PDA

View Full Version : Quit gaming

Callum
04-03-2011, 01:24 AM
I used to play 4-5 hours of xbox a day, which means if I come in from college at 4ish, I play for 5 hours and it's 9 before you know it, time just flies, I never quit due to myself knowing I played too much, I quit because every game is ****, ha.

It frees up so much time, I haven't played in about 2 weeks, and since then I have started : The gym, playing / learning poker again, won £150 in an MTT the other week :). I seem to be getting on much better with my college course, have an awesome social life now, I've been out the last 2 Fridays and Saturdays, and have much more self confidence. I'm even thinking about getting a part time job.

Probably sounds like a bragging thread, but if you fall into the same category I did, playing 4+ hours a day on games, try and free up some time for activities that actually matter. It really brightens up your life :)

Anatomy
04-03-2011, 01:40 AM
i feel you, lately it's like I keep finding an excuse not to play as much or even bother turning on the damn thing lol

Fogfactor
04-03-2011, 06:18 AM
This is my daily schedule;

Go to school
Go to work
Go to gym
Get back around 8pm
play videogames
And would like to be in bed around 10-11 otherwise i sleep in.
so quitting videogames is quitting the only thing that makes my life interesting.

FaRdDiN
04-03-2011, 08:56 AM
i quit last december, havent touched my xbox at all since then.

Mason
04-03-2011, 08:57 AM
i somewhat stopped playing xbox but i started playing runescape again, i only game in my free time though, i have a good social life

pyromcr
04-04-2011, 06:54 PM
i dont think i will ever fully quit gaming, but it have practically quit xbox. there are no good games on that system or ANY console for that matter. i am only on the PC now...

Hope
04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
lol my dad takes my cord during the week. anyone else feel really lonely on weekdays? its school then alone from 530 to the next day

lolwut?
04-04-2011, 07:51 PM
lol my dad takes my cord during the week. anyone else feel really lonely on weekdays? its school then alone from 530 to the next day

that's why i got a job. now im far from bored and getting paid to do it

Hope
04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
that's why i got a job. now im far from bored and getting paid to do it

what do you do?

wickedlycool
04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Only play BattleField Play4Free, Playing Crysis2 Aswell.
But haven't played Crysis2 for a few days.

Only play battlefield because I don't have Xbox Live ¬_¬

lolwut?
04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
what do you do?

car wash. **** work, **** people, dank ass cash.

Asexual
04-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I dont see why you'd quit playing video games?

is it because society tells us it's time to grow up?

**** that ****

I'll play video games until i'm too senile to understand whats going on

Razrbackfan5
04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I dont see why you'd quit playing video games?

is it because society tells us it's time to grow up?

**** that ****

I'll play video games until i'm too senile to understand whats going on

I quit because for one I dont have the time and two they just dont interest me anymore for some reason. Its weird I always thought I would play video games all my life when I was like 12 but now I have kind of grown out of them. I enjoy being out of the house waaaay more

Asexual
04-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I quit because for one I dont have the time and two they just dont interest me anymore for some reason. Its weird I always thought I would play video games all my life when I was like 12 but now I have kind of grown out of them. I enjoy being out of the house waaaay more

because they are running out of ideas for good games

Anatomy
04-04-2011, 09:25 PM
i will never stop playing, i am too competive to quit
:/

Billinator
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
I find games more enjoyable when I don't play them for a long time. I probably have about $2,000 worth of games and systems on the shelves.

Razrbackfan5
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
because they are running out of ideas for good games

Same goes for movies

Eric Sherman
04-06-2011, 07:49 PM
I gave up gaming in college. Now I only play sports games when friends and I are bored. Usually not too often and not on weekends unless we are using it for pregaming method.

I don't think I'll be able to get back into gaming. I'd much rather go workout or something now. Better myself and not focus on gaming.

