PDA

View Full Version : Which gaming console

☆Joey☆
06-22-2009, 05:30 PM
After I get my laptop from rewards1, I'm planning on getting a gaming station, but which one? all I have is a DS and a PS2, I heard PSPs are great, and also xbox 360, and wii isn't bad either!
so which one do you suggest I get? (based on gaming fun, game prices, and console price!)

Thanks for helping!

billbob
06-22-2009, 05:32 PM
i dont have one
but get an xbox360

CopyrightZProduction
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Get ps3... free online play.. doesnt get red rings like 360s... i have a 360 but it got red rings so id get a ps3

Soulsbreaker
06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
uh lets see... xbox 360 ftw becouse ps3 is expensive doesnt have great games unlike 360 (prototype, Fable 2, Left 4 dead, Gta IV) live isnt expensive and pi havent recieved RRoD yet becouse i actually take care of mine and because its BS

Razrbackfan5
06-22-2009, 06:00 PM
360 because Xbox Live is the best!!!
And dont get a Wii because you will get bored with it after a month or two.

angeltehbagel
06-22-2009, 06:04 PM
get a xbox360

Saints
06-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Get a gameboy advance SP.

scorcher868
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Wii FTW, theres nothing better

/Fanboy rant

Soulsbreaker
06-22-2009, 06:29 PM

/Fanboy rant

hell no.... the only thing wii is good for... is SSBB nuttin else

billbob
06-22-2009, 06:32 PM
well the wii does have nice wii ware and VC's

InFamous805
06-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Xbox 360 is the best buy right now.

Makar
06-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Xbox 360 over all.

Chiski
06-22-2009, 07:32 PM

/Fanboy rant
Wii For The errr... Win!

vallu
06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Meh, 360 is obviously going to win. Too many fanboys here, PS3 is best bang for your buck.

PSP isn't too great, had mine for 3 years and I only watch movies on it.

Wii get boring after awhile, pretty good for house parties. I only play tennis and baseball on it once in awhile with friends.

360 has some decent games, nothing special though really. You will probably have to deal with red ring of death. You get a mic, and the arcade games are pretty fun to play with online.

PS3 comes with everything a 360 comes with and more. Free online, great games coming out this year and next. Comes stock with a blu-ray player. Seeing as it is the top dog as of now, you might want this if you don't already have a player.

After Modern Warfare 2, the 360 isn't going to get any good games. At least none are lined up at the moment, and the ps3 is getting mw2 anyway.

Also if you buy an older model PS3 you will get backwards compatiblity so you can play all your old PS2 games.

uh lets see... xbox 360 ftw becouse ps3 is expensive doesnt have great games unlike 360 (Fable 2, Left 4 dead(isn't even exclusive)) live isnt expensive and pi havent recieved RRoD yet becouse i actually take care of mine and because its BS

Fixed

Soulsbreaker
06-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Meh, 360 is obviously going to win. Too many fanboys here, PS3 is best bang for your buck.

PSP isn't too great, had mine for 3 years and I only watch movies on it.

Wii get boring after awhile, pretty good for house parties. I only play tennis and baseball on it once in awhile with friends.

360 has some decent games, nothing special though really. You will probably have to deal with red ring of death. You get a mic, and the arcade games are pretty fun to play with online.

PS3 comes with everything a 360 comes with and more. Free online, great games coming out this year and next. Comes stock with a blu-ray player. Seeing as it is the top dog as of now, you might want this if you don't already have a player.

After Modern Warfare 2, the 360 isn't going to get any good games. At least none are lined up at the moment, and the ps3 is getting mw2 anyway.

Also if you buy an older model PS3 you will get backwards compatiblity so you can play all your old PS2 games.

Fixed

sure... MW 2 who cares... after that game we're getting L4D2 and assassins creed 2 all great games.

ShadowPanther
06-23-2009, 06:30 AM
I personaly think the Gamecube, Playstaion II, and Nintendo 64 are the BEST consoles.

Bunny
06-23-2009, 06:51 AM
I personaly think the Gamecube, Playstaion II, and Nintendo 64 are the BEST consoles.

Nintendo 64 > PS3

shadykoopa
06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Nintendo 64 > PS3

The truth :lol

InFamous805
06-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I should probably justify my opinion. Btw, I own both a Xbox 360 and PS3 but not a Wii.

The 360 has everything you'll need at an affordable price. From $200 to $400 just pick the bundle you want. Also remember some consoles like the $400 Elite come with great games like Halo 3 and Fable 2.

And for the people who say the Xbox 360 has no good games, you should look harder.
Here's a little list of the Xbox 360 and it's features.

The Xbox 360 is almost always the lead platform for developing games, and even when it's not, the 360 version still comes out better. (Ghostbuster: The Video Game, lol)
The Xbox 360 also gets exclusive video game content. Look at GTA IV and Fallout 3. Also look at Modern Warfare 2, the 360 gets the map pack first.
The Xbox 360 also has a lot of exclusives coming up, like Alan Wake, Halo 3 O.D.S.T., Forza Motorsport 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Mass Effect 2 and Crackdown 2.
Xbox 360 is also home to the greatest online experience! I don't need to explain this.

