ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
pudge1

pudge1 is on a distinguished road
Default Don't use USPS for international shipping

I recently sold my 160GB iPod Classic 7th Generation on eBay, if you recall I held a contest for guessing the final sale price of it. Well the guy paid me right away and it was real nice, that day I went to my local USPS office, shipped it out for around $20 to South Africa (which is where this guy is from). Well a few weeks went by and he hadn't got it yet, went into the office but the lady working there told me all they knew is that it had left that post office and knew nothing more about the package. Well it has now been a month and needless to say that this guy is pretty pissed off, and with good reason. I have tried to be as accommodating as I can be but this is in the hands of the postal service. Well he filed a dispute now and now I am out $240. I sent an e-mail to USPS about my problem and again needless to say I am pretty pissed off at them.

I would highly recommend that none of you use USPS for international shipping, it isn't widely available in all countries since it is a United States company so it is up to the local post offices once it arrives there. You'd be better off using something such as DHL or UPS that works great for international shipping.

Anyway I am awaiting their response that I should receive from them in 2-3 days. I can't even begin to tell you how pissed off at them I am. They most likely misplaced the package and it will arrive there, so that guy gets the refund and (eventually) the iPod, USPS gets their money that I paid for them to ship it there, and I am out an iPod and $240, everyone wins except for me. If USPS's customer support isn't amazing I will never be using them again, even for non-international shipments which I use quite often.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
HaydenPee
Elite Flaming Forum Homo

HaydenPee has a spectacular aura aboutHaydenPee has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to HaydenPee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge1 View Post
I recently sold my 160GB iPod Classic 7th Generation on eBay, if you recall I held a contest for guessing the final sale price of it. Well the guy paid me right away and it was real nice, that day I went to my local USPS office, shipped it out for around $20 to South Africa (which is where this guy is from). Well a few weeks went by and he hadn't got it yet, went into the office but the lady working there told me all they knew is that it had left that post office and knew nothing more about the package. Well it has now been a month and needless to say that this guy is pretty pissed off, and with good reason. I have tried to be as accommodating as I can be but this is in the hands of the postal service. Well he filed a dispute now and now I am out $240. I sent an e-mail to USPS about my problem and again needless to say I am pretty pissed off at them.

I would highly recommend that none of you use USPS for international shipping, it isn't widely available in all countries since it is a United States company so it is up to the local post offices once it arrives there. You'd be better off using something such as DHL or UPS that works great for international shipping.

Anyway I am awaiting their response that I should receive from them in 2-3 days. I can't even begin to tell you how pissed off at them I am. They most likely misplaced the package and it will arrive there, so that guy gets the refund and (eventually) the iPod, USPS gets their money that I paid for them to ship it there, and I am out an iPod and $240, everyone wins except for me. If USPS's customer support isn't amazing I will never be using them again, even for non-international shipments which I use quite often.

Well the guy is going to be even more pissed when he finds out he has to pay a **** ton of duties and taxes. It's in customs. I guarantee you. Through any International postage, you have to go through customs. It takes sometimes MONTHS to get through customs. Shouldnt have sold it to someone outside of the US. I sent something to my girlfriend a couple months ago and it took three weeks to get there. It was in customs for over a week. That's just in Canada, and I was extremely lucky with it only taking a bit over a week.

It's important to get TRACKING on items you send out to international places.

Share this link with your friends and I'll suck your penis
Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
pudge1

USPS wouldn't even sell me tracking on the package since it was international.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
HaydenPee
Elite Flaming Forum Homo

Quote:
USPS wouldn't even sell me tracking on the package since it was international.
That's ****ed up... I got tracking on my ****...

Old 04-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
Lions
Elite

Lions will become famous soon enoughLions will become famous soon enough

I've only shipped internationally once on eBay, it was annoying and a hassle. Haven't done it since.

(I also used USPS)
Old 04-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
pudge1

Yeah well I have yet to receive a response from USPS and the guy wants a refund, I'm pretty ****ing pissed.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
Blockis
Elite Block

Blockis has a spectacular aura aboutBlockis has a spectacular aura about

That blows :/

Blockis

Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
HaydenPee
Elite Flaming Forum Homo

Quote:
Yeah well I have yet to receive a response from USPS and the guy wants a refund, I'm pretty ****ing pissed.
Tell him it's most likely in customs. Show him the shipping receipt and tell him to STFU- who knows the mother ****er may have it.

If he files a claim, all you gotta do is show that YOU shipped it. if he didn't opt for insurance then thats HIS problem. Not YOURS.

You should have a shipping receipt