PDA

View Full Version : PS3 playstation network still down after 3 days

M9Timmy
04-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know the real story behind the PSN outage?

Updated: May 5th (Cinco de Mayo)

Hacker Group Anonymous was behind the attack. Apparently this notorious hacking group hacked the PSN and to make sure everyone knew it was them, they uploaded a file titled "Anonymous" with the text "We are Legion". I google searched "Anonymous We are Legion" and it brought me to a page with a little information about Anonymous. Check out the page here:

http://www.yalelawtech.org/anonymity-online-identity/we-are-anonymous-we-are-legion/

Also check out the apparent message the hacking group sent Sony:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/05/anonymous-sony-is-incompetent-and-we-dont-steal-credit-cards.ars

Also the creepy Anonymous cyber stalking and cyber attacking of Sony Employees and their families:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/04/anonymous-goes-after-sony-makes-it-personal-very-personal.ars

Or maybe Sony finally realized that the 360 is a million times better then the GayS3 and they decided to shut down the PSN's so more people will convert to the 360 (they like customer happiness you see) and the story about the hackers is just so they can hide the shame and embarssment of being beat by microsoft (which has a lot of shame mind you... I HATE microsoft! But I like the 360 :3)!

I did not ask this question for a whole bunch of stupid console fan boys to come along and rave about how much one console is better than the other. Seriously, what is the point?

Leki
04-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Its because they merged/allowed steam.
>>>Portal 2<<<

Hacked got in through steam to PSN network.

Go to www.ign.com for more information and updates.

Abihail2
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
They got owned by hackers, and shut down their servers to be safe. Or some **** like that, I dunno.

meepfeet
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Or maybe Sony finally realized that the 360 is a million times better then the GayS3 and they decided to shut down the PSN's so more people will convert to the 360 (they like customer happiness you see) and the story about the hackers is just so they can hide the shame and embarssment of being beat by microsoft (which has a lot of shame mind you... I HATE microsoft! But I like the 360 :3)!

Mason
04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
not quite sure but it was on the news because my mom came into my bedroom and asked if the thing i always play is a ps3, apparently they got hacked and if you have a credit card on your psn your at risk, i dont know completely what happend but thats what my mom told me

Stay weiRd
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
That's just stupid. Even if it was sarcasm, a joke, or serious it's just stupid...

Leki
04-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Watch out Xbox is getting attacked now.

Billinator
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Good thing I don't play 360 that much, honestly though, people who hack are just nerds who can't get money or girls.

TiN TiN
04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Good thing I don't play 360 that much, honestly though, people who hack are just nerds who can't get money or girls.

A lot of people say that but with something big like that it's usually to send some message. Before the servers were actually down I heard Anon was threatening to do it so it wouldn't surprise me if they were responsible.

But before people come in and hate on anon they have done some good things with their hacking lol.

lewis_yates
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
is psn back on yet ?

Leki
05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Not yet. Read your other thread.

M9Timmy
05-05-2011, 07:49 PM

I did not ask this question for a whole bunch of stupid console fan boys to come along and rave about how much one console is better than the other. Seriously, what is the point?

Callum
05-06-2011, 05:00 AM

I bet you're an extremely handsome man, with the body of a greek god, who has an amazing job and the girls just fall at your feet?

M9Timmy
05-06-2011, 07:52 AM
I bet you're an extremely handsome man, with the body of a greek god, who has an amazing job and the girls just fall at your feet?

lol

Billinator
05-06-2011, 08:18 AM

LOL I am VERY handsome, all I need is a job.

pudge1
05-06-2011, 12:45 PM

lol If you honestly think the 360 is better than the PS3 you are a dumb ass. Your obviously just a little Microsoft fanboy throwing in that little I Hate Microsoft at the end to make it seem like you aren't. I like the 360, its a great system and has great games, but truth be told the PS3 is just better on so many levels.