Oh and you might hear some fanboys say the games above aren't exclusives but the fact is, a majority of console gamers don't have a gaming computer. So for the people who say "I'll just play it on my PC", they most likely won't. Some will, some won't. (and this is a console post not a pc)

I would also recommend a PS3 but I don't really play mine cause I have noting to play right now except Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. It's good for Blu-Ray though, that's a huge plus, and the games don't need multiple discs. But that's not a major problem on 360 though, most multiple disc games are RPGs.

And I can't tell you much on the Wii, sorry :crap

Oh, and the PSP is actually looking good with the new model and the games coming up like LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars, Monster Hunter, and the new Metal Gear Game. It's looking good to me :tongue3:

conflictsoul
07-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Dreamcast!

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
07-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Xbox 360, bigger and better game library, better graphics (comparison tests on highest performance situations, even though Sony overstocked the PS3 hardware wise), and don't forget Xbox Live which destroys the online experience of all other consoles.

Being a video game developer (I develop for both, Playstation 3 and XBOX 360) people ask me almost daily which platform I think is better. These are my personal feelings, in no way does this reflect my employer.

Short answer: XBOX 360.

Long answer: Price, performance, visual quality, game selection and online support. I think the XBOX 360 wins in everyone of these categories.

Performance: On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it's quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU's the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU's on the PS3. I suspect a few years down the road some high budget, first party PS3 exclusive titles will come out that really take advantage of the SPU's and do things the XBOX 360 can't, but I don't think the console is worth buying based on this speculation (for some it will be though, we'll have to wait and see how these games turn out).

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can't get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

07-09-2009, 08:18 AM
dude get the 360 for sure!

dued
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
You can't go wrong with the Xbox 360..unless u don't like there old fashioned game controllers. Of course the Wii has motion sensing but i hear Xbox 360 is going to be motion sensing also, of course the wii has the mii's, oh wait, but the xbox 360 has characters just like the mii's. Well whats going on here? Xbox 360 is trying to have the best console and provide everything u want in a system. The wii and PS3 are just looking at gaming needs cause they have lack of that.

Xbox 360 is probably ur best bet ( u got a 3 year warrenty so no worries mate!)

Don't get me wrong, the wii is a good system but i recommend playing the wii with a couple buds just to hang out and have some fun like playing fun multiplayer(4 player) games such as SSBB, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers, Mario Kart and so forth.
If u wnat to play alone with your wii(sounds dirty) then there is RE4, Splinter cell(also awsome co-op), Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, COD(not as good as other Systems) and THE CONDUIT!!(An amazing game, took me 7 hours or so to beat, but now i'm playing online, the online is just as good or maybe even better than HALO 3!!(and yes, i have played halo 3 online, the only difference is that Halo 3 can have 4 player co-op online)
Don't get me wrong(again..), the Xbox 360 has fun multiplayer(4 player) and fun Co-op action(2-4 players). But the wii just seems to be more fun and memorable, kinda like ur kids again or something. The xbox 360 is mostly fun only for shooter games(which i find), The wii has diversity. The PS3 also has diversity.
The PS3..When i first saw it, i hated it completely but now that i started playing it, it's awsome! maybe even better than the Xbox 360(Doesn't breakdown also), it has Little big Planet, Resistance(i think, like 40 player online!!), Infamous, MGS, Killzone(wicked!) and more. It's a wicked system with more benifits such as not paying to play online, blu-ray player(don't need a DVD player), better graphics(in my opinion) and more.
The Xbox 360. i thought it was too overrated! rebel against the machine! but the xbox 360 has games such as RE5(PS3 also has it), Fallout 3, BioShock(i think), COD(PS3 to), Halo of course and other great games.

Price is a different issue:
PS3-System,controller =400$
Games =60$ or so
3 controllers=96$-150$(depends what type)
Total=556$-610(also depends on how many games, controllers, etc!)
Xbox 360
System,Controller-200$-400$
Games-60$-70$
3 Controllers-150$
Total=410$(with no memory)-610(with memory, same price as PS3??)
Wii
System, Controller,Wii sports,etc-250$
games-50$ or lower
3 controllers/nunchuks-150$
Total=450$
( all prices are in U.S.)
The Xbox 360 sucks without memory, u can save some stuff but not maps on FPS shooters and stuff. I have seen Xbox 360 games at like 60 bucks and higher, same with PS3, the highest i have seen for the wii is like 54 bucks! The wii has cheap games man, not as good as graphics but super fun to play with freinds. The others have better graphics and can last u longer for playing alone.

Choose watever intrests u the most.
Xbox 360- Sometimes fun 4 player play, Amazing online(at a price(I think 90 bucks a year?)
PS3- Amazing system, don't need a DVD player, fun all around(wont break down)
Wii- Forgotten system(cause of bad graphics), wicked fun with a bunch of guys, Fun single player(but not to many of those), the conduit is the main game for it. Free online.

skaterbro9000
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Still think 360 ftw!!!!!!!!

