PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Vs. Xbox 360? (E3 Chat?)

Dox
06-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Now this isn't a thread to choose which you like best but you may, Now for a long time now there has been a dispute against both of these systems of which is best. These disputes are only opinionated. "PS3 is better because of this" or "Xbox 360 is better because of this" and these disputes have gone so far as to get angry because a game is exclusive to a console. Now when MGS:R was announced at E3 1-2 days ago from today I have read comments saying "Xbox doesn't deserve this", Now I'm a Sony and Microsoft fan and I've been playing MGS since Playstation 1 when I was in first grade, I love it. I was very happy to hear it was coming to 360 because I don't have the PS3 although I do like my 360 very much I don't think I would leave it for the PS3 although I would love one.

I made this thread so both Playstation and Xbox fan boys/girls could both try and make peace :)
Each system has it's pros and cons but bashing one system entirely with not all information at hand is a bit crazy.

Playstation has several good games that 360 doesn't have that I'm ashamed for as well as the 360 having great games that the PS3 may not have. So lets talk about it here, we can discuss E3 and the dispute against both consoles, the Wii may be included. Any game discussed at E3 in general may also be discussed.

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 02:21 PM
you for got Wii, first of all
second, this should just be changed to a general E3 chat thread.

Jahid
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Xbox 360's conference was much better then PS3's the new project natal looks amazing and Metal gear solid is also coming to xbox...

Dox
06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I did mention the Wii and I can't change the thread name, it is what it is. Also, I'm not too sure about the 360 E3 conference. I think they did alright, although it did surprise me with the Left 4 Dead 2, that was a surprise for me as well as Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Other than that I think Sony did very good. The wii conference to me was very boring and they did a horrible job, I think the Wii games weren't great at all, I was hoping for a new zelda announcement for wii but got nothing but wii sports hype.

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Haha, you obviously didn't pay attention.
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Outer M
Dead Space: Extraction
Super Mario Bros. for Wii

for DS:
Mario and Luigi: Inside Bowser or somethin like that
Kingdom Hearts for DS

They ARE working on another zelda title, but they didn't have enough done in time for E3, thats why they had no announcement

they will either announce next year, or announce at the end of summer (hopefully).

Dox
06-04-2009, 02:32 PM
[Accidental Double Post] Sorry. I can't delete it.

Dox
06-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Haha, you obviously didn't pay attention.
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Outer M
Dead Space: Extraction
Super Mario Bros. for Wii

for DS:
Mario and Luigi: Inside Bowser or somethin like that
Kingdom Hearts for DS

They ARE working on another zelda title, but they didn't have enough done in time for E3, thats why they had no announcement

they will either announce next year, or announce at the end of summer (hopefully).

I'm glad you brought those up I have to admit the new Metroid looks great, the Dead space is a great add on and the Kingdom Hearts for DS was an amazement to me other than that for me it wasn't enough to help the Wii's constant talk about it's Wii sports and Wii fit. I was maybe amazed by two games in the whole Wii conference. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Wii, I'm a huge nintendo fan and have been since the NES but Nintendo is going down hill with it's Wii sports as it's primary weapon and less talk of the old games like Zelda, although they have focused on their franchise hero, mario. I don't see much of a future for nintendo if they keep up the Wii Sports and Wii fit and keep releasing family games like cooking mama and horse games and stuff, things like that, that no one really buys or wants. I think they need to do what Sony and Microsoft are doing and keep up with the rated T and M games.

Brayan
06-04-2009, 02:45 PM
the console that did best was wii then xbox then ps3 because i was shocked at all the hardcore games that wii was putting in like the conduit,2 RE games, galaxy 2,red steel 2,metroid: other M, final fantasy, tmnt smash-up, deadspace,cod mf2,mario bros 2, there were lots of applauses and xbox with halo reach and halo odts and the cod demo
and sony had batman,star wars,tony hawk, and psp lol also they had a racing game with miis,or that was xbox

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 02:45 PM
they don't consider most hardcore games by third party developers orth announcing.

