PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2: Taking Advantage of UK consumers (again!)

vkmaster
07-20-2009, 06:17 AM
Well we all know that Modern Warfare 2 is set to be the best game of the year if it live up to all the hype, and it's that hype that is causing it to be the most expensive mass produced game in the UK ever.

Lets just take a look at how we fare to the US.

Firstly lets look at the prestige edition. In the UK HMV secured exclusive rights to sell the edition. And upon receiving those rights they put a HUGE price tag of £150 on the prestige edition. Now just wait a minute, that means that using coonversion rates, we are paying over $110 MORE than people in the US.

Then lets look at the standard edition. It's the first game in the UK to have an RRP of £55, I mean sure it may only be a few pounds above the normal RRP, but it just shows that Activision are trying to grab a few quid extra off customers. Once again it's much more expensive than the US edition. IN FACT WE ARE PAYING DOUBLE!

As much as I love MW:2 and I will definitely be getting the game, I can't help but feel annoyed that activision is taking advantage of people just because they live in the UK...

LINKS: http://www.pushsquare.com/4415/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-an-hmv-exclusive-in-the-uk-149/

SK55
07-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Move to US.

Louis
07-20-2009, 06:30 AM
What?

£55 standard version?

vkmaster
07-20-2009, 06:38 AM
What?

£55 standard version?

http://www.pushsquare.com/4415/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-an-hmv-exclusive-in-the-uk-149/

Twister
07-20-2009, 06:42 AM
=[ that's really bad.

i wanted the prestige edition, but smeh, too expensive now.

vkmaster
07-20-2009, 06:55 AM
=[ that's really bad.

i wanted the prestige edition, but smeh, too expensive now.

Same, it's either Uncharted 2, Assasins Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2 and GoW2 or MW prestige. I'd rather have 4 games than 1 anyday.

Youngmoney
07-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Yeah i can't believe how they are taking advantage as well.

I also can't believe how they're including working night vision goggles within the edition o_0

Is that going to be in the US version as well? (because night vision goggles cost loads of money, so if its only in the UK version that might be why they're charging so much?)

Callum
07-21-2009, 05:58 AM
I am getting my dad / mam to give me money to buy it ;D

But they're still exploiting the UK :(