PDA

View Full Version : Which system would u rather get a Xbox 360 or a PS3?

yockman55
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I want 1 but i dont no witch 1 2 get first!?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad::help:mad::help:

Snake
06-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I want 1 but i dont no witch 1 2 get first!?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad::help:mad::help:

Xbox360 IMO is better, but then again I wanna get a ps3 for MGS4 and Killzone2.

HeroOfGuitarHero
06-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Without a doubt, the Xbox 360. I know PS3 is having Metal Gear Solid, but eventually the 360 will have it also...
I just think the 360 has a way better selection of games, and the PS3 still has a lot of catching up to do.

phantomonkey
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
360 is better.

Choose a 360!!!:lol

SativaSam
06-19-2008, 11:46 AM
360. PS3 is too expensive, even with the price drops. Blu-Ray movies are 30$, seriously, what are people thinking? The ONLY reason to get a PS3 over a 360 is MGS4. I can't stress that enough.

Aminimouse2
01-26-2011, 01:33 AM
@HeroOfGuitarHero: 360 will never have MGS4.
@SativaSam: Ps3 costs less than the 360 now. With strait up costs (assuming you buy the 360 pro and the ps3 slim) the ps3 DOES cost $50 more. With Xbox Live costing a MINIMUM of $40 a year, plus, if you have to get it, the $100 wireless adaptor, 360 costs a hell of a lot more. Think about it, when did 360 come out? Like 6 years ago? 6 years of live is almost $300 at minimum? Damn.. with that you could have bought another 360, or better yet, a ps3!

@yockman55: To answer your question, my strait up answer is going to be ps3, and I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but let me tell you why. 360 came out a year before ps3, which means more people have 360. That's just how it is. Most of the people that say 360 is better either claim that it's better because of the community or strait up know nothing about ps3. More of your real life friends will probably have a 360 because of this.

I am a proud owner of both systems, play frequently on each, and I will admit, both have their pros and cons.

360 Pros:
Larger Community
Larger Game choice
Much larger Arcade
Cross-Game Chat

360 Cons:
Pay for Online
Red Rings (Don't say it stopped after 2nd gen. It didn't)
Disk Scratching
Huge Power Block

Ps3 Pros:
8 duel processor (as opposed to 360s 3 processors)
PSN runs on Dedicated Servers as Live runs on FTP servers (lags less (fact))
Free Online play (as well as unlimited accounts)
Free downloadable content* (kind of. Will explain below)
Bluray (get a decent TV and an HDMI cable and you WILL see the difference)
Web Browser (youtube, email, facebook, anything else)
Smaller Community** (I'll explain why this can be a good thing below)
Can't get banned.

Ps3 Cons:
Uhh...
Derp...?

*Okay so you can get free downloadable content on PSN if ANYONE you know buys it and trusts you to go on their account for a brief moment. Sony is completely aware of this situation and has not gotten rid. I'm not quite sure for their reasoning and cannot speak for them but that's how it is. 360, I understand, used to have this feature but it is no longer possible to do so I believe

**I'm just going to offer a small example of why a smaller community can be better than a larger one. If you've played MW2, you may have seen some people "quickscoping." You may have also seen 80% of the people using "Noob Tubes" like it's the only gun they have available. I have to say that every time I tried to play MW2 (before Black Ops that is) on 360, there was always at least half the people in the lobby noob tubing the **** out of everyone. Take a trip to PSN. Take away the noob tubes, give them an intervention. There are just about as many quickscopers on PS3 as there are Noob Tubers on 360, and again, I have and play on both systems.

jkernan7553
01-26-2011, 03:27 AM
@SativaSam: Ps3 costs less than the 360 now. With strait up costs (assuming you buy the 360 pro and the ps3 slim) the ps3 DOES cost $50 more. With Xbox Live costing a MINIMUM of $40 a year, plus, if you have to get it, the $100 wireless adaptor, 360 costs a hell of a lot more. Think about it, when did 360 come out? Like 6 years ago? 6 years of live is almost $300 at minimum? Damn.. with that you could have bought another 360, or better yet, a ps3!

@yockman55: To answer your question, my strait up answer is going to be ps3, and I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but let me tell you why. 360 came out a year before ps3, which means more people have 360. That's just how it is. Most of the people that say 360 is better either claim that it's better because of the community or strait up know nothing about ps3. More of your real life friends will probably have a 360 because of this.

I am a proud owner of both systems, play frequently on each, and I will admit, both have their pros and cons.

360 Pros:
Larger Community
Larger Game choice
Much larger Arcade
Cross-Game Chat

360 Cons:
Pay for Online
Disk Scratching
Huge Power Block

Ps3 Pros:
Can't get banned.

Ps3 Cons:
Uhh...
Derp...?

*Okay so you can get free downloadable content on PSN if ANYONE you know buys it and trusts you to go on their account for a brief moment. Sony is completely aware of this situation and has not gotten rid. I'm not quite sure for their reasoning and cannot speak for them but that's how it is. 360, I understand, used to have this feature but it is no longer possible to do so I believe

**I'm just going to offer a small example of why a smaller community can be better than a larger one. If you've played MW2, you may have seen some people "quickscoping." You may have also seen 80% of the people using "Noob Tubes" like it's the only gun they have available. I have to say that every time I tried to play MW2 (before Black Ops that is) on 360, there was always at least half the people in the lobby noob tubing the **** out of everyone. Take a trip to PSN. Take away the noob tubes, give them an intervention. There are just about as many quickscopers on PS3 as there are Noob Tubers on 360, and again, I have and play on both systems.
Nice huge paragraph for a thread that is almost 3 yrs old.

ld2179
01-28-2011, 01:30 PM

360 Pros:
Larger Community
Larger Game choice
Much larger Arcade
Cross-Game Chat

360 Cons:
Pay for Online
Disk Scratching
Huge Power Block

Ps3 Pros:
Can't get banned.

Ps3 Cons:
Uhh...
Derp...?

actually you can get banned on PS3 .... i have just saying

Darky
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
XBOX 360 especially..

-Darky