PDA

View Full Version : Why should I get a PS3 and not a 360?

johnnyzxz
07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
My friend has been trying to convince me like crazy... he says the PS3 is better, the inside is better, and Xbox 360 gets "The ring of death"

Everywhere I go, everyone has an Xbox. Everyone in this forum does.

So, he's convinced me, but then, why does everyone have a 360?
I don't know what to do.

Edit: I like pie.

FerNzGFX
07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
You shouldnt. 360 owns!

Dark Tails
07-14-2008, 06:27 PM
id get a 360 cuz halo and gears(1+2) are on it and the only good game(at the moment) for ps3 is mgs4(which i was told in a site it may go to 360)

valpacino37
07-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Ps3! Metal gear solid 4!

Dark Tails
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
ya i might get a ps3 just for mgs4 and ratchet and clank (when it comes out)

johnnyzxz
07-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I understand 360 has more games, but it says everywhere that if you want a console for today, get a 360, want a console for the future, get a PS3.

uhhhh idddkkk!

SAULiO91
07-14-2008, 07:44 PM
you should get a ps3 for these reasons:

swat63
07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
360 way better graphics if you have a tube tv or are broadcasting in 420p. PS3 still hasnt immpressed me except if you have HDTV. Also the ps3 has more games for kids if you think about it. Plus the prices are totally different. The 360 you get more bang for your buck.

ItalianSoulja
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
you should get a ps3 for these reasons:

HaHa that makes me laugh!
But you should get a 360 with all the new announcements at E3! And FF13 is coming to the 360!

Snake
07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Honestly, I wanted a ps3 for MGS4. However, 360 is much much better. If I were to get a ps3, it would be for MGS4 and Killzone2. My opinion, get a 360, wait a while on the ps3. It has many flaws like the internet, even though its free, its crappy.

Bango
07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
id get a 360...better online play...and thats what makes games fun atleast to me and as far as red ring of deaths go...you rarely get them anymore..unless you had one of the original systems that came out

Eric Sherman
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Xbox 360 has way superior online play. Why would you buy a PS3? You wouldn't really have any ability to play online with your friend? Their online is terrible...

Gears of War
Halo
Call of Duty (live)
Shadowrun
Madden (live)
Guitar Hero/Rockband (live) and downloadable content

The 360 is also going to be compatible with netflix if you have netflix you can get frees movies whenever you want.

Oh and here's another good reason. I have a 360.

Notidontknow
07-14-2008, 10:15 PM
360 all the way

Cookies
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
ps3 online play is free xbox is a cheap rip off, xbox is the worst ever system, everyone shutup because ps3 owns.

SAULiO91
07-14-2008, 11:51 PM
But you should get a 360 with all the new announcements at E3! And FF13 is coming to the 360!

deffo - FFXIII will be ace!

hightower
07-15-2008, 12:19 AM
My friend has been trying to convince me like crazy... he says the PS3 is better, the inside is better, and Xbox 360 gets "The ring of death"

I don't know what to do.

Join me in the revolution! PS3 is the way to go! I'd say the games coming out ths year and next will beat 360 hands down....sure they've got GoW2 coming, but what else?

Ps3 has got coming:
killzone 2
gran turismo 5
Resistance FoM 2
final fantasy 13 (only for fanboys i guess)

There's 4 i rattled off in a matte rof seconds but there's so much more.

Plus, if you install linux on it, you have yourself a computer, and if you think the hard drive isnt big enough? buy a bigger one, you can get a 300Gb hard drive ps3 PC!

thrawn2112
07-15-2008, 12:21 AM
check out the microsoft press conference that happened yesterday, and then watch sony's conference in two days. then make your decision.

ravstar11
07-15-2008, 03:37 AM
If you thought that Nintendo had won the video game console war with the spectacular success of its Wii, you may need to think again.

Sony and Microsoft, with their PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles, have spent much of the past 12 months on the ropes, but are now coming out fighting. Ironically, by making gaming a legitimate entertainment activity for all the family, Nintendo may have done its competitors a good turn. Now that mum and dad are games players, too, the thinking goes, they're ready to appreciate the advantages of a technically superior console, such as the PS3 or 360.

Central to this new assault on our wallets is the idea that the next-generation games consoles are more than just toys: these are fully fledged media servers, capable of storing all your digital content, from home movies to music collections, digital photographs and downloads, and then playing them back to you on your TV. The games are now a bonus, not the core feature.

“The PS3 is the best designed and prepared for the digital networked future,” says Sony spokesman Jonathan Fargher.

“The product we launched three years ago is a different product today,” says Neil Thompson, Microsoft's Senior Regional Director for Northern Europe.

Who's right, and can their machines make your life better?

SONY PLAYSTATION 3

The basics

There is now only one version of the PS3 on sale in the UK. It costs around £300, contains a 40GB hard drive and can connect with or without wires to the internet. The machine has USB ports for connecting external devices such as cameras, MP3 players and hard drives.

What it does

In addition to playing PS3 games titles, the PS3 plays high-definition Blu-ray discs, as well as standard DVDs and CDs. It can play digitally stored films, music and photos, and can access these from other computers on the network. The PS3 has wireless connectivity built in, so it can connect to a wireless broadband network without additional purchases. Sony operates an online store, which is currently undergoing a major revamp. At the time of writing, its offerings are largely restricted to games.

The PS3 is the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market, and with Blu-ray having now beaten HD-DVD in the battle of the next-generation DVD formats, this capability looks like less of a potential white elephant. Sony allows more technically minded users to install a different operating system on top of the PS3's built-in system, a special version of Linux, which would effectively turn your PS3 into a PC.

The machine is also designed to integrate with Sony's handheld games console, the PSP. One particularly impressive feature is Remote Play, which allows PSP owners to access and control their PS3s from anywhere in the world via the internet.

What it will do

Sony has a crucial advantage over Microsoft in the content stakes: it is also one of the world's biggest entertainment companies. According to Fargher, the company is looking at ways to expand its store offering to include downloadable content from the likes of Sony Pictures and Sony Music. The company has also struck a deal with Sky to provide programmes for the PSP.

Later this year, the company will launch a new product called PlayTV, a digital TV tuner for the PS3. This will plug into a PS3 USB port and enable owners to watch all free to air UK TV channels and record programmes to PS3's hard drive. This will make is possible for anyone with a PSP to watch a programme in their UK homes via the internet, even if they are in Hong Kong.

XBOX 360

The basics

Microsoft's machine can be purchased in three versions, the cheapest of which (£160) comes with no hard drive. For storage of digital files, you will need either the 20GB or 120GB versions of the console (£200 or £260). The hard drives are also sold separately. All machines have USB ports to enable the connection of external devices such as cameras and MP3 players. All machines can be connected to the internet using standard ethernet cables. A wireless internet adapter is available for an additional £55.

What it does

In addition to playing Xbox 360 games, the 360 functions like any normal DVD player, and can play DVDs and CDs. When connected to the internet, it can be used to download and playback free and paid-for content, including trailers and sample games. Microsoft currently has a deal with the American film studios Warner and Paramount, and a small library of their films is available for paid download, some in high-definition. These films are supplied on a rental basis, and pricing is comparable with renting a DVD. The downloaded film remains on your console's hard drive for seven days. Once you start watching, you have 24 hours to complete viewing.

In terms of multimedia content, the Xbox 360 can read the same photo and music files as your home computer (like the PS3, it cannot read tracks bought from iTunes). “The integration between how you store and manage your content is important. In future people will want their content accessed on any device. This is the nirvana of the technology industry,” says Thompson.

What it will do

As more of us embrace a digital lifestyle, the Xbox 360 will keep pace, says Thompson. “With broadband speeds increasing exponentially over the coming 12, 24 or 36 months we will be looking to increase our offerings. Already, the number of users of our download services have exceeded all expectations and we expect that number to continue to grow.” Expect more film studios to hop on board soon, and possibly a television broadcaster or two - Thompson admits that discussions with the BBC have begun, but is cagey about long-term plans.

The first step is to ensure that you're informed of the options. By moving the battleground into the living room, Sony and Microsoft are putting themselves in direct competition with a host of rival products. Good old BT, for instance, has its Home Hub, which offers TV on demand and downloadable content, while Apple has its Apple TV, and Archos has a similar product called TV+.

The advantage that the games consoles offer is that they are often cheaper and easier to operate. If you are a technophobe, a games console is almost certainly a better choice because they were designed with the very young in mind.

I have set up both the PS3 and Xbox 360 to play music and video, wirelessly through my broadband connection, and in both cases it took seconds. Both machines play back files flawlessly, although limits on speed can mean that video occasionally stutters on both systems.

Microsoft has a reputation for not liking to play ball with its rivals but I was surprised by how well the Xbox 360 dealt with a host of file formats, including video downloaded from the internet. On this, and with external hard drives, the PS3 sometimes struggles.

On balance, for playing games and downloading and streaming content right now, I would buy an Xbox 360, plus a wireless internet adapter. However, if games didn't matter, and I wanted a Blu-ray player capable of instant wi-fi connection but whose full capabilities may not come into play for another year, then there's no contest. It has to be a PS3.

l3viticus
07-15-2008, 04:23 AM
GET 360!!!!:mad:

Snake
07-15-2008, 04:23 AM
Amazing Essay ^^^ :P

hightower
07-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Amazing Essay ^^^ :P

Don't be so amazed, it was all copy and paste!

Link:

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/gadgets_and_gaming/article3661402.ece

johnnyzxz
07-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Yea but I'm very worried about red ring... My friend keeps on saying it'll happen... I rather just get a PS3..

Have any of you gotten red ring?

idk now I all of a sudden want to get a PS3, I was always in for the 360.

And now they lowered the 360! I'm so confuseddd!
And also, all my friends have the PS3 that's why they want me to get it.

ahhhhhh

hightower
07-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Yea but I'm very worried about red ring... My friend keeps on saying it'll happen... I rather just get a PS3..

ahhhhhh

Get a ps3, sure it's a bit more expensive but you're paying the money for a more reliable console which will flourish over the next year!

UnoriginalErin
07-15-2008, 08:01 AM
I've had my Xbox360 for about 2 years now and I've yet to get the infamous "Red ring of death."

In my mind, PS3 is just not worth it. All the good games are Xbox360 anyway and the only one that isn't (MGS4) I can guarantee will be ported to 360 within the next year and a half. XBL and the Marketplace are better than PS3's attempt and, sure, you're not getting Blu-Ray, but do you have an HD-TV anyway?