Did they even announce the T and M games from third party developers?

No new Wii accessories or enhancements?

Larrygman8
06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Wii= fun, family, and movement

Xbox360= Good bang for your buck, good online service, constant updates and tweaks

PS3= For the "rich" people

P.S. I have a 360, only becuase wii=no hd, and ps3= out of my price range, i wanted a ps3 because i had a ps2, but sony got greedy:shifty:

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 02:48 PM
the components a ps3 is built w/ is why its so expensive.

blu ray is better my ass

Pyros
06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm glad you brought those up I have to admit the new Metroid looks great, the Dead space is a great add on and the Kingdom Hearts for DS was an amazement to me other than that for me it wasn't enough to help the Wii's constant talk about it's Wii sports and Wii fit. I was maybe amazed by two games in the whole Wii conference. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Wii, I'm a huge nintendo fan and have been since the NES but Nintendo is going down hill with it's Wii sports as it's primary weapon and less talk of the old games like Zelda, although they have focused on their franchise hero, mario. I don't see much of a future for nintendo if they keep up the Wii Sports and Wii fit and keep releasing family games like cooking mama and horse games and stuff, things like that, that no one really buys or wants. I think they need to do what Sony and Microsoft are doing and keep up with the rated T and M games.

why wouldnt there be a future? theres 50 million wiis world wide.
There's great games being released as of now and yet you never care about them?

the conduit?
punch out wii?
excite bots?
mario galaxy 2
nwe super mario bros wii?
sin and punihsment 2
dead space
resident evil ( the newest one )
metroid other m
capcom vs tsukamoto? lol

i mean the list KEEPS ON GOING. Yet at the same time you ignore the majority of the good games out there. Just because you hear them talk about wii sports and wii fit doesnt mean that they are 100% focused on that.

If anything the offerings this year from nintendo and for nintendo far out strip what if offers for ps3/360 this year.

and last but not least, if anything you should be more worried that wii fit and wii sports are going to be the figure head of ps3 and 360 now with their newly touted motion controllers.

Pyros

Dox
06-04-2009, 02:50 PM
[Accidental Double Post] Sorry. I can't delete it.

the console that did best was wii then xbox then ps3 because i was shocked at all the hardcore games that wii was putting in like the conduit,2 RE games, galaxy 2,red steel 2,metroid: other M, final fantasy, tmnt smash-up, deadspace,cod mf2,mario bros 2, there were lots of applauses and xbox with halo reach and halo odts and the cod demo
and sony had batman,star wars,tony hawk, and psp lol also they had a racing game with miis,or that was xboxTo be honest through out the conference I heard very little to no applause to the Wii, in my opinion Sony did the best with it's new PSP and MGS game coming out not to mention their other games announced.

Larrygman8
06-04-2009, 02:50 PM
the components a ps3 is built w/ is why its so expensive.

blu ray is better my ass

and that's how they get ya, why be forced to get things you may want to be optional, for instants, wireless, most people prefer hardwire for gaming, it only comes in handy if your in a situation were your not near your router/modem

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
The RE games for Wii look ****ing EPIC.
I am definitely getting the new one, and Umbrella Chronicles as well.

(I need a perfect shot for Wii, lol.)

Pyros
06-04-2009, 02:55 PM
they don't consider most hardcore games by third party developers orth announcing.

Did they even announce the T and M games from third party developers?

No new Wii accessories or enhancements?

there was a wii accessory, it was useless lol :P it read your pulse and crap
also there was wii motion plus but we all knew that was coming ^^ cant wait for wii sports resort

and at NINTENDO's conference they announce NINTENDO games. At other conferences they will announce the other games. And yes other games were talked about/announced

Wii= fun, family, and movement

Xbox360= Good bang for your buck, good online service, constant updates and tweaks

PS3= For the "rich" people

P.S. I have a 360, only becuase wii=no hd, and ps3= out of my price range, i wanted a ps3 because i had a ps2, but sony got greedy:shifty:

360 is bad for you buck.
online service fail in comparison to a PC
constant updates and tweaks that force you to pay and are nothing better than PC upgrades
all of that you have to again pay for. Why own a 360 when you can own a PC?