JohnVictoria
07-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Xbox 360Xbox 360Xbox 360Xbox 360Xbox 360Xbox 360Xbox 360!!!!

Chaos Punk
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Once again, already a thread on this, come on people, search!

Dark Tails
07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
PC is best console to game on.

dued
07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
PC is best console to game on.

You obviously didnt' read the thread! He already has a PC and he wants something else to eh mac. And the PC is alright to..I like the controller feel when gaming( in my personal opinion!).

xMrKillYou
07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
It's simple: Xbox 360.

The greatest thing the PS3 has to offer is free online gaming, but that's about it. Everything else you can get on the 360.

Pyros
07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
PC simply thrashes all the competition. No where else can you find a assortment of great competitive gaming and casual gaming.

After the PC i suggest the wii for its unique gaming, and then the PS3 for it's assortment of JRPGs if you are that type. Then again ;P the 360 seems to be trying to steal the glory there too ^^

anyways.

PC > Wii > whatever else

Pyros

xMrKillYou
07-10-2009, 01:36 PM
What the HELL is wrong with you Pyros?! I should ****ing slap you across the face!

The PC, ok that's fine, but that doesn't count in this poll/thread.
The Wii has **** games except for SSBB, MadWorld, and The Conduit.
The PS3 costs more than the 360, and has only few exclusives that suck except for Resistance and Killzone.

The 360 is everything you need. Halo 3 is still one of the biggest games on the ****ing planet, and the next 2 Halo games that come out will be a hit! And you can't forget the exclusives: L4D, BioShock (well not anymore), Halo Series, and others.

Besides, you can get Modern Warefare:2 for the 360 also.

Mason
07-10-2009, 01:46 PM
im more of a computer gamer, i have a ps2 that i bought just for guitar hero 3 the day it came out, beat it on easy medium hard and expert in a day or 2, if i were to get a consle it would be the 360 because my freinds have them and i could build up gamerscore and wreck them all pretty freaking fast

xMrKillYou
07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Mason, you have to realize, gamerscore means sh*t.

Mason
07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Mason, you have to realize, gamerscore means sh*t.

i know that, but im saying i could get more than my freinds in a matter of days who have owned xbox's for over a year and have like ten thousand

xMrKillYou
07-10-2009, 01:53 PM
It would depend mostly on your skill and amount of games you have.

If you own Avatar:TLA:TBE, you could get 1000 gamerpoints in 5 mins.

Mason
07-10-2009, 01:54 PM
It would depend mostly on your skill and amount of games you have.

If you own Avatar:TLA:TBE, you could get 1000 gamerpoints in 5 mins.

i can pay $30 a month for unlimited rentals at blockbuster which is down the road

D3
07-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Buy a dreamcast XD
my favorite console...i miss it now.. CUZ IT BROKE!!!
nbut it's not for sale now, unless you check out ebay.
Get a PS3, cuz wii only has childish and stupid games. PS3 has lot's of cool games, dunno much about 360

shadykoopa
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
so much hate on the wii T.T I'll admit the 360 has its perks and so does the wii so whatever you choose you can't go wrong. :thumbs

xMrKillYou
07-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Mason, rent Avatar:TLA:TBE or something like that. Easy 1000 =D

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
07-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Here, I'll end the thread right now. Wii maximum video display resolution 480p.
Xbox 360 and PS3 maximum video display resolution 1080p. Xbox 360 does it better though.

dued
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Buy a dreamcast XD
my favorite console...i miss it now.. CUZ IT BROKE!!!
nbut it's not for sale now, unless you check out ebay.
Get a PS3, cuz wii only has childish and stupid games. PS3 has lot's of cool games, dunno much about 360

ur gay. RE4, the conduit, Splinter cell, Star wars, COD, GH. those don't look or sound childish. ur gay.

dued
07-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Xbox 360 and PS3 maximum video display resolution 1080p. Xbox 360 does it better though.

Ur gay to. Better graphics does not mean better games.

Fun>Graphics

Chaos Punk
07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Best system thread = FAIL

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
07-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Ur gay to. Better graphics does not mean better games.

Fun>Graphics

No but me as a gamer, I go for graphics, which is why when I upgrade my computer, I always go top of the line. Xbox 360 also has a bigger and better gaming library, but we don't need to get into that. When I played, I didn't play for fun, I played competitively, so I played for money and the challenge, but there was some enjoyment to it, other days it felt like a chore.

xMrKillYou
07-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Graphics don't matter completely, but they do have some role in games, especially if you play competitively.

For example, shadows. You can see when your opponents are coming, where they are, etc ...