InFamous805
07-15-2008, 08:37 AM

ahhhhhh

the new 360 are less likely to get the red rings of death. and the PS3 isnt going to good right now. I mean sure there getting Resistance 2 but they just lost FFXIII which was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive. Here are the reasons to get a 360 in my opinion:

Better Games
More Games
More Exclusives
Better Online (even though you have to pay, that's how good it is)
More Exclusives
Better User Interface
prepaid point cards (sony doesn't have them yet)
and yeah, wayyyyyyyyyyy more good games

hightower
07-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Reasons why the previous post isn't valid.

Better Games - All that stands out is GoW....halo is crassly overated.

More Games - Due to the fact it's been out longer.

More Exclusives - Again, out longer but there's soooo many amazing exclusives coming to ps3 this year

Better Online (even though you have to pay, that's how good it is) - PS3 has upgraded it's servers and network drastically, all that xbox has above it now is more players (again because it's been out longer).

More Exclusives- Said that twice?

Better User Interface - I'd strongly disagree, but this one's opinion.

prepaid point cards (sony doesn't have them yet) - This autumn playstation has them.

and yeah, wayyyyyyyyyyy more good games - Said that already....

PS3 is better for multimedia....bluray player and the ability to make it, effectively, a computer by installing linux.

Notidontknow
07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
If all your friends have PS3's, then maybe you should get one.
But about the RRoD, I've never gotten it and while many have, the Xbox comes with a three-year warranty from MS (though you do have to wait a while in the mail for it)

baseball1332
07-15-2008, 09:56 AM

ahhhhhh

You wont get the RRoD. The first xbox's were the ones that got them. The new ones will not get it.

hightower
07-15-2008, 09:59 AM
You wont get the RRoD. The first xbox's were the ones that got them. The new ones will not get it.

Wrong, the new ones can still get it, there's just a mildly lower chance, and the one that's out in august will have just a little less chance of getting it, all xbox's have a chance of getting it.....

baseball1332
07-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Wrong, the new ones can still get it, there's just a mildly lower chance, and the one that's out in august will have just a little less chance of getting it, all xbox's have a chance of getting it.....

Yeah. The chance of getting them is very low.
A PS3 would be a waste of space in your house...

xpvtl4g
07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
PS3 FTW!!!

iv had a 360, i got the rrod, traded it for ps3, and iv been satisfied since.

bigger hard drive, more space.
better games, RFoM2, 1, KZ1,<<ps2, KZ2, Heavenly Sword, little big planet, mgs4, and im surprised nobody has mentioned this...

HOME PEOPLE!!!!

EDIT:: not to mention, free online, linux, internet browser, and its more challenging, i play ps3 on cod4 all the time, since i have it, and my best kill streak is 22... i went my first match hc tdm on 360 lsat night with my friend, he brought his over... ks of 36... 360 blows, too many trash talking 6 year olds or 40 year olds... they all think there cool, then theres gaylo and queers of war which in my opinion, gaylo 2 was the best, and gaylo3 completely ruined the gaylo series... so PS3 FTW MY FRIEND!!!

((where im getting at with the ks is 360 has to many noobs, and ps3 is for 371+3 64/\/\3R5

hightower
07-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah. The chance of getting them is very low.
A PS3 would be a waste of space in your house...

At lease it doesn't sound like it's about to take off! :smile

PS3 FTW!!!

iv had a 360, i got the rrod, traded it for ps3, and iv been satisfied since.

bigger hard drive, more space.
better games, RFoM2, 1, KZ1,<<ps2, KZ2, Heavenly Sword, little big planet, mgs4, and im surprised nobody has mentioned this...

HOME PEOPLE!!!!

EDIT:: not to mention, free online, linux, internet browser, and its more challenging, i play ps3 on cod4 all the time, since i have it, and my best kill streak is 22... i went my first match hc tdm on 360 lsat night with my friend, he brought his over... ks of 36... 360 blows, too many trash talking 6 year olds or 40 year olds... they all think there cool, then theres gaylo and queers of war which in my opinion, gaylo 2 was the best, and gaylo3 completely ruined the gaylo series... so PS3 FTW MY FRIEND!!!

Precisely and what does 360 have? oh yeah....halo and GoW...and GoW is the only good one.

xpvtl4g
07-15-2008, 10:11 AM
i dont even prefer gears of war a lot, i hardly play it, i would play xbox now for MAYBE splinter cell, the first ones, because those games are the best, im a proud owner of all 4 and beaten all 4 on hardest difficulty...

awilex
07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I am like most people i brought a xbox because it was 'cheap' and the ps3 wasnt out...After the first 5 months I got 3 rrod and had to call microsoft a countless number of times,when the ps3 came out i quickly switched and never been more happy.If you read the proper reviews all of them say ps3 is winning the war.Look at sales,upcoming exclusives...All 360 has now is GOW lets face it halo is just bad....I have to saw MGS4 Is truley the best game I have played in years since I used to have my ps1 and Red alert...lol...Ps3 has great online(it isnt laggy like xbox360)It has better networking (with home and already realsed trophy system.)Much better games.better value for money with ps3 you save £400 but with xbox you only save about £50..All of the internal parts of ps3 are better(graphics,Memory,Power)..The controlers are much lighter and have alot more range thanks to the latest blue tooth technoligy+no need for them old batteries..If you play metal gear solid 4 there are lots of hidden easter eggs showing that ps3 is superior...Half way through the game you get a message from otogon saying please insert disc 2..lol i was ****ting myself then he realised it is a blu ray dvd..TRUST ME Ps3 is alot better,If you have any brains you would choose ps3...

when you get ps3 my id is wilex94:thumbs

awilex
07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
sorry about spelling mistakes was typing fast lol

xpvtl4g
07-15-2008, 10:48 AM
I am like most people i brought a xbox because it was 'cheap' and the ps3 wasnt out...After the first 5 months I got 3 rrod and had to call microsoft a countless number of times,when the ps3 came out i quickly switched and never been more happy.If you read the proper reviews all of them say ps3 is winning the war.Look at sales,upcoming exclusives...All 360 has now is GOW lets face it halo is just bad....I have to saw MGS4 Is truley the best game I have played in years since I used to have my ps1 and Red alert...lol...Ps3 has great online(it isnt laggy like xbox360)It has better networking (with home and already realsed trophy system.)Much better games.better value for money with ps3 you save £400 but with xbox you only save about £50..All of the internal parts of ps3 are better(graphics,Memory,Power)..The controlers are much lighter and have alot more range thanks to the latest blue tooth technoligy+no need for them old batteries..If you play metal gear solid 4 there are lots of hidden easter eggs showing that ps3 is superior...Half way through the game you get a message from otogon saying please insert disc 2..lol i was ****ting myself then he realised it is a blu ray dvd..TRUST ME Ps3 is alot better,If you have any brains you would choose ps3...

when you get ps3 my id is wilex94:thumbs

thank you

i need 10 characters for this message

football12345
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Get a 360 but just don't let it overheat that's all. and you won't get the rrod

fergdizzle909055
07-15-2008, 11:01 AM
you shouldnt! did you just watch E3!!!

spongebob
07-15-2008, 11:01 AM
crap no ps3 > 360...... Theres so many comarison videos on youtube and the ps3 mostly comes out on top (but theyre often fanboys...). The ps3 hasn't been out aslong as the 360 and its still doing great yeh xbox has more games but theres alot of good ps3 exclusives out and more to come (RFOM2!!!!!!!!:banana). Not to mention homes coming out soon which looks awesome....

if u ever get a ps3 u can add me: YUR-GRANDMA

InFamous805
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Reasons why the previous post isn't valid.

Better Games - All that stands out is GoW....halo is crassly overated.

More Games - Due to the fact it's been out longer.

More Exclusives - Again, out longer but there's soooo many amazing exclusives coming to ps3 this year

Better Online (even though you have to pay, that's how good it is) - PS3 has upgraded it's servers and network drastically, all that xbox has above it now is more players (again because it's been out longer).

More Exclusives- Said that twice?

Better User Interface - I'd strongly disagree, but this one's opinion.

prepaid point cards (sony doesn't have them yet) - This autumn playstation has them.

and yeah, wayyyyyyyyyyy more good games - Said that already....

PS3 is better for multimedia....bluray player and the ability to make it, effectively, a computer by installing linux.

okay fanboy

RenegadeSniper7
07-15-2008, 12:35 PM
GET AN XBOX 360! We have everything PS3 has except for MGS... lol, they just gave us FFXIII!

RenegadeSniper7
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
At lease it doesn't sound like it's about to take off! :smile

Precisely and what does 360 have? oh yeah....halo and GoW...and GoW is the only good one.

Halo 3 (it's good for multi-player and machinima) Gears of War, GoW2, FFXIII (hahahahahahahaaaa), Call of Duty 4, CoD WaW, Unreal Tournament III, Command and Conquer, 12 million active online players...

InFamous805
07-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Halo 3 (it's good for multi-player and machinima) Gears of War, GoW2, FFXIII (hahahahahahahaaaa), Call of Duty 4, CoD WaW, Unreal Tournament III, Command and Conquer, 12 million active online players...

dont forget Left 4 Dead, Fable 2, Lips, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Star Ocean The Last Hope, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Too Human, and Halo Wars just to name a few exclusives. Oh and the best online community ever.

Yameen
07-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Haha and only nerdddyyy fags get ps3 seriously.

ravstar11
07-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Don't be so amazed, it was all copy and paste!

Link:

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/gadgets_and_gaming/article3661402.ece

Yep, i did not want to make it out as if that was me guys, just thought i would share a more professional review ;).

MBraga92
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
It has many flaws like the internet, even though its free, its crappy.
Please tell me how it is crappy? Correct me if im wrong but im SURE you dont have a PS3 so please tell me how its crappy? Did you hear it by rumor? Because theres nothing wrong with the internet. Justbecause you dont pay money for it, doesnt mean its crappy.. :rolleyes:

MBraga92
07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Haha and only nerdddyyy fags get ps3 seriously.
And only poor people get the 360 since they cant afford the PS3.

swat63
07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Plus, if you install linux on it, you have yourself a computer, and if you think the hard drive isnt big enough? buy a bigger one, you can get a 300Gb hard drive ps3 PC!

