PDA

View Full Version : 256 players online?

GZ47Q
07-17-2008, 05:55 AM
256 players online on MAG, for the PS3, for free? Yes please.

HeLiX
07-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Lag?Yes please.

pandorasbox
07-17-2008, 07:28 AM
This isn't the first time something has been promised like this, and then never delivered. MAG reminds me an awful lot of the game "HUXLEY" which was going to come out for PC and Xbox360, but nobody has heard from the game for years. If this game ever does come out, i expect it to be bumped down significantly to a realistic number. 256 players is a little much. Several games(fuels of war, resistance) have done over 50..but there is always tons of lag, and it just makes the games feel like a pass.

RenegadeSniper7
07-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Lag?Yes please.

Pretty much.

clach181
07-17-2008, 09:32 AM
All i gotta say is:

"Good luck for those who still have dial-up" :banana

JS92
07-17-2008, 09:59 AM
101 that will be soooo laggy...cus some people are saying, and even when they unvailed it...they said it will be pushing the PS3...oh how I 101'3|), its gonna be pushing them Windows '95 Servers that they got for free!!!

lbrooks
07-17-2008, 10:02 AM
lagging sucks

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 05:20 AM
I'm playing Resistance and there's no lag even with 40 players.

And, I'm on a slow Internet connection. The speed is something like 250kbps.

I forgot the 1st title had maximum of 40. Still, I see no lag in it even with a slow connection.

hightower
07-18-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm playing Resistance and there's no lag even with 60 players.

And, I'm on a slow Internet connection. The speed is something like 250kbps.

Precisely everybody slags off the PS3's online capabilities, i've had no problem with it. The only real difference (now they have given PSN a huge upgrade) is the amount of players, but that's just because the 30 has been out longer, and it's a cheap (unreliable)console.

JS92
07-18-2008, 05:42 AM
Hey um, the PS3's update are terrible...you have to admit...A simple update takes like 2 hours!!! Ive been on a friends and we couldnt play until he updated it...and we were like ok...so we sat there and then 1% 8-D then 10 miniutes later....3%!!! Haha WTF?

hightower
07-18-2008, 05:44 AM
Hey um, the PS3's update are terrible...you have to admit...A simple update takes like 2 hours!!! Ive been on a friends and we couldnt play until he updated it...and we were like ok...so we sat there and then 1% 8-D then 10 miniutes later....3%!!! Haha WTF?

Then he has a terrible connection, takes me under 10 minutes to download a 1.5Gb demo, any update for me is done within 4 minutes.....

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Xbots are just finding ways to justify paying for their online services.

And, I don't hate the Xbox 360. If I had the money, I'd buy one.

I've also noticed that PS3 fanboys/girls are much more quiet than Xbots.

I've also heard many persons here in this forum complaining about the dualshock controller. Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And, I can update my PS3's firmware in just 5 minutes. And, like what I said before, I'm on a slow connection.

Tip: Next time, try downloading it on your computer then transfer the update to a USB. And, if you're updating from a disk it will not take you more than 5 minutes.

JS92
07-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Xbots are just finding ways to justify paying for their online services.

And, I don't hate the Xbox 360. If I had the money, I'd buy one.

I've also noticed that PS3 fanboys/girls are much more quiet than Xbots.

I've also heard many persons here in this forum complaining about the dualshock controller. Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And, I can update my PS3's firmware in just 5 minutes. And, like what I said before, I'm on a slow connection.

Tip: Next time, try downloading it on your computer then transfer the update to a USB. And, if you're updating from a disk it will not take you more than 5 minutes.

He had the fastest internet connection possible...also...our updates take only 10 seconds!!!

hightower
07-18-2008, 05:59 AM
He had the fastest internet connection possible...also...our updates take only 10 seconds!!!

I have no problem waiting like 3 or 4 minutes.......it makes no difference to me. End of the day i went for the ps3 as it's a more reliable console and (in my opinion) has better exclusives already out and on their way.

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 06:19 AM
So, you can spend a whole day playing games but can't stand 5 minutes of installation/firmware upgrade? You're pathetic.

Yes, 360 updates might be very fast, but, they don't do much to the system unlike sony's PS3. With the help of firmware upgrades, sony has been able to: fend off pirates from their system, add PS1/2 games upscaling, DVD upscaling, trophies and in-game chat.

JS92
07-18-2008, 06:30 AM
has better exclusives already out and on their way.

Makes me laugh because half of your exclusives get ported to the 360 by the developers!!!

InFamous805
07-18-2008, 06:31 AM
So, you can spend a whole day playing games but can't stand 5 minutes of installation/firmware upgrade? You're pathetic.

