PDA

View Full Version : dang it, why steam

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
well my friend gave me Dawn of war 2 (DOW2) and it worked fine from the day i got it, now all of a sudden there's an update, no biggie, i try to update, get an error code, i go to the windows LIVE game forum, they tell me i need steam to update, i say "ok i'll try that" i download steam, make an account and everything, and my game still won't update:mad::mad::furious3: does anyone know where i could just download the patch/update and put it on my game manually??

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
can anyone help?

Pyros
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Did you add it to the steam games?

Pyros

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Did you add it to the steam games?

Pyros

it won't let me, steam is homosexual, a lot of people say that steam ruins games, and now i guess i'm feeling the sting

Pyros
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
it won't let me, steam is homosexual, a lot of people say that steam ruins games, and now i guess i'm feeling the sting

You sure? Open steam. go to:

Games > Add a non steam game ...

Btw, with all your complaining you seem to often disregard just how much help is given to you on R1. Like now for instance. Nothing wrong with what you are doing right now of course but -_- i honestly find it kind of backwards to be raving about how much r1 sucks and everything when the forums contribute greatly to your end

Pyros

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 02:57 PM
You sure? Open steam. go to:

Games > Add a non steam game ...

Btw, with all your complaining you seem to often disregard just how much help is given to you on R1. Like now for instance. Nothing wrong with what you are doing right now of course but -_- i honestly find it kind of backwards to be raving about how much r1 sucks and everything when the forums contribute greatly to your end

Pyros

and let me counter act with this, everyone that is complaining is mostly complaining about the R1 service, not the forums, when we say things like r1 sucks for blah blah blah blah, we are talking about the actual r1 service, not the forums themselves, or at least that's what i talk about anyway

now back to the matter at hand, i've done that already, it still doesn't update, and now i have to re-install the game because i got so made i unstalled it, or maybe i won't since steam has ruined it -_-

Pyros
03-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Im not saying what you are doing is wrong. But im saying that you dont seem to offer anything positive to the forums >.> not that you're a bad guy for it lol. but IMO you should at least pay your respects from time to time ^^

Ok is your game legal for one. Steam is required to play >.> so i dunno how you got the game without steam.

Pyros

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Im not saying what you are doing is wrong. But im saying that you dont seem to offer anything positive to the forums >.> not that you're a bad guy for it lol. but IMO you should at least pay your respects from time to time ^^

Ok is your game legal for one. Steam is required to play >.> so i dunno how you got the game without steam.

Pyros

my friend said he bought it from the store, so idk, and it must not have been required because i played it for a good month SIGNED INTO LIVE and now it just won't work due to this update, so i'm starting to just give up, i mean, it's just one game, i still have Fallout3, Quantum of Solace and Crysis Warhead to keep me occupied:thumbs:thumbs

and since when didn't i contribute to the forums, i helped people in the past, but now because i'm agreeing with everyone that r1 is losing, your saying i never contributed???? what's up wit that

Pyros
03-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I said you dont contribute positively recently not that you never have at all ;P

That aside. Does it ask for steam to be installed? Or what. Are you able to play it at all? From waht I hear steam is required to be running to even play it =/

Pyros

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I said you dont contribute positively recently not that you never have at all ;P

That aside. Does it ask for steam to be installed? Or what. Are you able to play it at all? From waht I hear steam is required to be running to even play it =/

Pyros

whelp, if i try to sign in about 5 times it would just say i'm not signed in and i could play, but i want to be signed in, and it never asked me once to install steam, i never even knew what steam was, like i said, before this update or whatever i played the game for a good month with no problems, now, it's all downhill -_-, i even was able to play multiplayer games with no problem, can't even do that now

Pyros
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Ok my suggestion? Uninstall everything and resinstall it again, this time with steam. And try to use steam and add it AS a steam game with the cd key.

Pyros

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Ok my suggestion? Uninstall everything and resinstall it again, this time with steam. And try to use steam and add it AS a steam game with the cd key.

Pyros

well........ about that, when he gave me the game there was no key, so i used my Kane & Lynch key, it worked, i was able to sign into live, i doubt that is gonna work now, plus, i don't want to use steam at all, i guess dawn of war was just a failure to me, dang it, i just got to level 6 in the campaign, all my characters got to like level 15 and up, dang it, whelp, guess i'll play quantum of solace:thumbs, oh, and just throwing it out there, i use xpadder for quantum since it doesn't support the 360 controller:thumbs

vallu
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Steam has nothing to do with DoW unless you got it from steam.

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Steam has nothing to do with DoW unless you got it from steam.

well, that's were your wrong, i was told on the GAMES OF WINDOWS LIVE forum by a administrator that you have to use steam to update the game, even on the dow2 website it says that steam is required for updates, and on the games for windows site it says

GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE- handles the online and matchmaking aspect

Steam- updates and everything else

Pyros
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Well good luck palying quantum of solace then :D
Pyros

Dark Tails
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Meh, just play fallout 3.

Thats a good game.

Larrygman8
03-03-2009, 03:41 PM