ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > Entertainment

Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
SK55

SK55 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SK55

Never thought I'd say this, but Asexual is right. And Inception looks sick

When does Predators come out?

Last edited by SK55; 07-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
²°²

²°² will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) View Post
It won't be a classic, it should be a good action film though.

Inception will be an absolute masterpiece, and possibly a classic. Supposedly early reviews and screenings are saying it's Nolan's best work, and even better than the Dark Knight, I can't wait.

Best movie of the year
/No

In my opinion, its way too over-hyped. From the trailers, just from the trailers, I see that its another 'Wake up, life as you know it is just a dream' movie. I've seen Total Recall and The entire Matrix array about 10 times each. Those are true classics. Inception does look good, but the originality...it doesnt deliver. I think its over hyped because people forgot: 1) Matrix and movies like 'wake up, life is a dream blah' and 2)the trailer looks good. I have to expect in the end its just going to be the rehashed scene of when they wake up somewhere else. As soon as I heard something like "Life is a dream" or something like that in the trailer, I almost immediatley thought of:

Matrix
Total Recall
Repomen (1/4 of the movie was a "fake dream" plot)
Next (in a way. he could tell the future, so he went REALLY far into the future and when he came back, he awoke from a dream/daydream, therefore all that action was all..again.."fake dreamy")
A few others. Forgot the names. But you know the movies Im talking about.
^Therefore throwing away my interest. Im more of a story guy, I dont really feed off of flashy scenes and epic music(sometimes I do for the music ). You cant blame me though - I've heard/seen the plot a hundred times before, so what can make me interested?

But in a way, the same goes to Predators. And I am going to see Inception.

Last edited by ²°²; 07-07-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #13
Stay weiRd

Stay weiRd will become famous soon enough

Am i the only one who thinks that they freaking overuse the Alien vs Predators concept? It's getting quite annoying that every year i see a trailer or a commercial to that damn movie. DAMN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Galleio View Post
My ass isn't nearly as sexy.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
²°²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay weiRd View Post
Am i the only one who thinks that they freaking overuse the Alien vs Predators concept? It's getting quite annoying that every year i see a trailer or a commercial to that damn movie. DAMN!
I just want to slap the **** of you for saying that. Every year, really? 1992-2004, did you see any trailers? 2005-2007 did you see any trailers? 2008-2010 did you see any trailers? Holy hell. And it there have only been 2 AvP movies, like 3 or 4 Alien movies, and now a Predator movie. When you think about it, its not really overused, just separated into differnet parts and sometimes collaborated.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #15
Stay weiRd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ²°² View Post
I just want to slap the **** of you for saying that. Every year, really? 1992-2004, did you see any trailers? 2005-2007 did you see any trailers? 2008-2010 did you see any trailers? Holy hell. And it there have only been 2 AvP movies, like 3 or 4 Alien movies, and now a Predator movie. When you think about it, its not really overused, just separated into differnet parts and sometimes collaborated.
ok i exaggerated but the movie is so friggin repetitive! I don't really like repetitiveness, the movies maybe in different styles it's just that they're always reviving the aliens/predators theme. But i have to admit this one seems cooler than the old ones. (not including the 1st 1...classic beats new :D)
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #16
Stay weiRd

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3 View Post
all i know is that the black guy got killed. But that i was already expecting lol
you just know a small part of the story. Some guys end up in a planet. How? Where? You don't know yet. Then who they are. Black ops, mercenaries, yakuza and so on. But thats about it. The rest is just footage of everybody killing each other
why is it always the black guy daaaaaaammmmmmmmmmit!
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #17
D3
Elite

D3 has a spectacular aura aboutD3 has a spectacular aura aboutD3 has a spectacular aura about

whats overhyped is vampires and werewolfs. Also, zombies. I am fucking tired of zombie jokes and everything. Its just not funny
Old 07-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
Stay weiRd

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3 View Post
whats overhyped is vampires and werewolfs. Also, zombies. I am fucking tired of zombie jokes and everything. Its just not funny
So me and a zombie were walking down the street and there was this girl giving out blowjobs. I was like you wanna get one? And he was like i don't need head, i need BRAIN! HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR...lol zombies are only cool in video games.
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #19
²°²

Quote:
So me and a zombie were walking down the street and there was this girl giving out blowjobs. I was like you wanna get one? And he was like i don't need head, i need BRAIN! HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR...lol zombies are only cool in video games.
fail joke is fail.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:23 AM   #20
Pyros
From the Ashes (R1 Staff)

Pyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER) View Post
It won't be a classic, it should be a good action film though.

Inception will be an absolute masterpiece, and possibly a classic. Supposedly early reviews and screenings are saying it's Nolan's best work, and even better than the Dark Knight, I can't wait.

Best movie of the year
Really. i dont keep up but I was definitely interested in watching this movie. I'm hoping it lives up to expectations lol, i think the setup is extremely good thus far, lol though the cast feel sos batman like >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ²°² View Post
/No

In my opinion, its way too over-hyped. From the trailers, just from the trailers, I see that its another 'Wake up, life as you know it is just a dream' movie. I've seen Total Recall and The entire Matrix array about 10 times each. Those are true classics. Inception does look good, but the originality...it doesnt deliver. I think its over hyped because people forgot: 1) Matrix and movies like 'wake up, life is a dream blah' and 2)the trailer looks good. I have to expect in the end its just going to be the rehashed scene of when they wake up somewhere else. As soon as I heard something like "Life is a dream" or something like that in the trailer, I almost immediatley thought of:

Matrix
Total Recall
Repomen (1/4 of the movie was a "fake dream" plot)
Next (in a way. he could tell the future, so he went REALLY far into the future and when he came back, he awoke from a dream/daydream, therefore all that action was all..again.."fake dreamy")
A few others. Forgot the names. But you know the movies Im talking about.
^Therefore throwing away my interest. Im more of a story guy, I dont really feed off of flashy scenes and epic music(sometimes I do for the music ). You cant blame me though - I've heard/seen the plot a hundred times before, so what can make me interested?

But in a way, the same goes to Predators. And I am going to see Inception.
you know that jsut because the premise has been done and or used doesnt mean the movie cannot be good. but i suppose what you're doing ( taking a harsher stance on the movie ) in general is a good idea, that way at least you wont get let down :P

works for everything :D

Quote:
I reference 28 days later for massive damage.

Pyros