ads here
       

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > General > General Discussion


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Ayotte
Elite Stoner
 
Ayotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,657
Ayotte will become famous soon enoughAyotte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ayotte
Default Anosmia.

Well 2 mondays ago i was longboarding (form of skateboarding) and as i was going down a hill and went to turm, i hit a patch of sand, slid offy board and hit the ground with the back of my head.. Now i dont remember that but thats what i was told.. All i remember was waking up in an ambulance, then once again in the hospital..after a ct scan, the doctor told me my skull was fractured, i had a concussion and there was small bleeding in my skull (but not my brain) so I spent a night in the hospital then went home the following day.. When i was home everything made me dizzy and nauseaous.. So i spent the day sleeping and puking.. The next day i went back to the hospital due to dehydration ( anything i ate or drank i would instantly vomit up) and got some IV and new medication. I returned home again and slept through most of the days for about a week. Eventually i was getting better but when i went to eat i wasnt able to taste anything... Its been almost 2 weeks now and ive noticed i cant smell either. The only smell is like burning or smoke..


All i know is that this sucks and as i found on google anosmia (loss of smell or taste) is pretty common with a hit to the back of the head. I go to the neurologist soon so im going to talk to him.. If my olfactory glands are still intact and not damaged, i think ill be sble to recover my lost senses..
Ayotte is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
D3
Elite
 
D3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: vai-te foder
Posts: 6,174
D3 has a spectacular aura aboutD3 has a spectacular aura aboutD3 has a spectacular aura about
Default

geez thats awful man, hope everything turns out well <3

but yeah i was expecting some kind of weed thread
__________________
What a shîtty place
D3 is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
Ayotte
Elite Stoner
 
Ayotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,657
Ayotte will become famous soon enoughAyotte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ayotte
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3 View Post
geez thats awful man, hope everything turns out well <3

but yeah i was expecting some kind of weed thread
Thanks.. And i wont be making one of those for a while.. Lol i havent smoked in a while either... Maybe it will help my taste.
Ayotte is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Billinator
Elite
 
Billinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan: The Land Of The Horrific Roadways
Posts: 5,550
Billinator has a spectacular aura aboutBillinator has a spectacular aura aboutBillinator has a spectacular aura about
Default

This is familiar to what happened to me last summer. July 10 I believe. I was drinking a lot of water one night and cleaning my room at the same time. I wasn't eating much and I was trying to clean out my system. But at the time I didn't know I was flushing out electrolites as well. When those levels got too low, I went down and smacked my head on the bed post. I woke up in an ambulance just like you, forehead all bloody and bruises under my eye. Everything pretty much healed up now. It still hurts to touch though.

I hope it all goes well and you recover. My scars healed up within a week.
Billinator is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
Ayotte
Elite Stoner
 
Ayotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,657
Ayotte will become famous soon enoughAyotte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ayotte
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodhin View Post
This is familiar to what happened to me last summer. July 10 I believe. I was drinking a lot of water one night and cleaning my room at the same time. I wasn't eating much and I was trying to clean out my system. But at the time I didn't know I was flushing out electrolites as well. When those levels got too low, I went down and smacked my head on the bed post. I woke up in an ambulance just like you, forehead all bloody and bruises under my eye. Everything pretty much healed up now. It still hurts to touch though.

I hope it all goes well and you recover. My scars healed up within a week.
Yeah it was pretty crazy, i was just skateboarding and next thing i was in an ambulance with blood all over my face.. Thinking what the hell happened... But apparently i was able to tell them where i lived, but didnt know what day it was.... Pretty scary stuff. Im pretty much fully recovered except for a few minor headaches and the smell taste thing.
Ayotte is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Bobbyloujo
Senior Member
 
Bobbyloujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 265
Bobbyloujo is on a distinguished road
Default

I've hit my head pretty bad snowboarding a few times. It hurts pretty bad. I wear a helmet when I board though so I haven't had any serious head injuries. Anyway, I hope you get your senses back. Then maybe you can do some real skateboarding. None of the mongo-pushing longboard crap :P
__________________
See my games and graphics HERE.
Points: 2.25
Cash: 0.54
Referrals: 15
Rewards: $35.76 in Amazon Gift Cards
Current Goal: ...
R1 Username: Bobbyloujo.
Bobbyloujo is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
Stay weiRd
Senior Member
 
Stay weiRd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Behind Pyros.
Posts: 2,565
Stay weiRd will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyloujo View Post
I've hit my head pretty bad snowboarding a few times. It hurts pretty bad. I wear a helmet when I board though so I haven't had any serious head injuries. Anyway, I hope you get your senses back. Then maybe you can do some real skateboarding. None of the mongo-pushing longboard crap :P
You don't need to push mongo on a longboard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay weiRd View Post
You could've made it interesting by showing your ass like Denis. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Galleio View Post
My ass isn't nearly as sexy.
Stay weiRd is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Ayotte
Elite Stoner
 
Ayotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,657
Ayotte will become famous soon enoughAyotte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ayotte
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay weiRd View Post
You don't need to push mongo on a longboard.
exactly.. ****ing apec nines and orangutang wheels.. all you do is coast.. i was going so damn fast i hit my head and bounced back up off the pavement.


oh and update on this thread..
taste is sorta back.. some **** just tastes bland... the sensory organ that was damaged could help me taste more complex tastes while the tongue is only basic.

so without the sensory bulb i only rely on my tongue for taste which only tastes sour sweet salty and bitter.

fucking smell just isnt there though.. i check on it daily, smelling coffee, pickles, deoderant, pepper, and all that ****... just nothing..
Ayotte is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
Ayotte
Elite Stoner
 
Ayotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,657
Ayotte will become famous soon enoughAyotte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ayotte
Default

final update on this... turns out this has been known to cause loss of appetite.. which has been happening to me..

paired with my A.D.D and slight insomia.. im almost sure to get a medical marijuana card.. awwwww yeahhh

/win
Ayotte is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
Stay weiRd
Senior Member
 
Stay weiRd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Behind Pyros.
Posts: 2,565
Stay weiRd will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotte View Post
final update on this... turns out this has been known to cause loss of appetite.. which has been happening to me..

paired with my A.D.D and slight insomia.. im almost sure to get a medical marijuana card.. awwwww yeahhh

/win
lol You're legal now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay weiRd View Post
You could've made it interesting by showing your ass like Denis. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Galleio View Post
My ass isn't nearly as sexy.
Stay weiRd is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.