PDA

View Full Version : Adobe fx vs Sony Vegas vs any other thingy

D3
10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Whats the best video editing software out there? I have Adobe After Effects atm, but some of my friends have Sony Vegas. I think mine is ok, but there are a few things that could be better.
But still, is Sony vegas really that better than after effects?
like, if its easy to use, more stuff you can do and you can get the same result that you could get with Afx, but with less work.
If its better, how do you explain Vegas being 600$ and Afx being 1000$?(from what i heard)
or is there any other software that can be better than these 2?

TiN TiN
10-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Windows Movie Maker all the way.

Joshbectt
10-26-2009, 03:39 PM

Lmao I was going to say that but then I'm like nahhh.
But uhmm. Since I don't have any experience in either of the two programs, from what I heard, Sony Vegas is more professional looking. I'm sure if you want you can PM me and I can get it for you for free. :D

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
For you, Sony Vegas or Pinnacle Studios would be good.

For extremely advanced, Adobe Premiere.

Also for 3D modelling and animation, Maya is absolutely amazing (I managed to get a copy, not sure if you still can though).

D3
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM

thats for the final touches :lol2

Lmao I was going to say that but then I'm like nahhh.
But uhmm. Since I don't have any experience in either of the two programs, from what I heard, Sony Vegas is more professional looking. I'm sure if you want you can PM me and I can get it for you for free. :D

well i dont care if it LOOKS more professional. The matter is, does it do more?

oh and dont worry my friend, i have my own connections..:thumbs

For you, Sony Vegas or Pinnacle Studios would be good.

For extremely advanced, Adobe Premiere.

Also for 3D modelling and animation, Maya is absolutely amazing (I managed to get a copy, not sure if you still can though).

so you're assuming im a beginner lol im going to check them out

what is Adobe premiere capable of?

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
No, I assumed you're not working for a special effects company.

D3
10-26-2009, 03:49 PM
lol wow any way i dont think i need maya, but im still trying to find some videos edited with premiere

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Haha, well if you can get your hands on Media Composer, that's one of the best there is out there, but I'm quite sure it's impossible to obtain without paying a very large sum of money.

D3
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
wow look at this i spent the last 10 minutes doing a short video on afx, and then spent like 1 minute making it again on movie maker, and the result was: movie maker had better quality and was easier to use lol. but it was just putting clips togheter.

I lost all hope on afx

D3
10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
haha, well if you can get your hands on media composer, that's one of the best there is out there, but i'm quite sure it's impossible to obtain without paying a very large sum of money.

holy **** almost 2000$???

no torrents etc?

Jake
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
AFX is for special effects for the most part. Premier is for mainly editing, I personally gave up on AFX and premier simply because there were too many options and it all confused me. Being a big xbox live player back in the day, I saw a lot of "pros" using Sony vegas and all of them claimed it was easy to use and their videos always turned out great.

Mike
10-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I use adobe premiere on my laptop and after effects on my desktop

D3
10-27-2009, 10:42 AM
AFX is for special effects for the most part. Premier is for mainly editing, I personally gave up on AFX and premier simply because there were too many options and it all confused me. Being a big xbox live player back in the day, I saw a lot of "pros" using Sony vegas and all of them claimed it was easy to use and their videos always turned out great.

i think i might get sony then, but does it have less things than on premier?
and whats the latest version of sony vegas?