PDA

View Full Version : My video game - Need ideas

BlackDahlia
06-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Well like the title says, I need ideas. I just started to learn a bit of programming (hell of a lot more to go) because I want to make a game. I had this awesome idea, but I figured something so awesome should not be my first project so I'm postponing that till I get really good.

In the meantime, I'm spending some time learning C++ and I thought that my time away from learning could be used to start making characters. I decided to go for a simple fighting game as it doesn't require as much of a story and as much programming. Just a couple characters and a small story for each.

So I could definitely use some ideas. Maybe some character descriptions, powers, moves and so on. Any [serious] ideas would be much appreciated. If you could give me some ideas or maybe even a quick sketch it would be awesome.

I already started making some quick simple drawings for characters, maybe I'll show you guys later.

+rep if you help :grin:

Philanthropist
06-12-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.good-tutorials.com/
http://www.cprogramming.com/

Great place to start with programming and other C++ learning.

I am also learning HTML/CSS, it so fun.

BlackDahlia
06-12-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.good-tutorials.com/
http://www.cprogramming.com/

Great place to start with programming and other C++ learning.

I am also learning HTML/CSS, it so fun.

Thanks, I'll definitely check them out when I have time. I got some books lol

Philanthropist
06-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Well before you move on to doing this project of yours, ask yourself one questions, is it worth it? And if it is and your sure of it then good luck.

Soulsbreaker
06-12-2009, 02:14 PM
make a small rpg game like Stick RPG... a kid from my town actually made the game and it turned out to be very good so use that as a starter then move on to 3d and etc. or make a cheapo shooting game.

Dark Tails
06-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Make a open world shooter

*nuff said*

ryuk1214
06-12-2009, 05:58 PM
im makin pokemon jade. So like rpg adventure (but ive done C++ for a long time)

Max Galleio
06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Well like the title says, I need ideas. I just started to learn a bit of programming (hell of a lot more to go) because I want to make a game. I had this awesome idea, but I figured something so awesome should not be my first project so I'm postponing that till I get really good.

In the meantime, I'm spending some time learning C++ and I thought that my time away from learning could be used to start making characters. I decided to go for a simple fighting game as it doesn't require as much of a story and as much programming. Just a couple characters and a small story for each.

So I could definitely use some ideas. Maybe some character descriptions, powers, moves and so on. Any [serious] ideas would be much appreciated. If you could give me some ideas or maybe even a quick sketch it would be awesome.

I already started making some quick simple drawings for characters, maybe I'll show you guys later.

+rep if you help :grin:

a reminiscent Bloody Roar game is a good place to start off with.

just don't include the lady that can transform into a mole >.<

BlackDahlia
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
a reminiscent Bloody Roar game is a good place to start off with.

just don't include the lady that can transform into a mole >.<

This was the only good suggestion. Actually looks pretty good. Hmm.. 2D vs 3D fighting O.o

Everyone else wants me to do RPG :frown

Minimoose001
06-17-2009, 03:15 PM
This was the only good suggestion. Actually looks pretty good. Hmm.. 2D vs 3D fighting O.o

Everyone else wants me to do RPG :frown

A 2d rpg sounds easier then an open world type of game, so go for an rpg

BlackDahlia
06-17-2009, 03:34 PM
A 2d rpg sounds easier then an open world type of game, so go for an rpg

I'm not making an RPG

Brayan
06-17-2009, 03:41 PM
maybe you can make a game with a blue background in every level and a person trying to get a cheese to go to the next level(maze)

Minimoose001
06-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm not making an RPG

I thought you were asking what type of game to make?

Minimoose001
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
probably wasnt reading close enough again.:laugh3:

Wax
06-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Make a game similar to H3 or WoW.

Lolz.

Callum
06-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Each character has something good about him and something bad

I had this idea on the new zombies on cod, when i was the fat russian, i said he should have extra bullet damage but can't sprint, because he is fat :p

But something like that would be nice to add variety.