PDA

View Full Version : is rock band(PS2) the right game for me?

Ultimatesnake
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
do u think i should get it for 80 points? or just save up

B0yfresh
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
save up and get something for 100+ =]

Ultimatesnake
07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
well i dont think ill even pass the 100 barrier

scorcher868
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
rock band PS@ is just a crappy, dulled down versoin of the 360/ps3 version. save up for something better

XxIRONxMAIDENxX
07-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Save up enough points and preorder guitar hero 4.

Ultimatesnake
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
well i find guitar hero harder lol

SativaSam
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Save up enough points and preorder guitar hero 4.

No, because GH4 (or GHWT) is just a rip off of Rock Band. They got laughed at when they presented it at a conference a few months ago.

Activision Rep (publishers of GH): Well, we're excited to finally have all instruments in a game, microphone, guitar, bass, and drums. It's the first time anyone has done it.

Lady Interviewer: Called Rock Band, I think?

Crowd: ROFL

Activision Rep: Well we're calling it Guitar Hero World Tour!

Bored
07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
No, because GH4 (or GHWT) is just a rip off of Rock Band. They got laughed at when they presented it at a conference a few months ago.

Activision Rep (publishers of GH): Well, we're excited to finally have all instruments in a game, microphone, guitar, bass, and drums. It's the first time anyone has done it.

Uhg, it's not a rip off. It's an improvement of Guitar Hero 3 and needed to be done in order to compete in the musical gaming market.

Harmonix did not come up with the idea for drums and a microphone. You do know that Konami designed two games, Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania in the 90s right? Both arcade games that used the guitar and drums.

GHWT also appears to have far superior equipment to Rock Band on all fronts.

Though Rock Band 2's drum set is looking pretty great, too. They're both great music games competing for a spot in the market.

Ultimatesnake
07-12-2008, 12:45 AM

LMAO he made himself look stupid

Always and Never
07-12-2008, 01:51 AM
LMAO he made himself look stupid

It's not like that really happened. He was being sarcastic.

darkknight
07-12-2008, 05:26 AM
you should get rockband why not i is an awesume game nd rewards1 is not a scam it works trust me it seems like its a scam its not you should get rockband

Always and Never
07-13-2008, 12:05 AM
you should get rockband why not i is an awesume game nd rewards1 is not a scam it works trust me it seems like its a scam its not you should get rockband

Yes, but the PS2 version of Rock Band is incredibly crappy. It is just the guitar, and it has a sickingly disgusting stripped down World Tour mode. Don't buy it... there's much better things you can spend your points on.

Ultimatesnake
07-13-2008, 10:44 AM
like...what

RefBoost
07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
do watever you want man, your choice though

Always and Never
07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
like...what

Well... think. Does it really have to be a PS2 game? What would be more useful?

RenegadeSniper7
07-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Don't get it. If it was easy for you to get 80 points, save up for a 360/PS3, etc.

tournedisque
07-14-2008, 02:57 AM
oh.. i just read that your asking for ps2...

anyways what i previously typed before i realized u r asking for ps2 and not ps3 is that with rock-band.. all down loadable content (songs, tracks, albums) are going to be transferable and work for both games..

So let say u spent $50 dollar on getting your favorite tracks from the market place.. and now this new game coming out with a number 2 slaped on the box... OH WOW! win win.. the music can be used for both games.. *instruments too, but yeah again only the downloaded music..

p.s.... guitar hero.. nah.. not compatible.. u would hav to re-download all the cool music again and rebuild ur library... (correct me if i am wrong anyone, and i am not sure where i read this.. but i am sure with some time i could find proof to this)

Ultimatesnake
07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Don't get it. If it was easy for you to get 80 points, save up for a 360/PS3, etc.

well i dont think i would be able to go further than 80 cause then i would have to get refs but i suck at getting people to sign up