PDA

View Full Version : ** Ps3 VS Xbox 360 **

MaximoMilkman
07-10-2008, 06:01 AM
So i wanted to see what your input is to this. Personally i think both are FANTASTIC. Both have there pros and cons. But in the end i think the 360 is better for a GAMER and the PS3 is better for people into entertainment such as MOVIES MUSIC INTERNET.. Microsoft said they dont want to put all that junk into the 360 because there not trying to make a PC were trying to make a GAMING SYSTEM if you want a PC go and buy one.. its so true.. SONY is trying to make like a gaming/PC thing when Microsoft is just focused on gaming.. Xbox live is 10x better than PS3 NETWORK.. 360 has better games out currently and will have better games in the near future.. personally the only games i know about for the PS3 are Little big planet MGS4 Resistance and Gran turismo.. thats pretty much all the exclusives everything else is DUAL platform.. oh and all you blu ray fans.. 50GB is nothing PIONEER has found a way to make a 400GB disc and im pretty sure when the new consoles come out that microsoft can make something crazy happen with like 100 GB discs.
although the 360 does break ALOT.. *Nearly all my friends 360 break in one way or another your system will be back in like 2 weeks plus usually free of charge** Mine broke once disk tray problem my dads broke like last week with a Graphics card problem.. im definite that in the microsofts next console will be near impossible to break.. One thing i LOVE to do when PS3 fanboys get all techy and are like ps3 has like 4 CPU'S im just like why dont you just buy a rockin PC .. PC'S can never be beaten.. WITHOUT A DOUBT the PC OWNS PS3 AND 360.. i dont have a rig to play them.. but ive seen them and they are WAY better than CONSOLE games i LOVE MODS for like CS SOURCE and TF2 MODS and mods all around i love customization..

400GB DISC ARTICLE.

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9984811-1.html

JS92
07-11-2008, 06:18 AM
I still love playing my 360...well why shouldnt I? Ive had no problems with mine at all.
Well my Hard Drive failed on me, but they sent me a new one for free...so where the problem?
You see, 360 was bought out BEFORE blu-ray so it could only use DVD format...thats why the content capability is so small...thats why most games cant support up 1080p, however there are some games that can.
Also I dont understand why they chose Blu-Ray over HD-DVD!!! I mean, you could get a HD-DVD Player for, at the most, £300. If you want a Blu-Ray Player, the cheapest is the PS3!!! At £450!!! And if you dont want a PS3 but want a Blu-Ray player, then you would need to buy a Blu-Ray player at about £800, cheapest!!! Makes no sense to me what so ever!
But thats how Sony go about these days! They bum up to the companies to push Blu-Ray as their prefered format, eg Warner Bros, they, in the beginning, supported the HD-DVD as it was cheap, reliable and suitable for the job...sony come along with a fancy name "Blu-Ray" and suddenly, there are major companies sayin, yeh this is the bst format...F**K HD-DVD!

Well me rant is not over...but its going to have to be...i CBA type all day!

hightower
07-11-2008, 06:44 AM
I still love playing my 360...well why shouldnt I? Ive had no problems with mine at all.
Well my Hard Drive failed on me, but they sent me a new one for free...so where the problem?
You see, 360 was bought out BEFORE blu-ray so it could only use DVD format...thats why the content capability is so small...thats why most games cant support up 1080p, however there are some games that can.
Also I dont understand why they chose Blu-Ray over HD-DVD!!! I mean, you could get a HD-DVD Player for, at the most, £300. If you want a Blu-Ray Player, the cheapest is the PS3!!! At £450!!! And if you dont want a PS3 but want a Blu-Ray player, then you would need to buy a Blu-Ray player at about £800, cheapest!!! Makes no sense to me what so ever!
But thats how Sony go about these days! They bum up to the companies to push Blu-Ray as their prefered format, eg Warner Bros, they, in the beginning, supported the HD-DVD as it was cheap, reliable and suitable for the job...sony come along with a fancy name "Blu-Ray" and suddenly, there are major companies sayin, yeh this is the bst format...F**K HD-DVD!

