ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Community Support > Guides

Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
skaterbro9000
Elite

skaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura aboutskaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura about
Default How to get classic maps for Black Ops [Xbox 360]

This is a guide on how to get the classic Black Ops maps (NO MODDING/FLASHING)

I did this already to my xbox and it works!

O and btw, this only works for the Xbox 360, not sure on how to do it for the PS3, i guess google it.

ALL CREDITS GOES TO MUSLIMMODZ
Video here. If text easily confuses you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaFBcepqn8w

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU CORRUPT YOUR PROFILE OR ANY OTHER VITAL FILES.

So anyways, what you will need
  1. Xbox 360
  2. 2 Controllers
  3. Flash Drive (1GB or above)
  4. Xbox LIVE connection (not sure if this is needed, but i think you all have this)
  5. A brain

Configuring your flash drive

So first, take your flash drive, stick it into a usb port on your xbox. Then turn on xbox if you haven't already, head over to system settings, go to memory, USB storage device, customize, reserve 768 MB, configure.

O and if a message pops up saying your USB flash drive does not meet system requirements, do not worry, it will still work. I got that message too and I was able to do everything fine.

Copying your profile

Now go to your hard drive, go to to gamer profiles, find your profile, then move your profile to the USB drive you configured. Once that is done, turn off or leave your xbox and head over to your computer

Downloading the tools and files needed

Okay first you will need the following:

Black Ops Classic Maps (Depending on your internet speed, this might take awhile because this is 720 MB. It took me 2 hours to download it because i have a shitty connection)
Download

USB Xtaf v17 (the one in the MuslimModz's video description is an outdated version, therefore it will not work so get this version instead since this is the version he is using in the video. I guess he put up the wrong download link)
Download

Adding the Classic Maps on your flash drive

Alrighty after downloading those files, make sure your USB device you used to get your profile off your xbox is in your computer's USB port. Now, open up usbxtafgui_v17.exe and if the new version dialog pops up, click no. Then click FILE > OPEN DEVICE. Then double click (dlr)Content.

It will open up your profile which is those numbers you see (dlr)E000....
Click New Folder, and type in 16 zeros in the dialog (0000000000000000). Then click OK. Now click the (dlr)0000000000000000 folder you created.

Go to the files for black ops folder and find the 41560855 folder. Drag that folder into USB xtaf and it will say injecting at the bottom. Wait until it is done, it might take awhile. Once it says DONE at the bottom, click the two little dots (..) to go back to where your profile and the new folder you created is at and drag the E0000D1DD702EA8E folder into USB Xtaf. Wait until that's done. Then when it's done, click FILE > CLOSE. Take your flash drive and stick it into your xbox 360, turn it on if you haven't already.

Transferring the files onto your xbox

Alright make sure you have your USB Drive in your xbox, now head over to system settings, memory, your flash drive, gamer profiles, then move your profile and BlakOps taco543 to your xbox. Then when that's done, go to games, Black Ops, World at War Zombies for Black Ops, move, hard drive.

Playing the Maps

Alright now that is all done, now you will need to know how to get access to the maps. Start up the Black Ops game and this is where the second controller will come to use. After it is all done loading and you are at the TV main menu thingy, turn on your second controller and sign into the BlakOps taco543. After you sign in with the second controller, back out of the guide and it will pop up with a message saying the black ops server is not available at this time. Just say exit and after it is done loading and you are at the TV main menu screen, signout of the BlakOps taco543 profile on your second controller and you should now have access to the classic maps.

You can play these maps online/offline.

And yeah repeat the Playing the Maps step to get access to the maps if you dont see them on the Zombies menu

This might seem very hard, but it's not. Just be sure to use the USB Xstaf v17 download link i have here so you do not screw up your profile.

If you are having troubles with USB Xstaf, or if the maps or the blakops taco profile is not showing up on your USB drive, then you are doing something wrong. Follow the instructions and the video carefully

Last edited by skaterbro9000; 01-29-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
Mason
Elite Moderator

Mason has a spectacular aura aboutMason has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Mason

i did this a week or two ago but anyways nice guide if you legit wrote it ... rep anyways :P

I am the Alpha and the Omega
Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Ronaldinho
Elite

Ronaldinho will become famous soon enoughRonaldinho will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ronaldinho

It works? Cool, I will def do it. If it works I will +rep ;D
Old 01-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
raysion

raysion will become famous soon enoughraysion will become famous soon enough

can i do this with a 2gig USB stick?
ssbb code:0216-5348-6117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
lol
im not an expert here =*(

Pyros
Old 01-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
skaterbro9000
Elite

skaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura aboutskaterbro9000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysion View Post
can i do this with a 2gig USB stick?
yes, 1GB or above is all you need. well all you really need is 768 MB
Old 01-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Mason
Elite Moderator

Mason has a spectacular aura aboutMason has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterbro9000 View Post
yes, 1GB or above is all you need. well all you really need is 768 MB
i think a gig is the minimum to configure it

I am the Alpha and the Omega
Old 01-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
raysion

raysion will become famous soon enoughraysion will become famous soon enough

yay if it works il try it out l8ter. any of u guys wanna play black ops nazi zombies? i am actually really good at it. my and my buddies have gotten to like 27 but then we can never seem to get a max ammo when we need it da most. add my GT its raysion same as my username. wuts ur GT so I can add u up
ssbb code:0216-5348-6117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
lol
im not an expert here =*(

Pyros
Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
Ronaldinho
Elite

Ronaldinho will become famous soon enoughRonaldinho will become famous soon enough

Not working, Not sure why.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 AM   #9
Ronaldinho
Elite

I deleted the USB folder, cause I think I messed up, but then I download it and it still has the came codes in it :/

Oh and also, when I first put the USB in the xbox, and set it it then says, something like "Xbox does not meet xbox requirements, you may have troubles adding profiles etc... with blah blah blah, but it lets me continue" and it has a yellow caution, but when he did it on the video it was green, why is that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaFBcepqn8w
1:04

And at the Injecting part how long should it take
Old 01-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #10
Ronaldinho
Elite

I did it, will I be able to get the new map that comes out soon now? Ascention or w.e