Linux will crash. And second you can access your computer easily from your 360 without the hassle of installing many programs. You only need one program.

Cokacole123
07-15-2008, 06:59 PM

I don't know what to do.
360 has better marketplace, better online playing, cooler games better incentive to play(Achievements) and cooler graphics on the dashboard and on the games

johnnyzxz
07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
you're not getting Blu-Ray, but do you have an HD-TV anyway?

No, exactly! Now I want to get a 360.. :/

appearingr2d2
07-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Ps3 is the future- So get it in the future, when it will be a little less cheaper.

If you're a online gamer, best thing to get is a 360. the server is great with alot of stuff you can do with it.
if you're the type of person who likes to watch movies, get a Ps3.
both have equally the same amount of great games

360-Mass Effect, Bioshock, GTA4(better online play), CoD4(again better online play)
PS3-soul Caliber, MSG4, Restinance

MBraga92
07-15-2008, 07:33 PM
All the good games are Xbox360 anyway and the only one that isn't (MGS4) I can guarantee will be ported to 360 within the next year and a half.
I VERY doubt that my friend. MGS4 CANNOT FIT ON YOUR MICROSOFT DISKS. End of. Got it? For all the xbox fans STOP saying it will come out for 360 because it CANT and WONT

kizza121
07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I VERY doubt that my friend. MGS4 CANNOT FIT ON YOUR MICROSOFT DISKS. End of. Got it? For all the xbox fans STOP saying it will come out for 360 because it CANT and WONT

Lol geez calm down its just a video game

appearingr2d2
07-15-2008, 07:35 PM

why not? they brought other Metal Gear games over to the xbox, so I wouldn't say it won't

MBraga92
07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Lol geez calm down its just a video game

W-t-f ? I am calm o.O I just used caps so i can make sure they GET it through their head :)

Appearing : It Cant. Do you realize how big MGS4 is? You'd need a Bluray disk. Unless its comes out with 20 disks LOL Then its a maybe. Even if they did, they would do some MAJOR cut backs in the game - maybe delete scenes, edit the graphics and not make it as realistic.

football12345
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
you shouldnt! did you just watch E3!!!

E3 about what?

johnnyzxz
07-15-2008, 09:13 PM
W-t-f ? I am calm o.O I just used caps so i can make sure they GET it through their head :)

Appearing : It Cant. Do you realize how big MGS4 is? You'd need a Bluray disk. Unless its comes out with 20 disks LOL Then its a maybe. Even if they did, they would do some MAJOR cut backs in the game - maybe delete scenes, edit the graphics and not make it as realistic.

True. Well, At the rate I'm going, I'm getting an Xbox.
if I get top 10 on the Referral Contest, which I doubt, then I will get a PS3.

RenegadeSniper7
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Ps3 is the future- So get it in the future, when it will be a little less cheaper.

If you're a online gamer, best thing to get is a 360. the server is great with alot of stuff you can do with it.
if you're the type of person who likes to watch movies, get a Ps3.
both have equally the same amount of great games

360-Mass Effect, Bioshock, GTA4(better online play), CoD4(again better online play)
PS3-soul Caliber, MSG4, Restinance

We have Soul Caliber too. Lmao.

appearingr2d2
07-15-2008, 10:50 PM
We have Soul Caliber too. Lmao.

360 has soul caliber too?? hmm I only saw 360 on gamefly..eh oh well :D

hightower
07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Linux will crash. And second you can access your computer easily from your 360 without the hassle of installing many programs. You only need one program.

On the ps3 you need no programmes, it just installs, and no linux doesnt crash otherwise sony wouldnt recommend you do it would they.....

hightower
07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
okay fanboy

How was i? i was stating why in fact YOUR statement was one of a fanboy, you were the one that said

'it has better games'

When if you look at it realistically all it has is more of them, the exclusives aren't amazing quality (except gears) which was its's best game.....

thrawn2112
07-15-2008, 11:57 PM
at the sony press conference, there were a ton of ps3 exclusive games that looked amazing. especially M.A.G.

SAULiO91
07-16-2008, 02:53 AM

they've been working on a 360 version for over a year now - surely not long 'till they bring it out

theres always multiple discs also - look at the FF series on ps1

XxIRONxMAIDENxX
07-16-2008, 03:46 AM
It depends what you want.

Xbox 360:
-More Games
-Better Online Play($50 a year)
-More Accessories
-Great, But Slightly Worse Graphics
-Higher Failure Rate(I've had mine for a year and it hasn't failed me)
-Not Blu-Ray compatible
-Bulky

PS3:
-Has fewer titles
-Excellent Graphics
-More Expensive
-Blu-Ray Compatible
-Online Play(Free)
-Overheats More

InFamous805
07-16-2008, 06:14 AM
How was i? i was stating why in fact YOUR statement was one of a fanboy, you were the one that said

'it has better games'

When if you look at it realistically all it has is more of them, the exclusives aren't amazing quality (except gears) which was its's best game.....

You basically went in and told me that my OPINION was wrong. It was an opinion and I even stated it was (in my opinion...). If I think something like lemonade is better but you like apple juice you cant tell me im wrong. Its just an opinion, you can give your own, but like a fanboy you decide to say im wrong or invalid. I called you a fanboy because im usually on the gametrailers.com forums and most of them are PS3 fanboys, so sorry if was just a habit. but really sorry im not trying to start a flame war

InFamous805
07-16-2008, 06:18 AM

lol if the game came out on 360 it would probable only need 3 discs (4 discs tops) and i'd rather switch disc then have to wait 15 minutes every instillation and have it take up room on my hard-drive.

PS I have a PS3, I like it but im more of an online player so I stick with 360 more. And until late this year the only games im looking foward to are Resistance 2. Then im going to have to wait until the beginning of next year for Killzone 2 and God of War 3

(sorry for the double post)

UnoriginalErin
07-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Lost Odyssey was on 4 disks on 360, they could easily put MGS4 on multiple disks.

Hell, they did it with Twin Snakes on GCN.

Trust me, MGS4 is coming out on 360 within the next year and a half.

SAULiO91
07-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Lost Odyssey was on 4 disks on 360, they could easily put MGS4 on multiple disks.

Hell, they did it with Twin Snakes on GCN.

Trust me, MGS4 is coming out on 360 within the next year and a half.

my point exactly

Ultimatesnake
07-16-2008, 12:35 PM
360 way better graphics if you have a tube tv or are broadcasting in 420p. PS3 still hasnt immpressed me except if you have HDTV. Also the ps3 has more games for kids if you think about it. Plus the prices are totally different. The 360 you get more bang for your buck.

actually if u add up all the crap u have to buy then i would say the xbox is more expensive than the ps3
and whoever said that mgs4 is going to the xbox then ur wrong, if u actually played mgs4 it says that its "PS3 EXCLUSIVE"
And i actually have an xbox and a ps3. I like the ps3 games more because i got tired of halo and gears of war like the second day i played it.

Bored
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Why is everyone saying the only good game for the 360 coming is Gears of War 2?

Fable 2
Too Human
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Mass Effect 2
Viva Pinata 2 (Say what you want, it's a good game ... pretty much the 360 version of Pikmin)
Left 4 Dead
Plus Gears of War 2.

This isn't even including the exclusives that are already out such as Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey and Halo 3 (off the top of my head). Contrary to popular belief, Halo 3 actually IS a good shooter. Bandwagon hating popular things is not always right.

The PS3 has lost most of its big titles and at this point is certainly not worth it. The 360 has a much larger selection of games to fit all types of people, with more RPGs, more shooters, more racers and more ... everything, than its competitors.

The online support for the 360 is INFINITELY better than the Playstation Network. To say otherwise is to be completely wrong. There are many hiccups and problems in the PS network and the overall experience is drained because of it. The 360 owners may have to pay 50$ a YEAR (come on, a year) but they get what they pay for. A huge marketplace where they can download arcade games and full XBOX classic games. It's a quality service and is certainly not a rip off.

InFamous805
07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
actually if u add up all the crap u have to buy then i would say the xbox is more expensive than the ps3
and whoever said that mgs4 is going to the xbox then ur wrong, if u actually played mgs4 it says that its "PS3 EXCLUSIVE"
And i actually have an xbox and a ps3. I like the ps3 games more because i got tired of halo and gears of war like the second day i played it.

it doesn't matter if it says exclusive. Bioshock said "Xbox 360 exclusive" on the Box and its coming out on PS3 later this year.

Ultimatesnake
07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
It depends what you want.

Xbox 360:
-More Games because it had an early start
-Better Online Play($50 a year)which makes it more expensive
-More Accessories that you have to buy that makes it more expensive
-Great, But Slightly Worse Graphics
-Higher Failure Rate(I've had mine for a year and it hasn't failed me)
-Not Blu-Ray compatible
-Bulky

PS3:
-Has fewer titles(for now...)
-Excellent Graphics
-Less Expensive
-Blu-Ray Compatible(cheapest blu ray you'll ever find)
-Online Play(Free)
-Overheats Less
-Also bulky
-Don't have to go searching for more parts
its all in the Box ;)

FIXED IT 4 YOU!

awilex
07-16-2008, 12:42 PM
ITs offical mMGS4 is not coming to 360.... in the game it has loads of easter eggs slaggin off xbox

Bored
07-16-2008, 12:43 PM

They put Lost Odyssey on 3-4 discs. They could easily do the same for MGS4. Plus, they're making it so you can download games from the disc straight to your HD from the 360. So ... yeah, it can definitely work.

Ultimatesnake
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
it doesn't matter if it says exclusive. Bioshock said "Xbox 360 exclusive" on the Box and its coming out on PS3 later this year.

yes thats great evidence that exclusives can change to multiplatform, but
what did the creator of Bioshock say when he was asked if it was going multiplatform?just wondering

Nite
07-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I would go with a PS3 because its a more reliable console. After all the research I done, Xbox 360 has too many problems and it has alot higher return rate.

I'm gonna be saving for a 60GB Model PS3 (even tho sony discontinued them) the 60GB models are the only ones that have true backwards compatibility with PS2 games. So that gives me more of a variety of games to play on it.

RenegadeSniper7
07-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Buy a 360, bottom line!

Nite
07-16-2008, 09:35 PM
http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/02/14/poll-claims-360-failure-rate-at-5x-greater-than-ps3-wii/

thats a website back around February of 2008, Xbox 360 fail rate around 16% (which is still high). PS3 and wii is around 3%.

so like I said. PS3 is alot more reliable.

