PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for teens??

Viz
02-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Where Can a 15 year old get a job because i need to start bringing in my own income for skateboards and ect

Saints
02-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Sell drugs, best income, kthxbai.

Viz
02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Shut Up ^^^^

MaximoMilkman
02-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Ok i was in your shoes last well like 2 months ago my b day was Feb 4 im 16 now.. at 15 there is like No jobs.. But there is mcdonalds and all fast food chains.. best way to get a job at 15 is to know a manager somewhere and they may hire you such as your uncle or something.. I worked at a boating thing over the summer loading people into boats for boat rides.. paid 10 bucks an hour but i had like 10 hour shifts in 100 degree weather was BRUTAL.. and bad mudd butt to. Anyways try fast food and there also is grocery bagger. your typical poop jobs.. Once your 16 the world opens up to you though.. you can work at nearly any store in the mall.. I applied for like 6 differnt places the week after my 16 b-day PAC SUN here we come! HOPEFULLY =)

Vontemixmaster
02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
What I did was waited until winter and shoveled and cleared 60$ each time... Easy money.... it does require physical strength though.

Cake
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Minimum age where I live is 14+, so you can get a job now. Some stores have a student option when applying, so you can have very flexible hours.

Pyros
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Newspapers

Pyros

Mike
02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
i am i hockey ref, 30 per game

MaximoMilkman
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
lol i love pyros answer hes just so affirmative about it..

Newspapers

soysoysoy
02-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm 15 now.
I deliver newspapers :o.
A decent pay too, 50$ per week (In my opinion, that's good.)

scorcher868
02-19-2009, 03:01 PM
hooker :p

but serously

ask local resturants and become bus boy/dishwasher

there always looking for one

Dommzyd
02-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Well.. You need to be 16 here (in NJ) to work, but try McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's/Whatever fast food places you have by your house that you can get to. Like Pyros said, newspapers. Do some seasonal jobs around your area too... Like mowing lawns, shoveling snow, stuff like that. Some people pay pretty good for a kid to do it for them.. Especially the older people.

mullenlegend
02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Well.. You need to be 16 here (in NJ) to work, but try McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's/Whatever fast food places you have by your house that you can get to. Like Pyros said, newspapers. Do some seasonal jobs around your area too... Like mowing lawns, shoveling snow, stuff like that. Some people pay pretty good for a kid to do it for them.. Especially the older people.

You don't have to be 16. :P Some Dunkin Donuts hire at 14 and the Wegmans near me hire at 15. :P
But seriously try a local foodmarket or something.

Dommzyd
02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
You don't have to be 16. :P Some Dunkin Donuts hire at 14 and the Wegmans near me hire at 15. :P
But seriously try a local foodmarket or something.

You have to be 16 to work past 9pm... Most places aren't going to hire a 14 year old with no experience in times like this, lol. If you're under 16 you need to have your school's permission. It's not worth bothering lol.

Still, to legally work in NJ you need to be 16 due to child labor laws.
http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us//labor/wagehour/lawregs/child_labor_law.html
:)

DaddyMoms
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
My dad owns's a Dunkin Donut and I work there.I get ok pay

bobby b
02-19-2009, 03:38 PM
pretty much wat the people above said also if you are good a skating you could try and get sponsored thats what i did two years ago when i was really into skating i stopped though. . .hopefully i can get my dream job at best buy though!!:thumbs

TDot
02-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Work around the house.

I help my dad change tires and $20 right there. 10 mins of some work.

TDot
02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry about the double post but ya, I forgot that this is mainly about jobs.

Um...... Newspaper boy. $60 a week over here.

$60 a week and I think you only have to do Tuesdays or something like that.

Or wait til the summer and play pick-up basketball games for cash :thumbs

mullenlegend
02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Sorry about the double post but ya, I forgot that this is mainly about jobs.

Um...... Newspaper boy. $60 a week over here.

$60 a week and I think you only have to do Tuesdays or something like that.

Or wait til the summer and play pick-up basketball games for cash :thumbs

Or you can just get something called a summer job:thumbs

cmac2010
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
hey, 60 bucks a week isn't bad. That's a deck already. Then the next week you go for trucks (get the tensor magnesium ones) there $55. Then the third week get bearings and wheels. 3 weeks of work for an awesome board. Not bad in my opinion. Plus its only about 2 days per week right?

Or you can always go make a new group of friends and have a "birthday" party, that usually brings in about $100 dollars, depending on how many people you invite. lol jk don't do that.

Merde
02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
My first job is gonna be for my dad (almost 14 years old I am)- his graphic designer (or one of them). Already made one logo for him. Ever buy an Enrych© bed with a GreenSpring logo, I made that one. I dunno where I'm going after that though :\

Pyros
02-19-2009, 08:40 PM
My first job is gonna be for my dad (almost 14 years old I am)- his graphic designer (or one of them). Already made one logo for him. Ever buy an Enrych© bed with a GreenSpring logo, I made that one. I dunno where I'm going after that though :\

Thats a pretty cool job ;D it'll work well for your portfolio when you grow up :D

Pyros

mrhappyasthma
02-20-2009, 01:38 AM
There are 2 jobs that I know of. Delivering papers and working at a local YMCA. MY friend delivers papers every thrusday and makes $10 a week. I work at the local YMCA over the summer. At 15 you have 2 options at the Y. Working at the snack stand or teaching swimming lessons. I chose the swimming route and it was ok. The only downside was that you had to keep getting in and out of the pool (cold) + weather around here blows. The job was VERY easy, they had tons of flexibility, and it paid minimum wage.

STM19
02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I would stay away from food jobs (mcdonalds, wendys) cause its kinda hard work and you go home smelling like hamburgers and your all greasy if your going to get a job at a food place definatly go for subway. Its easy and its always pretty nice in there.

Merde
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Thats a pretty cool job ;D it'll work well for your portfolio when you grow up :D

Pyros
Yeah, I like thinking ahead.