PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in 2012...

Joshbectt
11-12-2009, 10:52 AM
...the world will end?

Havoc
11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
nope .

joeyjumanji
11-12-2009, 10:56 AM
...the world will end?

no
people have the whole thing misinterpreted
what it means is the end of the "age"
people think age means world for some reason
but it just means that we are exiting the age of Piscis
and entering the new age of Aquarius

check this out for some info

http://www.bemyastrologer.com/age_of_aquarius.html

Kieran
11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
no
people have the whole thing misinterpreted
what it means is the end of the "age"
people think age means world for some reason
but it just means that we are exiting the age of Piscis
and entering the new age of Aquarius

check this out for some info

http://www.bemyastrologer.com/age_of_aquarius.html

get your hippy crap out Jose! :lol2

Billinator
11-12-2009, 11:15 AM
If the world ended this soon, hell I'd find a hot girl and have sex with her and make that my last good memory.

But please, I don't believe in any of this. The only possible thing that'll happen are solar storms and super quakes.

Pyros
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
not really.
theres been plenty of "world's gonna end" schemes but you know none of them really hold much truth.

Pyros

coolkid0103
11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
No. I dont believe. There has been many things said about this stuff happening, but it never happened. If it does happen, Then so be it. Nothing to stop it.

rovert
11-12-2009, 11:59 AM
No I don't believe in it.. but it definitely is interesting... I can't see how just because the calender goes to 9999 and on December 21st, 2012 they think it will end.... it might just roll over to 00001, or 10000. No one knows.. Cause if you actually know about the mayans, they predicted certain major events... like WWII, Hitler taking over, 9/11, etc. Coincidence? don't know.. but I don't believe.. :thumbs

Fysh
11-12-2009, 12:19 PM
eh, to an extent... as joey said, more of an "end of an age"... however with the way things are going I wouldn't be in disbelief if the vast majority of the world dropped dead for some reason or another... =\

my guess would be either nuclear holocaust from a war kinda like what we're in right now :shifty:

or something like the "Planet X Theory (evolved)" that says our sun is part of a binary star system and a planet orbiting our sun's "sibling" star will pass close to Earth in retrograde to out orbit of the sun... generally ****ing us over :shifty:

once again I don't personally believe this is going to happen as it's all just theory, but I wouldn't be too horribly surprised if that's what happened :thumbs

.:2Imagine:.
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
y2k 2 maybe but this one is backed up it kinda scares me but meh... what can anyone do if it comes? pray to god thats about it.BTW why is it that only the "world" is going to end there's 7 other planets people...

☆Joey☆
11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I heard it was something about some kind of pole shake(idk what its called).
But I don't believe it, Why would that happen on that exact day just because some ancient(not sure) tribe predicted it? the caladener will end, so what? Doesn't make sense if you look in to this topic, has there been any scientific proof that anything is going to happen to earth on that day? I don't think there is any.
y2k 2 maybe but this one is backed up it kinda scares me but meh... what can anyone do if it comes? pray to god thats about it.BTW why is it that only the "world" is going to end there's 7 other planets people...
If it does come, we're screwed.
What is the 7 other planets going to do? the most important thing that's needed for us to survive isn't there, and that's oxygen.

Btw, there should be a topic stickied that has something to do with 2012. for people to discuss this matter.

Joshbectt
11-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm doing some research when I get done with my homework. I saw this thing on the History Channel last night, took notes, and it interested me so.

I'm actually going to put alot of time into this and put 1 and 1 together.

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Real Corey here for a second.

Pole shake you're referring to is a Magnetic Pole Shift, has happened many times in the Earth's history, nothing world ending there.

Also to Joey Oxygen on other planets doesn't matter that much, unless you're talking about Oxygen in H20. Oxygen can always be created, Magnetosphere is one of the most important things, behind water. I've heard that the next best place to habit would one of Jupiter's moons as it has water, magnetoshpere and an atmosphere with oxygen already in it. A lot of resources would need to be extracted though. Also the low amount of heat, and long distance makes Mars the most probable place for expansion.

