ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Rewards1 > News, Announcements & Contests

Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #21
Pyros
From the Ashes (R1 Staff)

Pyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge1 View Post
I reported them to Nintendo because of their main page.
i like how you're jumping to the gun

Pyros
Old 11-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #22
Kieran

Kieran will become famous soon enoughKieran will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tournedisque View Post
@Kieran did you say you promoted Rewards1 with a referral link?
Where exactly did you try to promote it?

If you believe your account was disabled by mistake, click here. /help/?faq=1581
dude, I've contacted them several times in the time my accounts been disabled. I never advertised with a referral link, I simply suggested the page to my friends, which is the worrying part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
well i'll agree with ya. have you tried contacting facebook themselves? if not then use the forms that tournedisque just mentioned... it seems kinda dumb for them to disable ya like that -_- without any warning too..
LOL yeah he should though personally it s abunch of bullocks if his acct is still disabled ><
Kieran if you could try that lol >< i know it might be a long shot but R1 has no idea why you're facebook has been disabled either.Pyros
Again Pyros mate, I've contacted them several times, to no avail. It's really, really frustrating. R1 truely is a load of bollocks. Sorry Bean if you read this, or Martine or Dotti, but i'm never suggesting anything you guys tell us to again. That's it, game over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Galleio View Post
And do what? Mine silver for 6 hours?
Old 11-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #23
tournedisque

tournedisque is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tournedisque Send a message via MSN to tournedisque Send a message via Skype™ to tournedisque

^^ hehe even tho this is a interesting topic but I gotta be blunt and say "It's time to make a new facebook".

Have you asked your friends if they flagged the page suggest to them? (dout they would tell you)
Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #24
Kieran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tournedisque View Post
^^ hehe even tho this is a interesting topic but I gotta be blunt and say "It's time to make a new facebook".

Have you asked your friends if they flagged the page suggest to them? (dout they would tell you)
if you took the time to read the rules man, you'll find out that having more than one personal facebook account at once, could lead to disablement.
Quote:
Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #25
Martine
R1 Staff

Martine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
my fucking facebook page got disabled. maybe it was because I promoted this group. who the fuck knows, all I know, is i'm angreh. I have close family on there, and family I've not seen for years, and now, no contact with them whatsover. I'm pissed man.
That is so not cool of facebook. I agree with Pyros we gotta make sure we get people to fill out that form...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #26
bean
r1 janitor

bean is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear what happened to your account keiran, didn't realize fb was so draconianly stupid and all you did was share us?

has this happened to anyone else?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #27

will become famous soon enough

Ahh guys. You did it all wrong. Like Swagbucks, they actually had active members in the community. The website gave people the ability to 'reach out' to the developers and the rest of the community. Daily news feed, free points everywhere, games, fun polls, everything. They got the community involved, even w/ a FaceBook sync feature.

If you havent caught on yet, WE NEED THIS guys. We need to have a more user-friendly site and developer-interaction. The more people that like this site, the more people that join. Personally, R1 is a good place, but it just needs more, again, user-friendly features and daily news updates etc. The main reason people stay at SwagBucks is because, other than free stuff, the website. Contests, Free Points, A user-message system, polls, a more 'diverse' site overall.

So when SB announced a new FB page, they got hundreds of likes and fans per hour because the users liked to come back, and they probably had a promotion like "Like/Fan our new page and get 5 SB free!" In this problem of R1 having troubles with Facebook, we seriously need to look at SB as an example.
 is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #28
Lastwill
Kami Mod-sama

Lastwill has a spectacular aura aboutLastwill has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Lastwill

Well you should also take in to consideration that SB doesn't lose that much from giving away 10 SB because they overprice prizes. Also they changed the point system so that it would appear 10 SB is alot.

What I think R1 should do is make 1 point equal 1 penny like Pyros suggested before. So giving away 10 Points appears like a lot even though we all can figure out it's only 10 cents. From there you can add codes to the site in which users can get points by entering them.

Of course we need to get R1 unblocked first.

Nothing Lasts Forever.

Last edited by Lastwill; 11-13-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #29
Jake
Elite

Jake has a spectacular aura aboutJake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastwill View Post
Well you should also take in to consideration that SB doesn't lose that much from giving away 10 SB because they overprice prizes. Also they changed the point system so that it would appear 10 SB is alot.

What I think R1 should do is make 1 point equal 1 penny like Pyros suggested before. So giving away 10 Points appears like a lot even though we all can figure out it's only 10 cents. From there you can add codes to the site in which users can get points by entering them.

Of course we need to get R1 unblocked first.
2o2 is just using 5 SB as a reference, not the actual number. Yes, they indeed have overpriced items but honestly who actually uses the Swag Search thing as their default search engine? No one.

And lets suppose R1 did decide to have a "Become a fan and get 2 free dollars on rewards1." Let's face it, how many of them would become a fan, come here and fail to meet the minimum price quota and quit the site? A lot of them. And in return that 2 free dollars we just gave them, in reality, still belongs to us.

I don't even use GPT sites anymore, but I am coming up on my 3rd complete year on these forums and I am still waiting on this site to take off. Rewards1 has come a long way from where it started and it's been fun seeing it progress. My id here is somewhere around 25,000 and I am not sure what the most recent user's number is but I am sure we'd all be astonished.

I hope the staff comes up with an idea that will just leave the competitors in the dust, and hopefully 1 day, this site will get the credit is deserves for all it's hard work.

Best of luck.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
Kieran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
sorry to hear what happened to your account keiran, didn't realize fb was so draconianly stupid and all you did was share us?

has this happened to anyone else?
yup, man, that's all I did. suggested the group to my friends. **** this ****.
Quote: