PDA

View Full Version : PC PC Games in general

Jake S
08-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Most people are unaware of how much better gaming on the pc is that on console. I played xbox live for 4 years until I could no longer stand the amount of 12 year old kids that were using profanity like they were pro's at it.

Another good thing about the PC is much larger variety of maps that are used and modded gametypes not available on console games.

I built my own PC for 1300, and to buy a dell with the same specs and same size monitor it would have cost over 3 grand

My steam ID is iFudgems, I mainly play Team Fortress 2, and When Modern Warfare 2 comes out in November I will be playing it religiously

:lol

Chaos Punk
08-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Yea, but a decent gaming PC can run you $2000-$3000. Not so good for the budget gamer. That's where consoles come in handy.

Falsifying
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
He built his for $1300 and I guess from how highly he talked about it, it must be just as good if not better then a gaming computer you could buy in the store ^^

Chaos Punk
08-09-2009, 05:54 PM
He built his for $1300 and I guess from how highly he talked about it, it must be just as good if not better then a gaming computer you could buy in the store ^^

I'm mean a gaming computer that can run games like Crysis at a high consistent frame rate, go big or go home.

Jake S
08-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Mine could do Crysis at high settings and probably squeak out 27 FPS, however I didn't need an uber 1337 gaming machine even though I had the money, need to start saving for college :wink2

Ill post a pic of it tomorrow

Chaos Punk
08-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Mine could do Crysis at high settings and probably squeak out 27 FPS, however I didn't need an uber 1337 gaming machine even though I had the money, need to start saving for college :wink2

Ill post a pic of it tomorrow

See, 27 FPS isn't very good, just BARELY playable. The machine I'm looking to get will be able to do crysis at 50+ FPS on high settings, it's about $2500.:crap

Jake S
08-09-2009, 06:17 PM
See, 27 FPS isn't very good, just BARELY playable. The machine I'm looking to get will be able to do crysis at 50+ FPS on high settings, it's about $2500.:crap

Yeah I couldn't justify to myself spending 1000 on Dual video cards, to have the best cards in SLI in a premade system will cost you the price of a used car lol

Chaos Punk
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah I couldn't justify to myself spending 1000 on Dual video cards, to have the best cards in SLI in a premade system will cost you the price of a used car lol

I'm not getting a premade system, all custome, every part, down to the fans. The case, hard drive and processor are what makes my rig so expensive, goin' all out and getting an i7 processor and 1 TB seagate harddrive.

ecfy
08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
What I don't like about pc games is:
1- The Hackers (In almost every single game I bought it was full of hackers)
2- Need a good computer, which costs a lot (I bought a computer for 950$ and I'm lagging when I play Counter strike source.. :shifty:

On Xbox live:
1- It's impossible to hack
2- Once you have bought your Xbox, you don't need to buy additionnal stuff to play more recent games (generaly).

But, I agree that if you get a game with NO hackers, and if you got a GOOD computer than pc games are a lot of fun. :smile

Falsifying
08-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah thats true.. Computer games tend to lag out your computer after a while.. My Wii never lags.. So thats a + for consoles