Callum
05-06-2011, 02:38 PM
lol If you honestly think the 360 is better than the PS3 you are a dumb ass. Your obviously just a little Microsoft fanboy throwing in that little I Hate Microsoft at the end to make it seem like you aren't. I like the 360, its a great system and has great games, but truth be told the PS3 is just better on so many levels.

Are you seriously igniting the console wars? It's personal preference...

Mason
05-07-2011, 04:14 AM
PSN is like your mom, you pay her nothing... and she still goes down

Heaven Katana
05-07-2011, 07:01 AM
PSN is like your mom, you pay her nothing... and she still goes down

Haha

Lmao :lol

Cookman
05-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Haha

Lmao :lol

Shut up dude...

And I want psn back already :/

Heaven Katana
05-07-2011, 10:38 AM
shut up dude...

And i want psn back already :/

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

:smile

Billinator
05-07-2011, 08:38 PM
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

:smile

You think your all tough? You waste your time doing sh*t like this. No one thinks this is funny.

Heaven Katana
05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
You think your all tough? You waste your time doing sh*t like this. No one thinks this is funny.

Lmao

Who said it was funny?

Mindraider
05-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know the real story behind the PSN outage?

Updated: May 5th (Cinco de Mayo)

Hacker Group Anonymous was behind the attack. Apparently this notorious hacking group hacked the PSN and to make sure everyone knew it was them, they uploaded a file titled "Anonymous" with the text "We are Legion". I google searched "Anonymous We are Legion" and it brought me to a page with a little information about Anonymous. Check out the page here:

http://www.yalelawtech.org/anonymity-online-identity/we-are-anonymous-we-are-legion/

Also check out the apparent message the hacking group sent Sony:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/05/anonymous-sony-is-incompetent-and-we-dont-steal-credit-cards.ars

Also the creepy Anonymous cyber stalking and cyber attacking of Sony Employees and their families:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/04/anonymous-goes-after-sony-makes-it-personal-very-personal.ars

Actually if you research a little more you will find out that Anonymous didnt bring the server down this time. The group explained that they didnt do it in their facebook page. A rogue hacker went into the system and took data files from all of sony's customers. Sony went done to rebuild their network.
Although, Cloud Ec2 servers had a meltdown and Sony's PS3 network could have been hosted on those servers.

dnlagha
05-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Just Move Over To Steam Its Great better Then XBl
:furious3:

Bobbyloujo
05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Just Move Over To Steam Its Great better Then XBl
:furious3:

What are you talking about? Steam is for computer games only and XBL has nothing to do with what everyone's talking about.

Baller12
05-19-2011, 05:48 PM
It's back now!

Sandstorm
05-21-2011, 01:35 AM
It's back now!

You registered just to say that?

Thats
05-23-2011, 03:42 AM
You registered just to say that?

Seems like a better reason to register than most people have.

d875j
05-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Steam is ****y no offense and PC plays game maxed out.

helpme123
05-29-2011, 05:39 AM
does anyone know wen we get our free playstation plus pack for free and the games which we get for free ? Thanks

d875j
05-29-2011, 08:58 AM
They just lied to the public what i heard.

helpme123
05-29-2011, 09:01 AM
They just lied to the public what i heard.

how can they lie :( we the public got hacked some of us - they should giv compsensation or some kinda free thing wanted free ps plus

d875j
05-29-2011, 09:55 AM
how can they lie :( we the public got hacked some of us - they should giv compsensation or some kinda free thing wanted free ps plus

Yes,but we never got the free stuff as promised and i think they owe us more then what they said for that extra delay.

helpme123
05-29-2011, 10:01 AM
i hope they do , i want the free games lol and the ps plus - how long :( and tbh i dont think they will giv us any more than that

d875j
05-29-2011, 10:41 AM
i hope they do , i want the free games lol and the ps plus - how long :( and tbh i dont think they will giv us any more than that

Well lets hope.