PDA

View Full Version : Wii Grand Theft Auto for wii...Should they make it or not?

dued
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
OK..There have been rumors about having Grand Theft Auto coming to the wii platform..I want your opinion..Should they have it for wii or not? Now don't say " The wii is not a next gen console" or stuff like that..the wii is and this is not about if the wii is good enough for it or anything eh.

So should they have GTA for wii?([{Be Honest}]).

Falsifying
03-06-2009, 04:08 AM
Hell yes. Hell fcking yes. That would be so sick!!

Pyros
03-06-2009, 09:11 AM
thatd be awesome ^^ too bad they probably wont and if they do they'll half ass the bloody thing.

Pyros

Louis
03-06-2009, 09:13 AM
They're wouldn't be much point.

A wii is mainly aimed at children.

If they were going to make a game for a console, it would be for the 360 or PS3.

Pyros
03-06-2009, 09:14 AM

If they were going to make a game for a console, it would be for the 360 or PS3.

-_- *AHEM* the wii is not meant for children its meant for all ages. children included.

Pyros

Louis
03-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Haha, Pyros feels a bit embarressed.

The wii is for casual gamers (MOSTLY CHILDREN)

Pyros
03-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Haha, Pyros feels a bit embarressed.

The wii is for casual gamers (MOSTLY CHILDREN)

-_- hardly embarrassed. The wii is aimed all all audiences. That includes the hardcore and the casual. I dont casual game. Just look at our brawl thread -_-

Pyros

TiN TiN
03-06-2009, 09:19 AM
children included.

Pyros

Which is why you play! :p

FaRdDiN
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
YEEEEESSSSSSSSss
if they make it ima buy like 10 copies :thumbs
it will be bare sik

Louis
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
OK, lets put it this way.

People with the 360/PS3 are more than likely wanting shooting/action games than wii owners.

Want Proof? Check any gaming forum, All the top games on the wii forum will be slightly childish and like adventure style. On a 360/PS3, most will be shooter/action games.

To summarize, if they released a GTA on 360, it would get more sales than on a wii, so why make one for wii, when they could make one for 360 and get more money?

The only reason they are relasing the one for DS is because theres already some out for the psp, so theres no competition.

Pyros
03-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Which is why you play! :p

OMG o-O dont make me start hating and ranting cuz if i do and i swear I will... THE TIDE OF DOOM WILL START ROLLING. OCEANS WILL BOIL WHILE THUNDER CLOUDS BREW. 7 DEMONIC PORTALS FROM THE DIMENSION OF PAIN WILL OPEN RESOUNDINGLY PLAYING THE SONG OF THE ETERNALLY DAMNED RUPTURING EARS AND TEARING THROUGH MINDS OF HUMAN AND ANIMAL ALIKE. DARKNESS WILL BE YOUR FRIEND AS YOU DARE NOT SEE THE HORRORS THAT ARE ACTED AND REENACTED ON YOU AND YOUR KIN FROM THE DARK ARTS I POSSESS

Pyros

Pyros
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM
OK, lets put it this way.

People with the 360/PS3 are more than likely wanting shooting/action games than wii owners.

Want Proof? Check any gaming forum, All the top games on the wii forum will be slightly childish and like adventure style. On a 360/PS3, most will be shooter/action games.

To summarize, if they released a GTA on 360, it would get more sales than on a wii, so why make one for wii, when they could make one for 360 and get more money?

The only reason they are relasing the one for DS is because theres already some out for the psp, so theres no competition.

Wii gamers LOVE shooters O_O wtf you smoking!? There just isnt a lot of developers being smart enough to capitalize on the bloody thing. Launch game: Red Steel. CRAPPY ASS GAME in terms of how well they made it and expectations but it sold like hot potatoes cuz wii gamers WANT a shooter.

Secondly FPS games are overly done. The majority of them suck and theres only 1-2 good ones. Im sorry if hard core gaming is 100% FPS (sad state the gaming industry is in right now) but hardcore gaming grew up on RPGs, Adventure, Fighters, and Platformers.

CONSOLE FPS has neither the right nor the worth to be even considered anything near hardcore. Its built for casuals.

Pyros

FaRdDiN
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
oi pyros redsteel isn't that bad
ive clocked 50% of the game :p

Louis
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Pyros, be reasonable.

Which console would a new GTA sell more on - 360/PS3 or Wii?

FaRdDiN
03-06-2009, 09:33 AM
louis it will sell more on wii :thumbs
cause there is hardly any games like that on it
so everyone would buy it :p

Louis
03-06-2009, 09:36 AM

Not really.

Most wii buyers will buy, but if it's on a 360/PS3 they get 2 sections of buyers.

