how to complete Gamevance offers.

Wait! Still not done! Extra special bonus time! All of the websites I (didn't) mention earlier, except for R1 for some odd reason, not only have Gamevance, but also something called Play Sushi. They are made by the same company and have a virtually identical process for completion! So don't stop with the Gamevance offers, do the Play Sushi ones too!

---

Here are the benefits of using this!

When doing this in R1, you get only .75 points. Not much, I know. Probably not even worth the time either. But with that... searching site you can get enough to get $10 worth of Amazon gift cards! Wow, right? And with that... Direct2Drive knockoff place, you can get nearly $25 worth of games from doing these! I think that's pretty sweet. With those... lagoony sites, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so I wouldn't even bother with them unless they decide to fix it one day. And on that other popular site commonly talked about here, you can get a couple dollars worth of points.

So, that's my guide! I hope this helps you out on R1 and those mysterious sites that were never mentioned or hinted at! ;)

Current Points: 1.51
Points Converted from cash: 1.81
Lifetime points earned: 54.70
Cash Balance: 0.02
Referals: 19
Prizes: 7 fulfilled ($50 worth of Ebay gift cards) 1 pending ($5 Ebay gift card)

Last edited by pFREDq; 02-12-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
narto928

narto928 is on a distinguished road

Good guide.
But.

JUST USE SANDBOXIE.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
pFREDq

Yeah, that probably would have been faster and easier, but I already had SVB installed, so I just used that. I'll edit it and add that. Thanks!

Prizes: 7 fulfilled ($50 worth of Ebay gift cards) 1 pending ($5 Ebay gift card)
Old 02-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Lombax

Lombax is on a distinguished road

Too long to read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxxy+Pocky View Post

Well played sir. Also you are asian. I like asians. They are cooler than our white bretherin.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
pFREDq

It's not that long, large pictures take up a lot of space. -__-

Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
Lombax

Lombax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pFREDq View Post
It's not that long, large pictures take up a lot of space. -__-
Too lazy to read then. Props for the effort though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxxy+Pocky View Post

Well played sir. Also you are asian. I like asians. They are cooler than our white bretherin.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #7
sk8freak315

sk8freak315 will become famous soon enough

Hmm, cool I will use this. I may try sandboxie..
Old 12-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
Ronaldinho
Elite

Ronaldinho will become famous soon enoughRonaldinho will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ronaldinho

Nice Guide, although I am suprised that GPT Websites allow these offers. One Gamevance gave me 50 Trojan's without me knowing. Now I have a new computer, but thanks again for the excellent guide, it will sure help some point needed people!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Lions
Elite

Lions will become famous soon enoughLions will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldinho View Post
Nice Guide, although I am suprised that GPT Websites allow these offers. One Gamevance gave me 50 Trojan's without me knowing. Now I have a new computer, but thanks again for the excellent guide, it will sure help some point needed people!
Hey spammer! Just thought I'd let you know you bumped a thread that's like 8 months old.

if months=inches this thread would be 16 times larger than your penis

Have a nice day, Halfy!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #10
Sullyy94
Elite

Sullyy94 has a spectacular aura aboutSullyy94 has a spectacular aura about

cool thanks.