Pyros

Larrygman8
06-04-2009, 02:55 PM

meh, wii still rips you though, why don't they charge the old $50 price for there games since there non-hd, i mean, motion capture was around be the wii was out and things didn't cost that much, but meh, maybe when i start working i might buy a wii when my 360 completely dies:thumbs

Pyros
06-04-2009, 02:56 PM

dont its not good, you gotta add weights into the grip of the gun if you want it to be good. otherwise it'll hurt your wrist from extended play.

but you can do that yourslef i guess im going to :D and i got from dealextreme.

Pyros

Larrygman8
there was a wii accessory, it was useless lol :P it read your pulse and crap
also there was wii motion plus but we all knew that was coming ^^ cant wait for wii sports resort

and at NINTENDO's conference they announce NINTENDO games. At other conferences they will announce the other games. And yes other games were talked about/announced

360 is bad for you buck.
online service fail in comparison to a PC
constant updates and tweaks that force you to pay and are nothing better than PC upgrades
all of that you have to again pay for. Why own a 360 when you can own a PC?

Pyros

umm, not following you pyros, who is the company behind both pc and xbox, oh yeah MICROSOFT so either way there getting your money:thumbs

Max Galleio
because it is basically a PC, you just can't successfully mod it and get all the illegal stuff you get on a PC.

Pyros
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
meh, wii still rips you though, why don't they charge the old $50 price for there games since there non-hd, i mean, motion capture was around be the wii was out and things didn't cost that much, but meh, maybe when i start working i might buy a wii when my 360 completely dies:thumbs

i agree the 50 $ cost should be cheaper for the wii since they do save more money making the game, but i think that a wii game can be up to 50 $ if dev time and stuff is that intensive.

Pyros

Larrygman8
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
because it is basically a PC, you just can't successfully mod it and get all the illegal stuff you get on a PC.

:lol2, many people that have modded xbox's beg to differ

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 02:59 PM
you know games graphics compare to 360.

devs have completely figured out the Wii's programming language. The Conduit was basically HD.

Larrygman8
06-04-2009, 03:00 PM
i agree the 50 $ cost should be cheaper for the wii since they do save more money making the game, but i think that a wii game can be up to 50 $ if dev time and stuff is that intensive.

Pyros

devs took the same amount of time and effort with the ps2, xbox and gamecube, and games stayed at a $50 price tag, now i can see why the 360 and PS3 prices went up

Xbox360=hd
PS3=blu-ray/hd
Wii=still standard?

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:00 PM
umm, not following you pyros, who is the company behind both pc and xbox, oh yeah MICROSOFT so either way there getting your money:thumbs

Microsoft didnt invent the PC. they have an OS on there yeah sure, but they sure know how to suck it up. Remember back when games for windows was stupid? oh wait it still is ^^

they are getting my money for an OS that is about it. You PAY for your internet right? or your parents pay. On top of that you PAY for usage of live... which is completely retarded ^^.

Pyros

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
not when you have Rewards1!

Larrygman8
06-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Microsoft didnt invent the PC. they have an OS on there yeah sure, but they sure know how to suck it up. Remember back when games for windows was stupid? oh wait it still is ^^

they are getting my money for an OS that is about it. You PAY for your internet right? or your parents pay. On top of that you PAY for usage of live... which is completely retarded ^^.

Pyros

so let me get this straight, you wouldn't pay for a reliable service? that's like saying oh, i paid for the phone and the service is free, i bet if that happened you would only be aloud 2 calls a day at best, excluding emergency calls. Another example, I paid for the car but not the maintenance, well, you can sum up the rest

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Xbox Live service and it's accessories and games aren't as costly as you may think. I have one and the online cost is fairly small because if it was as expensive as I thought it would have been before I got one their was no way I would be able to get it. It's actually almost pocket change when you look at it and have a job, it's not much of a big deal really. 20 bucks for 3 months sound fair as well as 40 bucks for 12 months.

