PDA

View Full Version : what do you hate in CoD and Halo Reach?

Arch Angel
02-25-2011, 08:52 PM
CoD: Panic Knifes
****ty Snipers
****ty hit detection with snipers
AK74u
Crazy hit-boxes

Reach:Armor Lock
Bloom on Precision wep.
Infection
No Real Ranked Playlists (arena is ****, and not 1-50.)

TheRiGuy
02-25-2011, 10:02 PM
CoD always felt more like it was trying to be a simulator rather then a game, I don't play any of the CoD's anymore so I can't point out anything in specific that I hate

Halo Reach, I really don't like the bloom, the armor lock and the rank system as you mentioned but I also don't like that sticking people seems to be a lot easier then Halo 3 and I hate how unbalanced some of the maps are especially for doubles

Blockis
02-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Feel like Halo's been milked dry.

Blockis

Arch Angel
02-25-2011, 10:08 PM
CoD always felt more like it was trying to be a simulator rather then a game, I don't play any of the CoD's anymore so I can't point out anything in specific that I hate

Halo Reach, I really don't like the bloom, the armor lock and the rank system as you mentioned but I also don't like that sticking people seems to be a lot easier then Halo 3 and I hate how unbalanced some of the maps are especially for doubles

I agree. In TS, it seems like what team your on determines the outcome, especially Pinnacle. And yea, they increased the hit boxes for sticks to lean to more casual players. I think Bungie failed on Reach because they tossed aside the smaller community of Competetive players for the larger community of Casual ones, note to everything being easier (sticking, sniping, etc.) and then the fail of Arena (tossed aside visable 1-50 TrueSkill for a broken non-visable one and then ****ty rankings (bronze,Steel,gold,onyx,and then 1 other I forget.) I think people didn't like TrueSkill showing becuase it was too accurate and people didn't want to be labeledvas good or bad before the match even started.

Arch Angel
02-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Also, I think infection could be alot better, just fix the Bulltrue glitch, stop making the maps completely 100% favor the humans, stop zombies from ****ing rolling of the edge with evade, and make better game types. For those that played Halo 3, remember playing Ratsnest Infection on the zombie gametype where zombies were invisible with Gravity Hammers and moved slow as hell
as you rode in circles with a mongoose/warthog? or playing that one on sandbox where there was a giant house in the sky as zombies flew over from man-cannons, or being forced to save your ammo in save on bullet? The variey of the gametypes, and actually needing to struggle as a human to stay alive with awesome custom maps in Halo 3 was awesome. in Reach, they throw you in a non edited human favored map with a sword and no real fun :(

TheRiGuy
02-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Also, I think infection could be alot better, just fix the Bulltrue glitch, stop making the maps completely 100% favor the humans, stop zombies from ****ing rolling of the edge with evade, and make better game types. For those that played Halo 3, remember playing Ratsnest Infection on the zombie gametype where zombies were invisible with Gravity Hammers and moved slow as hell
as you rode in circles with a mongoose/warthog? or playing that one on sandbox where there was a giant house in the sky as zombies flew over from man-cannons, or being forced to save your ammo in save on bullet? The variey of the gametypes, and actually needing to struggle as a human to stay alive with awesome custom maps in Halo 3 was awesome. in Reach, they throw you in a non edited human favored map with a sword and no real fun :(
lol I didn't even know that Reach had an infection mode :rolleyes2: only time I play Reach is when I have a friend/friends over and we only play duds/TS

and that map in the sky on Halo 3 was called "Spooky House" I think and was by far the worst infection map lol especially on brains mode lol

Arch Angel
02-25-2011, 10:30 PM
It was better then ****ing rolling of the edge trying to get up a tower with 1 entrance while 5 guys camp through a while and from above

Mason
02-26-2011, 02:46 AM
are the snipers bad? or are you just bad with the snipers, you cant really complain about weapons, with the exception or explosives or the smg thats overused in each game (mp5-mp40-ump45-ak74u)

i myself prefer the call of duty series over halo, call of duty is way more fun in my opinion, im not a fan of games that arent, well somewhat realistic i guess, what i mean by that is. call of duty is humans and halo is.. uhh stupid not real stuff

Anatomy
02-26-2011, 02:54 AM
when a game pisses you off. lose on purpose.
best feeling in the world watching everyone nerdrage<3

Callum
02-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Nothing it's a game, I play to enjoy.