All 2012 theories are bogus, it's all just fear. People need fear. Don't waste your time researching this stuff and taking notes lol, while you're at it you miswell research Y2K end of the world, and mole people and the fake moon landing, all of things which never happened, lol.

I'm done.

Jake
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
No I don't believe in it.. but it definitely is interesting... I can't see how just because the calender goes to 9999 and on December 21st, 2012 they think it will end.... it might just roll over to 00001, or 10000. No one knows.. Cause if you actually know about the mayans, they predicted certain major events... like WWII, Hitler taking over, 9/11, etc. Coincidence? don't know.. but I don't believe.. :thumbs

No one predicted 9/11 you read too much on the internet.

Fysh
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
you probably won't get two though... that's the sad thing about "predicting" **** :shifty:

at any rate, the thing you'd be talking about with the "pole shake" is the magnetic (not the physical) poles shifting, essentially compasses will point south and you'll think they're pointing north, etc etc... what could this do? kill us, tremendously

animals that migrate using the magnetic field of the Earth won't know where they're going.. animals that migrate using the field to find the place where they must lay eggs will practically go extinct. Basically killing our eco system to an extent considering that covers most fish in the oceans and seas (I've been following this for QUITE a while, few years actually)

the Magnetic field around the Earth IS weakening, which is a tell tale sign that the poles are "about" to shift...

bad news about this? no civilization has ever lived through a pole shift (once again, magnetic, not physical)

good news about the pole shift? it generally takes AT LEAST a thousand years to do, it's not that you wake up one morning and "OMG the directions are f-d up"...

so I don't see us being in any immediate danger from that, but there are other things that could happen.

Worst case scenario?
MASSIVE solar flairs from the sun during "Solar Maxima" or "Solar Maximum" could knock out satellites, killing not only your TV, but ALL GPS navigation... all planes in the air when that happens will be flying blind, and are at SEVERELY high risk of crash landing from running out of fuel before finding the right place to land... worse than that? if we get hit by more than one MASSIVE solar flair, it could knock out the power grid, of the ENTIRE world, basically think of it as a massive EMP that hits the whole world, anything electric will shut down, in which case any poor person on a plane at the time has basically no chance.

I could go on and on but I'll refrain as I don't care to depress any of you more than needed as the likelyhood of the Sun launching even ONE massive SF at us is remarkably low :thumbs

+rep appreciated if you deem it necessary :grin:

Fysh
11-12-2009, 02:02 PM
No one predicted 9/11 you read too much on the internet.

actually, if you research "webbot" it did predict it, or something ABOUT it... don't remember exactly how it was put, but it did predict it, I've seen a documentary on the matter and seen the predictions it's made

krnfreak
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I dont believe in this crap

never will

God decides when the world will end.

Read the bible. When the world ends, the sky will be black and the moon will be blood red.

and im pretty sure a bunch of atheists on here will flame me. idc...

joeyjumanji
11-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I dont believe in this crap

never will

God decides when the world will end.

Read the bible. When the world ends, the sky will be black and the moon will be blood red.

and im pretty sure a bunch of atheists on here will flame me. idc...

LMAO
Post Fail of the year?
i think so

Fysh
11-12-2009, 02:28 PM
actually... you're bout to be flamed by a pagan... which is NOT the same as athiest as I do happen to believe in God... I just "worship" differently than you do :thumbs

at any rate, the bible, whether you take it as written by man, or the "breathed" word of God... is flawed, in that it contradicts itself an uncountable number of times. Take into account that religion is the easiest way to get people to follow YOUR beliefs, and you have the first Catholic Church. Now no, I'm NOT saying Jesus doesn't exist, and I'm not saying God doesn't exist, I just think Christianity is a bunch of bull**** (most organized religion for that matter.) My personal favorite thing, is that you are told to worship God in your own way, as long as it involves going to church and worshipping THEIR way

kinda sounds a little retarded now doesn't it?

ryuk1214
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
theworld will not end because of natural disasters...

but of the shotguun, ass whooping certified, tazer weilding, crazy-o's that will riot on 12/21/12

imagripandsip
11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
as quoted by philosopher Carl Sagan

"The cosmos [the physical universe] is all that is or ever was or ever will be"
"By definition, nothing we can ever know was outside the cosmos"

If there was a God, that God, as Creator, would have to have preexisted the universe, be independent of time and space, and therefore "outside" it. Since nothing can exist outside the cosmos, by definition, God cant exist.

straight out of my christian humanism book. funny how the loser wrote that into a religion book.