Larrygman8
06-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Xbox Live service and it's accessories and games aren't as costly as you may think. I have one and the online cost is fairly small because if it was as expensive as I thought it would have been before I got one their was no way I would be able to get it. It's actually almost pocket change when you look at it and have a job, it's not much of a big deal really. 20 bucks for 3 months sound fair as well as 40 bucks for 12 months.

exactly, $40 a year is less than a car, house, hell even a cell phone payment, plus, the "costly accessories" are optional you don't have to buy them, people choose too

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I think paying for my live is a better choice because I wouldn't want to have a free online play system with several internet problems, maybe server downs and such that the PS3 may experience time to time. Paying for your internet gaming access has less of a chance of something happening then not paying, agree?

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:08 PM
so let me get this straight, you wouldn't pay for a reliable service? that's like saying oh, i paid for the phone and the service is free, i bet if that happened you would only be aloud 2 calls a day at best, excluding emergency calls. Another example, I paid for the car but not the maintenance, well, you can sum up the rest

No, this is how it is. I have the reliable service already.
Now another company comes out saying that if you want to use their reliable service which is worse you have to pay.

You are right, it SOUNDS fair. And it ISNT expensive. In fact I can probably scrounge up enough change a month to get 40 $ a month living on nothing. Yet at the same time you pay for internet, and you can use msn, you can voice chat, you and browse the web and do so much more all for free... yet they ask you to pay so that you can get a gimped msn? and a gimped steam?

Pyros

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
not when you have Rewards1!
Its all free!

This guys a genius!

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I think paying for my live is a better choice because I wouldn't want to have a free online play system with several internet problems, maybe server downs and such that the PS3 may experience time to time. Paying for your internet gaming access has less of a chance of something happening then not paying, agree?

Its not hard to make a game that has good net and never goes down. It really depends though, a light service like battle.net, msn and steam are free... yet an even lighter service like live isnt?

Pyros

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Its not hard to make a game that has good net and never goes down. It really depends though, a light service like battle.net, msn and steam are free... yet an even lighter service like live isnt?

Pyros

Right, not to rag on your choice of system of your freedom to spend your money. But it's really MY OPINION, lol, that the service should've been free and they do not bring much to the table.

But yes, go ahead and spend the money they way you wish :P. But getting ripped off like that is like frustrating to me. So carry on >.>

Pyros

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Pyros

Well, I look at it like this... with live you're paying for MSN, Voice chat, profile, game market place, video market place, videos on hints/tips/etc., free game demos, pics, themes, packs and more. When I view it that way for just maybe 10 bucks a month or 20 bucks for 3 months or even 40 bucks for 1 year, I think thats a fine price to pay not to mention their's really no problem with connections and servers. I used to complain about it before I got my xbox but when I got it I had no reason to complain, It really wasn't as bad as I thought. So the small fee every few months isn't the problem for me, although it may for others.

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
what about announcements for Final Fantasy?

my friend told me of the ps3 making a Wii like controller, but the motion is much better.

360 having that codename, it was just the eye enhanced.

BlackDahlia
06-04-2009, 03:29 PM
and sony had batman,star wars,tony hawk, and psp lol also they had a racing game with miis,or that was xbox

wii > xbox > ps3? How exactly can you say that?
Nintendo's conference sucked, it was boring, no one really cared for it (as usual) and they had no real "wow" there so.. No way in hell did they do the best.

Microsoft didn't really show much either. What did they have? Halo? L4D2? Overall not much, only a couple games looked worth buying. Not to mention it was kind of stupid to put MW2 on their conference. IMO it's stupid to try to win a conference over with a multiplatform game UNLESS all parties talk about it. Their "big win" was Project Natal which isn't really that interesting.

