ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
Arch Angel

Arch Angel has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmomannn View Post
yeah if you work out 60 minutes a day for the week the minimum you lose is 15
How am i supposed to describe this to my grandmother? I don't think she believes in diets.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #22
wilmomannn

wilmomannn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Angel View Post
How am i supposed to describe this to my grandmother? I don't think she believes in diets.
tell her what do you have to lose
(17:25) Jairtheshadow: lol im way to ugly xD
Old 04-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #23
skaterbro9000
Elite

skaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura aboutskaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura about

Well im a person who loves to exercise. The reason why i started exercising in the first place was because mainly of well, peer pressure and now motivation from some friends and my sister. I saw that most of my friends were playing sports at my school (track, swimming, soccer, basketball) and that really got me to start getting fit. Then my sister loves to run, which really i hate running but then again i do which is paradoxical. I only like to exercise with my sister and we would both do a program called Insanity together. That stuff will kill you so I wouldn't recommend doing it if you are new to exercising nonstop.

So yeah what im trying to say, it takes motivation, like lots of it, to get healthy and exercising and fit. Im pretty sure you have a friend who loves to exercise. You should get an exercising buddy or friend and trust me, you will be motivated unless he/she becomes lazy.

And yeah, your daily diet is of course, another part of becoming healthy.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #24
Billinator
Elite

Billinator has a spectacular aura aboutBillinator has a spectacular aura aboutBillinator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Angel View Post
I feel your loss buddy. I was the same way, just not too over weight. I used to consume 10-15 cans of coke a day, was overly tired and had dull looking skin. In about 2009 3rd quarter began taking care of myself, eating healthier and I also quit drinking soda along with other sugary foods two years ago. I got very serious with my health and began exercising and drinking 20-30 glasses of water a day. I also began to lose a bit of weight. I improved my sleeping habbits.

Last year I was introduced to fasting. I heard great things about it and going to do one. There's juice fasting, fruit and fasting on veggies, then there's water fasting.

Tell granny to put a cork in her mouth, what you eat is what you are.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #25
R1-Raper

R1-Raper is on a distinguished road

Learn Parkour/Free Running. We recently got a kid who wantedto lose weight who weighed 230lbs. His first goal was get on top of a roof by doing a muscle up on a slippery 7 foot wall with no foot grip. He reached it in a week of trying. He's done it for a month and he's already down 15 pounds. It gets you fit and ripped. And it lets you eat all you want as long as you continually train.

Last edited by R1-Raper; 04-05-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #26
pudge1

pudge1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodhin View Post
I feel your loss buddy. I was the same way, just not too over weight. I used to consume 10-15 cans of coke a day, was overly tired and had dull looking skin. In about 2009 3rd quarter began taking care of myself, eating healthier and I also quit drinking soda along with other sugary foods two years ago. I got very serious with my health and began exercising and drinking 20-30 glasses of water a day. I also began to lose a bit of weight. I improved my sleeping habbits.

Last year I was introduced to fasting. I heard great things about it and going to do one. There's juice fasting, fruit and fasting on veggies, then there's water fasting.

Tell granny to put a cork in her mouth, what you eat is what you are.
Water fasting is extremely dangerous. Excess amounts of water in your blood dilutes the necessary nutrients being carried to your cells and more specifically your brain and can easily kill you of water toxication. I am very surprised that that didn't happen to you drinking 20-30 glasses of water a day, they must have been pretty small glasses.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #27
Billinator
Elite

Billinator has a spectacular aura aboutBillinator has a spectacular aura aboutBillinator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge1 View Post
Water fasting is extremely dangerous. Excess amounts of water in your blood dilutes the necessary nutrients being carried to your cells and more specifically your brain and can easily kill you of water toxication. I am very surprised that that didn't happen to you drinking 20-30 glasses of water a day, they must have been pretty small glasses.
Fasting for 1-2 days on water has few risks, going beyond that should be supervised by a doctor. That's why I mentioned juice fasting first. But it needs to be extrcted with a juicer from organic fruit.

I've done a 2 full day water fast before, had no trouble except being bored.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #28
Lions
Elite

Lions will become famous soon enoughLions will become famous soon enough

1) Don't do fasting.

