ads here

Go Back   Rewards1 Forums > Rewards1 > News, Announcements & Contests

Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Pyros
From the Ashes (R1 Staff)

Pyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of lightPyros is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Mid Autumn Banner Contest

MID AUTUMN BANNER CONTEST

1st Place: 50 Points - Optimous

2nd Place: 30 Points - gerarddunsten

3rd: Place: 20 Points - MikeMov89

People's Choice: 10 Points - Obama

~*~

Thank you everyone for participating in rewards1 first ever banner contest. I know it wasn't the best contest as there were many problems that come about from it. I would love to hear any suggestions you people have about the contest and on how we can make things better (in the suggestions forums please). I hope to see you guys again when we hold similar upcoming contests :D.

The people's choice award officially ended up with rebs taking first, obama and nuclear_spark taking 2nd. HOWEVER due to what seems like a conspiracy =/ ... so to speak... of users giving out votes for rebs as favours he did not place. While this may SEEM unfair it is a flaw in this contest that we have designed and I must stress that the whole point of voting was to vote for what YOU PEOPLE (the forums) think is the best banner. That said I will also make it very clear that this is NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST. If we have one of those by all means rebs can win that one all he wants. So in terms of a banner contest the people's choice was to be decided between nuclear_spark and obama_yo_mama in the only fair way possible. *flips coin* ANNNDD there we have it! Obama wins. You got lucky ;D

Users will have their points boosted by the end of the weekend so hold on tight. I will also disclose entries that almost won the contest so that you guys can talk about it amongst yourselves hehe.

Oh btw... this thread is now unlocked. Feel free to discuss the results among yourselves. And please ^^ no flame more fame!

Pyros

~*~

Design a Banner for REWARDS1
THE ULTIMATE CHAMPIONSHIP - THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Welcome to rewards1 first banner contest. This is where you people can design something to represent rewards1, in obviously, a form of a banner (isn't this fun? ).

Example banners can be found on the main site when you log on under the "referral banners" link. Banners will be judged on creativity, style, and effectiveness. Of course banners must follow the restrictions of standard banners, 468x60px, gif or jpg format.

HOW TO ENTER:

TO ENTER THE BANNER CONTEST YOU MUST POST AN IMAGE (YOUR BANNER) IN THIS THREAD FOLLOWING THE SPECIFIED FORMAT. YOU MAY POST AT MOST ONCE IN THE ENTIRE THREAD WITH YOUR SINGLE POST AS THE BANNER ITSELF. YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR ENTRY AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE UNTIL THE CUT OFF DATE, AT WHICH TIME THE THREAD WILL BE LOCKED. DISCUSSION SHOULD BE KEPT IN THE COMMUNITY DISCUSSION UNDER APPROPRIATE THREADS.

THE FOLLOWING FORMAT IS TO ENTER THE CONTEST:

Format (Contest Submission, THIS THREAD):
[REWARDS1 USER ID AKA: REFFERAL ID] - (Found when you try to edit your user details in the rewards1 site)
[POSTED IMAGE] - (standard dimensions: 468x60, gifs or jpgs only, must include rewards1.com in the banner)
[ANY COMMENTS] - (optional: comment must be about your own banner)

TO VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE YOU MUST POST IN THE PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD BANNER THREAD (WILL BE STICKIED ON OCTOBER 4th 2008) UNDER THE SPECIFIED FORMAT. YOU MAY ONLY POST ONCE AND YOUR VOTE WILL BE TALLIED ON OCTOBER 10th. YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE BEFORE THE CUT OFF DATE, AT WHICH TIME THE THREAD WILL BE LOCKED. ALL COMMENTS AND DISCUSSION SHOULD BE KEPT IN THE COMMUNITY DISCUSSION UNDER THE APPROPRIATE THREADS.