BlackDahlia
07-16-2008, 09:41 PM
PS3 is better in my opinion.
My reasons for it are COD4, MGS4, and Left 4 Dead :thumbs

I was gonna save points to get it but uh.. I don't feel like waiting months. So I'll just buy it myself and use the points for games :D

Nite
07-16-2008, 09:43 PM
PS3 is better in my opinion.
My reasons for it are COD4, MGS4, and Left 4 Dead :thumbs

I was gonna save points to get it but uh.. I don't feel like waiting months. So I'll just buy it myself and use the points for games :D

what..... you missed the most important game of all, where is GTA4? :p

GamerGuy123
07-16-2008, 09:44 PM
This thread helped me out I have been working a little over the summer and I have enough for a ps3 or xbox and ive played both and think there both good so get what ever you want.

BlackDahlia
07-16-2008, 09:48 PM
what..... you missed the most important game of all, where is GTA4? :p

Really? I heard it sucks

Nite
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Really? I heard it sucks

hell no it don't suck, all the GTA series games are incredible,

Rockstar makes excellent games

BlackDahlia
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
hell no it don't suck, all the GTA series games are incredible,

Rockstar makes excellent games

I heard once you finish the game it's just plain boring. COD4 on the other hand.. nothing but fun

Nite
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
I heard once you finish the game it's just plain boring. COD4 on the other hand.. nothing but fun

finishing the storyline isn't the only thing that makes a game fun. GTA games are meant for players that like free roaming as well (my favorite type to be honest, also known as a sand box style game)

I guess your not one of them ;)

have fun with COD4

BlackDahlia
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
well not just the storyline. GTA games are meant for players that like free roaming as well (my favorite type to be honest, also known as a sand box style game)

I guess your not one of them ;)

have fun with COD4

Actually I don't even have a PS3 and i suck at COD4 since I've only played it twice lol That's why I'm going to buy it. I need practice. I'm not much of a GTA fan. Actually my all time favorite games are the Megaman X series for the PS1 :D

GZ47Q
07-17-2008, 05:46 AM
MGS4 will never reach the cockbox bricksixty...

There are lots of in-game jokes suggesting that this game will NEVER get ported. One of these is the exchange disk scene.

And, waiting a year and a half just for a port that doesn't even exists? hahaha...You xbots are funny.

And, to all you xbots, have you even seen, played, or owned a PS3 to tell someone that it sucks? I believe the PS3 has a good number of exclusives coming to it. Some of this are: Killzone 2, Resistance 2, God of War III,LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, Final Fantasy Versus XIII (I doubt it will be multiplatform), DC universe online and MAG(256 players) and more.

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy Versus XIII, unlike the other FFXIII, won't go multiplatform. Some of the reasons as to why I believe it will never reach the bricksixty are: Game uses sixaxis, Devteam stated game would not fit on a DVD format, and PS3's power(not sure about this one)

InFamous805
07-17-2008, 06:04 AM
MGS4 will never reach the cockbox bricksixty...

There are lots of in-game jokes suggesting that this game will NEVER get ported. One of these is the exchange disk scene.

And, waiting a year and a half just for a port that doesn't even exists? hahaha...You xbots are funny.

And, to all you xbots, have you even seen, played, or owned a PS3 to tell someone that it sucks? I believe the PS3 has a good number of exclusives coming to it. Some of this are: Killzone 2, Resistance 2, God of War III,LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, Final Fantasy Versus XIII (I doubt it will be multiplatform), DC universe online and MAG(256 players) and more.

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy Versus XIII, unlike the other FFXIII, won't go multiplatform. Some of the reasons as to why I believe it will never reach the bricksixty are: Game uses sixaxis, Devteam stated game would not fit on a DVD format, and PS3's power(not sure about this one)

Yeah I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3. The only games worth buying now are MGS4, Resistance, Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank. I could name a whole lot of Xbox Games worth buying! And half of those games you listed most likely wont be released until next year. And as for FFXIII it is coming to Xbox 360 and it will only be an exclusive in Japan so just live with it.

awilex
07-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Yeah I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3. The only games worth buying now are MGS4, Resistance, Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank. I could name a whole lot of Xbox Games worth buying! And half of those games you listed most likely wont be released until next year. And as for FFXIII it is coming to Xbox 360 and it will only be an exclusive in Japan so just live with it.

I can only name 1 game I actually liked on my 360 and thats gears of war...But i can just play Unreal tournament and download the gears of war mods so im basicly playing gears of war lol...Oh yea and you only just got unreal tournament and you dont have user created content :crap haha

Microsoft recently confirmed what most people already knew.. (http://youfail.org/)

awilex
07-17-2008, 06:13 AM
oh yea i also got Gta on ps3 because the graphics were better...and yes gta4 is abit boring compared to the other games,I guess the planes used to make it alot more fun.I also got 90 odd % so i completed the story and just had to kill pigeons and stuff to get 100% LAME

InFamous805
07-17-2008, 06:27 AM
I can only name 1 game I actually liked on my 360 and thats gears of war...But i can just play Unreal tournament and download the gears of war mods so im basicly playing gears of war lol...Oh yea and you only just got unreal tournament and you dont have user created content :crap haha

Microsoft recently confirmed what most people already knew.. (http://youfail.org/)

I bet you dont own a Xbox 360 or you haven't owned one for long. Here's a list of games that are worth playing and have scored well on Xbox 360:
Gears of War
Bioshock
Halo 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Call of Duty 2
Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Chromehounds
Saints Row
Blue Dragon
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Hitman Blood Money
The Outfit
Perfect Dark Zero
Soul Calibur (XBLA)
Geometry Wars Evolved (XBLA)

You will never be able to name as many exclusives as these (Hitman came out on other consoles but looked real good on my 360) and if you do they will be low rated games like Lair (53 Average) and Genji (55 Average) or Heavenly Sword (repetitive but it was pretty good)

xcef2005
07-17-2008, 08:37 AM
I bet you dont own a Xbox 360 or you haven't owned one for long. Here's a list of games that are worth playing and have scored well on Xbox 360:
Gears of War
Bioshock
Halo 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Call of Duty 2
Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Chromehounds
Saints Row
Blue Dragon
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Hitman Blood Money
The Outfit
Perfect Dark Zero
Soul Calibur (XBLA)
Geometry Wars Evolved (XBLA)

Dont forget about Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2. Final Fantasy 13(Now on the Xbox 360), I also would not be one bit suprised if you some day soon saw the Metal Gear series go to Xbox 360 as well. Every video game is making the switch to Xbox 360 just as Final Fantasy is now doing. Plus lets not forget if your a fan of sports games like Madden. Its been proven by the producers that Madden 08 ran faster on the Xbox 360. Im not sure about this year's version. But right now Xbox is the way to go.

hightower
07-17-2008, 08:41 AM
And as for FFXIII it is coming to Xbox 360 and it will only be an exclusive in Japan so just live with it.

Yes ff XIII is coming to xbox360....but Final Fantasy Versus XIII isn't....

InFamous805
07-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Yes ff XIII is coming to xbox360....but Final Fantasy Versus XIII isn't....

yeah Versus looks so bad @ss, i've got a PS3 so I can still play it :banana

RenegadeSniper7
07-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Dont forget about Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2. Final Fantasy 13(Now on the Xbox 360), I also would not be one bit suprised if you some day soon saw the Metal Gear series go to Xbox 360 as well. Every video game is making the switch to Xbox 360 just as Final Fantasy is now doing. Plus lets not forget if your a fan of sports games like Madden. Its been proven by the producers that Madden 08 ran faster on the Xbox 360. Im not sure about this year's version. But right now Xbox is the way to go.

Don't forget all the backwards compatible games, like Halo 2, Star: Jedi Knight series, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series, a bunch more of Star Wars games (can't help it, I'm a fanatic), and many, many more!

P.S. Lol! This thread is still going on? Isn't it obvious to get a 360?

awilex
07-17-2008, 09:45 AM
half the games on your list r on ps3 too and are better on ps3 *proven*And most of the ps3s are bacwards compatable....apart from the cheapest 1 but the cheapest xbox doesnt even have a HDD! lol

Nite
07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
half the games on your list r on ps3 too and are better on ps3 *proven*And most of the ps3s are bacwards compatable....apart from the cheapest 1 but the cheapest xbox doesnt even have a HDD! lol

the 60GB model PS3 is the best backwards compatible thier is, because it has part of the real PS2 hardware in it making it work better with most PS2 games. the 20, 40, 80GB models only emulate backwards compatibility.

Sony discontinued the 60GB model, but you can still get them on ebay or amazon

InFamous805
07-17-2008, 09:59 AM

if your talking about my list your way wrong hardly any of those games came out on PS3

xcef2005
07-17-2008, 11:10 AM

Ok so wheres your *proof* lol. Id love to see it showing that most all of the games he listed are better on PS3 then on 360. Since thats what your saying. So please show me.

hightower
07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah Versus looks so bad @ss, i've got a PS3 so I can still play it :banana

Also, FFXIII will be released on PS3 before XBOX 360, due to completion dates

Viz
07-17-2008, 11:27 AM

I don't know what to do.

You should get the xbox although i got the ring of death:disgust they give you a 3 year extended warranty and give you a new xbox 360 plus 1 month of xbox live in:disgust the package

awilex
07-17-2008, 12:21 PM
the 60GB model PS3 is the best backwards compatible thier is, because it has part of the real PS2 hardware in it making it work better with most PS2 games. the 20, 40, 80GB models only emulate backwards compatibility.