Well me rant is not over...but its going to have to be...i CBA type all day!

Well seeing as the ps3 is about £290 you're wrong. And you can get a sony bluray player for less than that nowadays.

JS92
07-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Well seeing as the ps3 is about £290 you're wrong. And you can get a sony bluray player for less than that nowadays.

oh they lowered the price...its cus the absolutly rediculous price stuck in my head when I heard/saw it!!! :)

hightower
07-11-2008, 07:37 AM
oh they lowered the price...its cus the absolutly rediculous price stuck in my head when I heard/saw it!!! :)

Yeah i think they lowered because as the ps3 came out, so did so many more bluray dvd's....that's my guess anyway....and because they were ridiculously expensive!

B0yfresh
07-11-2008, 08:21 AM
If you look at all the accesiors and point cards.... in the long run the 360 will cost you more then an ps3

JS92
07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
If you look at all the accesiors and point cards.... in the long run the 360 will cost you more then an ps3

But the 360 has dedicated content and dedicated servers....so thats what you are paying for!

badmanmeow
07-11-2008, 09:08 AM
So i wanted to see what your input is to this. Personally i think both are FANTASTIC. Both have there pros and cons. But in the end i think the 360 is better for a GAMER and the PS3 is better for people into entertainment such as MOVIES MUSIC INTERNET.. Microsoft said they dont want to put all that junk into the 360 because there not trying to make a...

400GB DISC ARTICLE.

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9984811-1.html

Yeah, Pioneer have released such a thing. But Microsoft are too cheap to include a blu ray player in their system. Also, PC are the best gaming systems. They have much better graphics and running power. What are you on about? And FINALLY you're just saying all that because you have an XBox 360. Even though i have both (just recently bought an xbox) i will stick with PS forever!

NOCReaper
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Xbox 360 Network does cost alittle bit, but its not for them to keep their amazing network up, its for the amazing feeling of being able to play on a network that doesnt have total meltdowns and huge connection problems.

Totally different story with the PS3, their network, free, but also sucky, is by far the worst thing I've ever played on! I played COD4 for about half a hour and got pissed off pretty bad.

As for the tech specs,
PS3 can hold more memory, unless you feel like buying a $180 120GB harddrive.
PS3's BluRay is great, but Im fine with Xbox360's High Def.

All in all, the consuls almost even themselves out.
You either love it our you hate it, you have to choose.

bigrick08
07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=110245

bart
07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
in my opinion the ps3 is the way to go. the 360 was out a year earlier so it has more games,but dont worry there be more games for the ps3.the ps3 obviously beats the 360 technology wise and the ps3 has no(0) complaints from its users. 360 users go through 2/3 systems bcuz it breaks all the time.does anybody know about the red ring of death?when you buy a ps3 thats all you need, but the 360 comes with so much accessories in the long run you pay more for the 360.also they stop making hd dvds, blu ray is now the winner of entertainment.if you want to buy a system that actually works go for the ps3.if you want the 360 cuz of halo3 try it at your own risk.

if anybody has any referral tactics plz pm me
im a noob

Bored
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
The fact of the matter is there is no PS3 vs 360. The time for console buying has ended and it's about the games now, and seeing as how the PS3 is lacking in console sales AND video game exclusives (It's funny looking back at E3 '05, and how everyone was drooling over the PS3 and its so called exclusives like GTA4 / Assassin's Creed) it's looking very dim and I doubt they'll recover entirely before the next gen.

Developers aren't stupid. They know that, at this point, releasing exclusives for the PS3 would be a bad move as the 360 has the much larger fan base, not to mention it is much easier/cheaper to build games for the 360 (or simply for multi-platforming) than it is to build a game that actually pushes the limits of the PS3.