Max Galleio
02-26-2011, 05:16 AM
I could say the same thing as callum, but I must say a few things in CoD kinda irk me:

The amount of annoying bellend 12 year olds that are apart of clans and think they are all that. (targeting them and only them brings me great joy)
In hardcore, I am more prone to paying attention to footsteps rather the usual stuff you have in reg deathmatch, and I end up shooting a few of my own teammates :(
ALMOST EVERYBODY SUCKS AT ZOMBIES.
Usually, there is that one person whom is always down and you always have to revive them. This ends up being me half the time due to lag.
LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG (my Internet is pretty fast and my connection usually the most stable)

I have only played reach with my cousin once and a few times with a friend so I have nothing to say about reach.

TiN TiN
02-26-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm sick of it too. Reach has issues too. It seems like theres the "good" games that come out nowadays always has something that will make me rage.

Just find something different to play. Gears, Fallout, Mass Effect, ect. There's plenty of games. Try out some games that aren't your style. Try downloading the trial game of Stacking. That game is pretty unique and original filled with puzzle solving which I usually don't play but I'm tempted to buy it.

However don't do something like ***** about MW2, then ***** about Black Ops, then just go straight back to MW2. I don't understand why people do this...

Max Galleio
02-26-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm sick of it too. Reach has issues too. It seems like theres the "good" games that come out nowadays always has something that will make me rage.

Just find something different to play. Gears, Fallout, Mass Effect, ect. There's plenty of games. Try out some games that aren't your style. Try downloading the trial game of Stacking. That game is pretty unique and original filled with puzzle solving which I usually don't play but I'm tempted to buy it.

However don't do something like ***** about MW2, then ***** about Black Ops, then just go straight back to MW2. I don't understand why people do this...

Having a wii, I have no choice but to wait for releases like the conduit 2 and Zelda: ss to come out.

Though I have found nice time wasters playing a few games I downloaded.

Callum
02-26-2011, 09:31 AM
If anything annoys you then you should stop playing IMO.

Anatomy
02-26-2011, 10:37 AM
If anything annoys you then you should stop playing IMO.

but no matter what, you can't sit there and bull**** saying you haven't raged over **** before.
it's natural to do so.

Callum
02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
but no matter what, you can't sit there and bull**** saying you haven't raged over **** before.
it's natural to do so.

I do get angry, a lot. Whenever I get angry I just turn off my xbox after that game, or do a different gametype / game.

Arch Angel
02-26-2011, 12:05 PM
are the snipers bad? or are you just bad with the snipers, you cant really complain about weapons, with the exception or explosives or the smg thats overused in each game (mp5-mp40-ump45-ak74u)

i myself prefer the call of duty series over halo, call of duty is way more fun in my opinion, im not a fan of games that arent, well somewhat realistic i guess, what i mean by that is. call of duty is humans and halo is.. uhh stupid not real stuff

In Blackops, trying to quickscope or not, the hitboxes are **** when it comes to snipers, and the sway and curving bullets are a problem to, but those wont be fixed because treyarch purposley put them in there.

jkernan7553
02-26-2011, 12:08 PM
In Blackops, trying to quickscope or not, the hitboxes are **** when it comes to snipers, and the sway and curving bullets are a problem to, but those wont be fixed because treyarch purposley put them in there.

As if bullets irl go 100% straight

Arch Angel
02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
As if bullets irl go 100% straight

It's a game, not real life.

jkernan7553
02-26-2011, 12:22 PM
It's a game, not real life.

The #1 complaint about WaW was it wasn't realistic. They obviously listened.

Max Galleio
02-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Just a quick question, in black ops zombies when you get perks, can you have more than one at one time?