Sony discontinued the 60GB model, but you can still get them on ebay or amazon

yea i have the 60Gb 1 :D

awilex
07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Ok so wheres your *proof* lol. Id love to see it showing that most all of the games he listed are better on PS3 then on 360. Since thats what your saying. So please show me.

ok just type in on internet your game and comparison e.g

GTA4 ps3 xbox360 graphics comparison

Billinator
07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Uh, I hate to brake it to you but the PS3 sucks really bad. Sony hasn't changed they're controller shape once and Nintendo and the 360 has. Also all Sony cares about are the graphics so they're games suck. Nintendo and 360 puts a lot of thought into their games, Nintendo mostly. Also the 360 is cheaper.

appearingr2d2
07-17-2008, 12:47 PM
ok just type in on internet your game and comparison e.g

GTA4 ps3 xbox360 graphics comparison

wow, because it has better graphics, that automatically makes it better?

awilex
07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Uh, I hate to brake it to you but the PS3 sucks really bad. Sony hasn't changed they're controller shape once and Nintendo and the 360 has. Also all Sony cares about are the graphics so they're games suck. Nintendo and 360 puts a lot of thought into their games, Nintendo mostly. Also the 360 is cheaper.

maybe because the controller is good,the controller in ps3 uses blue tooth but 360 is still back in old days with wireless lol....ps3 range is 2X as long easier to charge more lightweight/comfortable.Sixaxis like the wii..(not as good sensitivity as the wii though) + rumble in america and japan and soon in england lol :mad:
so you cant really say the controller sucks just look at your brick of a controller!:disgust

Nite
07-17-2008, 12:55 PM

they don't need to change the controller, sonys Six Axis style controllers are very comfortable and well laid out. They are nice. Also I hate to break it to you but the graphics are alot of reason of what makes todays games good so live with it. Also thier is a reason 360 is cheaper, that console is crap due to all the fails and returns (red ring of death, disk not detected errors, etc)

lamar
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM

I don't know what to do.

because the x box 360 has more features like the new netflix they are going to add and the graphics are more cleared in the ps3 the light come up too much and you can't see and the 360 has more games than the ps3 and lots of stuff you can do in there you got windows live midea you can listen to your ipod while playin your game you should get the 360

Ultimatesnake
07-17-2008, 11:35 PM
well the ps3 has already come out witha firmware that lets u listen to music on ur ps3 but is only compatable with newer games

hightower
07-17-2008, 11:39 PM
because the x box 360 has more features like the new netflix they are going to add and the graphics are more cleared in the ps3 the light come up too much and you can't see and the 360 has more games than the ps3 and lots of stuff you can do in there you got windows live midea you can listen to your ipod while playin your game you should get the 360

But what has it got coming this year which brings any excitement EXCEPT gears of war 2....

Trust me johnny, make the right choice and buy a ps3, it'll last you longer and with a simple google search you can see all the amazing features coming this year and next year!

appearingr2d2
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
But what has it got coming this year which brings any excitement EXCEPT gears of war 2....

Trust me johnny, make the right choice and buy a ps3, it'll last you longer and with a simple google search you can see all the amazing features coming this year and next year!

yeh but if ithe amazing features not coming out til next year, why get it now..Why not just get the 360 now, have fun, when all the so called great stuff comes out, sell your 360 and get a used or new PS3..There problem solved, now you know what to do

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 05:39 AM
Reasons why you should get PS3:

LittleBigPlanet (October this year)
Killzone 2 (February 2009)
inFamous
DC universe Online
Warhawk (released)
White Knight Chronicles
MAG
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
God of War III
Grand Turismo 5 Prologue(released)
(Gran Turismo TV will be released on August)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ratchet and Clank Future
Resistance 1 and 2
Playstation Store games
HOME
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Uncharted
60gb(?) PS3 price drop to $499

And, I believe you can now download/rent movies from the PS store.

If your're still not convinced, I can give you more.

hightower
07-18-2008, 05:41 AM

LittleBigPlanet (October this year)
Killzone 2 (February 2009)
inFamous
DC universe Online
Warhawk (released)
White Knight Chronicles
MAG
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
God of War III
Grand Turismo 5 Prologue(released)
(Gran Turismo TV will be released on August)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ratchet and Clank Future
Resistance 1 and 2
Playstation Store games
HOME
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Uncharted
60gb(?) PS3 price drop to $499

And, I believe you can now download/rent movies from the PS store.

If your're still not convinced, I can give you more.

Allgreat games,don't forget motorstorm and motorstorm 2!

hightower
07-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Sorry for the double post.

yeh but if ithe amazing features not coming out til next year, why get it now..Why not just get the 360 now, have fun, when all the so called great stuff comes out, sell your 360 and get a used or new PS3..There problem solved, now you know what to do

Because i said WITHIN the next yeartheres so much good stuff coming soon, within the next 1 or 2 months at most. I had the choice of the ps3 or xbox360, i walked straight past the latter to go for a ps3.

JS92
07-18-2008, 05:49 AM

LittleBigPlanet (October this year) - Meh, kinda pathetic TBH
Killzone 2 (February 2009) - Killzone 1 sucked!
inFamous - o.0
DC universe Online - o.0
Warhawk (released) - kinda boring
White Knight Chronicles - never heard of it
MAG - 0.o yay 256 players all at once!!! (Sarcasm)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Yeh I agree on that one
God of War III - Seen the other God's of war...they were good
Grand Turismo 5 Prologue(released) - WTF No damage??? Worst thing to release!
(Gran Turismo TV will be released on August) - Saming
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Good
Ratchet and Clank Future - Good
Resistance 1 and 2 - Resistance sucked and is way too easy!!!
Playstation Store games - WTF You want xbox 360 for that...we have all the classic arcades!!!
HOME - WTF, just a place for pedo's
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Good
Uncharted - Looks pathetic
60gb(?) PS3 price drop to $499 - :O

Well thats my opinion..and im entitled to my own opinion!

Also I do honestly think that there are some crap games coming out for the PS3, the only decent ones are the sequel's to the previously decent games...and they probs will screw them up and ruin the whole series!!!

:banana

GZ47Q
07-18-2008, 06:11 AM

LittleBigPlanet (October this year) - Meh, kinda pathetic TBH
Killzone 2 (February 2009) - Killzone 1 sucked!
inFamous - o.0
DC universe Online - o.0
Warhawk (released) - kinda boring
White Knight Chronicles - never heard of it
MAG - 0.o yay 256 players all at once!!! (Sarcasm)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Yeh I agree on that one
God of War III - Seen the other God's of war...they were good
Grand Turismo 5 Prologue(released) - WTF No damage??? Worst thing to release!
(Gran Turismo TV will be released on August) - Saming
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Good
Ratchet and Clank Future - Good
Resistance 1 and 2 - Resistance sucked and is way too easy!!!
Playstation Store games - WTF You want xbox 360 for that...we have all the classic arcades!!!
HOME - WTF, just a place for pedo's
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Good
Uncharted - Looks pathetic
60gb(?) PS3 price drop to $499 - :O

Well thats my opinion..and im entitled to my own opinion!

Also I do honestly think that there are some crap games coming out for the PS3, the only decent ones are the sequel's to the previously decent games...and they probs will screw them up and ruin the whole series!!!

:banana

Have you actually seen LBP? I guess games are now defined as either FPS or FPS. If you still believe LBP is lame, go look at the impressions from IGN.
Does it mean that if Killzone 1 sucked, Killzone 2 needs to suck also?
Killzone 2 graphics and impressions: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/891/891245p1.html
inFamous is a Grand Theft Auto like game but, you play as someone who gained powers and It's up to you if you want to be good or evil.
Impressions: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/891/891360p1.html
DC Universe Online is a FREE MMO game featuring DC superheroes and villains such as Superman, batman, and their enemies like the Joker.
WarHawk is a good multiplayer game (It has no single-player campaign).
I believe MAG can hold up to its promise of 256 players. I've been playing Resistance on a slow internet connection and I haven't noticed a single lag even on 40 players.
I think Versus 13 wil remain exclusive since they announced motion controls and they stated that it wil not fit on a single DVD disc.
White Knight Chronicles is a RPG.
GoW 3...no need to explain.
Gran Turismo Prologue - they've announced a patch for damage.
Gran Turismo TV is a service that will allow you to watch different shows like Top Gear on your PS3 (only available thru GT prologue).
MGS4 - one of the best games around.
Ratchet and Clank - one of the best games for the PS3.
Resistance was actually good. And, Resis tance 2 looks even more promising.
PS store games - pixeljunk monster, grand turismo prologue, warhawk, pain, super stardust, flow, and more. They also have PSP games and PSone titles.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - good game
Uncharted - actually looks good (one of the best looking titles).
HOME - I don't have much details on this one but what I do know is that this service is FREE of charge.
Price drop was announced in E3. They will also now sell 80gb systems($600). I believe there was no 80gb PS3 before. I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

And, crap games cannot be avoided. Even some highly hyped games tend to flop *stares at HAZE*

runeblade265
07-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Well theres
Left 4 Dead
Warhammer Mark of Chaos Battle March
Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Halo Wars
Soul Caliber 4
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and bolts
I heard red alert 3 was coming to the 360
I dont know for sure but i believe World in Conflict is also coming to the 360 this year
I know there is more but i cant think straight right now

darkla8er
07-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Ps3 is better because you get get game for a cheaper price and everbody love cheaper price so it good ans the acount it free and I love it and it all good and the my thing I hope you agree with me sorry can't spell one word right

hightower
07-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Well theres
Left 4 Dead
Warhammer Mark of Chaos Battle March
Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Halo Wars
Soul Caliber 4
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and bolts
I heard red alert 3 was coming to the 360
I dont know for sure but i believe World in Conflict is also coming to the 360 this year
I know there is more but i cant think straight right now

I said except GoW2, but granted fable 2 and banjo kazooie will be good, but the rest in my opinion would not sway me towards the 360 against the PS3 list if i was deciding.

parth3
07-19-2008, 06:47 PM
deffo - FFXIII will be ace!

wat the hell is ff13??

Jake
07-19-2008, 07:06 PM
The 360 can and will scratch your discs if you are not careful and i wish i would have bought a ps3 to be honest!

parsons130
07-19-2008, 07:45 PM
ya 360 has alot better things, including netflix!! Ya boy

not to mention I think its silly to by a gaming system for 1 game:p

johnnyzxz
07-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Um to everyone, I kind of already decided on an Xbox but keep posting though, this will really be helpful to some people.

So, if I get an Xbox, which game should I get first?

thrawn2112
07-19-2008, 08:24 PM
i've never played final fantasy, but lol even i know what it stands for.

codexavellum
07-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I got both 360 and PS3 on their respected launch dates. So I am familiar with both systems pretty well. I'd say go PS3, I just like what Sony has to offer for the PS3 coming up later in the year and for the future.