R1-Raper
04-07-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't play video games, I play real life!
Seriously though, would you rather sit in your house playing Assassins Creed all day, or go outside and do it yourself?!
I'm a casual gamer. The max I'll play video games has gotta be about 1-2 hours throughout a whole week, if that.

wickedlycool
04-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I don't play video games, I play real life!
Seriously though, would you rather sit in your house playing Assassins Creed all day, or go outside and do it yourself?!
I'm a casual gamer. The max I'll play video games has gotta be about 1-2 hours throughout a whole week, if that.

Thanks for the idea,
*Equips Hidden Blade*, Goodbye ;)

CDZoro
04-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I actually planning on selling my Xbox360 cuz I dont play anymore, besides i have PS3 I dont wanna spend on xbox live sh*t anymore so I might sell it... but you know that feeling of "love" with an object makes it hard haha

My schedule is actually like this

9am - 1:30pm School
then I watch some TV or One Piece episodes lol
do my homework ( you know facebook, msn meanwhile you're doing it)
check if i have work (repair computer and stuff, thats how im earning money :3)
go to crossfit(gym)(7pm-8pm)
bath
dinner
sleep...

nothin much really lol but I dont play games anymore only when i have more free time and very bored i play like 3 search and destroy matches on black ops lolz

stoptherockets94
04-12-2011, 04:48 AM
I quit doing rewards1, xbox 360, world of warcraft... now I have a job. Got over $7,000 made so far.

Edit - Bought a four wheeler and car. Get a job and play in moderation = best bet.

Stay weiRd
04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I quit doing rewards1, xbox 360, world of warcraft... now I have a job. Got over $7,000 made so far.

Edit - Bought a four wheeler and car. Get a job and play in moderation = best bet.
Some people aren't of age to get certain jobs. You have to remember that the people R1 Forums are filled with teens =/

Kieran
04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I got my first paycheck today. I took my girlfriend out for dinner, and I'm back at work again tomorrow, 8am. I'm even doing over-time tomorrow, so I'll be finishing at 6. Freakin' ten hour work day, suck mah balls.

Stay weiRd
04-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I got my first paycheck today. I took my girlfriend out for dinner, and I'm back at work again tomorrow, 8am. I'm even doing over-time tomorrow, so I'll be finishing at 6. Freakin' ten hour work day, suck mah balls.
Give me your job then :(

Callum
04-14-2011, 03:17 AM
I gave up gaming in college. Now I only play sports games when friends and I are bored. Usually not too often and not on weekends unless we are using it for pregaming method.

I don't think I'll be able to get back into gaming. I'd much rather go workout or something now. Better myself and not focus on gaming.

Yeah man, I have more motivation to exercise than ever before.

TiN TiN
04-14-2011, 05:32 AM
I get paid to play so I'm fine with it.

Kieran
04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Just bought a moped, £1500, just filled it up with £4.99 worth of petrol, and the petrol gauge is full. I also just rode to my girlfriends place which is a twenty mile round trip, and it didn't even touch the fuel gauge. yeaaahhhhh

R1-Raper
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
lmao. Imagine driving and your sitting behind a slow ass moped. XD

Anatomy
04-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I get paid to play so I'm fine with it.

get paid to play what though?

Kieran
04-14-2011, 09:37 PM
laugh all you want, I'm getting over 100 miles out of a tank which costs like £8 to fill up completely. I don't have to buy a ticket to park it, and they're economical as ****.

TiN TiN
04-15-2011, 01:15 PM
get paid to play what though?

Anything as long as it gets recorded and put into a video.

laugh all you want, I'm getting over 100 miles out of a tank which costs like £8 to fill up completely. I don't have to buy a ticket to park it, and they're economical as ****.

Until you get hit.

Kieran
04-15-2011, 02:50 PM
you don't just buy a moped and ride it. you've got to have a CBT certificate. that way, and with a helmet, gloves, jacket, trousers and the like, you're fully protected in case of an accident.

TiN TiN
04-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Still wouldn't protect you much if you got hit. I know the odds are slim and you can be safe but that doesn't mean every other driver is. But then again I'm use to seeing horrible driving here.