Sony on the other hand had the PSP GO! which looks awesome, but it's damn expensive. Practically like buying a second PS3. They had MGS:PW which Hideo Kojima basically said was the "true sequel" and that MGS:R was a spin-off. ModNation Racers looked nice, not something I'd buy though. Sony's FFXII bit was MUCH better than Microsoft's not to mention FFIV announced. The Last Guardian was definitely interesting. GT5, Uncharted 2, MAG, and lets not forget GoW3.

I think it's safe to say Sony > Microsoft > Ubisoft > McDonald's greasy ass fries > a hobo > Nintendo

Pyros
Well, I look at it like this... with live you're paying for MSN, Voice chat, profile, game market place, video market place, videos on hints/tips/etc., free game demos, pics, themes, packs and more. When I view it that way for just maybe 10 bucks a month or 20 bucks for 3 months or even 40 bucks for 1 year, I think thats a fine price to pay not to mention their's really no problem with connections and servers. I used to complain about it before I got my xbox but when I got it I had no reason to complain, It really wasn't as bad as I thought. So the small fee every few months isn't the problem for me, although it may for others.

Of course, it's never bad if you got no costs weighing you down or you always go enough money. If you gotta be picky then you gotta pick and choose. Not only that, people that CHOOSE TO BUY something are more "accepting" of it. Its a proven fact ;D once you've gotten yourself into it, people are more likely to go "oh no, its actually quite alright" lol

btw, again the net provides all of that for free... =/
if i offered you a donut and said it was free, and then i offered you another donut (but crappier) and said it was $1 which would you buy?

I mean you are justifying your purchase BUT at the same time, given the option to choose one you would choose the free one. Once you sank your $300 into the 360 it would be pointless to not pay the monthly so you pay it =/ plain and simple.

my friend told me of the ps3 making a Wii like controller, but the motion is much better.

360 having that codename, it was just the eye enhanced.

sony is releasing a motion controller like the wii, it's dual wielding. exactly like the wii with technology somewhat reversed.
theres a final fantasy 14 in the works now.

Pyros

Dox

360 having that codename, it was just the eye enhanced.Yeah both Sony and Microsoft are coming out with motion sensing like the Wii but a lot better. The 360 uses no controller and the PS3 will be using one. You can check it out on youtube. I'm not too fond of either of them being motion sensing for me isn't as fun as picking up an actual controller, the games for motion sensing also aren't as fun. I think we should stick to controllers until we can figure out how to give gaming the 100% actual feel but I guess slow and steady wins the race with the motion sensing as the first attempt to move gaming up to reality.

BlackDahlia
06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
btw, again the net provides all of that for free... =/
if i offered you a donut and said it was free, and then i offered you another donut (but crappier) and said it was $1 which would you buy?

Lol I just had to say, the only one you would be able to buy would be the crappier one obviously because the other is free xp

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Lol I just had to say, the only one you would be able to buy would be the crappier one obviously because the other is free xplmao, I just got it after reading it twice.

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
wii > xbox > ps3? How exactly can you say that?
Nintendo's conference sucked, it was boring, no one really cared for it (as usual) and they had no real "wow" there so.. No way in hell did they do the best.
Meh, whether or not a conference was "stunning" or not doesnt mean anything. Year ago, Microsoft had a crappy conference and the year before that too. Go figure. Didn't mean anything, Sony still plays catch up at the same pace as the 360, Nintendo is still soaring through the roof with their sales data.

Microsoft didn't really show much either. What did they have? Halo? L4D2? Overall not much, only a couple games looked worth buying. Not to mention it was kind of stupid to put MW2 on their conference. IMO it's stupid to try to win a conference over with a multiplatform game UNLESS all parties talk about it. Their "big win" was Project Natal which isn't really that interesting.

They had garbage basically ^^, in sheer number of worthwhile games to own though Nintendo had the most games this year that people would want ;D

Sony on the other hand had the PSP GO! which looks awesome, but it's damn expensive. Practically like buying a second PS3. They had MGS:PW which Hideo Kojima basically said was the "true sequel" and that MGS:R was a spin-off. ModNation Racers looked nice, not something I'd buy though. Sony's FFXII bit was MUCH better than Microsoft's not to mention FFIV announced. The Last Guardian was definitely interesting. GT5, Uncharted 2, MAG, and lets not forget GoW3.

