PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a game

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah can you guys recommend me a good game? Preferably an older/not expensive ps3 game? I only want to spend $20 tops since I just bought Prototype.

Rave
06-08-2009, 03:49 PM
i WOULD recommend re5 but, its over $20

Dark Tails
06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah can you guys recommend me a good game? Preferably an older/not expensive ps3 game? I only want to spend $20 tops since I just bought Prototype.

Is prototype good?

Pyros
06-08-2009, 03:51 PM
i recommend RE4 for the wii

Pyros

Chiski
06-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Super Mario Bros. :D

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
i WOULD recommend re5 but, its over $20

RE5 is lame, I'm gonna borrow the game.

Is prototype good?

Comes out tomorrow.

i recommend RE4 for the wii

Pyros

I'm playing it for the PS2. I have no wii

Pyros
06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
lol, the wii versions is 10x better but no point playing the game twice i guess.
go get infamous?

Pyros

Rave
06-08-2009, 03:55 PM

Comes out tomorrow.

didnt you ever see the gameplay?

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
lol, the wii versions is 10x better but no point playing the game twice i guess.
go get infamous?

Pyros

The game hates me. I have to make a different save at the end of each chapter because I usually have to go back because they don't give me enough ammo :shifty: Infamous is $60

didnt you ever see the gameplay?

For RE5? Same thing as RE4, I'm not too into non-zombie RE games. I liked 3 the best.

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
RE5 sucked bad imo. it was a copy of RE4 trying to capitalize on RE4's success but with the addition of multiple things that made the game less scary and less fun

hwo about fight night? im not a fan but im sure a ton of peopel are.

Pyros

Dark Tails
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Comes out tomorrow.

Ah, well, when you get it, review it or something, cuz im thinking of getting.

TMasterMan
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Devil may cry 4

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
RE5 sucked bad imo. it was a copy of RE4 trying to capitalize on RE4's success but with the addition of multiple things that made the game less scary and less fun

hwo about fight night? im not a fan but im sure a ton of peopel are.

Pyros

Boxing? Sports games suck =/ Sports are for watching/playing in real life not for video games imo

Ah, well, when you get it, review it or something, cuz im thinking of getting.

I probably won't get it till next week cuz amazon hates me >.<

Devil may cry 4

Do I need to play the first 3 for that?

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
SO just what TYPE of games do you like then

Pyros

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:11 PM
SO just what TYPE of games do you like then

Pyros

Action, shooter really. I tend to be kinda picky though. I just beat Uncharted and GTA4. I guess I'm looking for a good story.

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
MGS4 then

Pyros

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
MGS4 then

Pyros

Have it lol I'm looking for a good story to help develop a story for my game :p

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Have it lol I'm looking for a good story to help develop a story for my game :p

ooooh what game ;D
and errm... bioshock, fallout 3, (i would recommend the originals of these two as they were FAR GREATER than their predecessors. system shock 1 and 2, and fall out 1 and 2)

Pyros

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
ooooh what game ;D
and errm... bioshock, fallout 3, (i would recommend the originals of these two as they were FAR GREATER than their predecessors. system shock 1 and 2, and fall out 1 and 2)

Pyros

Well I'm trying to be original so it's probably something no one's really seen before.. but I'm not sure if people would like some of my ideas. Those ideas being no real main characters and multiple endings (and I'm not talking about just 2 or 3 endings). I have an idea ready for the opening but I'm trying to figure out how the whole story will play out.

And for some reason I had a feeling you would recommend those two games.. games I dislike with a passion.

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Well I'm trying to be original so it's probably something no one's really seen before.. but I'm not sure if people would like some of my ideas. Those ideas being no real main characters and multiple endings (and I'm not talking about just 2 or 3 endings). I have an idea ready for the opening but I'm trying to figure out how the whole story will play out.

And for some reason I had a feeling you would recommend those two games.. games I dislike with a passion.

I hate them too ^^ when you suggest action and shooter and story thats what comes to mind. Sorry to burst your bubble but thats the GENERICISM of FPS' and only these few games sought out to be different ever so slightly.

Go play some PC games, STALKER, FEAR blah blah blah they are ok. lol, what genre is your game and are you making it yourself?

Pyros

Max Galleio
06-08-2009, 04:26 PM
hmmm, well have you tried Stuntman?

i think Wheelman doesn't fit your category, but it looked like it was worth playing.

Burnout: Paradise?

Billinator
06-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Jet force Gemini for the N64. If you don't have the system you can buy one either online ( usually goes for 30 bucks ) along with the game or get one at Gamestop. Very few Gamestops still carries one or two. I'm lucky, the one by me carries one along with gameshark, the controls and games. The game can go from 10-20$! You might have to spend a bit more over 20 but the game is long, lots of first person shooting, and it has multiplayer. Oh and it came out during 1997 I think so yeah, its old.

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I hate them too ^^ when you suggest action and shooter and story thats what comes to mind. Sorry to burst your bubble but thats the GENERICISM of FPS' and only these few games sought out to be different ever so slightly.

Go play some PC games, STALKER, FEAR blah blah blah they are ok. lol, what genre is your game and are you making it yourself?

Pyros

Well I didn't say first person, I just said shooter. I mean to be honest the best shooters I've played have been MGS4 and Uncharted. You have the action/adventure plus you have the third person shooter. And then the awesome story was a definite bonus, I was never bored. Afterall, FPS is only good for online and I definitely need a good long break from that.

