ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Rewards1 > News, Announcements & Contests

Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #21
TheRiGuy
Elite

TheRiGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheRiGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheRiGuy has a spectacular aura about

something that would be cool this time around is if they not only told us which place we were in on the contest but also how many active referrals we had because i'm sorry but the history log gets confusing when you start referring a lot of people and it would also be nice to see how far behind or ahead you are
Old 02-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #22
bean
r1 janitor

bean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiGuy View Post
something that would be cool this time around is if they not only told us which place we were in on the contest but also how many active referrals we had because i'm sorry but the history log gets confusing when you start referring a lot of people and it would also be nice to see how far behind or ahead you are

ya i admit there is no good way to tell how many active referrals you have, who they are, etc. part of the reason is privacy concerns - the people you refer may not want you to know that, and that's their right.

in fact in the beginning we didn't even post referrals names in the history log, they simply appeared as "Referral Credit"... but we decided to put real names in so that we could prove to members that you actually do get credited.

another reason why we don't publish referral counts for contests is because they aren't official until we verify them, which only happens after the contest is over. but i suppose it is something we could do if everyone knows this and is ok with it...
Old 02-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #23
bean
r1 janitor

bean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashher2 View Post
All im saying is next time make a competition which doesnt throw all the newbies into the deep end, when this website first started it was probaly easy to get people to sign up, but make a youtube video now and nobody will watch it because there is no many, i try to advertise on forums but they get deleted because its spam apparently, and like i said before i dont have over 1,000 friends to personaly tell.
i understand your concern. we've actually had 2 previous referral contests where there were 10 winning spots, but with smaller prize money for each spot. as mentioned earlier this time around we're changing things up - less spots but higher prize money. also keep in mind this isn't the last referral contest either... we'll definitely mix things up more in the future

referrals is a funny thing. you'd think it'd be easier in the beginning, but consider this. when rewards1 first started out no one knew about it and if you tried to refer someone they'd think its a scam because there's nothing backing you up. the forums only came around in late november - there was no testimonials forums in the beginning.

now if you refer someone there's r1 forums, youtube, answers.yahoo.com, google, etc. all providing backup testimonial support.

speaking of youtube, there are many, MANY other avenues to market - youtube is not the only one. having said that, there is still a lot of other opportunity for youtube. You need to think outside the box a little.. if you follow what other people have already done, chances are you won't be as successful - especially if a LOT of other people have already done it.

i'm gonna write up some of my thoughts on referrals... soon. i just need to find the time
Old 02-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #24
joshg07

joshg07 is on a distinguished road
Question

I am clueless to how some people using rewards1 get so many referrals...like a saw this guy that had over 2000 referrals, when most other users cannot achieve more than 50? I find this very confusing
Offer Earnings 28.05
Number of Referrals 54
Referral Earnings 6.14
Lifetime Earnings 34.19
Old 02-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #25
TheRiGuy
Elite

TheRiGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheRiGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheRiGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshg07 View Post
I am clueless to how some people using rewards1 get so many referrals...like a saw this guy that had over 2000 referrals, when most other users cannot achieve more than 50? I find this very confusing
ya i seen him to but he probably spent money to advertise on the internet...
Old 02-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #26
bdvu2k

bdvu2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiGuy View Post
ya i seen him to but he probably spent money to advertise on the internet...
I have spent no money on advertising on Rewards1 or anywhere else whatsoever. That would ruin the meaning of FREE stuff on R1.
Lifetime Earnings 2,957.35
Prizes received: ehh..too many to list..
Next prize: shoot..i dont even know..
BEGGING WILL NOT GET YOU ANYWHERE...i wont say one word. Im on the forums on and off..you can really call me active
Old 02-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #27
Ace

Ace is on a distinguished road

Aww man! Those prizes look SWEET! But theres too much competition for a clean game...time to scam >_>...<_<...
|Offers Completed........39
|Offer Earnings........44.80
|Number of Referrals.....104
|Referral Earnings....42.06
|Lifetime Earnings....86.86
|Saving Up For...Twilight Princess
Old 02-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #28
Ace

Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
i understand your concern. we've actually had 2 previous referral contests where there were 10 winning spots, but with smaller prize money for each spot. as mentioned earlier this time around we're changing things up - less spots but higher prize money. also keep in mind this isn't the last referral contest either... we'll definitely mix things up more in the future

referrals is a funny thing. you'd think it'd be easier in the beginning, but consider this. when rewards1 first started out no one knew about it and if you tried to refer someone they'd think its a scam because there's nothing backing you up. the forums only came around in late november - there was no testimonials forums in the beginning.

now if you refer someone there's r1 forums, youtube, answers.yahoo.com, google, etc. all providing backup testimonial support.

speaking of youtube, there are many, MANY other avenues to market - youtube is not the only one. having said that, there is still a lot of other opportunity for youtube. You need to think outside the box a little.. if you follow what other people have already done, chances are you won't be as successful - especially if a LOT of other people have already done it.

i'm gonna write up some of my thoughts on referrals... soon. i just need to find the time
Make sure you PM that list to me and post on the forums after the contest. :D
|Offers Completed........39
|Offer Earnings........44.80
|Number of Referrals.....104
|Referral Earnings....42.06
|Lifetime Earnings....86.86
|Saving Up For...Twilight Princess
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #29
GTABlueKid

GTABlueKid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdvu2k View Post
I have spent no money on advertising on Rewards1 or anywhere else whatsoever. That would ruin the meaning of FREE stuff on R1.
I dont understand....if you know all the secrets why not help people?

Not to sound like a ass or anything but you have like $400, while others are struggling to get $10...
Old 02-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #30
knucklessonic8

knucklessonic8 is on a distinguished road

GL to all! :o