PDA

View Full Version : Lose weight fast....

Dommzyd
02-19-2009, 08:59 PM
No, I don't want to stop eating. No, I don't want to do any fad diets that will harm my health.
The reason i need to lose weight.... Military.
I dropped off all my paperwork yesterday, I have one more thing to drop off tomorrow. I'm not sure if I have to get on a scale tomorrow or not.
I just weighed myself and apparently I've gained weight (wtf?). I have been going to the gym and eating healthier and everything.. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to gain 2 pounds in muscle so quickly (am I wrong?)

I just need to lose some weight before I officially weigh in. I'm 5"4 and.. I shall not tell you my weight! Haha. I need to lose like, 3 pounds though.

What are the best exercises I can do to burn lots o' calories. I know running.. What else?

I've been doing some upper body exercises at the gym.. Tricep press and stuff like that since I need to improve my push ups. Should I stop doing those for the time being?

Ayotte
02-19-2009, 09:01 PM
I heard sex burns lots of calories but thats not exactly a diet plan....

Dommzyd
02-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I heard sex burns lots of calories but thats not exactly a diet plan....

Meh, not exactly what I was looking for lol.

Ayotte
02-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Haha idk i say just run.... Or try like one of those workout things on tv ...lol

Cookies
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
WholeGrain . Work out at gym.
That Yoga. Run for 30 - 1 hour per day morning.
Stay healthy. Do it per day !

WholeGrain = Really nice :] .

Dommzyd
02-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Guys.... I already run every day lol.
What other exercises

Pyros
02-19-2009, 09:51 PM
build muscle.
on alternating days do.
a) focus on building muscle on this day, pushups, pullups, squats, alternate upper and lower body.
b) warm up 5 minutes sprint for like 1 minute, jog 3 minutes sprint 1 minute, jog 3 minutes sprint one minute jog 3 minute + cooldown

Pyros

Snake
02-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Already told you Dom, jump rope is the key to success :)

Pyros
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Already told you Dom, jump rope is the key to success :)

How does that work!?

Pyros

Snake
02-19-2009, 10:14 PM
How does that work!?

Pyros

It works lol, I lost 50 pounds. Jump rope+diet>Jenny Craig :p

Mike
02-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Don't eat any carbs for a few days it's still healthy

Dommzyd
02-20-2009, 06:28 AM
build muscle.
on alternating days do.
a) focus on building muscle on this day, pushups, pullups, squats, alternate upper and lower body.
b) warm up 5 minutes sprint for like 1 minute, jog 3 minutes sprint 1 minute, jog 3 minutes sprint one minute jog 3 minute + cooldown

PyrosBuilding muscle will make me gain weight though... I can't gain any lol.
Don't eat any carbs for a few days it's still healthy

That's definitely not healthy... Most foods like that are really fatty. Obviously it's not healthy for me to eat a bunch of really fatty food but no carbs.. The weight loss would be water. I'd gain it back in 2 days.

I just want some good exercises I can do to burn a lot of calories (but not build much weight in muscle)
Besides running.

STM19
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Like someone said jump rope is good, continue running. attempt to build muscle because muscle burns calories even when your not doing anything. eat healthy, don't do the carb stuff because you'll just end up very weak and likely light-headed and could faint and stuff if you do the atkins diet. Wake up early, eat dinner early, eat dinner at like 5:30 because then you have more time to burn it off and its a lot healthier.
annddd.....I hope that helped:thumbs
Edit: and by the way, you can't gain weight, but weight shouldn't really matter, if your doing pinch test. But if you have to meet a certain weight, I guess you could not build muscle but it would surprise me if they base their decisions off of a scale.

Merde
02-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I think it's eating celery since it has negative calories. So snack on it and you'll burn calories digesting it, more then it supplies too (celery is correct, correct?)

phatkroger10
02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
well yes, it is possible to gain 2 pounds of muscle. I've gained like 10 pounds of muscle in about 2 weeks.

But the key i used to lose about 30+ pounds, weigh yourself every day, the days you weight less (because it fluctuates) don't eat as much. It'll keep the weight down.