Meh, again the games announced are ok o_O.... but again they arent anything good to look forward to.

I think it's safe to say Sony > Microsoft > Ubisoft > McDonald's greasy ass fries > a hobo > Nintendo
You got that list reversed ^^
All you did was say everyone sucked and then stated nintendo gets owned by hobos >.>

Pyros

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Lol I just had to say, the only one you would be able to buy would be the crappier one obviously because the other is free xp

Har har har
charming.

Pyros

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
God of war 3 looked really good.
I hope to at least watch my friend play it, it looks so awesome.

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:38 PM
I think Nintendo focused too much on charts and sales with the Wii and the Wii fits and sports. They mentioned little on hyped things, thats all. They try to appeal to everyone not just one group of gamers, it's a nice try, yeah but if it's failing this bad then why not switch it up and be like Sony or Micro?
Once again I've heard little to no applause and the gaming chats on G4 E3 and Justin.tv that hosted the live streaming everyone boo'd the Wii and didn't want to hear anymore of it because it was so "boring" because of all the talk with their sales and stuff.
In my opinion the motion stuff doesn't work too well.

BlackDahlia
06-04-2009, 03:38 PM
You got that list reversed ^^
All you did was say everyone sucked and then stated nintendo gets owned by hobos >.>

Pyros

Lol well you know, from reading your other posts it would definitely seem like you prefer Wii and PC over 360 and PS3 so it's understandable that you would think Nintendo did best. I mean how can you say you're not looking forward to GoW3? Even the 360 fanboys want a PS3 just for that game.

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Lol well you know, from reading your other posts it would definitely seem like you prefer Wii and PC over 360 and PS3 so it's understandable that you would think Nintendo did best. I mean how can you say you're not looking forward to GoW3? Even the 360 fanboys want a PS3 just for that game.

Well I've had a PS2 and played part one and two of GoW. Both of them are pretty much the same so part three shouldn't be any different then the two. Although it does look good I wouldn't say I would buy a PS3 JUST for that, if I was going to buy a PS3 to be honest it would be for MGS4 and any other future MGS games. GoW just isn't that big to me.

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
You keep saying Nintendo didn't concentrate on the hyped stuff, whoever represents Heavy Rain did the same thing.

Why didn't I see much for that?
I didn't see all of E3 yet, where was the new Army Of Two,
Bioshock 2, Prototype, Singularity, etc. these are games worth talking about

BlackDahlia
06-04-2009, 03:45 PM
You keep saying Nintendo didn't concentrate on the hyped stuff, whoever represents Heavy Rain did the same thing.

It would be stupid to talk about Heavy Rain during the conference. E3 isn't over and Heavy Rain has it's own presentation time sometime today.

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:46 PM

hahah, IMO
Wii > PS3 > 360

But no, I actually am a harsh critic on games. I do not prefer graphics on games simply because it makes a game look good. I prefer good game play, intriguing mechanics, and fun. ANY GAME not up to par with my standards I deem pretty much crappy. That is, unless I enjoy a game it's not worth my time.

That said, no I'm not looking forward to GOW3. I played the first two, part way never beat either but the game play was not alluring enough for me to go through the entire thing. Given I was completely and utterly bored sure.

Bioshock was a good game I blasted through that like crazy. The shooting was sharp and good, the balance was OK, the story was OK, but it wasnt boring to play to me.

Crysis, the so called pinnacle of graphics was boring as hell... lol :P so that went to the gutter.

RE5 sucked balls, RE4 rocked, even without the wiimote ( but was REALLY a complete experience with the wiimote ).

Hype does not catch me I merely play if the game is good or if it is bad. The only reason that I really rank the wii that high is that i feel that it's got potential, and that it's already doing so much for us by changing the games and how we approach them. And theres more potential to be tapped.

