PDA

View Full Version : Prom Date

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, yeah. I got a girl that I know likes me and wants to go to prom with me and I want to go with her. Problem is, she has 5 guys on her now. I wanna ask her now so I don't have to worry about her being taken by someone else.
Every time I go to ask her, I can't do it. I don't know why. I know she'll say yes, but I'm just too nervous.
I am waiting to get her in the stairwell or something alone again but I want to do this as quick as possible so I get her. I don't want to do the simple asking her to her face. I want to get more elaborate than that. Any ideas?

What did you guys do for prom dates?
Even though barely anyone here has reached that point yet.

Merde
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Well, yeah. I got a girl that I know likes me and wants to go to prom with me and I want to go with her. Problem is, she has 5 guys on her now. I wanna ask her now so I don't have to worry about her being taken by someone else.
Every time I go to ask her, I can't do it. I don't know why. I know she'll say yes, but I'm just too nervous.
I am waiting to get her in the stairwell or something alone again but I want to do this as quick as possible so I get her. I don't want to do the simple asking her to her face. I want to get more elaborate than that. Any ideas?

Well, I am a freshmen and we dont have a prom :thumbs

Blockis
10-20-2009, 03:41 PM
1) Txt
2) IM
3) Call
4) Lunch
5) Break Period?

Blockis

Falsifying
10-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Walk up to her.
Ask to talk to her for a moment alone.
Ask her to prom.
??????
Profit!!!!!!!!!!!!

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 03:43 PM
1) ***** out
2) ***** out
3) ***** out
4) She sits with her friends and there isn't really anywhere to talk. Unless I take her out of the cafeteria but the teachers would *****.
5) No such thing.

MattJK
10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
You got to keep a blind mind on this. Don't think about it, just do it. One, if you must act overly confident in your head once you see her you'll be ready to ask. You know you're the one so you shouldn't wait, no point in that. Make the move, or both of you will probably be upset with the results.

For prom.... definitly ask her person to person. If you think you got time, do something creative idc what it's your call because it's your personality. (examples, my cousin did the old pizza message trick. Had the pizza hut guy take it to the classroom.)

Blockis
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
We have a random 10 minute break, lol.

Stay afterschool with her, then just ask her. You're making this more difficult than it is.

Blockis

Falsifying
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
1) ***** out
2) ***** out
3) ***** out
4) She sits with her friends and there isn't really anywhere to talk. Unless I take her out of the cafeteria but the teachers would *****.
5) No such thing.

Thats your problem then. Man up, or ***** out. You'll always be wondering what if...

Pyros
10-20-2009, 03:47 PM

lol 5 guys on her...
sounds like raep

lol, im waiting to get her in the stairwell....
sounds like raep again

ANYWAYS :D

be her friend, that's the best chance you got ;D that or be damned hot and ask her UPFRONT and STRAIGHT UP. And dont make it sound like raep

Pyros

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I know I will ask her but, I want to do it in a cool way. Not just traditionally. She also hates having her business known to everyone so it doesn't work.

Blockis
10-20-2009, 03:49 PM
My god, you've used that word three times :o

Blockis

MattJK
10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
If she hates her business out loud then that's a bit weird? I'd ask her infront of her friends, you look like a frickin beast doin that lol.

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I think I'll ask her to talk in private. Maybe that'll work :p
She discusses the **** with her friends all of the time.
Today, was a sure sign that she likes me. lol

HaydenPee
10-20-2009, 03:51 PM
the hell dude, just ask her O_o

first ask her if she has a date, and if you're too scared to do that, then you probably don't talk enough for her to even want to say yes O_O if you guys dont ever talk, then she prob wont say yes. girls are more apt to want to go with a friend, or a guy they're familiar with. not a guy they dont really know. so if you dont talk to her much, then dont ask. but if you DO talk to her, then just ask her if shes gotta date, and if she doesnt, just be like "yeah me either. wanna go together?" if she says shes waiting on someone to ask her, then be like "ah.. well alright, that gives me the go ahead for (insert name here) then. just didn't want you to be without a date. lates" and walk away. rofl

but how should we know? if she likes you, like you think she does, then she likes YOU, and what YOU would want to do. not any of us. honestly if it was a girl i really cared for, i would do something extravagant to ask her. but that's just the way i am.

Pyros
10-20-2009, 03:51 PM
My god, you've used that word three times :o

Blockis

im all for raep atm

Pyros

Blockis
10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
How about you answer my PM?

Blockis

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm thinking of putting a note in her locker to meet me somewher in the school at lunch from me :p

Pyros
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking of putting a note in her locker to meet me somewher in the school at lunch from me :p

lol why not walk her home frmo school and talk about it ;D

Pyros

MattJK
How about you do it now?