P.S. Scammer, you have XBL?

binnerbenny1
07-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah, Xbox 360's are better than Playstation 3's and Wii's, I have all three. Xbox 360's have more and better games, LIVE costs but if you do the math it costs less than 11 pence a day and besides you are paying for the reliable Microsoft servers(apart from on any EA Game which is just really unreliable as they use EA servers), Sony uses the servers chosen by the companies who created the game which are nearly always 'Laggy' and unreliable while Nintendo servers are probably even more reliable but the online service is very boring and pointless. You also get the great LIVE service outside of games as well, you can see exactly what your friends are doing, it informs you of what game they are playing and what they are doing inside the game, you can compare achievements with them to see what they have accomplished in the game, much like Playstation 3 Trophies but better and trackable. You get access to interviews with game producers and developers, demos of unreleased games, trailers, add-ons, movies and television programs in standard and high definition quality.
There is an upcoming feature which could possibly change the gaming world, Project Natal, exclusively for the Xbox 360, it is a high quality camera fitted with a microphone that tracks 3rd dimensional movement in every part of your body and recognises voice commands, instead of using a controller to command your ingame character, use yourself, you are the contrrioller, if you were playing Grand Theft Auto IV for instance(even though there would need to be an update to make it compatable with Project Natal) and you were goiing to make Niko punch a russion thug who has been hassling Roman you would actually throw a punch and Niko would throw it exactly the same as you did in the real world. Lionhead studios(creators of the hugely succesful Fable series) has been working on a project known as 'Milo', it is basically software that shows a boy named Milo, you can talk to him and do different actions and he will recognise what you are saying or doing and respond appropriately, he might bring you to the pond to play with the fish where you could see your reflection and make the water ripple according to your movements.
It is much like the Wii but more responsive and generally more awesome.

uh lets see... xbox 360 ftw becouse ps3 is expensive doesnt have great games unlike 360 (prototype, Fable 2, Left 4 dead, Gta IV) live isnt expensive and pi havent recieved RRoD yet becouse i actually take care of mine and because its BS
Prototype and Grand Theft Auto IV are available on both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

binnerbenny1
07-12-2009, 03:02 AM
No but me as a gamer, I go for graphics, which is why when I upgrade my computer, I always go top of the line. Xbox 360 also has a bigger and better gaming library, but we don't need to get into that. When I played, I didn't play for fun, I played competitively, so I played for money and the challenge, but there was some enjoyment to it, other days it felt like a chore.

Games are meant to be enjoyed, fair enough upgrade to get better graphics and stuff but why do you play if you don't really enjoy it? I see what you are saying about the competetiveness of gaming but I can't see why you remain gaming without enjoying it.

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
07-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Games are meant to be enjoyed, fair enough upgrade to get better graphics and stuff but why do you play if you don't really enjoy it? I see what you are saying about the competetiveness of gaming but I can't see why you remain gaming without enjoying it.

Money. It's not that it's not enjoyable, it's fun a lot of the time, but sometimes you have commitments to your team, and you have to practice and scrim when you may want to chill with friends or just enjoy a nice day instead.

binnerbenny1
07-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Money. It's not that it's not enjoyable, it's fun a lot of the time, but sometimes you have commitments to your team, and you have to practice and scrim when you may want to chill with friends or just enjoy a nice day instead.
F*** your team, do what you want to do.

Chaos Punk
07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Ok, this is why trying to compare games systems is stupid, they're intended for different audiences. Wii is for more casual play, therefore the graphics don't even need to be that great, yet it has a few hardcore games like Mario Galaxy and The Conduit to keep it respectable at the very least. The Xbox 360 has an emphasis on multiplayer experience, hence why Xbox Live is so great, plus, the graphics aren't anything to scoff at. The PS3 is for people who want crisp, clean and amazing visuals. There isn't anything wrong with any of this, trying to compare Techno to Bluegrass to Punk Rock, all are intended for a specific group. That being said, my Wii game is almost done downloading.:thumbs

binnerbenny1
07-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Ok, this is why trying to compare games systems is stupid, they're intended for different audiences. Wii is for more casual play, therefore the graphics don't even need to be that great, yet it has a few hardcore games like Mario Galaxy and The Conduit to keep it respectable at the very least. The Xbox 360 has an emphasis on multiplayer experience, hence why Xbox Live is so great, plus, the graphics aren't anything to scoff at. The PS3 is for people who want crisp, clean and amazing visuals. There isn't anything wrong with any of this, trying to compare Techno to Bluegrass to Punk Rock, all are intended for a specific group. That being said, my Wii game is almost done downloading.:thumbs

I never thought of it like that.
One thing I want to point out is that any game with Mario in is not a hardcore game.

Saints
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
You obviously missed the best,
Alienware.

shadykoopa
07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
One thing I want to point out is that any game with Mario in is not a hardcore game.

I almost want to argue but i cant. Still mario has SOME moderately challenging games. Still the games are fun :laugh3:

Minimoose001
07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Xbox 360 beacouse the online is better then most consoles out there, its cheaper then the ps3, and more people play it then the ps3.

BlackDahlia
07-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Xbox 360, bigger and better game library, better graphics (comparison tests on highest performance situations, even though Sony overstocked the PS3 hardware wise), and don't forget Xbox Live which destroys the online experience of all other consoles.