Dommzyd
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Like someone said jump rope is good, continue running. attempt to build muscle because muscle burns calories even when your not doing anything. eat healthy, don't do the carb stuff because you'll just end up very weak and likely light-headed and could faint and stuff if you do the atkins diet. Wake up early, eat dinner early, eat dinner at like 5:30 because then you have more time to burn it off and its a lot healthier.
annddd.....I hope that helped:thumbs
Edit: and by the way, you can't gain weight, but weight shouldn't really matter, if your doing pinch test. But if you have to meet a certain weight, I guess you could not build muscle but it would surprise me if they base their decisions off of a scale.

Weight does matter.. They weigh you and if you're over the weight limit for your height you can't leave and they put the whole process on hold.

I think it's eating celery since it has negative calories. So snack on it and you'll burn calories digesting it, more then it supplies too (celery is correct, correct?)

I can't live off of celery, lol.

k0ulei
02-20-2009, 06:26 PM
learn to break dance it burns alot of cals and hardly building any muscle

Boxxy
02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I take TaeKwonDo. I was really out of shape before I took it but within the first month I was in really good shape. I go like 4 times a week and I've been in it for 2 1/2 years. With food I just eat a lot of organic stuff. I'm pretty average weight, maybe a little under. I recommend taking Taekwondo is what I'm saying.........it's really expensive though :P

k0ulei
02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Break dance its free to learn

GamerAce100
02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Haha, fatass Dommzyd lol. Maybe you should just gain more weight and maybe they'll appoint you as chef or something in the army or whatever you call it these days.

skaterbro9000
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
my health teacher once told me that kissing burn calories. :lol not flirting or anything

Dommzyd
02-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Haha, fatass Dommzyd lol. Maybe you should just gain more weight and maybe they'll appoint you as chef or something in the army or whatever you call it these days.

2 pounds over the military weight standards is soooo fat, yes.
Thank you for being disrespectful when I ask a serious question. Moron.

k0ulei
02-20-2009, 07:34 PM
domm im serious break dance can really help, u barley build muscle and lose lots of fat break dancing is a awsome skill :D so when u military has talent shows u can bust out ur moves :D

GamerAce100
02-20-2009, 07:34 PM
2 pounds over the military weight standards is soooo fat, yes.
Thank you for being disrespectful when I ask a serious question. Moron.

I apologize for that, Dommzyd. I just get carried away. My bad.

Dommzyd
02-20-2009, 07:36 PM
domm im serious break dance can really help, u barley build muscle and lose lots of fat break dancing is a awsome skill :D so when u military has talent shows u can bust out ur moves :D

Haha I'll look into it. There's really nowhere around my house that I can even learn...
I'm not really the dancing type of person. Dommzyd has no rhythm!

Uh huh.
Btw, even the chefs have to make weight, lol. :smile:

k0ulei
02-20-2009, 07:39 PM
rythm is no problem, plus ther are vids on youtube for basic moves like tutle freeze, baby freeze, i would start with those 2 since they are one of the basics :D

Dommzyd
02-20-2009, 07:40 PM
rythm is no problem, plus ther are vids on youtube for basic moves like tutle freeze, baby freeze, i would start with those 2 since they are one of the basics :D

K I'll look them up in a min. My parents are sleeping though so maybe I'll wait 'till tomorrow lol.

k0ulei
02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
k but i also suggest putting a pillow where ur practicing before ur face smacks against the floor :D

Dommzyd
02-20-2009, 07:43 PM
k but i also suggest putting a pillow where ur practicing before ur face smacks against the floor :D
Yeah that'll probably happen... A lot.
I'll actually most likely break something lmao.

k0ulei
02-20-2009, 07:50 PM
so what are u gonna do in the military ?

Merde
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Weight does matter.. They weigh you and if you're over the weight limit for your height you can't leave and they put the whole process on hold.

I can't live off of celery, lol.
You should snack on it when you are hungry :thumbs not only help your hunger but burn calories too

Dark Tails
02-20-2009, 08:07 PM
whats the weight for millitary?

Dommzyd
02-20-2009, 08:08 PM
so what are u gonna do in the military ?

Intel/Advanced Electronics in the Air Force

whats the weight for millitary?

It depends on your height.

Boxxy
02-20-2009, 09:12 PM

NEVER call a woman fat even jokingly. Thank god you learned through the internet :O

GamerAce100
02-21-2009, 05:02 AM
NEVER call a woman fat even jokingly. Thank god you learned through the internet :O

Lol, I totally forgot she was a girl for a second there.