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
The people that believe in 2012, are the same people who believe that the LHC is being sabotaged from the future in order to stop ourselves from discovering the Higgs Boson particle.

- Corey

Blockis
11-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Again, tantalized by the infinitenss...

Blockis

Fysh
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
O.O

I hope, that siggy has something to do with the world ending in 2012... cause we'll all at least die happy

and tantalized

Jake
11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
O.O

I hope, that siggy has something to do with the world ending in 2012... cause we'll all at least die happy

and tantalized

It would be pretty bad ass if only mexico was destroyed.

alberthopes
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I do not believe in 2012. I think these all are rumours that the world will end in 2012. I hope that the world will never end.

Fysh
11-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I do not believe in 2012. I think these all are rumours that the world will end in 2012. I hope that the world will never end.

two things wrong with that... I will personally vouch for 2012... it is in fact a year, so DO believe in 2012... whether you believe in the world ending in 2012 that's a different story

as for hoping the world will never end, science has already proven that it will most definitely 100 % end some day... not for another few billion years or so... but it will, so get back in school... or do what I do and just watch discovery and history channels =)

Billinator
11-13-2009, 07:04 AM
It would be pretty bad ass if only mexico was destroyed.

Why would you want Mexico destroyed? Lots of hot girls over there.

Fysh
11-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Why would you want Mexico destroyed? Lots of hot girls over there.

cause any cute girls that saw it coming would flee to America and then we'd have them =D

CD-RZoro
11-13-2009, 10:05 AM
no, hot girls stay here :) and racist people die

edit: I dont believe in 2012 lol it gonna be the same sh!t as 2000, just stupid people will suicide and nothing is gonna happen -_- end of the world will be when humans destroy themselves on a nuclear war

ryuk1214
11-13-2009, 04:39 PM
i believe robots will kill us all

http://i35.tinypic.com/25z3qte.jpg

Billinator
11-14-2009, 03:51 PM
i believe robots will kill us all

http://i35.tinypic.com/25z3qte.jpg

For the last damn time nothing major is going to happen. Possibly a bit of destruction in some locations but nothing that will destroy the entire planet. If it does, you can yell at me all you want.

Poop
11-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Not gonna happen...

Yes..all the planets will line up december 21st 2012 but what they dont tell you is that it happens all the time.

Dec 21s is the equinox and it just happens this dec 21st all the planets line up.

raysion
11-14-2009, 04:14 PM
nope its a load of BS

Billinator
11-14-2009, 04:17 PM
nope its a load of BS

That I agree with you. A 2000 mile wide alien craft was supposed to hover over our cities for 3 days all over the world along with some smaller ships which belonged with 2012 events. But it never happened, but massive sightings are expected near the end of this year and early next year. I see strange lights every night now.

Lil-Ryu
11-14-2009, 05:23 PM
this has been blown way out of proportion. the 2012 event has been misunderstood, it was the end of the Mayan Calender and the start of a new beginning, doesn't mean that the world is going to end.

Joshbectt
11-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Alright, well I've done a ton of research on what different groups believe and how apart the time they lived was. I am typing up a whole word document about it. If you want I will post it when I'm done.

MarcoLicious
11-14-2009, 09:25 PM
The people that made the prediction (I forgot) made more than one prediction, so I don't believe this one =/

Merde
11-14-2009, 09:32 PM
The people that made the prediction (I forgot) made more than one prediction, so I don't believe this one =/
You mean the people being mentioned throughout this thread? Lol

I think 12/21/12 will happen. And so will 12/22/12 and 12/23/12 and 12/24/12 . . .

Blockis
11-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Meh. I don't see anything happening.

Blockis

MarcoLicious
11-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Well, if it does happen and you have a hot girlfriend...I will...