PDA

View Full Version : Help! The Pink Panther

MagicalTrevor
02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone!
When I was really little I used to play a really fun game (well, I remember it as fun!). It was a game with a pink cat and it was called something with Pink Panther in it. It came out in 199x (x = a number I'm not sure of).
Actually, there were two games. In one, it had something to do with a magician and a girl who turned into a monster or something and the other one had something to do with a camp with kids (in the end they were all robots or some creepy thing like that).

After looking around google, I found out that the camp one's name was "The Pink Panther Passport to Peril"
After about 2 hours I FINALLY found out the magician one's name. It was "The Pink Panther Hokus Pokus Pink" (yeah, the hocus and pocus were spelled with k's instead of c's)

I found the Pink Panther Passport to Peril on Ebay and the Hokus Pokus Pink one on some other website. I don't know if I actually want to pay for them, because I'm not even sure if I'll still like the game!
Also, I'm currently saving up points for something else so I won't be buying it using my points on Rewards1.

So, can anybody please help me find a way to download "The Pink Panther Passport to Peril" and "The Pink Panther Hokus Pokus Pink" directly to my computer without buying anything? Old games are usually everywhere on the internet and up for free download, but I just couldn't find these two games! If anyone could find a free download for both of these games I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advanced! :)

DaddyMoms
02-21-2009, 12:37 PM
What if its so old,there is no download link for it anymore?

MagicalTrevor
02-21-2009, 12:42 PM
No, I don't think it's that old. I mean, I've gotten older games...
I REALLY want to get those two games. I used to love them so much!

Dark Tails
02-21-2009, 12:48 PM
what system was it for?

MagicalTrevor
02-21-2009, 06:17 PM
what system was it for?

It's for the computer (PC).
Both of them are. :)

MagicalTrevor
02-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Bump!
Is there anyone who can help me?

MagicalTrevor
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey, I just downloaded one of the games (the "Passport to Peril" one).
After un-rar-ing it or something, I got a folder with a few files in it and another folder in it as well. In that other folder, there were a LOT of files. There were ".dll", ".ptp", ".exe", ".gif", ".tsk", ".nls", ".ico", ".cnt", ".htm", ".hlp", ".bro", ".wri", ".drv", and ".wnd" files. Maybe there were more that I skipped. This huge list was all in the folder inside of the other folder. The main folder was called PinkPantherPtoP and the folder in it with all the files was called INSTALL. In the PinkPantherPtoP folder, there was a file called install so I used it to install the game.

I saved it to somewhere and it actually installed the game and was about to work. Then I got a popup telling me that I had to insert the disc or else it wouldn't work because it couldn't find the game data.

Oh yeah, and in the PinkPantherPtoP folder, there was also a picture of the back of the box of the game, a picture of the front of the box of the game, and a picture of the disc itself. They were all ".jpg" if it matters.

So, does anyone have any idea what I should do now to get this game to work? I have a lot of files, the game installed, but no disc. The popup message says that I need the disc so it can find the game data, but I have a feeling I need to do something with all of the files that came along with it. The files weren't installed, they came in the download, so obviously whoever uploaded it to where I downloaded it from wanted those files to be somehow used and manually added it on. I just don't know what to do!

Also, I have no idea where I found it. I forgot since it took about 2 days to download (until I got a better internet connection and it started going a lot faster).

Thanks in advance!

seanbomb1
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
you need a crack wait 2 secs ill see if i can find 1 for you

MagicalTrevor
02-22-2009, 01:22 PM
you need a crack wait 2 secs ill see if i can find 1 for you

What's that?
Thanks for looking for one for me! :) I hope you'll find one since it's pretty old...

One time I looked for something and it said "crack" or something and then I got a virus o.O

So wait, does this help my first problem or my second problem?

Thanks again! +rep :)

seanbomb1
02-22-2009, 01:22 PM
sorry man there isnt a crack anywhere i dont know what else to do sorry

seanbomb1
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
what was the other game called ill see if there is 1 for that

MagicalTrevor
02-22-2009, 01:24 PM
what was the other game called ill see if there is 1 for that

It's okay.
There's "Hokus Pokus Pink" (lol) and "Passport to Peril"

seanbomb1
02-22-2009, 01:24 PM
i cant find 1 for that 1 aswell sorry

MagicalTrevor
02-22-2009, 01:25 PM
i cant find 1 for that 1 aswell sorry

Thanks anyways... :)
So the only way I could have fixed it is with a crack?
Does that mean I can't do anything?
Maybe I can do something with the huge amount of extra files that came with it...

seanbomb1
02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
yeh there might be a crack in the folder it will be a .exe and you have to copy that to the game directory

MagicalTrevor
02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
yeh there might be a crack in the folder it will be a .exe and you have to copy that to the game directory

There are .exe's that don't really do anything, but there isn't any "crack"... So, maybe I'm supposed to somehow copy all the downloaded files to a disc? The folder also comes with some files in another folder called "DirectX" with another folder called "Drivers" and other random folders in that...

Can anyone help me?

seanbomb1
02-23-2009, 12:32 PM
see the place you installed the game go to that and double click the file that tells you to insert the disc when you find it tell me the file name and i might know what to do

MagicalTrevor
02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
see the place you installed the game go to that and double click the file that tells you to insert the disc when you find it tell me the file name and i might know what to do

There's one called pptp.exe which is the game and there is another one called allsongs.ptp which is probably songs from the game or something. Either way I still get the error on both. Finally, there's one called "The Pink Panther's Passport to Peril" (I think it's .exe).

Not related to your post, there are a few files that do nothing. One of them is called "batchman.exe". The other is called "Recover.exe". Also, there is one last one that also does nothing called "WIN32S.exe".

seanbomb1
02-23-2009, 12:49 PM
ok you know th pptp.exe file try and find one in the downloaded folder and copy it to the directory and it might work

MagicalTrevor
02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Wait, so I take the one from the downloaded folder and put it into the installed folder and then try? Or the opposite? Because both folders have the file...

seanbomb1
02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
take the one from the downloaded folder and put it into the installed folder and then try

MagicalTrevor
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
take the one from the downloaded folder and put it into the installed folder and then try

Nope it didn't work...
Also when I tried doing the opposite thing I got a popup message saying something about "W32SCOMB.dll" or something weird like that...

seanbomb1
02-23-2009, 01:12 PM
sorry i dont know what else to do:frown:confused:

MagicalTrevor
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM
sorry i dont know what else to do:frown:confused:

Awwwwww........
Can anyone else help me?
If you don't know what my problem is read all of the posts before this
Thanks in advanced!