Bigger library? I'll give you that one. Better though? Not so sure about that one. First of, what pretty much EVERYONE fails to understand is that when comparing consoles, you don't talk about multiplatform games. That being said, I can't exactly say the Xbox 360 has many great ones. Halo, come on, that is wayyy over rated. I agree, the PS3 also may not have many good exclusives. However, the difference between Xbox 360 and PS3 exclusives is that the PS3 exclusives that don't suck, turn out AMAZING.

You may say the Xbox 360 has better graphics than the PS3.. but you fail to mention that it's not by much. There isn't a HUGE difference between them.

And actually, the Xbox 360 online play does not beat the PS3's free online play. I'll tell you why, it actually has to do with a specific item bundled with all Xbox 360s. Care to take a guess? No? It's the d*mn mic. Those annoying little f*ckers on the mics. The reason there are far more people playing Xbox 360 over the PS3 is simple. Kids want a gaming console, they're not gonna buy it themselves because well.. they're kids. So who buys them? That's right, the parents. And most parents aren't gonna spend $400 on a console when they can get the cheaper $200 one. THAT is the sole reason the Xbox 360 sells more. Not the games, not the online, the price. So of course, when the majority of the gamers have Xbox 360 they're gonna assume it's better.

@bb521 - Don't go for any console just because of this thread. Obviously, and you knew before posting, the Xbox 360 was going to win because probably 1% of the people here even have a PS3. I would recommend going with whatever most of your friends have so you can play with them. Look at the exclusives on each console and compare which ones YOU would prefer to be playing. The Xbox 360 games are cheaper than the PS3 games and they also get cheaper faster. Especially used.

Being a video game developer (I develop for both, Playstation 3 and XBOX 360) people ask me almost daily which platform I think is better.

Whoa really? You should help me out since I'm trying to get into that :p

No but me as a gamer, I go for graphics, which is why when I upgrade my computer, I always go top of the line.

As Pyros said before, top of the line isn't necessary. You choose to go higher than you need. Basically a waste of money and a lot of potential not being used.

Pyros
07-14-2009, 12:34 AM

Longer time out in the game industry course it's got a bigger library. Better library? Sure, the way microsoft throws the money to developers they'd have no choice lol. But Wii has better exclusives lol ;P. And live does destroy but y'know, its paid for lol =/

Being a video game developer (I develop for both, Playstation 3 and XBOX 360) people ask me almost daily which platform I think is better. These are my personal feelings, in no way does this reflect my employer.

seriously?! o_O what the heck are you doing here ^^

What the HELL is wrong with you Pyros?! I should ****ing slap you across the face!

The PC, ok that's fine, but that doesn't count in this poll/thread.
The Wii has **** games except for SSBB, MadWorld, and The Conduit.
The PS3 costs more than the 360, and has only few exclusives that suck except for Resistance and Killzone.

The 360 is everything you need. Halo 3 is still one of the biggest games on the ****ing planet, and the next 2 Halo games that come out will be a hit! And you can't forget the exclusives: L4D, BioShock (well not anymore), Halo Series, and others.

Besides, you can get Modern Warefare:2 for the 360 also.

Cuz I'm a real gamer ^^? PC games thrash ever other type of game out there in terms of longevity and worth. Thats plain and simple. Few games meet up to standards set by PC.

The 360 is not on my want list any time soon. Anything the 360 can do. A PC does better and not only that. Exclusives on the 360 are lackluster at best, compared specifically for FPS' there's no better control scheme than mouse + keyboard. The quality of control + the ease of communication make PC the winner in all circumstances.

As for why I like the Wii second best? It's obvious. There is NOTHING bad about the wii. Graphics are graphics, you dont NEED them to play an enjoyable game. Tetris is a great game not because it's graphics really speak to you, but rather it's fun. Tetris on the DS multiplayer? That's hot.

I think a big issue that people forget when thinking about graphics is what does it mean. Pumping out more polygons and having better AA means nothing the majority of the time. It doesnt matter because it's there to be appreciated in still frames. When you play a game you enjoy you do NOT go wondering about the graphical prowess of a game. Its plain and simple. On screen shots everyone RAVES about it. And sure the initial "feel" is that this game is awesome. BUT when it comes down to it, once the game play has started and you start playing the game you will not care at all if you enjoy it. WOW factor is severely overrated imo.

Last issue I need to address is that fact that more important that graphics is art direction. Cel shaded? 2D? Cartoony 3D? Realistic 3D? its all an art direction that people choose to go in. THAT is what makes the game look and feel good. This is probably the most overlooked point there is.

I care to disagree ^^. Why? You might ask? Well its easy. the 360 gets all the attention and the PS3 gets the port. Simple as that. So in terms of cross platform games the 360 might deliver better but that's because the developers choose to do it from the 360 first.

In terms of unique releases for the 360 and the PS3 the PS3 CONSISTENTLY delivers 1080p over the 360 and the 360 can MAYBE consistently deliver 720p releases. In fact comparatively the 360 cannot do as much as you think it can. Halo 3 wasnt even outputting in 720p. It COULDNT output in 720, they scaled it as a result and most of the people glossed over it.

Pyros

Pyros
07-14-2009, 12:40 AM

Wrong. Mario does not mean the game is hardcore. But it does not mean its casual.