InFamous805
07-20-2008, 06:20 AM
The 360 can and will scratch your discs if you are not careful and i wish i would have bought a ps3 to be honest!

the xbox 360 only scrathes your discs if you move the console with the disc in it

JS92
07-20-2008, 06:32 AM
the xbox 360 only scrathes your discs if you move the console with the disc in it

Exactly...if your a retard and move the console from vertical to horizontal while the disk is in and spinning, then obvs its gonna scratch...ever heard of gravity??? jeez, and I wish the sony fanboys would stop going on about having the internet and linux on their PS3, its a gaming console, made for gaming, if you want linux or the internet, then use your PC FFS. Xbox 360 doesnt have all them "PC" features...
guess why
...why?
Because its a gaming console
:O No!!!
Yes

Seriously guys, if I could, I would have a PS3 for my birthday, but I dont want to, because I need to spend that precious money on my beloved 360! You think if it kept over heating, I had to £40 a year to play online...well I cant really think of any other bad things??? Well mine has NEVER over heated and I got mine on lauch day! What is £40 a year???£40 a year!!! its nothing!
Anyway, you really think I would still continue to spend my money on it if it did that!!! Then no, but because mine doesnt overheat, and if it does we have a 3 year warranty on it! and £40 a year is nothing, its like having a game at christmas! I still do spend my well earned cash on my 360! I love playing it! Never stopped playing it, only for going on holiday, when I used to go school, and sleep, any free time I would either spend going out with mates, but because this is england, it rains all the time, so what else to do...PC Is boring, so :O 360 yay :)

Seriously...360 is really good for its age and how technology has moved on and its still able to compete with all these high-tech software/hardware!

Jake
07-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Actually go with game boy black and white or Nintendo 64, those are very reliable...

FireFreek
07-20-2008, 02:20 PM
PS3 CAUSE IT'S FREE!

No seriously. I have a Wii right now, cause of Brawl, and because i'm too cheap to buy the other two consoles. But if i had a choice between 360 and PS3, it would be the latter because I DON'T HAVE TO PAY 50 STINKING BUCKS A YEAR TO PLAY ONLINE. It's like paying to meet your friends at the park.

FireFreek
07-20-2008, 02:23 PM
ya 360 has alot better things, including netflix!! Ya boy

not to mention I think its silly to by a gaming system for 1 game:p
Psh, Netflix. Why pay for a movie when millions of people are downloading it free off of torrents. It gets ready probably at the same time or less than a usual Netflix movie.

appearingr2d2
07-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Psh, Netflix. Why pay for a movie when millions of people are downloading it free off of torrents. It gets ready probably at the same time or less than a usual Netflix movie.

cause that's illegal, also gives you viruses

InFamous805
07-20-2008, 03:35 PM
PS3 CAUSE IT'S FREE!

No seriously. I have a Wii right now, cause of Brawl, and because i'm too cheap to buy the other two consoles. But if i had a choice between 360 and PS3, it would be the latter because I DON'T HAVE TO PAY 50 STINKING BUCKS A YEAR TO PLAY ONLINE. It's like paying to meet your friends at the park.

360= $300
Very good game= $60
The best online community yet = $50

All adds up to about the same price you'd pay for a PS3 if not less.

SAULiO91
07-21-2008, 06:31 AM

I have NEVER - and i mean never - had a virus from downloading a movie torrent

runeblade265
07-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Um to everyone, I kind of already decided on an Xbox but keep posting though, this will really be helpful to some people.

So, if I get an Xbox, which game should I get first?

Well what games do you like?

SAULiO91
07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/saulpearce/1zx6zpg-1.jpghttp://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/saulpearce/GTAIV_Logo-1.jpghttp://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/saulpearce/8290-v2-1.jpg

Nite
07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I found this on another forum, may help with deciding between consoles

http://www.lockergnome.com/game/2008/03/05/xbox-360-vs-ps3-the-great-debate/

PS3

Pros:

* Beats 360 in month-by-month sales
* Free wireless, built-in Blu-ray, and free online play via the PlayStation Network
* Internet broswer
* Blu-ray won the format war
* ALL games are on Blu-ray discs (that’s a whopping 50 Gigs per disc!), allowing great games to be born!
* VERY low failure rate
* Great connectivity between the PS3, the PSP, and the computer
* VERY quiet fan
* Small, light controllers
* Sixaxis wireless controller for certain games

Cons:

* Few great games, but plenty of great games coming soon
* Not as many people on the PSN compared to XBL
* Demos, add-ons, and such are on the PSN after the XBL Marketplace
* Some (very few) PS3s have disc drive problems that don’t read the discs properly or will not accept the discs at all
* No rumble controllers (but seriously it’s not that important); also, the rumble controllers have been announced

Xbox 360

Pros:

* XBL has many people and a great connection
* You can own noobs online while listening to your favorite music!
* Beats PS3 in overall sales due to the fact that it was released over a year before the PS3
* Great games
* Demos, add-ons, and such are on the XBL Marketplace before the PS3
* Rumble in controllers

Cons:

* WAY too many callbacks and problems (RRoD, destroying of discs, etc.)
* If you bought everything to as closely match the features of the PS3 it’d cost almost the price of the sytem itself (HD DVD drive, wireless hook-up, XBL payments) — these things add up!
* No Internet browser
* HD DVD lost the format war
* All games are on regular DVD discs (a measly 5 Gigs of memory), which greatly limits games
* WAY too high of a failure rate — about 17%, in fact
* Large, heavy, roaring jet engine fans!

InFamous805
07-21-2008, 03:51 PM
to the post above mine:

did you read all the comments? :lol

johnnyzxz
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't know which games I like but I changed my mind to PS3 again :D

xHighDro
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I have a PS3 and a 360 and in my honest opinion the 360 is 1000000000000000 times better then the PS3...And all the new 360's arent loud and wont get rrod...and when i walk into a game store to buy a new game i can never find a good ps3 game but always find a 360 game lol...i have like 15 360 games and i like them all and i have 5 ps3 games which only 1 i like...trust me dont waste your money on a ps3.
________
PAXIL DEATH (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Nite
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
really the only 2 games I want on PS3 for now is Gran Turismo 5 and Grand Theft Auto 4, but I'm sure I will find others I like.

InFamous805
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I have a PS3 and a 360 and in my honest opinion the 360 is 1000000000000000 times better then the PS3...

yeah Im the same. my PS3 is picking up dust. If you buy a PS3 now, you'll regret it until this Fall or later

RenegadeSniper7
07-21-2008, 06:19 PM

That's why you make sure the torrent has a lot of seeders and comments. Then you read the comments to see if it's good.

You KNOW you won't watch the movie more than once. Why pay 30 dollars? If it makes you feel any better, go down to Chinatown and buy one for $2.00 there.

appearingr2d2
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
That's why you make sure the torrent has a lot of seeders and comments. Then you read the comments to see if it's good.

You KNOW you won't watch the movie more than once. Why pay 30 dollars? If it makes you feel any better, go down to Chinatown and buy one for $2.00 there.

you're saying you never watch a movie more than once?? I do and so do alot of other people, besides their's netflix and blockbuster

RenegadeSniper7
07-21-2008, 06:56 PM
you're saying you never watch a movie more than once?? I do and so do alot of other people, besides their's netflix and blockbuster

O.K., you know what I mean. Some you will, but a lot of them you know definitely aren't worth $30.00.

Also, THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4) is why you shouldn't get a PS3.

Nite
07-21-2008, 07:22 PM
O.K., you know what I mean. Some you will, but a lot of them you know definitely aren't worth $30.00.

Also, THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4) is why you shouldn't get a PS3.

he is obviously an Xbox 360 fanboy and modified the press conference to make it look bad, you can tell by all the blips

RenegadeSniper7
07-21-2008, 08:23 PM
he is obviously an Xbox 360 fanboy and modified the press conference to make it look bad, you can tell by all the blips

Nonetheless, it was all said.

Chrisedwards93
07-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd pick ps3 because i have . But my brother has an xbox360. I'd say it depends on what your friends have. It's only about the online play when it comes down to 360 and ps3.

vallu
07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Exclusives like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcPOuaYPf88

InFamous805
07-22-2008, 12:51 PM

or like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Bg7lO7ZlU

JS92
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM

wow how did he get such High Quality on youtube???

SAULiO91
07-22-2008, 01:37 PM

haha - quite possibly the funniest thing i've seen all day

i favourited this video!

Chiefton haz Recon
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Hahaha funny video

swat63
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
In E3 08 Microsoft dominated according to fans

around 57% thought microsoft did the best in E3 08
around 32-34% thought Sony did the best
Around 12-14% thought Nintendo did the best

That is averaged i dont know the exact percentages but that is close to them

pstefen
07-22-2008, 03:37 PM
360 ia so better

Nite
07-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I've decided to get a PS3 for 2 big reasons:

1. More reliable console (way less failures)

2. Free Online Play

Also the least ammount of great games that PS3 has is not a concern to me, I just want the good exclusive ones like Gran Turismo 5 for example. As far as the xbox 360 is concerned, most of its games are available on PC, and my PC is good enough to run them, so its pointless for me to buy that.

gilmar406
07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
i GOT THE PS3 AND THE XBOX 360 AND :bananaTHE WII AND i THINK THE XBOX 360 IS THE BEST

xHighDro
07-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Seriously to you guys that think PS3 is better buy both and play them equally for a week...Then see what you like more lol.
________
Green crack (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/green-crack)

JS92
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
As alot of people have said, Get a 360 :D

hightower
07-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Seriously to you guys that think PS3 is better buy both and play them equally for a week...Then see what you like more lol.

Still the ps3, i prefer the games.

SAULiO91
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM

i was dissapointed with the PS3s new flappy-paddle L2+R2 buttons, not really triggers but not really buttons - and not as good as either...

xHighDro
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM

Most people who play both prefer 360. But some people enjoy different things.
________
Blowjob french (http://www.****tube.com/categories/344/french/videos/1)

Thornesss
07-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Iv had a 360 die on me =/

and my mates PS3 just died the other weeks after less then a year, he got a replacement pretty fast though ;)

PC all the way...

SAULiO91
07-24-2008, 04:38 AM
all in all they're still all good consoles - its just your preferance at the end of the day...

haloguy
07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
:smilei dont think you should get a ps3!

enviouzdezi
07-24-2008, 06:18 PM
lies PS3 Wins, Better graphics, better games

Porn

everythin

haha jk

RenegadeSniper7
07-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Why is this thread still going? Xbox 360 all the way, man! We're getting a PS3 exclusive before they get it! LOL!

"Betrayal!"