Blockis

Seems kinda stalker-ish.

Blockis

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
lol why not walk her home frmo school and talk about it ;D

Pyros

My school isn't exactly a school where everyone lives close. I live in 2-3 towns away. And she takes the bus :p

BlackDahlia
10-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow.. it's October. Seems.. desperate lol o_O
I've never known anyone who asked for a prom date this early xD
Uhh.. my suggestion would be to wait.. till January AT LEAST.

I never went to prom though, it's so lame.

crosbyfan87
10-20-2009, 04:00 PM
you can customize m&m's to say p r o and m on the individual m&m. give her those and let her figure it out. what i did

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:01 PM

I was supposed to ask her to homecoming, some kid asked her. Then I asked her friend if she was going with anyone. She said that kid. Next day I see her talking with the kid about it, they broke it off.
I was SUPPOSED to ask her. But I didn't. I had no clue she wanted to go with me.

I'm thinking of saying
Hey, I know it's really early for this, but I want to make sure I'm the first one to ask you this time :p

Dommzyd
10-20-2009, 04:01 PM
you can customize m&m's to say p r o and m on the individual m&m. give her those and let her figure it out. what i did
I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't actually look at my m&ms. I just eat them.

Merde
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't actually look at my m&ms. I just eat them.
I alphabetize mine. That means mine would end up saying MOPR, not PROM

HaydenPee
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM

you are right. it is lame. i have been to 3, and it sucks ass every time. everyone gets their hopes up for some major night. but really it's ****ty ass music, the same douchewads you see everyday, trying to get laid, so they're even more pathetic than usual. i went with a senior my freshman year, and she was a horrifying *****. my sophomore year i went with my friend, and my senior year i went with my friend because my gf made me since ze friends bf wouldnt go.

every time it got worse and worse. i got kicked in the balls with high heeled shoes last one actually. and the decorations were cheap, punch tasted like watered down sugar water, and the girls act retarded because they think its going to be the most special night of their lives. when it turns out to just be a disappointment.

and you are right; its kinda early to be asking. prom isnt til like march or april right O_O

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:04 PM
We go to a fancy ass place for prom. Not our school cafeteria.
Your school just sucks then.
I'm not there to get ****ing laid, I'm not that shallow.

Dommzyd
10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Some schools start the planning for their proms pretty early. My old HS didn't start until maybe January, but the school in the town next to us is already getting their dates and stuff.

Prom itself is boring to me. The after party/prom weekend (wherever you decide to go) is usually 10x more fun.

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:07 PM
The after party/prom weekend (wherever you decide to go) is usually 10x more fun.

What I'm looking forward to exactly :p Like down the shore or something :)

BlackDahlia
10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I was supposed to ask her to homecoming, some kid asked her. Then I asked her friend if she was going with anyone. She said that kid. Next day I see her talking with the kid about it, they broke it off.
I was SUPPOSED to ask her. But I didn't. I had no clue she wanted to go with me.

I'm thinking of saying
Hey, I know it's really early for this, but I want to make sure I'm the first one to ask you this time :p

Well, homecoming is almost right when school starts so it's understandable someone would beat you to it (specially since you didn't know lol). It's up to you though. I would personally wait till like a couple weeks before prom tickets are selling. That's when everyone is doing their special little things to invite girls. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. After all, it's just one night. Unless you're a senior, this years prom isn't the one that will (or should) be memorable. She might actually prefer a little special detail over a big surprise, some girls do, not all.

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
It is my senior year.

Blockis
10-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm a junior :D

Blockis

Merde
10-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Ask her out while the good movies are in theatres. A movie date

BlackDahlia
10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
you are right. it is lame. i have been to 3, and it sucks ass every time. everyone gets their hopes up for some major night. but really it's ****ty ass music, the same douchewads you see everyday, trying to get laid, so they're even more pathetic than usual. i went with a senior my freshman year, and she was a horrifying *****. my sophomore year i went with my friend, and my senior year i went with my friend because my gf made me since ze friends bf wouldnt go.

every time it got worse and worse. i got kicked in the balls with high heeled shoes last one actually. and the decorations were cheap, punch tasted like watered down sugar water, and the girls act retarded because they think its going to be the most special night of their lives. when it turns out to just be a disappointment.

and you are right; its kinda early to be asking. prom isnt til like march or april right O_O