Yes, 360 updates might be very fast, but, they don't do much to the system unlike sony's PS3. With the help of firmware upgrades, sony has been able to: fend off pirates from their system, add PS1/2 games upscaling, DVD upscaling, trophies and in-game chat.

we've had in-game chat and achievements. And now we could play basically any old Xbox game. So the new update really isn't anything new to Xbox 360

JS92
07-18-2008, 06:43 AM
we've had in-game chat and achievements. And now we could play basically any old Xbox game. So the new update really isn't anything new to Xbox 360
101 Dont you think that the PS3 is just a copy cat console?

Example:

1) "Trophies" hmm Sounds similar to Achievements
2) XMB, Basically when we XBOX users press the Guide button and the dashboard appears...thats like what they are having!!!
3) They threw in motion sensor after the Wii was announced!

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 06:44 AM
I've only known 3 games which were supposed to be exclusive that were made multiplatform.

DMC 4
GTA 4
FF XIII

So...how does that become half of our exclusives? It's not even a quarter.

InFamous805
07-18-2008, 06:45 AM

Example:

2) XMB, Basically when we XBOX users press the Guide button and the dashboard appears...thats like what they are having!!!

there basically just following in our footsteps

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 06:53 AM

Example:

Isn't the Xbox supposed to be the copycat console?

Example:
1.) The new avatar system *coughmiiscough*
2.) The new thingy that they announced. The one where you can meet other players in a Sim like game *coughHomecouch*

yes, the PS3 might have copied some ideas from the Xbox 360 but, they did that to please their fans not to mimic the 360.

In-game XMB was the most wanted feature PS3 owners want in their PS3s. What did Sony do? They added that feature to their next firmware update.

PS3 owners wanted to brag about their accomplishments. They wanted something like achievements. What did Sony do? They included trophies in their next firmware update. They even improved on the achivement feature of the Xbox 360. With achievements, you see nothing but a bunch of numbers but, with the trophy system, they even added a Levelling up system and made your achievements visible through the form of trophies.

Some PS3 owners bricked their PS3s with the latest pdate. What did Sony do? They did not let more PS3 systems get bricked. They immediately removed the firmware update and after a few days released the improved/fixed firmware.

Note: Bricking is not really a big problem unless you don't backup your game saves because, you can easily unbrick your PS3 just by reformatting the hard drive.

And, I almost forgot, the motion sensing capabilities is much more limited than that of the wiimote's. It's motion sensing capabilities are simply tilt controls.

JS92
07-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Isn't the Xbox supposed to be the copycat console?

Example:
1.) The new avatar system *coughmiiscough* WTF we have a simple avatar system
2.) The new thingy that they announced. The one where you can meet other players in a Sim like game *coughHomegouch* Havent seen that, i will look it up now and read about it :) Doubt it will be any good though

And, I almost forgot, the motion sensing capabilities is much more limited than that of the wiimote's. It's motion sensing capabilities are simply tilt controls. Because they didnt have time to improve it cus they saw the Wii and were like 0.o lets stick that in :)....NO!!! FAILURE

Urrgh cus I wrote IN the quote it has a character limit >:(

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 07:16 AM
They introduced that new avatar thingy where you can dress up this HD mii and chage his looks and whatever.

And, I couldn't imagine playing games with a dualshock/sixaxis that had full fledged motion control capabilities.

Playing that golf game for the ps3 by swinging the dualshock/sixaxis hmm...

HAHAHAH

Bryo4321
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Now guys you all will agree. You get the console that has the games you want. I want halo, i get halo with my 360 and gears, and others like that.. PS 3 gets MGS 4, and i cant think of anything else,, oh resistance, and some other stuff.

Ultimatesnake
07-18-2008, 09:33 AM
u xboxers always tried picking on the ps3 about how it didnt have trophys and ingame chatting, well now u guys hate the fact that we have it now? whats up with that?

gin
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM

Example:

PSP had it first.

runeblade265
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
This isn't the first time something has been promised like this, and then never delivered. MAG reminds me an awful lot of the game "HUXLEY" which was going to come out for PC and Xbox360, but nobody has heard from the game for years. If this game ever does come out, i expect it to be bumped down significantly to a realistic number. 256 players is a little much. Several games(fuels of war, resistance) have done over 50..but there is always tons of lag, and it just makes the games feel like a pass.

Huxley is in beta right now in korea. Also the reason it takes so long for huxley to come out is because the company is like working on 7 games at once. i think i saw somethin about a 2009 release though.

JS92
07-18-2008, 02:37 PM
PSP had it first.

Not a guide button it didnt!!!

InFamous805
07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
PSP had it first.

you could check the time by clicking home and quit the game but you cant listned to music or look throught the xmb while your in game on the psp

Ultimatesnake
07-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Not a guide button it didnt!!!

he meant the xmb..