A game for PS3/360 can be the EXACT same game, but for wii, they have to change it.

It's alot easier to make 1 game for 2 consoles, then 1 game for 1 console.

Pyros
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
oi pyros redsteel isn't that bad
ive clocked 50% of the game :p

I beat the game 100%. I actually enjoy that game. Personally the game is broken but the fact that I played it 100% through means that its a tolerable bare minimum FPS. AND I have high standards. Like... insanely high ^^

Pyros, be reasonable.

Which console would a new GTA sell more on - 360/PS3 or Wii?

It would be broken. Its not up to par with what should be on a wii game if they did develop it as a wii game. People are too head over heels on graphics and everything that it wouldn't be a proper GTA on the wii.

As Louis says below.... ;D

Not really.

Most wii buyers will buy, but if it's on a 360/PS3 they get 2 sections of buyers.

A game for PS3/360 can be the EXACT same game, but for wii, they have to change it.

It's alot easier to make 1 game for 2 consoles, then 1 game for 1 console.

Its actually alot easier to just make one game for one console. The problem is that the wii is a different console. They should've just made GTA for the wii from the start but they didnt ;D

Pyros

Pyros
03-06-2009, 09:42 AM
If they made GTA for the wii initially. They would get a HUGE sell through. More than they would if they made it for the 360/PS3 initially.

Pyros

FaRdDiN
03-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I beat the game 100%. I actually enjoy that game. Personally the game is broken but the fact that I played it 100% through means that its a tolerable bare minimum FPS. AND I have high standards. Like... insanely high ^^
Pyros

i cant play on my wii until the next holidays lol
what happens in the rest of the game
im up to the bit where there are 4 people and ou hve to do there missions
ive done all of them except the last the one with the man.

and the best level is the rabbit one :thumbs

dued
03-06-2009, 01:27 PM

no, it's called gamecube. u feeling alright?

wii is for all ages...my grampa plays the wii, i don't think hes a kid..

Chaos Punk
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM

oh my god, I hate that arguement about the Wii being "for kids." The only reason people assume it's for kids is becouse of the massive crap load of "minigame Collection" games and games that are just made because of the wiis control scheme are half assed and come out as kiddy. The Wii has massive potential to be a console that can handle any genre or rating, developers just need to ACTUALLY MAKE A DECENT GAME FOR THE WII EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE! Nintendo can't be making ALL the good Wii games...

dued
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
ok! i hate this cause, people say the wii can't do good graphics, who cares..GTA SA had crappy ass graphics and i personnally think that was the best of the series..

me and my cousin would stay up for hours and blow up crap, go beat up some old lady or something lol..

Chaos Punk
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
ok! i hate this cause, people say the wii can't do good graphics, who cares..GTA SA had crappy ass graphics and i personnally think that was the best of the series..

me and my cousin would stay up for hours and blow up crap, go beat up some old lady or something lol..

Well it's not that the Wii can't do great graphics (look at Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight princess and Smash Bros., amazing, even for the other systems), it just doesn't support HD resolutions past 420p, which isn't even really HD, it's just progressive scan. But the Wii has proven that you can have the worst graphics in the world and still have a fun game if the gameplay is solid.

dued
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Well it's not that the Wii can't do great graphics (look at Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight princess and Smash Bros., amazing, even for the other systems), it just doesn't support HD resolutions past 420p, which isn't even really HD, it's just progressive scan. But the Wii has proven that you can have the worst graphics in the world and still have a fun game if the gameplay is solid.

true...i wish nintendo would have made it have HD..theres always next generation! they better for the next console! lol.

New Orleans Rules
03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
GTA for wii, hardass work for Rockstar.

Chaos Punk
03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
true...i wish nintendo would have made it have HD..theres always next generation! they better for the next console! lol.

As far as system hardware, Nintendo is SERIOUSLY lacking in the times. That's why I hacked my Wii to get more out of it, but I hope that Nintendo puts full 1080i support and a damn dvd player already, they are LATE on that.

dued
03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
true..i found this on google(google magic my friend)..it might be a hoax but u tell me wat u think eh?hopefully that is fricken real!hopefully!

http://games.germanblogs.de/archive/2009/01/21/rockstar-games-realesing-gta-for-wii.htm

Merde
03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Um, pointless? I mean, really . . . that'd be stupid

dued
03-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Um, pointless? I mean, really . . . that'd be stupid

and why??:shifty:

Billinator
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Also they need to update they're flash player to 8 and get rid of the crappy 7 they have on there. Video quality sucks a bit on youtube. Also they need to improve the graphics up a notch. Time to buy cable cords.: lol2

Dark Tails
03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Why make a brand new gta for the wii, when they could just release Gta San andreas (best of the series in my opinion) for the wii, and possibly add a multiplayer function to it (wont need to change graphics or anything, its perfect graphics for wii)

And what do you mean it wont sell????? What you smoking? Marijuana? Pot?