Lol yeah, when our senior prom was coming up everyone was like "are you going?" and I would just say "nope." Then we would have this big ass discussion about how I should go to my own prom because it's "so special and I should remember it." That night, me and my friends had a party instead, MUCH better than prom. One of my friends that actually went with his gf, I asked him what was the best part and he said "getting laid." I mean what's the difference between sleeping with someone on a regular day or after a crappy dance? lol

HaydenPee
10-20-2009, 04:15 PM
We go to a fancy ass place for prom. Not our school cafeteria.
Your school just sucks then.
I'm not there to get ****ing laid, I'm not that shallow.

we had ours at a hotel ballroom. it still sucked O_O

and i didnt say you were going there to get laid. i said other guys are, which means you have to put up with douchebags

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
we had ours at a hotel ballroom. it still sucked O_O

and i didnt say you were going there to get laid. i said other guys are, which means you have to put up with douchebags

This girl doesn't have friends that are like that. They won't bring douchebag dates. Honestly. I won't have to worry about any douchebag guys, I hang out in the smart but cool kids group. We're all in like AP courses.

HaydenPee
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
there are douchebags in every school mate

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:20 PM
I know there are. But my school has no douchebag assholes that I associate with. They're all like jocks and ****.

raysion
10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
well u better ask her before a jock does and gets her. also make sure u dont rub it in on people. girls hate guys that gloat and show off. ask her and beat the other guys to it. if she will say yes theres no need to worry but if she says no and rejects u then thats a whole new story

Merde
10-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Go see a movie with her this weekend. Lots of movies are coming out this weekend or are still out that are good.

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Go see a movie with her this weekend. Lots of movies are coming out this weekend or are still out that are good.
Maybe................

Soulsbreaker
10-20-2009, 04:29 PM
uh... isnt the prom for juniors and Seniors in like..... May or June not freaking Nov. take my advise im a pro Stalk Her :thumbs xD

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:31 PM
You don't uinderstand the whole situation and cannot be expected to as I didn't tell you. That doesn't work :p

Soulsbreaker
10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
hmmm whats that stuff you put on a rag and they fall asleep? w.e that is use it :thumbs that or lots of muneh they like cash

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:38 PM
hmmm whats that stuff you put on a rag and they fall asleep? w.e that is use it :thumbs that or lots of muneh they like cash

It only takes one post to change the topic of the thread here.

Soulsbreaker
10-20-2009, 04:42 PM
yes mission accomplished xD

RynaBreed
10-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Too bad............................

Merde
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Like whores?

Falsifying
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM

Chloroform

Eric Sherman
10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Isn't it a bit early from prom? I got her to go with me for ice cream and gave her a rose. It's hard to explain, but she didn't know I was asking for her.

I'll probably go all out this year, especially knowing that the girl I want to ask really enjoys the cute/creative ideas :p

Falsifying
10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Isn't it a bit early from prom? I got her to go with me for ice cream and gave her a rose. It's hard to explain, but she didn't know I was asking for her.

I'll probably go all out this year, especially knowing that the girl I want to ask really enjoys the cute/creative ideas :p

you should take her out drink a lil then puke in letters "me, you, prom?"

Kieran
10-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I also had to ask a girl to the prom this year, but because of the popularity of said girl, I got in early, and she agreed. We really like eachother, and if you don't believe she's hot, ask Joey, aka, Jose :lol2

ShadowPanther
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM
You could always turn gay...and go to prom with Pyros. Oh Snap. http://www.pilkey.com/imgs/finger_snapping_th.jpg

RynaBreed
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
I asked her,
She said it was a bit too early as most people said here. But she'd think about it and get back to me.
She probably wants to see if she'll like who I am and if I changed for the worst in her perspective in the coming months. But it's really annoying, there is this guy who thinks that he is so cool because he and someone else started a small band called Vital Instinct and they recorded 2 of their songs to CD. And he just really pisses me off because he is ALWAYS talking to her. A ton of guys are and it's ridiculous. I have a plan, but a ton of people said it was a gay so idk.

Falsifying
10-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I asked her,
She said it was a bit too early as most people said here. But she'd think about it and get back to me.
She probably wants to see if she'll like who I am and if I changed for the worst in her perspective in the coming months. But it's really annoying, there is this guy who thinks that he is so cool because he and someone else started a small band called Vital Instinct and they recorded 2 of their songs to CD. And he just really pisses me off because he is ALWAYS talking to her. A ton of guys are and it's ridiculous. I have a plan, but a ton of people said it was a gay so idk.

that pretty much means she said no

Merde
10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
that pretty much means she said no
You would probably know this from experience. OP can trust your thoughts here on the subject.

Sephyncloud
10-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I have your same problem, I'm just so F***in' shy. FML.