Pyros

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:47 PM

There are a lot of good games that weren't mentioned for the 360 that kind of bugged me like Lost Planet 2. But I know why Prototype wasn't mentioned... because it's only a week away, it's already has it's own commercial so why bother mentioning it as a console hype? It's already out there.

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:49 PM
hahah, IMO
Wii > PS3 > 360

But no, I actually am a harsh critic on games. I do not prefer graphics on games simply because it makes a game look good. I prefer good game play, intriguing mechanics, and fun. ANY GAME not up to par with my standards I deem pretty much crappy. That is, unless I enjoy a game it's not worth my time.

That said, no I'm not looking forward to GOW3. I played the first two, part way never beat either but the game play was not alluring enough for me to go through the entire thing. Given I was completely and utterly bored sure.

Bioshock was a good game I blasted through that like crazy. The shooting was sharp and good, the balance was OK, the story was OK, but it wasnt boring to play to me.

Crysis, the so called pinnacle of graphics was boring as hell... lol :P so that went to the gutter.

RE5 sucked balls, RE4 rocked, even without the wiimote ( but was REALLY a complete experience with the wiimote ).

Hype does not catch me I merely play if the game is good or if it is bad. The only reason that I really rank the wii that high is that i feel that it's got potential, and that it's already doing so much for us by changing the games and how we approach them. And theres more potential to be tapped.

Pyros

you know it!
Anyone see the Super Mario Protest?
funny as hell

but other than that,
Rockband Unplugged for PSP was slightly covered, while The Beatles: Rock Band was heavily covered

Lego Rock Band is going to be covered, theres a lot of covering of Rock Band.

Anything on Guitar Hero 5?

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I think Nintendo focused too much on charts and sales with the Wii and the Wii fits and sports. They mentioned little on hyped things, thats all. They try to appeal to everyone not just one group of gamers, it's a nice try, yeah but if it's failing this bad then why not switch it up and be like Sony or Micro?
Once again I've heard little to no applause and the gaming chats on G4 E3 and Justin.tv that hosted the live streaming everyone boo'd the Wii and didn't want to hear anymore of it because it was so "boring" because of all the talk with their sales and stuff.
In my opinion the motion stuff doesn't work too well.

Actually it was because nintendo was failing so bad to be microsoft and sony that it switched gears and became a huge success....

Doenst matter whether or not you get excited from their conference or not. You know I bet i could get the entire audience to scream, just hand out free wiis or something. EASY.

The way things were going before 2008 was a hell hole of doom for gaming. And Nintendo changed that. They fixed gaming they made it live. Gaming would've been hit SO HARD if nintendo wasnt around, casual games and fun games MADE the game industry and it's saving it as we speak.

Too many people are too hooked into the hype and marketing of things (something microsoft started with the stupid halo 3 mountain dew garabge) that game devs cant keep up. Hardware is all HD now and they gotta step up their game like x10 to keep up in terms of cost. Artists and everything costs more. The only games they can sell now is HD quality with superior graphics etc etc. And companies are going down under as a result. With the advent of the wii EA and Ubisoft can make money and so can all the new devs.... before then everyone was just trying to make the next halo, and that would've guaranteed the death of the industry.

Pyros

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
There are a lot of good games that weren't mentioned for the 360 that kind of bugged me like Lost Planet 2. But I know why Prototype wasn't mentioned... because it's only a week away, it's already has it's own commercial so why bother mentioning it as a console hype? It's already out there.

as stated in my quote above. the way microsoft is spewing hype it's killing the game industry. It doesnt matter anyways, the games coming out THIS year arent anything special save for all of nintendo's great games :D

Pyros

BlackDahlia
06-04-2009, 03:54 PM
hahah, IMO
Wii > PS3 > 360

Pyros

Notice I said 360 fanboys would want GoW3 and not Wii fanboys? :p And RE4 is gayyyy. I am playing it for the first time and Ashley, god I wish I could just kill her myself. I expected RE5 would suck, just like I expected I wouldn't like a non-zombie game.