I would play PC games but uh, my computer stats suck (mainly the graphics card) and I really don't know what kind I need. I rather just wait till I buy a Dual or Quad processor.

Yeah I'm making it myself. It's gonna have some Uncharted/MGS type of shooter, plus some stealth action. I guess it kinda sounds like a MGS ripoff but it'll have it's twists.

hmmm, well have you tried Stuntman?

i think Wheelman doesn't fit your category, but it looked like it was worth playing.

Burnout: Paradise?

I actually haven't heard of those (except for burnout) I'll check em out.

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Well I didn't say first person, I just said shooter. I mean to be honest the best shooters I've played have been MGS4 and Uncharted. You have the action/adventure plus you have the third person shooter. And then the awesome story was a definite bonus, I was never bored. Afterall, FPS is only good for online and I definitely need a good long break from that.

I would play PC games but uh, my computer stats suck (mainly the graphics card) and I really don't know what kind I need. I rather just wait till I buy a Dual or Quad processor.

Yeah I'm making it myself. It's gonna have some Uncharted/MGS type of shooter, plus some stealth action. I guess it kinda sounds like a MGS ripoff but it'll have it's twists.

I actually haven't heard of those (except for burnout) I'll check em out.

impressive :P you do 3d programming?

Pyros

Max Galleio
06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Paradise is totally worth it.
it is the best burnout game yet, and prolly will remain that way for the next 5 years.

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:41 PM
impressive :P you do 3d programming?

Pyros

I have 2 years of experience on 3Ds max from my architecture class during high school (I did my own projects and spent minimal time on actual assignments). But I've heard Maya is better so I need to learn a whole new program on my own >.> It's basically the same as 3Ds max but I don't know they keys to specific things I want to do (mess with vertices and so on). And I'm looking into programming which is.. rather boring.

Dark Tails
06-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Paradise is totally worth it.
it is the best burnout game yet, and prolly will remain that way for the next 5 years.

Paradise is good, and its easy to get for free.

Just download the demo, and install full version instead, then use a crack, and you got full version.

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I have 2 years of experience on 3Ds max from my architecture class during high school (I did my own projects and spent minimal time on actual assignments). But I've heard Maya is better so I need to learn a whole new program on my own >.> It's basically the same as 3Ds max but I don't know they keys to specific things I want to do (mess with vertices and so on). And I'm looking into programming which is.. rather boring.

100% boring, but you wont be able to make a game without it you know. thats the bones of the game, the meat is the pretty stuff.

Pyros

Billinator
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
100% boring, but you wont be able to make a game without it you know. thats the bones of the game, the meat is the pretty stuff.

Pyros

Hahaha lol

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Pyros

The only good stuff is the final product lol

I actually just found Army of Two for like $10. I'm still looking though. (I only have $250 till I find a job which is rather hard to find in Chicago)

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:51 PM
The only good stuff is the final product lol

I actually just found Army of Two for like $10. I'm still looking though. (I only have $250 till I find a job which is rather hard to find in Chicago)

lol maybe you should find a job first ><?

Pyros

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
lol maybe you should find a job first ><?

Pyros

My mom can't even find a job. That's how bad it is. That and my stick shift car. It's badass but when you can't drive it, it's like a toy you can't play with =/

Pyros
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
My mom can't even find a job. That's how bad it is. That and my stick shift car. It's badass but when you can't drive it, it's like a toy you can't play with =/

ouch thats rough, well at lest you're getting something through GPTs right? lol

Pyros

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
ouch thats rough, well at lest you're getting something through GPTs right? lol

Pyros

I haven't logged onto my GPTs account since.. uh.. mid October perhaps?

Billinator
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Same story with my mom. My sis and dad both have jobs and my mom is still searching, it sucks if you don't have another job lined up. I'm about to get clobbered with 3-4 thousand $ from my graduation. New computer, here I come! I've gotten about 120 already.

refmaker
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
forceunleashed but idk how much it is on ps3 prbly more than $20

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Same story with my mom. My sis and dad both have jobs and my mom is still searching, it sucks if you don't have another job lined up. I'm about to get clobbered with 3-4 thousand $ from my graduation. New computer, here I come! I've gotten about 120 already.

Nice, when I graduated my "reward" was a cake? Oh, a cake for me and my sister since we just happened to graduate the same year :shifty: Anyways, I think I can keep most of that $250 I have left for a couple months. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Warped Tour and that's it.

Billinator
06-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Nice, when I graduated my "reward" was a cake? Oh, a cake for me and my sister since we just happened to graduate the same year :shifty: Anyways, I think I can keep most of that $250 I have left for a couple months. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Warped Tour and that's it.

Its better than nothing! My sis got around 3000 just from graduation along with a party. So the same goes with me. I hope I beat my sis's earnings. lol

WineCooLer
06-08-2009, 05:10 PM
What about RainbowSixVegas?

BlackDahlia
06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Its better than nothing! My sis got around 3000 just from graduation along with a party. So the same goes with me. I hope I beat my sis's earnings. lol

lol good luck, even if you beat her by $10 rub it in her face xp

What about RainbowSixVegas?

Hmm.. I didn't think of that. Thanks I'll definitely check it out