There are plenty of hardcore mario games out there. Do you know the definition of hardcore gaming? Careful with your words ^^ cuz the true definition of hardcore is often lost in translation and time.

Pyros

MeLonpan
07-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Wrong. Mario does not mean the game is hardcore. But it does not mean its casual.

There are plenty of hardcore mario games out there. Do you know the definition of hardcore gaming? Careful with your words ^^ cuz the true definition of hardcore is often lost in translation and time.

Pyros

All Nintendo has is Mario... Its the same plot every time just with a different style.

Pyros
07-14-2009, 12:55 AM
All Nintendo has is Mario... Its the same plot every time just with a different style.

That's what everyone argues ^^ but its wrong.
Mario, the majority, is similar yes. But the stories do differ from each one. But they never were heavy on the storylines to be honest with.

Mario's always been about platforming, and that's what it does and it does it well :D

That said. Halo is the same thing every time, but the same style LOL

Oh right, in terms of what Ninty has...
Pokemon
Mario
Pikmin
Zelda
Earth Bound
Fire Emblem
F-Zero
Golden Sun
Kirby
Starfy
Punch out
Starfox
Wario
Metroid

All owned and made by Nintendo ;D
I'm sure there's more lol, but you never know ^^

Pyros

MeLonpan
07-14-2009, 01:01 AM
That's what everyone argues ^^ but its wrong.
Mario, the majority, is similar yes. But the stories do differ from each one. But they never were heavy on the storylines to be honest with.

Mario's always been about platforming, and that's what it does and it does it well :D

That said. Halo is the same thing every time, but the same style LOL

Pyros

The fact that people play Halo is that its a great multiplayer, but yes it is the same and does get old after a while which is why i have not played in a while:crap

I guess its just the fact that every time i think of Wii or Nintendo MARIO!! (The only nintendo console i have really played was the n64) comes right to my head. I really cant think of a popular Wii game thats not Mario.

EDIT: Haha Lengend of Zelda, ok theres 2.
EDIT AGAIN: Yea see out of that list i only recognized like 3 of those games.

Pyros
07-14-2009, 01:06 AM
The fact that people play Halo is that its a great multiplayer, but yes it is the same and does get old after a while which is why i have not played in a while:crap

LOL, its true. The multiplayer is pretty decent :P COD4 imo has better multiplayer lol.

But me being a competitive gamer i love my multiplayer to death. Nintendo, i can honestly say, does not really get me into my groove for my competitive gaming needs. but that said neither does the 360 nor the PS3

I'm a PC gamer for all those needs, and ATM it's L4D and DotA that really pull me :P and have been pulling me for like... years ^^. Before that it'd be SC:BW and diablo1/2 lol

EDIT: Haha Lengend of Zelda, ok theres 2.
I guess its just the fact that every time i think of Wii or Nintendo MARIO!! (The only nintendo console i have really played was the n64) comes right to my head. I really cant think of a popular Wii game thats not Mario.

That's why I made a list for ya ^^

ANd yeah, everytime anyone thinks Nintendo they immediately think Mario lol. it's sad in a way but true. And it's not so bad ^^ he's a good .... useless character LOL

The list I gave ya is NINTENDO owned and produced :D not 3rd party, there's more if ya look lol =/

Pyros

MeLonpan
07-14-2009, 01:18 AM
LOL, its true. The multiplayer is pretty decent :P COD4 imo has better multiplayer lol.

But me being a competitive gamer i love my multiplayer to death. Nintendo, i can honestly say, does not really get me into my groove for my competitive gaming needs. but that said neither does the 360 nor the PS3

I'm a PC gamer for all those needs, and ATM it's L4D and DotA that really pull me :P and have been pulling me for like... years ^^. Before that it'd be SC:BW and diablo1/2 lol

That's why I made a list for ya ^^

ANd yeah, everytime anyone thinks Nintendo they immediately think Mario lol. it's sad in a way but true. And it's not so bad ^^ he's a good .... useless character LOL

The list I gave ya is NINTENDO owned and produced :D not 3rd party, there's more if ya look lol =/

Pyros

Multiplayer is the most important thing for me in a game and i have grown more attached to PC games even though I really have only played css, tf2, and gmod But They just never get with the fact theres so many different ways to play them. The only game i really only play on the Xbox now it RockBand 2.

And isnt Mario a plumber?

Pyros
07-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Multiplayer is the most important thing for me in a game and i have grown more attached to PC games even though I really have only played css, tf2, and gmod But They just never get with the fact theres so many different ways to play them. The only game i really only play on the Xbox now it RockBand 2.

And isnt Mario a plumber?

