PDA

View Full Version : Question Computer question

Falsifying
03-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Alright, so i came home yesterday and my computer was crashed or something. I kept pressing the button on my tower and it wouldn't turn on. Unplugged and replugged everything- wouldn't work.

So this wasn't really a problem. I opened it up, took out my disk drive and set it up in another tower.

This is my problem though, whenever I start up the computer, it can't locate my disk drive. It says 'unknown'.

Does anyone here know how to locate it?

I have over 6,000 songs that I don't want to lose.

BTW I'm using the tower I couldn't locate the disk drive with but with its original disk drive.

Pyros
03-05-2009, 04:52 AM
uhh... check first if it registers in the bios.

if you need to (cuz you cant read fast enough) hit del and browse the bios menu to see if you can see how many things are plugged in. obviously count the number of hard drives to see if you got the right amount.

Another thing to check is if you're having it the drive to be set as slave or master or cable select.

LASTLY if that much is detected then you need to see if windows sees it properly. That is, it should since its been formatted properly right? however, if the drive went corrupt then windows might see it as unallocated space. so you need to check that. if it is then >.> good luck!

Pyros

MissKristenHXC
03-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Don't post here and call tech support, duh.