Bored
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
How about neither system sucks and anyone who says so is just being ignorant? Both systems have excellent games and both systems have excellent hardware, the PS3 just decided to focus more on nongaming hardware than the 360.

It's funny though -- someone pointed this out to me. Last generation, XBOX owners were saying how the XBOX had superior hardware (because it did) than the PS2. The PS2 owners were saying how it's all about the gaming library, so the PS2 was better.

This generation, it's the exact opposite. Suddenly the PS3 is better because of more advanced hardware and the 360 is better because of a better overall library.

=/

MaximoMilkman
07-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Its harder to develop games for the PS3 because its such new technology not alot of developers know how to work it.. but the 360 from what i hear is just like the PC so its easier to port it over to the 360 then the PS3.. Thats why the PS3 doesnt have many games because developers out there dont have a clue how to develop a game for the PS3. Honestly what games does the PS3 have RIGHT NOW.. im not talking in a year like OMG little big planet is coming out its gonna be AWESOME how do you know a game is AWESOME if its not even OUT YET. The only game that ever comes to mind when i think PS3 is MGS4 and Resistance since im not into racing games Gran Turismo is nothing to me. The xbox has tons of great titles that attract me like Gears of war Halo 3 Mass Effect Bioshock and i can pick those up right now.. the 360 also has better online play.. i love TF2 (Team Fortress 2) on Xbox Live but on the PS3 no one ever talks (or has a mic for that matter) and not as many people are on it.. 360 games are just more FUN with its epic online play.. and im sick of people saying LAIR is awesome that game was an EPIC FAIL! Haze idk about that game mixed reviews.. doesnt seem like my type of game anyway.. PS3 fans are probably just satisfied with it because its the only game thats even mildy fun on the PS3.. i do like the PS3's technology it blows the 360 out of the water.. but for gaming it just doesnt cut it.. if im going to buy a console i expect a great gaming experience if i wanted an internet browser a Blu ray player and a console that can play lots of formats and stream files over wifi really well i would just buy a PC.. after all thats what PC'S are made for. So my input to this little thread is the PS3'S is going to open doors for next gen gaming but the lack of fun online just doesnt make it fun.. (Plus its SLOW) me and my friend tried to update MGS took like 5 or 7 mins pop in a game on a 360 20 seconds MAX update. The xbox 360 is for more hardcore gamers.. gamers that stay up till like 3 am button mashing and having those BOOM HEADSHOT moments with all your best friends.. Well thats about all i have to say if anyone ever wants to argue PS3 VS 360 just message me i love to debate on the issue of which console is better.

I posted that in another thread.. and another reason you should get 360 is because i have one so we could play together Johnny boyyy .. FYI im not a child stalker or flaming *YOU KNOW* person.

CutTheGrass
07-25-2008, 12:04 PM
the only reason to get a PS3 is for MGS4 and to use it as Blu-ray player. otherwise 360 has WAYYY better games: Halo 3, Gears of War 1 & 2 (when its released), and the online experience is way better (even though xbox live costs a fee, and PS Network is free, $50 for a year is totally worth it). i bet ANY money that MGS4 will find its way to 360. Look at MGS2, it came out for xbox after it was on PS2 and it was a better version, so much so that they had to release the same version on ps2 so that sony fanboys wouldn't cry. I'm a converted sony fanboy. I used to like sony better then ms, but now its the other way around.

Look at ps3 and how much its trying to be like xbox 360, the trophies are blatent rip offs of achievements, and the PS3 Home is taking so long to come out. MS has the Party mode coming with the Fall 08 update and you're gonna be able to watch a movie with someone across the country and play games that award more than leaderboard ranks, real prizes. Until MS is ready to release their new system, 360 is the way to go.

360 also supports almost all the original xbox games, you gotta buy the high end ps3 to be backwards compatible. There are still some AWESOME xbox titles which work on 360 with a small update download and some PS2 titles, but guess what, you gotta buy the $600 PS3 to play those titles.. sad really because the Grand Theft Auto series (or the trilogy pack) would be a good buy. I guess MS cares more about their gamers than sony.. (Ironic really when you look at their operating systems.)

MaximoMilkman
07-25-2008, 12:16 PM
another thing about PS3 online.. Think about this guys WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GOT SOMETHING FOR FREE THAT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD. think about it no one hands out free stuff even R1 you have to do surveys or get refs to get points. So nothing free in live is of good quality

appearingr2d2
07-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Does Sony hold tournaments for games???

Heeeto
07-26-2008, 01:10 AM
I strongly recommend the ps3

while the xbox says theirs alot of interaction and online gameplay
it really isn't a big difference

360 fans exaggerate.. ALOT.

get a ps3, i bet you'll throw away your 360's

ps3 is more reliable and has the best graphics you'll see, considering you have an HDTV, like me.

Don't listen to these people saying to get 360's cause of this and that, the ps3 beats the 360 out of superiority in every way.

So it has games, so what? Ps3 has games too
360 has popular reviews, so what? everyone has a 360 cause it's cheap but wait a year people'll trade their 360's for ps3's. I own a ps3, and my cousin owned a 360 and trust me my ps3 breaks his 360's kneecaps anyday. Missing out on halo / GoW, so what? they are just sht games anyway. they're getting ffxiii? so what we'll have it too, except A LOT better graphics then theirs.

you want realistic gameplay that's worth a lot over the 360's noob graphics, get the ps3. and people are saying 360 is worth more the money, hell no, the ps3 is worth more bang for it's buck. See, 360 can't handle ****, microsoft can't make gaming consoles successful, they have so many drawbacks, errors, and overall stupid hardware problems.

ps3? none. it's perfect. Sony > Microsoft in gaming consoles.

Nite
07-26-2008, 01:55 AM
I strongly recommend the ps3

get a ps3, i bet you'll throw away your 360's

ps3 is more reliable and has the best graphics you'll see, considering you have an HDTV, like me.

Don't listen to these people saying to get 360's cause of this and that, the ps3 beats the 360 out of superiority in every way.

So it has games, so what? Ps3 has games too
360 has popular reviews, so what? everyone has a 360 cause it's cheap but wait a year people'll trade their 360's for ps3's. I own a ps3, and my cousin owned a 360 and trust me my ps3 breaks his 360's kneecaps anyday. Missing out on halo / GoW, so what? they are just sht games anyway. they're getting ffxiii? so what we'll have it too, except A LOT better graphics then theirs.

you want realistic gameplay that's worth a lot over the 360's noob graphics, get the ps3. and people are saying 360 is worth more the money, hell no, the ps3 is worth more bang for it's buck. See, 360 can't handle ****, microsoft can't make gaming consoles successful, they have so many drawbacks, errors, and overall stupid hardware problems.

ps3? none. it's perfect. Sony > Microsoft in gaming consoles.

Epic Win post, I fully agree with all you said

hightower
07-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Epic Win post, I fully agree with all you said

As do i, if you compare hardware, ps3 beats xbox hands down, meaning there is more potential you'll see being released in the next few months. So what if 360 has better online? It's been out longer (more players) and it's cheaper....

PS3 will come on leaps and bounds and turn from what is already a truly great console into a powerful gaming machine.

JS92
07-26-2008, 05:02 AM
yeh and the 360 has 2 year old software and it is still powering on!!!

This thread is getting stupid now!

SAULiO91
07-26-2008, 05:06 AM

ps3 is more reliable and has the best graphics

beats the 360 out of superiority in every way.

you want realistic gameplay that's worth a lot over the 360's noob graphics, get the ps3.

microsoft can't make gaming consoles successful, they have so many drawbacks, errors, and overall stupid hardware problems.

Right...

Firstly there is a huge difference in online gameplay - mainly due to the interaction between players and the way microsoft have made it easy to understand - i.e not over complicated

Secondly we dont exaggerate A LOT - well, most of us anyway

PS3 is more reliable? well 360 hs RRoD but i'll ask you - who here has a ps2 that still works? anyone?

Thirdly 'beats the 360 out of superiority in every way.' hmm, i already said the online is better and there is a wider range of games on the 360... soo?

Fourthly the graphics on 360 are much the same, if not exactly, the same as the PS3s graphics... so i dont know where you're getting those ideas from.
For example GTAIV exactly the same on both consoles.

And lastly i'll return to the previous generation of consoles - so more people had a ps2 at the time, but i'll bet theres twice as many working Xboxs out there than ps2s - also Xbox original had better games and was the first console with the built in harddrive idea which turned out to actually be the step forward - didn't it!?

so yeah, basically....

JS92
07-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Also, going on about SAULiO91 repsonse to graphics...the PS3 has Blu-Ray disk, which can hold up to 50GB!!!! The Xbox 360 has a satandard DVD disk, which maximum is 7.9Gb, And they manage to get the same graphics!!! WTF?? How stupid...its like they have wasted like an extra 40Gb on what??? Slow updates XD

InFamous805
07-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Alright im just going to post my full opinion here. I own both a Ps3 and 360. Here it goes:

I strongly suggest you get a 360. Not only does it have more games but it also has better online. I suggest trying it out before saying 360 owners exaggerate. Yes I understand it came out a year before. So what? So did the PS2 and the Sony Fanboys were all happy the PS2 beat the Xbox. And the PS3 does not produce better graphics all the time. The PS3 produces better graphics but mainly for its exclusives (Uncharted). But the 360 can do the same. The first real next gen game came out November 2006, Gears of War. While the PS3 was launching more people (magazines) were talking about how life like Gears looked. And it didn't have to install every chapter. Also, the PS3 has bluray and 50gb for every games. This is a great feature for PS3 gamers, but it isn't being used to produce as many high quality games as they could. And the 360 does get more exclusives. Oh and here are a couple reasons why online is better just to prove to you:

14 million users (duh)
Friends (private chat, game invites, video chat)
Achievements (people like to look at each others accomplishments)
Xbox Live Marketplace (Arcade, Microsoft Points, Movies, TV Shows, Gamer Pics, Demos, Add-ons)
Very easy to get started with friends and everything!
More games to play with more players basically

Yes, I know the PS3 will be getting most of this (except 14 or so million users, well not very soon) but the Xbox 360 is going to be getting an update this fall (netflix, more kid friendly games, more XBLA games, new easier dashboard and alot more)

The first week I couldn't get enough of my PS3, but after beating Uncharted, Ratchet, Heavenly Sword and Resistance I almost forgot about it. Then I got MGS 4, the story was incredible but it was like watching a movie (the cut scenes took forever) which is not a bad thing. But the story (gameplay wise) can be beaten in 5 to 7 hours (my brother beat it several times) the first time it took him around 10 (around the same it took me). And now my PS3 is picking up dust again.