Yep, multiplayer is that important to gaming ;D you should get L4D or get into DotA and ill play with ya hahah

I definitely agree with the whole "different ways to play" thing cuz man... WC3 and SC:BW i spent hours on end playing custom maps... that was truly the time of creativity and budding game designers

Anyways... yes he is. lol. It's just a really messed up character imo ^^ he's a plumber..... and he goes around saving people by jumping on things lol. Thats about it =/ how much more weird can you get right ? =/

Pyros

Razrbackfan5
07-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Yep, multiplayer is that important to gaming ;D you should get L4D or get into DotA and ill play with ya hahah

I definitely agree with the whole "different ways to play" thing cuz man... WC3 and SC:BW i spent hours on end playing custom maps... that was truly the time of creativity and budding game designers

Anyways... yes he is. lol. It's just a really messed up character imo ^^ he's a plumber..... and he goes around saving people by jumping on things lol. Thats about it =/ how much more weird can you get right ? =/

Pyros

I used to like Mario until I watched his movie.

Pyros
07-14-2009, 01:31 AM
I used to like Mario until I watched his movie.

Yeah lol, that was a turn off ;P i wonder why Nintendo ever let them use the name lol

Pyros

MeLonpan
07-14-2009, 01:32 AM

Pyros

My friend keeps wanting me to get DotA, i might get it but i havent played any games like it before.

Hmm a Plumber that jumps on things to kill them, well thats original ill give them that.

@Razorback: theres a Mario movie??

Pyros
07-14-2009, 01:44 AM
My friend keeps wanting me to get DotA, i might get it but i havent played any games like it before.

its a great game ^^ it's not DOTA that is the game you're getting. its WC3 and it's got a TON (i still vouch for SC being better in some of the maps hehe) of great custom user maps made that you can play if you get bored of DotA lol.

Actually, those tower defense games that is all the rage nowadays, desktop tower defense, and the other spin offs (pixel junk monsters.. grrr) that everyone tries to market off of was originally created as a starcraft map....

i hate how everything credits desktop tower defense... pisses me off lol.

Hmm a Plumber that jumps on things to kill them, well thats original ill give them that.

exactly o_o.... but personally i think we need more of that lol. we've moved past that era i feel we wont get any of those great characters anymore ;P

earthworm jim anyone?!

LOL the super mario bros movie? or the mario bros movie ITS HORRIBLE O_O ... live action garbage ><

Pyros

Razrbackfan5
07-14-2009, 01:44 AM

Yeah it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Oh and what are these games yall are talking about?

Pyros
07-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Oh and what are these games yall are talking about?

Defense of the Ancients
its a Warcraft 3 custom map.

its popularity literally exploded. A well crafted well balanced multiplayer game with consistent new updates that would make game and game developers jealous. there are an estimated 4-6 million players playing the game, and that is by PURELY word of mouth. That is to say that no one advertised this, it's not on tv, people just told each other about a game they liked its popularity spread.

just for reference. 4-6 million is a big number btw ^^ its a sale target that few games will reach, and devs are happy when their popular games get past 1 million lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

Pyros

Razrbackfan5
07-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Defense of the Ancients
its a Warcraft 3 custom map.

its popularity literally exploded. A well crafted well balanced multiplayer game with consistent new updates that would make game and game developers jealous. there are an estimated 4-6 million players playing the game, and that is by PURELY word of mouth. That is to say that no one advertised this, it's not on tv, people just told each other about a game they liked its popularity spread.

just for reference. 4-6 million is a big number btw ^^ its a sale target that few games will reach, and devs are happy when their popular games get past 1 million lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

Pyros
Oh haha
Im more of a Sports Gamer so that is why I dont really know about those kinda games.
Oh and that song is freakin sweet!!

Pyros
07-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Oh haha
Im more of a Sports Gamer so that is why I dont really know about those kinda games.
Oh and that song is freakin sweet!!

To each their own ^^.

I find that sports games are great in their own way (btw get wii sports resort if for the basketball portion alone lol) but as a competitive gamer i find taht sports games are seriously lacking direction and cohesiveness =(

I'm very critical so i do get around to playing a ton of games inclusive of sport games :D

i think the most fun i've had was playing the NFL games and to be honest >.> temco bowl for the NES was probably the most fun i've had outta sports game :D hahaha

Pyros

Razrbackfan5
07-14-2009, 02:05 AM
To each their own ^^.

I find that sports games are great in their own way (btw get wii sports resort if for the basketball portion alone lol) but as a competitive gamer i find taht sports games are seriously lacking direction and cohesiveness =(

I'm very critical so i do get around to playing a ton of games inclusive of sport games :D

i think the most fun i've had was playing the NFL games and to be honest >.> temco bowl for the NES was probably the most fun i've had outta sports game :D hahaha

Pyros

I dont think I was even born when NES came out lol.
I would get Wii Sports but im probably ganna sell my Wii.
I had fun with it for a few months but then it just got old and I havent played it in forever.

Pyros
07-14-2009, 02:14 AM
I dont think I was even born when NES came out lol.
I would get Wii Sports but im probably ganna sell my Wii.
I had fun with it for a few months but then it just got old and I havent played it in forever.

lol touche.
meh its the closest thing to being fun for me ^^ i play the wii casually of course when i got time. obviously my grinding is for the PC lol.

Pyros

Razrbackfan5
07-14-2009, 02:19 AM
lol touche.
meh its the closest thing to being fun for me ^^ i play the wii casually of course when i got time. obviously my grinding is for the PC lol.

