PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Ring Of Death

Viz
07-18-2008, 02:50 PM
:mad:Hey My Xbox 360 Had The Ring Of Death And Then It Froze Up And When I Turn It On Nuthing Comes Up What Should I Do:mad:

parth3
07-18-2008, 02:55 PM
contact microsoft:smile:smile

InFamous805
07-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I've had my xbox since launch and it's never happened to me :smile

Viz
07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
contact microsoft:smile:smile

idid i sent it off

Jrutherford
07-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Just wait until August 1st and get the 60 gig Xbox 360. Microsoft claims that it is "RROD" proof. They claim that they have fixed a lot the components and switched some things around on the motherboard, but i'll believe it when I see it though...

Viz
07-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Just wait until August 1st and get the 60 gig Xbox 360. Microsoft claims that it is "RROD" proof. They claim that they have fixed a lot the components and switched some things around on the motherboard, but i'll believe it when I see it though...

man I Already Shipped it off

LittlePete1
07-19-2008, 01:19 AM
'Microsoft claims that it is "RROD" proof.'

Link? I'm sure MicroSoft would never put out a statement like that knowing how crap most of their hardware is...

HeLiX
07-19-2008, 01:59 AM
mine did that in april.Was playing RSV2 and was at end of mission =[

spongebob
07-19-2008, 05:24 AM
get a ps3 :banana

Viz
07-19-2008, 06:17 AM
get a ps3 :banana

ps3 sux:lol

hightower
07-19-2008, 06:25 AM
ps3 sux:lol

Do you own one? What makes it 'suck' then?

InFamous805
07-19-2008, 06:46 AM

I own one :banana the only thing I dont like are the games (i'll get into them this fall) and the online, I know you didn't ask me but im just giving an opinion.

hightower
07-19-2008, 07:48 AM
I own one :banana the only thing I dont like are the games (i'll get into them this fall) and the online, I know you didn't ask me but im just giving an opinion.

Fair play, there's no denying that there are some epic exclusives coming to ps3 though is there?

InFamous805
07-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Fair play, there's no denying that there are some epic exclusives coming to ps3 though is there?

yeah, i've played Uncharted, Ratchet and Resistance on my brother's account. Oh and MGS 4 but I couldn't get into the other ones (like Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Lair and Haze) The games im looking foward to overall:

Xbox 360:
Gears of War 2
Halo Wars
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead
Banjo Kazooie
South Park (XBLA)
Geometry Wars Evolved 2 (XBLA)
Goldeneye (XBLA, trust me its coming)
Duke Nukem 3D (XBLA, rumor but I heard its happening)
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell: Conviction (supposed to be exclusive but im not sure)
Too Human
Fallout 3 (getting exclusive downloadable content)

PS3:
DC Universe Online ( The Joker!! )
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
God of War 3
MAG (the lag scares me :crap)
Motorstorm 2
The Agency
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

I know there are alot more but these are the ones that interest me the most for both consoles

Viz
07-19-2008, 08:05 AM

My Brother Has 1 And It Sux

roblanownz
07-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Well i heard lots of ppl still have errors even when the 360 is "fixed" by MS, but that is the ONLY thing you should do, send it to MS. Look at the box or look online for Xbox 360 tech support number.
They will ship you a box for your 360 and then you put it in and mail it to them. When they fix it they will ship it back. Thats all.

There are some tricks like this towel one where you turn on the sys and wrap it in layers of towls....But that will likely melt some adhesives that might be holding something important.
And if it were to fall off -_-
There are tons more tricks but i am warning you, dont do any of them.
They are likely to void warranty!

Was the system in an open area (not near clothes, walls, etc?) Was it near a dusty area? Was the room hot? Did you ever move the system when it was on? Did you play for long hours?
These things can easily cause the ROD
b careful after you get it back from MS, so it wont happen again.

And 360 owns Ps3 because they have will have much more games, and of course they have the best online play.
Maybe 2 generations down Ps3's online will catch up to Xbox's.

I like that Ps3 is bluetooth, and has a 6axis controller.
And the tons of usp ports :)
I choose 360 over it because of the games, online play, and i can trade games with my friends who have it.