The whole HD-DVD / Blu-Ray thing is such a load of crap at this point. Honestly, I really don't think anyone other than tech-fanatics really give a ****. The difference in quality is MINIMAL at best and the data load times on blu-ray players have proven to be ... lacking, in some cases.

That said, Sony has lost quite a bit of money for going down the Blu-ray road and if they were to go back I'd almost guarantee that they would not include it in their system. It was a silly move that had the sole purpose of gaining a slight edge.

As of right now the 360 has just about all of this generation's RPGs as exclusives. They also have just about every FPS worth mentioning as exclusives. (Resistance was a decent game, overrated, but good. Haze was mediocre at best and is not comparable to most FPSs) The PS3 has lost basically all of its "system seller" exclusives. MGS4 is being brought up a lot but really, it doesn't have half the fanbase some people would believe it to have. The following of MGS4 is comparable to the following of DBZ / Naruto.

Unless Sony gets it's stuff together I don't know if they'll truly recover from this gen. They get a good rap from the last gen for the PS2, but come on. The first gen was basically a competition between Nintendo and Sony alone. Both were amazing system and there wasn't much need to have fanboy battles over them. PS2 was the "safe" system, the step up. XBOX had never been heard of before so it was overshadowed. That's the only reason I believe the PS2 to have been such a success.

Now ... if Apple gets into the whole system business next gen ... there might be an issue for Microsoft.

NOCReaper
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
If Apple makes a gaming system... it would be.... amazing.. lol

B0yfresh
07-11-2008, 05:01 PM
If Apple makes a gaming system... it would be.... amazing.. lol

Ewww Thats like Microsoft making a breakfast cereal

TheRiGuy
07-12-2008, 02:47 PM
ok lets face it most people that buy the PS3 are using it as a blue-ray player not a video game console so if your asking which is a better video game console it has to be the Xbox 360 :thumbs

hightower
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
ok lets face it most people that buy the PS3 are using it as a blue-ray player not a video game console so if your asking which is a better video game console it has to be the Xbox 360 :thumbs

I brought mine solely for the amazing games coming within the next year!

TheRiGuy
07-12-2008, 03:05 PM
I brought mine solely for the amazing games coming within the next year! amazing games on the ps3? which ones? u must be mixin it up with the xbox 360... and some of you guys are saying the PC is better then the 360 and PS3? how can you say that? i play a few PC games myself an ya they are prity lookin and usally include a few more features then consoles but the hacks totaly ruin the games and ever PC game has em. :mad:

PS: what ever happened to the Wii?

ravstar11
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
PC games thrash ps3 and xbox if you got THE computer...

TheRiGuy
07-12-2008, 03:44 PM
PC games thrash ps3 and xbox if you got THE computer...
at least when i'm playin on my 360 i dont have to worry about people seeing me through walls or using aim bots to get head shots... then again thats just my opinion

fluorescentsky
07-12-2008, 03:59 PM
I am impressed with the open customization of the PS3. While a gaming console that can be a personal computer is unnecessary, you can't deny the umm...cool factor? I'm a geek and any console that gives me the free ability to install a standard laptop hard drive (any brand or size I choose), partition it, and install Linux gets me a bit excited. I like toying with my electronics, and Microsoft has done it's best to scare you out of doing that with the 360. Not that it's stopped me from trying though.

Also, while I think the 360 design looks a lot better, the PS3's is a lot more efficient. Which is why it's had a lot less problems than our toasty 360's. Well, until that random update-causing-PS3s-to-brick mishap. Though, it still wasn't the result of a design flaw that they were just too lazy to fix.

I think there are actually numerous things that make the PS3 better (though game selection isn't exactly one of them). But honestly, I haven't and probably won't get a PS3 (unless it's free) solely because of Xbox Live. It's just a lot more community friendly, and worth the extra problems for me. PS3 Network tries it's best to clone, but fails...miserably.