PDA

View Full Version : What is your most significant life experience?

HaydenPee
10-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm curious to know what everyone here views as their most significant life experience. Whether it be a divorce, a death, a hospitalization of you or someone you love, or something good like a job offering. Just something that gave you a particular revelation/realization about the philosophy of your life. Whatever it may be. Tell me what happened, what your realization was, and how it helped sculpt you as the person you are today.

I'm just curious. For me it was when my mother was diagnosed with cancer, and my father abandoned us. It was a time of great struggle, as well as clarification on what truly mattered. It is the time in which I found that I had a knack for helping people(I was the oldest child, so I did small odd jobs around the neighborhood, helped my younger siblings to school, made my mother food, and packed her bags when she had to go to the hospital) and when I realized that I wanted to do everything possible to help cure people of diseases much like what my mother had. That's why I'm going to university to be a medical microbiologist, studying cancerous cells, and researching possible cures.

Falsifying
10-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Nothing really has had much of an impact on me but I've gradually come to realise that life leads to nothing

Fearsome
10-17-2009, 10:28 PM
the first time i saw you naked <3

but seriously, the day my life changed was when my dad died, I was 7 and i lost my inocence, i had to grow up at the age of 7 :/

Merde
10-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Haven't had one.

Dislocated my neck in kindergarten. What was i supposed to learn? Never to get sick (it was dislocated from the constant jerking motion from coughing).

Great grandma died of a brain tumour. Lasted longer then doctors said. A year longer. But she was 90 years old and incredible. But she was sick for so long. It was a matter of time.

That's about it lol.

Kieran
10-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Pushing my body to the limits really, because we only live once, and life is too short, everything I've done, including getting ink, growing my hair to shoulder length, stretching my ears to 9/16ths, and got several piercings, I'll never regret, due to the fact that I want to live life, feel the highs and the lows, and never forget the time I had while I was alive.

Hope
10-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Nothing really has had much of an impact on me but I've gradually come to realise that life leads to nothing

Wow... That is an awful realization. So you are saying there is no purpose in life? Poor guy....

D3
10-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Pushing my body to the limits really, because we only live once, and life is too short, everything I've done, including getting ink, growing my hair to shoulder length, stretching my ears to 9/16ths, and got several piercings, I'll never regret, due to the fact that I want to live life, feel the highs and the lows, and never forget the time I had while I was alive.

thats the way man:thumbs

one for me is love. is when i got my heart broken. it will be different when you guys cry for someone, you'll see it differently

Blockis
10-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Recently, my cousin got engaged, so that's pretty scrumptilescent.

Blockis

weedface
10-18-2009, 05:20 AM
lol i tried weed again last wednesday it was good.

Blockis
10-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Haha, hope it was :P

Blockis

Callum
10-18-2009, 05:24 AM
My aunty was diagnosed with cancer.

That's about it.

Joshbectt
10-18-2009, 05:27 AM
When everything was going wrong in my life and I attempted suicide. :thumbs

Blockis
10-18-2009, 05:28 AM
For real?

Blockis

Joshbectt
10-18-2009, 05:29 AM
For real?

Blockis

Hell yeah. Everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Blockis
10-18-2009, 05:32 AM
You have children?

Blockis

Joshbectt
10-18-2009, 05:35 AM
You have children?

Blockis

No. I'm only 14. This was I think a year ago. What I should have said was what could have gone wrong at my age did go wrong.

Blockis
10-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Haha, alright then.

Well, the Celtics weren't disbanded, so that's delightful, right?

Blockis

Joshbectt
10-18-2009, 05:38 AM
Haha, alright then.

Well, the Celtics weren't disbanded, so that's delightful, right?

Blockis

:D Of course that is delightful!