Falsifying
10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
You would probably know this from experience. OP can trust your thoughts here on the subject.

lol i would be lying if i said i've never been rejected. thats just part of growing up and meeting new people. however, i must say more often than not its a yes.

joeyjumanji
10-21-2009, 07:39 PM

you should ask a hooker from the streets to go with you to the prom
make sure she is expensive since that means she is better quality
k thanks bai

RynaBreed
10-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I know this girl likes me too. I think she wants it to be either more romantic. Or more typical, closer to prom time. She MIGHT be trying to get me back for what happened yesterday which I did not yet post.

Sephyncloud
10-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I asked her,

Yeah, I have your same problem man.
Except the girl I like isn't being Hounded by 5 different guys.

XxJustPretendxX
10-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Hmm you could try what me and my friend did :) We took a bunch of chalk and went to her house, and wrote out really big on the street "Will you go out with me" in front of her house. You probably shouldnt ask that and just ask her to homecoming.

danixcalifornia
10-23-2009, 10:31 PM
you should ask a hooker from the streets to go with you to the prom
make sure she is expensive since that means she is better quality
k thanks bai
Lmao prime example of why you never ask a question like this on r1 if you want serious advice.

I'm going to go against popular belief here and say she didn't reject you. You asked way too early and probably caught her off guard. I think you definitely should have waited because now you're probably going to have to do something extravagant to prove to her that you're worthwhile. In the meantime, don't be so discouraged by the competition. You only stand a chance with her if she likes you, and therefore it won't matter how many guys are in the picture if she does.

HaydenPee
10-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Lmao prime example of why you never ask a question like this on r1 if you want serious advice.

I'm going to go against popular belief here and say she didn't reject you. You asked way too early and probably caught her off guard. I think you definitely should have waited because now you're probably going to have to do something extravagant to prove to her that you're worthwhile. In the meantime, don't be so discouraged by the competition. You only stand a chance with her if she likes you, and therefore it won't matter how many guys are in the picture.

but if she really wanted to go with him, wouldnt she have said yes regardless (not trying to be a dick rynabreed)

danixcalifornia
10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Not necessarily. Prom night is a big deal to a lot of girls. Personally, I don't see the hype over it, but we are generally very idealistic. Considering he sprung this on her so early, it's understandable why she still hasn't given him a definite yes or no. If she wasn't interested at all, she would have turned him down point blank. That's how we do it.

HaydenPee
10-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Not necessarily. Prom night is a big deal to a lot of girls. Personally, I don't see the hype over it, but we are generally very idealistic. Considering he sprung this on her so early, it's understandable why she still hasn't given him a definite yes or no. If she wasn't interested at all, she would have turned him down point blank. That's how we do it.

correction; thats how YOU do it. but most girls dont do that **** if theyre friends with the dude

danixcalifornia
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
correction; thats how YOU do it. but most girls dont do that **** if theyre friends with the dude
If a girl isn't interested, they will let the guy down gently. Many wouldn't just agree to a date out of obligation. (No offense Rynabreed, I'm not saying that applies to your situation.)

Dommzyd
10-23-2009, 10:48 PM
If I didn't like you and you asked me to prom (even if it was a bit early) I would just say no.
If she doesn't like you and she still said maybe, she feels bad for you and you wouldn't really want to go with her anyway.

In this case, I'm gonna agree with Dani and say you didn't get rejected. She probably really just wants to make sure you're not some desperate asshole guy so she doesn't waste her prom night with you.

Fearsome
10-23-2009, 10:52 PM
If I didn't like you and you asked me to prom (even if it was a bit early) I would just say no.
If she doesn't like you and she still said maybe, she feels bad for you and you wouldn't really want to go with her anyway.

In this case, I'm gonna agree with Dani and say you didn't get rejected. She probably really just wants to make sure you're not some desperate asshole guy so she doesn't waste her prom night with you.

guys domm has plenty of experience rejecting guys, ive been barking up her tree for months :rolleyes2:

danixcalifornia
10-23-2009, 10:55 PM
I have your same problem, I'm just so F***in' shy. FML.
I think it's cute when guys are shy. It shows they are genuine and have a sensitive side to them. On the other hand, I hate guys that think they're king ****. I think I speak for many girls too.

The cold hard truth.

If she has guys fawning over her, that must mean she probably has to deal with a lot of shallow assholes. If you are genuine about her, then it'll be evident. If you're not, well then you probably don't deserve the title as her prom date.