Hell, if i didnt have a wii, id buy one to play san andreas on the wii.

New Orleans Rules
03-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Lol, dued the pics you posted are totally fake and bull.

1. There's no sensor bar, LOL.
2. Wii couldn't even run GTA IV.
3. Yes, in the screens it's GTA IV.
4. If you want a WII game, rockstar need to create a new one.

dued
03-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Lol, dued the pics you posted are totally fake and bull.

1. There's no sensor bar, LOL.
2. Wii couldn't even run GTA IV.
3. Yes, in the screens it's GTA IV.
4. If you want a WII game, rockstar need to create a new one.

I know it's bull!! and..

1.There is a sensor bar at the bottom right..
2.true
3.I wouldn't know that, i don't own gta4 but i hear it sucks...
4.and very true

They can't put san andreas on wii as it eh. they need to make a new one, a new story..it would sell way better that way and way more interesting..:shocked3::wink2

New Orleans Rules
03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh lol wow, I just saw the sensor bar, but I mean this is GTA IV, cause I recognize it.

It's pretty fake, GTA IV would have killed the wii.

dued
03-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh lol wow, I just saw the sensor bar, but I mean this is GTA IV, cause I recognize it.

It's pretty fake, GTA IV would have killed the wii.

lol your right, i just thought i should show u guys wat it could be like eh ahah. I was thinking it was fake but ya never know..haha.

shinn4
03-07-2009, 07:05 AM

WTF you saying!

MAD WORLD
NO MORE HEROES

Go check those bloody a$$ games!

Rave
03-07-2009, 07:44 AM
OK..There have been rumors about having Grand Theft Auto coming to the wii platform..I want your opinion..Should they have it for wii or not? Now don't say " The wii is not a next gen console" or stuff like that..the wii is and this is not about if the wii is good enough for it or anything eh.

So should they have GTA for wii?([{Be Honest}]).

scarface is kinda like grand theft auto

Louis
03-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Why all the hate on me?

If they sold on the 360/PS3 they would get more sales than on the wii - The main reason GTA IV is on 360/PS3

Dark Tails
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Why all the hate on me?

If they sold on the 360/PS3 they would get more sales than on the wii - The main reason GTA IV is on 360/PS3
Thats why make a new gta game thats not grand theft auto 4.

Or port san andreas to the wii and add a multiplayer function (like sa-mp for the computer)

dued
03-07-2009, 10:18 AM
true, the wii is not only for kids..

ex)resident evil 4, dead rising, mad world, no more heroes, call of duty 5 and there are probably others that i dono..
There are new ones coming out like the conduit and they said they already are starting on a new call of duty...for the end of the year...hopefully infinity ward makes it this time..

New Orleans Rules
03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
true, the wii is not only for kids..

ex)resident evil 4, dead rising, mad world, no more heroes, call of duty 5 and there are probably others that i dono..
There are new ones coming out like the conduit and they said they already are starting on a new call of duty...for the end of the year...hopefully infinity ward makes it this time..

Yeah it's Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 , I don't think the wii could run that :/, unless they minimize the graphics.

Chaos Punk
03-07-2009, 10:35 AM
true..i found this on google(google magic my friend)..it might be a hoax but u tell me wat u think eh?hopefully that is fricken real!hopefully!

http://games.germanblogs.de/archive/2009/01/21/rockstar-games-realesing-gta-for-wii.htm

It's definately possible, I mean look, China Town Wars is coming out for DS, why not Wii. To me, it just seems like the Wii is that poor neglected step-child that has more potential than it's siblings and is just never handed the oppurtunity to show off what it can do.

Dark Tails
03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
It's definately possible, I mean look, China Town Wars is coming out for DS, why not Wii. To me, it just seems like the Wii is that poor neglected step-child that has more potential than it's siblings and is just never handed the oppurtunity to show off what it can do.
Wow, that is the best description for the wii ive seen ever.

dued
03-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah it's Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 , I don't think the wii could run that :/, unless they minimize the graphics.

lol true.. like they did with call of duty world at war, they just took off some maps and took out the zombie stuff and took out some perks and stuff, it doesnt matter to me..that was a wicked game to play online eh. haha..but i think i read somewhere that they were making a wii version so yeh..:lol:wink2:shocked3:

shinn4
03-07-2009, 11:06 AM

Man infinity is retarted..

They called CoD World at War, CoD 5 even though it doesn't have that number, it is like saying call fo duty for psp is call of duty 4.

modern warfare 2 should be CoD 5