2) Believe it or not, most people don't really enjoy exercise, it's just that it has become a part of their routine that they can stand doing it for extended periods of time. That's what your first goal should be, simply making an exercise, ANY exercise, a part of your daily routine. That doesn't mean you have to go start playing a sport or joining a fitness club! Do you have sneakers? Go running. You already said that you enjoy riding your bike, that will work to. Plus it doesn't wear down your joints the way that running does, so that's a plus. Or, if you can, try swimming. That's what I do anyway, it's fun, it actually soothes your muscles, and it gives more parts of your body a workout than just about any other exercise out there. But seriously, just pick the one that is the best for you. Don't listen to what other people say about which one is best or any of that crap, just pick the one that you enjoy the most. Or.. pick the one that you dislike the least, whichever way you want to look at it.

In addition to running/biking/swimming, you can also start doing some other type of exercises at home. Maybe crunches, maybe sit ups, maybe push ups, maybe pull ups, maybe weight lifting. Don't go out and buy equipment if you don't have it or whatever, just do whatever is simplest and works best for you.

3) Dieting IS important.. but not nearly as important as what some people make it out to be. If you were 30 years old it would be different. You're a teenager, you can put a lot of crap into your body now and it won't affect you nearly as negatively as when your older. Basically the thing with dieting is you want to be eating healthier stuff that will give you the energy to actually DO the exercises you're going to start doing. And as far as junk food goes? Take a look at the nutrition labels, find out what stuff is REALLY bad for you and cut that out. The stuff that's bad for you but not terrible? Cut back, but don't cut it out. Seriously, you can't just stop eating all junk food at once. It will suck. It's possible, but I don't recommend trying it.

Good luck and feel free to ask me if you want any advice or help man, nice to see someone actually DOING something about trying to improve themselves rather than just sitting around whining about how bad their life is. Pleasant change of pace.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
pudge1

pudge1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodhin View Post
Fasting for 1-2 days on water has few risks, going beyond that should be supervised by a doctor. That's why I mentioned juice fasting first. But it needs to be extrcted with a juicer from organic fruit.

I've done a 2 full day water fast before, had no trouble except being bored.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57919

Water toxication can happen within a few hours of excessive water drinking, and the fact that she wasn't peeing had little to do with the death. Don't be so misleading, you were lucky that it didn't happen to you.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #30
Arch Angel

Arch Angel has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions View Post
1) Don't do fasting.

2) Believe it or not, most people don't really enjoy exercise, it's just that it has become a part of their routine that they can stand doing it for extended periods of time. That's what your first goal should be, simply making an exercise, ANY exercise, a part of your daily routine. That doesn't mean you have to go start playing a sport or joining a fitness club! Do you have sneakers? Go running. You already said that you enjoy riding your bike, that will work to. Plus it doesn't wear down your joints the way that running does, so that's a plus. Or, if you can, try swimming. That's what I do anyway, it's fun, it actually soothes your muscles, and it gives more parts of your body a workout than just about any other exercise out there. But seriously, just pick the one that is the best for you. Don't listen to what other people say about which one is best or any of that crap, just pick the one that you enjoy the most. Or.. pick the one that you dislike the least, whichever way you want to look at it.

In addition to running/biking/swimming, you can also start doing some other type of exercises at home. Maybe crunches, maybe sit ups, maybe push ups, maybe pull ups, maybe weight lifting. Don't go out and buy equipment if you don't have it or whatever, just do whatever is simplest and works best for you.

3) Dieting IS important.. but not nearly as important as what some people make it out to be. If you were 30 years old it would be different. You're a teenager, you can put a lot of crap into your body now and it won't affect you nearly as negatively as when your older. Basically the thing with dieting is you want to be eating healthier stuff that will give you the energy to actually DO the exercises you're going to start doing. And as far as junk food goes? Take a look at the nutrition labels, find out what stuff is REALLY bad for you and cut that out. The stuff that's bad for you but not terrible? Cut back, but don't cut it out. Seriously, you can't just stop eating all junk food at once. It will suck. It's possible, but I don't recommend trying it.

Good luck and feel free to ask me if you want any advice or help man, nice to see someone actually DOING something about trying to improve themselves rather than just sitting around whining about how bad their life is. Pleasant change of pace.
It is hard as hell. You know any good substitutions for lunches/dinners (incase they are unhealthy). i was thinking a pasta or maybe soup/stew? but idk.