Viz
07-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Well i heard lots of pl still have erros sending it to MS, but that is the ONLY thing you should do. Look at the box or look online for Xbox 360 tech support number.
They will ship you a boox for your 360 and then you put it in and mail it to them. When they fix it they will ship it back. Thats all.

There are some tricks like this towel one where you turn on the sys and wrap it in layers of towls....But that will likely melt some adhesives that might be holding something important.
And if it were to fall off -_-

There are tons more tricks but i am warning you, dont do any of them.
They void warrenty!

Was the system in an open area (not near clothes, walls, etc?) Was it near a dusty area? Was the room hot? Did you ever move the system when it was on? Did you play for long hours?
These things can easily cause the ROD
b careful after you get it back from MS, so it wont happen again.

it Happened before and i had to send it off but this time wwen i tried to cut it on the green light came on and nuthin came up on the screen and it gave me the rod:mad:

SAULiO91
07-19-2008, 08:40 AM
it Happened before and i had to send it off but this time wwen i tried to cut it on the green light came on and nuthin came up on the screen and it gave me the rod:mad:

send it off again then - or take it back to the store you got it from

Viz
07-19-2008, 08:42 AM
send it off again then - or take it back to the store you got it from

I Did It got There Yesterday Im Waiting For Them To SEND IT BACK :banana

SAULiO91
07-19-2008, 10:56 AM
I Did It got There Yesterday Im Waiting For Them To SEND IT BACK :banana

oh!
well i dont know for sure how long it will take to come back - i suppose it depends on what was wrong with it...

One of my friends sent his off and it was there for a month
My other mate sent his 360 off a couple of days later and got his back in two days

so - yeah... dont worry about it

Viz
07-19-2008, 03:12 PM
oh!
well i dont know for sure how long it will take to come back - i suppose it depends on what was wrong with it...

One of my friends sent his off and it was there for a month
My other mate sent his 360 off a couple of days later and got his back in two days

so - yeah... dont worry about it

Yeah They Siad 5-10 days when i sent it off but i hope no a month

SAULiO91
07-19-2008, 03:17 PM
well, who knows!?

good of them to replace them for free tho'...

Cookies
07-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Get a ps3, they are 10x better.

Dark Tails
07-19-2008, 04:10 PM
the ps3 are good cuz they dont have as many errors as the 360 but the only games that intrested me for it were haze mgs4 and the ratchet and clank game so i never got 1 but ive played it b4 at my friends house and its prety good just not much games for it yet that 360 doesnt have that intrest me

Viz
07-19-2008, 04:13 PM

No They Are No 10x Worser

phreak22
07-20-2008, 04:54 AM
Actually microsoft extended the warranty on the RROD because the elite processors are immune to it and they just put that in the pro, economicly smarter in the long run for them

Viz
07-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Actually microsoft extended the warranty on the RROD because the elite processors are immune to it and they just put that in the pro, economicly smarter in the long run for them

OK........ :help

JS92
07-20-2008, 06:11 AM

No they are not! Thats just your opinion, yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but when they are opinions like that! Then you should not be allowed to share your opinion!

Viz
07-20-2008, 07:06 AM
No they are not! Thats just your opinion, yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but when they are opinions like that! Then you should not be allowed to share your opinion!

ThankYou.....:p

Jake
07-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Lol go with ps3, more advanced technology!

InFamous805
07-20-2008, 07:45 AM
get a ps3 for movies and technology
get a xbox 360 to actually play some games

roblanownz
07-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah, my friend had one b4 that kept getting RROD. Sent it to MS once and then go it back then got RROD again.
Then sent it back to MS and got it back and still got RROD.

So finally he did one of those tricks to temporaily get rid of the RROD, even though it might void warrenty, and went on cragslist.org and sold his 360.

While it didnt have the RROD, highly likely that the buyer would get the RROD.

MY advice, NEVER buy a used 360. Unless its someone u trust selling it

wrighty
07-20-2008, 02:15 PM
when mine done this i put it in the fridge with a towl for 2 hours then it worked:D