HaydenPee
10-23-2009, 11:07 PM
I think it's cute when guys are shy. It shows they are genuine and have a sensitive side to them. On the other hand, I hate guys that think they're king ****.

i am king **** dammit

danixcalifornia
10-23-2009, 11:08 PM
You keep telling yourself that. :)

nightpk
10-24-2009, 01:50 AM
lol 5 guys on her...
sounds like raep

lol, im waiting to get her in the stairwell....
sounds like raep again

ANYWAYS :D

be her friend, that's the best chance you got ;D that or be damned hot and ask her UPFRONT and STRAIGHT UP. And dont make it sound like raep

Pyros

That's what I was thinking :L

Kieran
10-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Being friends, is how I managed to ask my prom date. If it turns into anything before or even after the prom, then it's pure profit.

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 08:46 AM

Based off of this information, and danis. Should I have to be the one to ask her again when it's time, OR should I just do nothing. I figured I have to do something different than just ask her face to face this time because that's what happened the last :p

II know she is still interested. I kept catching her looking at me at lunch. It was either me looking at her or her looking at me, but in any case. We were looking at eachother.

I think I'm going too simply go to her teachers and ask them to give her a sheet of paper with a word on it, when she gets them all, she'll put it all together and realize what I am asking her :p. Then at the end of the notes. I wont leave a name but I'll wait at her locker. Then when she comes over, I ask her.

D3
10-24-2009, 09:42 AM
lol have you got your scheme set up yet?

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm gunna go for it in december. wen i shulda done it :p

D3
10-24-2009, 10:39 AM
LOOOOOLLL december┬╗┬╗┬╗ thats like more than a month away. why so?

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 10:41 AM
To make it be more towards prom.
You cannot just ask one day, be told it's too early, then do it again in a week. It doesn't work like that.

D3
10-24-2009, 10:45 AM
lol oh ok i didnt know when the prom was lol

oh btw advice, why not save money to buy something nice for her? :thumbs

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Well, don't think I need too until the night of.

D3
10-24-2009, 11:16 AM
a small present always adds something special you know? it doesnt have to be big

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Such as? lol.........

D3
10-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Such as? lol.........

lol it would depend on the type of girl :P
how old are you btw?

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Prom=Senior year=17-18

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
10-24-2009, 11:32 AM
If you have your license, save up and rent a lamborghini for prom (I'm not joking), I know a few people who rented Diablo's (V8S) for the night (I went with Silver). You'll get a tonne of attention (from her family when you pick her up, and everyone at the prom and prom party afterwards).

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 11:35 AM
You have to be 21 in order to rent a car in USA.

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
10-24-2009, 11:37 AM
You have to be 21 in order to rent a car in USA.

Oh really? My bad, didn't know that. Not even if you get like co-signers? Then yeah, I guess just save a little on the side for a small gift for when you do ask her to prom, maybe part of a christmas present.

D3
10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
wow renting a car is a good idea.. still, yeah i think you can give her uh... i dunno lol something small, a flower? but that would be a bit stupid just one lonely flower lol

RynaBreed
10-24-2009, 11:42 AM
I maybe could have my mom rent it or something with my money. Im thinking about a Christmas present.
How much did the car cost you for a night?

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
10-24-2009, 11:47 AM
It cost me a couple grand for the day. The majority is deposit and insurance, you get most of the deposit back, but it was still a little under two grand.

My dad covered some of it for me though.

danixcalifornia
10-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Such as? lol.........
Girl's best friend of course - diamonds.

Jk. Anything would be fine, really. It doesn't have to be big, just something to show that you care. The sentiment behind it is what matters.

Kieran
10-24-2009, 01:33 PM
The prom's in the UK, are usually around june, july time, and we have them at the end of Year 11, in which nearly all of the year are 16, and a small minority, including myself, will be nearing 17 in the September. Because of this, we can't drive to the prom in a rental, therefore relying on a Chaufer, or however you spell it.

Dr.Genjoah
10-24-2009, 01:34 PM
You know she'll say yes, so I don't see what the big deal is...?

Sephyncloud
10-24-2009, 01:53 PM
You know she'll say yes, so I don't see what the big deal is...?

I like your Genuine Confidence in him.

D3
10-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Girl's best friend of course - diamonds.

Jk. Anything would be fine, really. It doesn't have to be big, just something to show that you care. The sentiment behind it is what matters.

yeah hes right

Dommzyd
10-24-2009, 02:32 PM
yeah hes right

She's *
:thumbs

D3
10-24-2009, 02:36 PM
She's *
:thumbs

=X!!!!!! :lol2 didnt know that

Sephyncloud
10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Get with the program!!!

danixcalifornia
10-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Lol thanks Dommzyd. :thumbs

Yeah, I'm hpboom's girlfriend actually haha.

HaydenPee
10-24-2009, 04:01 PM
pretty sure she knew zat