PDA

View Full Version : Help! Should i contact the police

Larrygman8
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
well i'm letting my mom know in the morning, but someone keeps calling me on my cellphone, the caller id is blocked, i told them (just a few minutes ago) to stop calling me, i'm still tellin mom, but should i contact the police or even legal action if they continue??? and if it's a friend doing the calling should i still seek legal action???

P.S. they also called me at school today

Dommzyd
03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
No... They're not going to do anything.
Probably just a sales call type of thing. The automated machines that don't pick up right away or something.

I mean, you can try to pursue a harassment case, but I honestly don't think you'll get anywhere with it.

ha429rout
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
It's prob. a prank call..and the person's obv. has no life to call you all day blocked lol..

Larrygman8
03-04-2009, 07:07 PM
No... They're not going to do anything.
Probably just a sales call type of thing. The automated machines that don't pick up right away or something.

I mean, you can try to pursue a harassment case, but I honestly don't think you'll get anywhere with it.

no, it's a person, the either breathe, or like today, the say something but in a "whisper" tone, and really, you don't think i'll get anywhere with it? i mean there will be phone logs, and the fact that they have been doing it for the past few days now

Spam K?
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
My friend did this to me, but it prank calls you with like rick roll, Bill ni the science guy, and a bunch of other ones, PM me if you want link

Larrygman8
03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
My friend did this to me, but it prank calls you with like rick roll, Bill ni the science guy, and a bunch of other ones, PM me if you want link

already 10 steps ahead, i have 2 sites actually, but i don't do it anymore

Dark Tails
03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
no, it's a person, the either breathe, or like today, the say something but in a "whisper" tone, and really, you don't think i'll get anywhere with it? i mean there will be phone logs, and the fact that they have been doing it for the past few days now
Mabyeh its tha phone sex from seinfeld.

Dommzyd
03-04-2009, 07:15 PM

Then they're just messing with you. No, I really don't think you'd get anywhere with a case like that.. It's not really solid. There's no threatening going on, or proof of it.. You'd have to record all of the phone calls and get the logs and everything to have any case at all. It's hard to do that since you can't trace the calls yourself.

Larrygman8
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Then they're just messing with you. No, I really don't think you'd get anywhere with a case like that.. It's not really solid. There's no threatening going on, or proof of it.. You'd have to record all of the phone calls and get the logs and everything to have any case at all. It's hard to do that since you can't trace the calls yourself.

but i can record calls:thumbs, but seriously how do i get this to stop!!!!

chris108
03-04-2009, 07:20 PM
can you be my lawyer if anything happens to me :grin:

Merde
03-04-2009, 07:22 PM
So my friend was doing this to this girl on my bus. I told her to tell them she sees them in the shower ;) or something else perverted

New Orleans Rules
03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Do it back.

Dommzyd
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
but i can record calls:thumbs, but seriously how do i get this to stop!!!!

Then record the calls and request a call log from your phone company and if it continues for a long enough period of time (give it 3-4 weeks) consistently, try to get a case going. They can't really do anything unless you trace the calls and find out where they're coming from. Hard to do that yourself though.. and you'd have to keep the person on the phone for a good amount of time (20+ seconds)

can you be my lawyer if anything happens to me :grin:

Haha yes!

Do it back.

The calls are blocked.

ryuk1214
03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
well i'm letting my mom know in the morning, but someone keeps calling me on my cellphone, the caller id is blocked, i told them (just a few minutes ago) to stop calling me, i'm still tellin mom, but should i contact the police or even legal action if they continue??? and if it's a friend doing the calling should i still seek legal action???

P.S. they also called me at school today

Shoot ur phone

k0ulei
03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
sounds like one of your friends using *67 or something

Havoc
03-05-2009, 02:07 PM
my bad larry... i just wanted to hear your voice... im lonely :crap

Boxxy
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
my bad larry... i just wanted to hear your voice... im lonely :crap

You can call mah :p

Havoc
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
You can call mah :p

i do but pyros keeps answering? why is he at your house blade >:( is he cheating on meh?!!?!

Vampire
03-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Maybe you're being haunted.

Vampire

Mike
03-05-2009, 02:13 PM
search on youtube for how to view bloked numbers

Havoc
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
*69 it, it will tell you the number that last called you.