Pyros

Haha
My favorite thing to do is to play CoD4 on Xbox Live and listen to the little kids complain.
What kind of computer do you have?

Pyros
07-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Haha
My favorite thing to do is to play CoD4 on Xbox Live and listen to the little kids complain.
What kind of computer do you have?

nothing special.

e6600 core 2 duo
4 gb of ddr2 ram at 1066 mhz
about 5 tb hd space
8800 GTS 640 mb

planning on getting a new one soon.

Pyros

JohnVictoria
07-14-2009, 02:25 AM
nothing special.

e6600 core 2 duo
4 gb of ddr2 ram at 1066 mhz
about 5 tb hd space
8800 GTS 640 mb

planning on getting a new one soon.

Pyros
that's something special.
thats the computer i am planing to get.

Razrbackfan5
07-14-2009, 02:29 AM

What kinda computer do you have now

Pyros
07-14-2009, 02:30 AM

really? :P aim a bit higher ^^ mines kinda meh now :D
for the same price you can definitely get a better rig ;D

at least the video card and CPU can get changed up. get a e8300 and a 9800GT or something hehe (i like nvidia better honestly but the radeon equiv is better)

Pyros

Havoc
07-14-2009, 02:32 AM
really? :P aim a bit higher ^^ mines kinda meh now :D
for the same price you can definitely get a better rig ;D

at least the video card and CPU can get changed up. get a e8300 and a 9800GT or something hehe (i like nvidia better honestly but the radeon equiv is better)

Pyros

im rocking the m17x alienware laptop. beat that ***** (hot wheels reference lol)

Pyros
07-14-2009, 02:41 AM
im rocking the m17x alienware laptop. beat that ***** (hot wheels reference lol)

lol im not out to beat anyone >< and i custom build my PCs anyways

Pyros

Havoc
07-14-2009, 02:43 AM
lol im not out to beat anyone >< and i custom build my PCs anyways

Pyros

lol so did i(kinda) i took it apart when i got it, put in my custom processor. it owns so hard

Pyros
07-14-2009, 02:47 AM
lol so did i(kinda) i took it apart when i got it, put in my custom processor. it owns so hard

haha i see ;D

Pyros

Havoc
07-14-2009, 02:48 AM
haha i see ;D

Pyros

private message me nao nubos

JohnVictoria
07-14-2009, 02:52 AM
What kinda computer do you have now

here's mine

e6600 core 2 duo
3 gb of ddr2 ram
about 640 gig space
9500 GS 512 mb
2.33 GHZ

Pyros
07-14-2009, 02:59 AM
here's mine

e6600 core 2 duo
3 gb of ddr2 ram
about 640 gig space
9500 GS 512 mb
2.33 GHZ

so good ;D

Pyros

shadykoopa
07-14-2009, 04:19 AM
What are we talking about computers or games? >.> I would like to say all the sonic games from sonic adventure back rocked. The recent are garbage x.x

Chaos Punk
07-14-2009, 05:57 AM

EVERY game with Mario is a hardcore game. You can't tell me that Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart or Paper Mario aren't hardcore. Oh, I forgot to mention Mario Party.

Pyros
07-15-2009, 01:09 AM
EVERY game with Mario is a hardcore game. You can't tell me that Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart or Paper Mario aren't hardcore. Oh, I forgot to mention Mario Party.

lol glad someone realizes it ^^

Just a quick definition....

Hard core is not simple FPS or RTS. It's the definition of games that you put effort into. Casual is defined by pick up and play games. Hope in and join for a bit or play for like 10 minute sessions.

Mario games are actually very hard core. And from their roots they were hard core. You dare not turn off your NES when playing mario because there was no save ;D and you'd have to do it all over again lol.

SO yeah, I mean certainly back then there were hard core pacman players and hardcore donkey kong players. only games that really are just made and meant for casual gaming with a majority audience playing them casually should be called casual.

Pyros

Dark Tails
07-15-2009, 01:13 AM
here's mine

e6600 core 2 duo
3 gb of ddr2 ram
about 640 gig space
9500 GS 512 mb
2.33 GHZ
intel 4(or some **** like that)
1 gb ram
about 200 gig space
7300 gs 512
3.?? GHZ

JohnVictoria
07-15-2009, 01:14 AM
so good ;D

Pyros
it's not that good since it's is slow on games and is now broken so i only need to repair it.

JohnVictoria
07-15-2009, 01:16 AM
intel 4(or some **** like that)
1 gb ram
about 200 gig space
7300 gs 512
3.?? GHZ
3 GHZ?
thats good.

Pyros
07-15-2009, 01:37 AM
it's not that good since it's is slow on games and is now broken so i only need to repair it.

its better than mine man >.>

Pyros

fuzzwinkly
07-15-2009, 02:33 AM
ps3 aint bad, but 360 is the shizz and has awesome games (Sacred 2, Fable II,Prototype, Tony Hawks: P8)

crox-52
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Get ps3 it has the best graphics and other than halo better exclusive games.