ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Rewards1 > Referral Talk

Old 03-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
bean
r1 janitor

bean is on a distinguished road
Default Google is your best friend

Google is honestly the best thing since the creation of the internet. There are MANY ways you can make use of this wonderful site. Today I'll be talking about using it for one particular purpose: Industrial espionage.

When most people think of google, they just use it to search for things like new cars, or the latest games, or famous celeb girls, etc. What most people don't realize is, you can also use google to search for how other referrers are driving traffic.

Y'see, all google does is crawl the net and records everything it sees - and you can pretty easily pull that info up to your advantage. For example, you need to use a specific url to refer people to Rewards1 right? If you're going to blog, video link, forum post, etc. you need to use that "special url" with your referral ID - and guess what, google sees all of that and remembers it. Sooooo... what happens when you search in google:
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id

Now all of a sudden you can see what other people are doing. Pretty crazy eh?

Here's my second followup tip. Rewards1 is still a relatively new GPT site compared to some of the others other out there. I think a few of you have already guessed my second tip... use google to search for what other referrers are doing for the other GPT sites! Some "pro" referrers make thousands of dollars from just referring people. So now you can use google to your advantage to take a peek at how they are doing it.

Of course, these tips also apply if you simple just search for the domain name. Play around with google, it's your friend.

till next time.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
moneymakerlive

moneymakerlive is on a distinguished road
Default what u mean use google

i dont understand how to use google to look up good people who refer other people
Old 03-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Gabrax

Gabrax is on a distinguished road

Well try to think about how you want to get your referral link out. Use google to help you as a means of learning how to get referrals. I think Bean doesn't want to give you too much to overload you with in terms of possible techniques that I haven't seen completely covered on this board.

I'll let you in on something very basic. Create a website.
From there learn about what else you can do to promote it.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
bean
r1 janitor

bean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymakerlive View Post
i dont understand how to use google to look up good people who refer other people
google will show you (expose) how other people promote Rewards1, because you can search for something as specific as the referral url. try it, you'll see what i mean.

its a trick to use if you run out of ideas, are curoius how others promote or just want to be inspired.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Eric Sherman
Elite

Eric Sherman has a spectacular aura aboutEric Sherman has a spectacular aura about

The search is spammed up with the forums everyone spams with their links. I'm like 10 pages through and have yet to find my amazing tactic that requires no work :)

Lifetime Earnings: 510.72 972.92 1,597.06 2,876
Referrals: 2,646 4,668 7,691 10,400
Date: 5/31 6/30 7/31 8/31

My AIM SN: TehLegitest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommzyd View Post
If you want to advertise and discuss other GPTs, take yourself over to IMM. This isn't the place for it.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
moneymakerlive

moneymakerlive is on a distinguished road
Default dont understand how to get referlls

i try and post on forums but no referals and i dont know any other forum sites can any one else tell me other then napster cpixel h1 5 and friendster i dont know any other forum sites also i dont know how u get so many referels
Old 03-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
Gabrax

Maker, the second part of my R1 survival guide covers some of the basics for referrals. You can view it at the Tips from the Pro's section of the forum.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
knucklessonic8

knucklessonic8 is on a distinguished road

Bean, this is a great tip, thank you! I'll try it out. :o
Old 03-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
Farzaam3

Farzaam3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Farzaam3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Google is honestly the best thing since the creation of the internet. There are MANY ways you can make use of this wonderful site. Today I'll be talking about using it for one particular purpose: Industrial espionage.

When most people think of google, they just use it to search for things like new cars, or the latest games, or famous celeb girls, etc. What most people don't realize is, you can also use google to search for how other referrers are driving traffic.

Y'see, all google does is crawl the net and records everything it sees - and you can pretty easily pull that info up to your advantage. For example, you need to use a specific url to refer people to Rewards1 right? If you're going to blog, video link, forum post, etc. you need to use that "special url" with your referral ID - and guess what, google sees all of that and remembers it. Sooooo... what happens when you search in google:
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id

Now all of a sudden you can see what other people are doing. Pretty crazy eh?

Here's my second followup tip. Rewards1 is still a relatively new GPT site compared to some of the others other out there. I think a few of you have already guessed my second tip... use google to search for what other referrers are doing for the other GPT sites! Some "pro" referrers make thousands of dollars from just referring people. So now you can use google to your advantage to take a peek at how they are doing it.

Of course, these tips also apply if you simple just search for the domain name. Play around with google, it's your friend.

till next time.
im not following so what should i search on google?
Offer Earnings 12.65
Number of Referrals 3
Referral Earnings 0.57
Lifetime Earnings 13.22
Old 03-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
Gabrax

key word(s): industrial espionage.

scout and gather info, come to a conclusion on what methods other people have been using to get their referrals. Topics for search are the questions you have. Think of their answers and run searches for them to see if they show up as possible ideas, like, if someone did this idea about putting this link on that certain page with these certain things etc.

Good luck.