Don't worry, when I start making games I'll make your ass so hyped about a game you'll buy a PS3 and a 360 with online :p

If anyone wants to watch E3 it's here:
http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/
(MAG on ATM)
And I gotta go before I get yelled at for missing my gf's graduation :shifty:
Cya

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
if Nintendo had finished more of their next Zelda title, they could have had something prepared for E3

THAT would have got the crowd going.

Dox
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
as stated in my quote above. the way microsoft is spewing hype it's killing the game industry. It doesnt matter anyways, the games coming out THIS year arent anything special save for all of nintendo's great games :D

Pyros

All of nintendos great games?... Like what... three? ;D :P jk

weedface
06-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I'd rather buy a wii than a ps3, i will never regret buying my xbox 360

Pyros
06-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Notice I said 360 fanboys would want GoW3 and not Wii fanboys? :p And RE4 is gayyyy. I am playing it for the first time and Ashley, god I wish I could just kill her myself. I expected RE5 would suck, just like I expected I wouldn't like a non-zombie game.

Don't worry, when I start making games I'll make your ass so hyped about a game you'll buy a PS3 and a 360 with online :p

If anyone wants to watch E3 it's here:
http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/
(MAG on ATM)
And I gotta go before I get yelled at for missing my gf's graduation :shifty:
Cya

lol enjoy it ^^ and have fun :D

and dont worry :D when i start making wii games. I'll make em that fun and great that EVERYONE including yourself will buy a wii just for it ^^

All of nintendos great games?... Like what... three? ;D :P jk

LOL maybe not great to you but theres a ton out there yah. This year alone theres like a ton of games that I would love.

No more Heros 2 is also coming out :D whheeee awesome

Pyros

TMasterMan
06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Dam when I brought my 360 I had to buy a headset, like two controllers, some wires, and some charging thing. Mad Expensive :/

Besides my dreamcast owns all. Sonic :)

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Pyros, did you pick up Madworld?
I would get that, and HOTD overkill, but no money.......

Pyros
06-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Pyros, did you pick up Madworld?
I would get that, and HOTD overkill, but no money.......

hahaha :P no my thoughts about madworld arent that good. >.> i'd explain more but i figure it might turn you off of the game.

HOTD i got O_o i loved every minute of it lol :D

Pyros

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I know, it looked beeter than the reboot of 2&3 return.

The Conduit will be worth it once I get it.

Soulsbreaker
06-04-2009, 05:11 PM
would somebody be able to tell me what E3 is? short version also....

Dox
06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
lol, E3 is a gaming convention that happends once a year, they announce all the new games and accessories for all consoles. It's really big.

Soulsbreaker
06-04-2009, 05:58 PM
like G4? since they too also announce games... freind of mine recorded them on tape of them talking about making a fable 2

Dox
06-04-2009, 06:01 PM
No not like G4, although G4 covers the E3 conventions. Youtube it or look for the E3 live stream of it if you'd like. It's a big thing for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

Soulsbreaker
06-04-2009, 06:08 PM
ah.... well i have no Audio becouse computer is being stupid but it sounds like E3 is really big thing... what Bill gates came too?

Max Galleio
06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
ah.... well i have no Audio becouse computer is being stupid but it sounds like E3 is really big thing... what Bill gates came too?

No. the gaming section of microsoft goes to E3 to present their latest works.

Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft are the big three, but before, maybe still, there are third party devs that present their works for the big three.

E3 is now an invite only for game journalists, like Chris Kohler for Wired blog, (as an example)

I would like to go to E3 at least once in my life

Dox
06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
No. the gaming section of microsoft goes to E3 to present their latest works.

Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft are the big three, but before, maybe still, there are third party devs that present their works for the big three.

E3 is now an invite only for game journalists, like Chris Kohler for Wired blog, (as an example)

I would like to go to E3 at least once in my life

Well put, I hope those who didn't understand what E3 is, now does. :)
Hope you go check out the live streaming of the 09 convention, be warned they are 1-2 hours long each, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. They aren't boring so you shouldn't really be warned they can be exciting.