THE FOLLOWING FORMAT IS TO VOTE:

Format (People's choice vote, thread will be put up on the October 4th, 2008)
[POST NUMBER]
[LINK TO POST]
[NAME OF ENTRANT]

Disclaimer:

Contest starts today, September 15th, 2008 and ends on October 4th, 2008. All points will be distributed after the finalized votes for the people's choice awards come in and the announcements are made. Voting for the peoples choice awards will start on October 4th, 2008 and will end on October 10th, 2008. Voting will take place within a stickied thread which will be posted on the 4th. Contest entries must be in the form of a single post and is limited to one per rewards1 account. Votes are limited to one per person. All votes and entries must be placed in their respective threads in order to qualify. All banners will become the property of rewards1 and may be subject to use. Please read the rules for further clarification/information.

Winners will be announced and points distributed on Saturday, October 11th, 2008.

Rules:
1) Each person can only submit one entry (one reentry allowed if you are dissastified with your current entry, further attempts at reentry will result in disqualification)
2) All entries must be recieved by October 4th, 2008. 11:59:59 PM PST.
3) All entrants must have both a valid REWARDS1 Account and a REWARDS1 Forum account.
4) Any users banned during the contest time is disqualified from the contest. CHECKS WILL BE DONE DAILY.
5) Entries may not exhibit any racist, sexist, rude, illegal, or adult content. Users will be disqaulified and may recieve infractions or bans as a result.
6) Entries must be posted in the stickied contest thread before the end date in order to qualify.
7) Comments must be kept within the community discussion in the relevant threads. Only entries are to be place in the stickied contest thread in News and Announcements.
8) The banner must include rewards1 somewhere and must be 468x60 pixels using a gif or jpg format.
9) All banners must be your own property before submission.

People's Choice Award (to vote):
1) All votes for the people's choice will be tallied on October 10, 2008, 11:59:59 PM PST. All votes will be finalized, thread closed, and not subject to change on that date.
2) Each person may only vote once for the people's choice award (spam and multiple accounts will be dealth with accordingly)
3) In the event of a tie in the people's choice award. The admins will decide the overall winner.
4) Any users banned during the contest/voting time may not vote.
5) Votes may not exhibit any racist, sexist, rude, illegal, or adult content. Users will be disqaulified and may recieve infractions or bans as a result.
6) Comments must be kept within the community discussion in the relevant threads. Only entries are to be place in the stickied contest thread in News and Announcements.
7) Votes must be posted in the stickied people's choice thread before the end date in order to be counted..
Old 09-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Yasri2007

Yasri2007 is on a distinguished road
Talking

user id=156793

Last edited by Yasri2007; 09-15-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
Kebuni

Kebuni is on a distinguished road

I guess i'll give it the ol' college try. :]

1st Change, this is my final one.

User ID: 352292

Last edited by Kebuni; 09-19-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
NOCReaper

HERE IS MY ENTRY!! Ref #103442 (its so high becuase my account got deleted(Would be 77040))

Reserved, Ill still mess around with it or make a new one.

Last edited by NOCReaper; 10-03-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
Dark Tails
Elite

Dark Tails has a spectacular aura aboutDark Tails has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dark Tails Send a message via MSN to Dark Tails

it sucks but its photoshop

My Id is 131920

my new one

Old 09-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Teddybear
Sexy Moderator

Teddybear is just really niceTeddybear is just really niceTeddybear is just really niceTeddybear is just really nice

[REWARDS1 USER ID] - 47416

Made in paint :P

Last edited by Teddybear; 09-28-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
su09er2

su09er2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hi

My User ID is 170703
Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #8
obama bangs yo mama
Banned

obama bangs yo mama will become famous soon enough

heres mine
EDIT NEW ENTRY!!

heres my user id

[[id=235830]]

Last edited by obama bangs yo mama; 09-18-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot user id
Old 09-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
Lazarus65

Lazarus65 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lazarus65 Send a message via MSN to Lazarus65 Send a message via Yahoo to Lazarus65

User ID: 337126

Hopefully the FINAL remake. ;]

Last edited by Lazarus65; 09-17-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
Optimous

Optimous is on a distinguished road

**UPDATED #4**

Here is my entry:
I think this is my user ID i think: 66743

Last edited by Optimous; 09-18-2008 at 08:15 AM.