For example in multiplayer if you drink quick revive and then go get a speedy cola, will you have the quick revive powers as well as the quicker reloading?

Callum
02-26-2011, 12:36 PM
It's a game, in which you RESPAWN! Why would anyone want it to be realistic.

Edit - @ Max, yes you can have all of them at once.

wilmomannn
02-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Just a quick question, in black ops zombies when you get perks, can you have more than one at one time?

For example in multiplayer if you drink quick revive and then go get a speedy cola, will you have the quick revive powers as well as the quicker reloading?

Yeah do you not have cod7

TiN TiN
02-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah do you not have cod7

He only has a Wii.

Max Galleio
02-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I have black ops for wii. Lol I finally got more than one perk and it injected a whole new level of fun into the game.

Hardcore modes, gun game, and zombies are the only thing I play since those hold the most interest.

TiN TiN
02-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Hardcore modes

So is you like to camp?

meepfeet
02-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Cod:
Bad hosts
2nd Chance
RC cars
Too many 4 year olds

Halo (from what I played):
Too many 4 year olds
Armor Lock
Teamkillers
Warhammer/Sword (wayy to cheap)

Arch Angel
02-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Cod:
Bad hosts
2nd Chance
RC cars
Too many 12 year olds

Too many 12 year olds
Armor Lock
Teamkillers
Gravity Hammer/Sword (wayy to cheap)

Fixed .

TiN TiN
02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Cod:
Bad hosts
2nd Chance
RC cars
Too many 4 year olds

Too many 4 year olds
Armor Lock
Teamkillers
Warhammer/Sword (wayy to cheap)

Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed, except I barely notice them.

I barely see kids playing Halo anymore
Armor Lock is meh
Teamkillers, I rarely get
Hammer/sword isn't cheap, considering you can cancel it and not many maps have a hammer. Sword is usually easy to take out with teamwork.

wilmomannn
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Cod:
Bad hosts (Yes)
2nd Chance (OK)
RC cars (OK)
Too many 4 year olds (Yes)

Too many 4 year olds (Not at all)
Armor Lock (Yes)
Teamkillers (OK)
Warhammer/Sword (wayy to cheap) (No its like cod shotguns)

Max Galleio
02-26-2011, 05:35 PM
So is you like to camp?

Not usually. Sometimes if I am sniping, but usually I am running around with an enfield raping the opposing team.

Lions
02-26-2011, 07:59 PM
kids .

meepfeet
02-27-2011, 06:51 AM
kids .

lol I repped you :D

RobSchn
02-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Your mom?:shocked3:

Aeronaut
03-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Nothing it's a game, I play to enjoy.

I 100% agree. I also play for my enjoyment...if you don't enjoy the game. sell it?

d875j
03-18-2011, 04:56 PM
I 100% agree. I also play for my enjoyment...if you don't enjoy the game. sell it?

No WE WANT CALL OF DUTY GAMES FREE ROAM it gets boring following game.

pyromcr
03-18-2011, 05:44 PM
COD:
Community
Map pack prices
instant knife kills
crappy hit detection

Halo Reach:
Everything, most disappointing game of 2010 and possible of all time.

Max Galleio
03-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I hate the random freezeups. I actually start beasting, for once get a Zeus Cannon AND an x-2 ray gun and hear a high pitch noise emit from my tv as the game is frozen.

Lions
03-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Y'know you guys can say whatever you want about the AK74u being noob, I have now decided I hate the Commando more than any other weapon.

d875j
03-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Y'know you guys can say whatever you want about the AK74u being noob, I have now decided I hate the Commando more than any other weapon.

I hate just scripted shooting games not fun.

Nuyz
03-30-2011, 03:03 PM
There is no "better" game, it is purely opinion.

In my opinion, Halo is my favorite game, simply because it isn't realistic. I find playing a game that limits itself to try and be realistic is somewhat boring.

I like when game developers think outside of reality.

wickedlycool
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Halo Reach : If you have a Unlimited jet pack, You can't stay at the top of the Altitude limit without going out of bounds ¬_¬