The 360 is overall better for now, but since it did get ahead start it will be most likely stay a foot ahead of the PS3 for a long time.

JS92
07-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Alright im just going to post my full opinion here. I own both a Ps3 and 360. Here it goes:

I strongly suggest you get a 360. Not only does it have more games but it also has better online. I suggest trying it out before saying 360 owners exaggerate. Yes I understand it came out a year before. So what? So did the PS2 and the Sony Fanboys were all happy the PS2 beat the Xbox. And the PS3 does not produce better graphics all the time. The PS3 produces better graphics but mainly for its exclusives (Uncharted). But the 360 can do the same. The first real next gen game came out November 2006, Gears of War. While the PS3 was launching more people (magazines) were talking about how life like Gears looked. And it didn't have to install every chapter. Also, the PS3 has bluray and 50gb for every games. This is a great feature for PS3 gamers, but it isn't being used to produce as many high quality games as they could. And the 360 does get more exclusives. Oh and here are a couple reasons why online is better just to prove to you:

14 million users (duh)
Friends (private chat, game invites, video chat)
Achievements (people like to look at each others accomplishments)
Xbox Live Marketplace (Arcade, Microsoft Points, Movies, TV Shows, Gamer Pics, Demos, Add-ons)
Very easy to get started with friends and everything!
More games to play with more players basically

Yes, I know the PS3 will be getting most of this (except 14 or so million users, well not very soon) but the Xbox 360 is going to be getting an update this fall (netflix, more kid friendly games, more XBLA games, new easier dashboard and alot more)

The first week I couldn't get enough of my PS3, but after beating Uncharted, Ratchet, Heavenly Sword and Resistance I almost forgot about it. Then I got MGS 4, the story was incredible but it was like watching a movie (the cut scenes took forever) which is not a bad thing. But the story (gameplay wise) can be beaten in 5 to 7 hours (my brother beat it several times) the first time it took him around 10 (around the same it took me). And now my PS3 is picking up dust again.

The 360 is overall better for now, but since it did get ahead start it will be most likely stay a foot ahead of the PS3 for a long time.

Yup, i totally agree, and nice post!!!

Also, I hardly ever play Campaign, im just so addcited to xbox live!!!

hightower
07-26-2008, 07:27 AM
PS3 is more reliable? well 360 hs RRoD but i'll ask you - who here has a ps2 that still works? anyone?

I've never had a single problem with my ps1, ps2, psp and ps3.

InFamous805
07-26-2008, 08:03 AM
I've never had a single problem with my ps1, ps2, psp and ps3.

yeah but your just one person. im sure other people have had problems in the past, my cousins PSP broke a couple months ago. My PS3 broke a couple months ago too but they sent me a replacement. A lot of people have problems with consoles, no consoles are built unbreakable. Some break for no reason (like my PS3) and some just freeze up (like my Xbox 360).

Nite
07-27-2008, 10:53 AM
I still have a PS1 that works like new, no problems at all

vallu
07-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Never had one prob with my ps2 psp and ps3

vallu
07-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Right...

Firstly there is a huge difference in online gameplay - mainly due to the interaction between players and the way microsoft have made it easy to understand - i.e not over complicated

Secondly we dont exaggerate A LOT - well, most of us anyway

Thirdly 'beats the 360 out of superiority in every way.' hmm, i already said the online is better and there is a wider range of games on the 360... soo?

Fourthly the graphics on 360 are much the same, if not exactly, the same as the PS3s graphics... so i dont know where you're getting those ideas from.
For example GTAIV exactly the same on both consoles.

And lastly i'll return to the previous generation of consoles - so more people had a ps2 at the time, but i'll bet theres twice as many working Xboxs out there than ps2s - also Xbox original had better games and was the first console with the built in harddrive idea which turned out to actually be the step forward - didn't it!?

so yeah, basically....

Ive owned a ps2 for atleast 5+ years, works like new. ( I have a Fat One ) =]

trent.bentz
07-30-2008, 01:38 AM
xbox 360 is the best get it

comrade
08-07-2008, 03:29 AM
ps3 is indeed the better console which is the 1 that i have, also have the gtaiv on the 1st day
this game is pretty bull^^^^ anyway, i completed the missions and thats it, nothing else to do, isnt worth buying gtaiv

considering that i woke up in the morning of release at 6 o clock british time and when out and paid 45 quid!!!! for a peice of crap of a game, its all in the advertisements. its been hyped up for nearly 2 years by every gaming site on the planet. reading review after review. i was really pissed off after 2 weeks playing that game and thought to myself i am never gonna buy a game looking at its advertisements.
Nowadays, everytime i want to buy a game i do not buy them after reading a review, i think about what the game is about and would it keep me involved for quiet a while

Zidders
08-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Well I was previously a PS only kind of person. Kind of snobby with the "Xbox is copying by making another game system that does the same exact thing as my PS2" Then it came down to it. The new generation lines. Xbox 360 vs PS3. Both looked pretty equal so I said "Ok, what's the prices." $359 vs $599. Hmm. Let's see. They both do the same thing...which is allow me to play games.... One number is bigger than the other... Xbox 360 won.

comrade, I completely agree with you! I am trading it in soon, as I speak! Trying to get a full value on what I got it for...it sucks! I did the first part of the storyline, drive the guy someplace, then I couldn't find where to go next. Hours driving around the city, shooting pedestrians and whatnot, NOT WORTH IT. I am trading it in for Fable 2, which is the kind of games that I DO like. (Also, on Xbox Live, GTAIV had too many little kids saying the 'N' word. Being a non- "average" African-American, I let it slide many times with out saying a word.) Until this one kid said it after every other word, while we were racing -.-. Like the adult I am, I cursed him out and shut off my Xbox 360 before I had a chance to throw it across the room. I am sticking to what I like. Good ol' fashion RPGs. It is where "my" people are =). I love RPG communities :D

CaptainStockholm
08-07-2008, 06:57 AM
You should get a ps3 because of assassins creed

InFamous805
08-07-2008, 06:59 AM
wow, I cant believe this thread is still going, johnny already got banned anyways.

IxXxGJMxXxI
08-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Just remember the 360 has better games than the PS3.:thumbs

hightower
08-08-2008, 02:05 AM
You should get a ps3 because of assassins creed

Which is also out on the xbox 360.....

But, if anyone gets a PS3, you can all lose to me online! :D

narutoball
08-08-2008, 05:18 AM
I briefly read through this topic and didn't see too many valid points that didn't have a hint of fan boy in them (there were some good points made though).

I own a Ps3 and a 360 (along with a wii) and i would reccomend buying the 360 really without a doubt. Most games that are out for the ps3 are all multi platforms that you can purchase on the 360 (assassins creed, Oblivion, call of duty 4, Battlefield bad company etc..). What sets the consoles apart is definately the exclusives and the online.

The PS3 IS getting exclusives, but if you went to the store right now would you be able to purchase a good line up of exclusives, not particularly (ratchet and clank, drakes fortune, mgs4.) All the Games that will help the PS3 are coming in the near future, but if you went to the store and bought a 360 you would get way more play time and value out of it with a great line up of games. The 360s future is looking very nice with some great exclusives such as Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts N' Bolts, Fable 2, Fallout 3 (content wise it was annoucened to have a huge amount for the 360 only), Gears of war 2 (i'm not really going to pimp this since i'm not that much of an avid fan of the series) The new Portal game etc. Seriously has no one meantioned GTA IV and the exclusive DLC that is going to add 10 more hours of play time to it?! I'm surprised since GTA IV is a great game and getting it for the 360 is the best decision all around. More exclusive titles that i haven't seen anymore meantion is the new set of RPGS coming, i'm a big fan of these and it really is pimpin' to get some of these great titles such as "tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, The Last Remenant and fable 2. All coming to the 360 exclusively for now for some games and forever for others. Halo 3 is an alright game in my opinion as its just fun to play with some friends, i don't play competitively on it but i still enjoy it. Of course FFXIII is coming to the 360 as well, so another blow to the ps3's exclusive line up.

The online king is obviously the 360, its layout is great and it has new content updates every day. Online gameplay is smooth and is really built around the experience. On an 8mb connection i downloaded the blue dragon demo (1.3gig) in just under 20 minutes, it took 25 minutes for me to download the new Naruto Ultimate Ninja storm demo on PSN which is 500mb. Microsoft have built the console so it can be picked up and played with ease and no need to configure NAT settings. What i'm surprised is how people are not talking about the other factors of xbox live that are amazing! Theres new demos nearly every other day with a library of over 200 demos to download for free, along with movies, developer interviews, trailers, DLC fan content and more. The new service microsoft are offering is for new programers to upload ther games to xbox live for free download and play. The 360 has alot of online gaming options from conferences with friends to privacy settings and feedback along with voice chat and file sharing.

When looking at the games avaliable right now and the content avaliable for the xbox 360, it overtakes the PS3 by a large margin, but the PS3 is building up the pace and in the future with its exclusive titles it will be worth it, but for now it doesn't hold that much over the 360. Who cares if you pay for online pay? 5 bucks a month is nothing and your getting your moneys worth all the way.
I have had a 360 since the day it launched and it has not red ringed me once, I have another 360 (my own) which i had bought in march this year and it is running fine with no problems. Microsofts return policy is great with 3 years of cover when it can only take a week to get the 360 back, Heck with the ps3 if you put a disc in upside down it breaks the ps3 as the it will not spit out the disc, furthermore my just simply switching it off at the back without shutting it down first can break it permanatly. Sony actually charges you for to send the console back to be fixed.

Overall I highly reccomend getting an Xbox 360, picking it up now it has a great line up ready to go and gives you a much better experience than any of the other consoles, at a much cheaper price you can easily afford more games and live to get yourself gaming.

Hope this has helped...and man....that was longer than i thought it would be XD. Hope that gives some more valid points that people aren't meantiong. I have had 3 ps2s, all of thme broken ;_;. My wii thought has fallen over off th eself and table so many times but it still plays like a bish O:

Eric gimme yo GT D:

ImpacT
08-08-2008, 06:50 AM
360 Is T3h 1337