PDA

View Full Version : IP question.

Vampire
02-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Well I'm trying to get past an IP ban I got on a site (I was advertising R1) so I searched the web to find out what my IP thing is and it's dynamic. This means I can change it by resetting my modem right? How would I do that? I tried unplugging it and when I plugged it back in my IP was still the same. Oh, and if I changed it like that and still did offers on R1 would I get banned?

Vampire

kirtan
02-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Ok Well What Kind Of Internet Do you Have Cable Or Dsl

TiN TiN
02-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Well I'm trying to get past an IP ban I got on a site (I was advertising R1) so I searched the web to find out what my IP thing is and it's dynamic. This means I can change it by resetting my modem right? How would I do that? I tried unplugging it and when I plugged it back in my IP was still the same. Oh, and if I changed it like that and still did offers on R1 would I get banned?

Vampire

I think you have to completely redo your router settings but I'm not to good with routers but if you do change it and do an offer you can get banned for multiple IP's.

Vampire
02-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Ok Well What Kind Of Internet Do you Have Cable Or Dsl
I have cable...
I think you have to completely redo your router settings but I'm not to good with routers but if you do change it and do an offer you can get banned for multiple IP's.
Now I'm confused..do I have to mess with the modem or router? =\

Vampire

Louis
02-19-2009, 07:59 AM
If your on a wireless router, just reset it - that will reset your ip.

And no, you won't get banned for having a differant ip, I get a new one everyday.

Vampire
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
If your on a wireless router, just reset it - that will reset your ip.

And no, you won't get banned for having a differant ip, I get a new one everyday.

Is resetting any different than unplugging it?

Vampire

Louis
02-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Is resetting any different than unplugging it?

Vampire

That is resetting, turning off then on again, or unplugging

Vampire
02-19-2009, 08:03 AM
That is resetting, turning off then on again, or unplugging

That didn't work when I tried..we have the modem and router right behind the computer so I'm not sure if I'm directly connected to the modem or if I'm connecting wirelessly...

Vampire

kirtan
02-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Ok well there should be a switch on the back of cable modem or like a littel circle thing that says reset take a pen shove it in there gently for 30 seconds and let go then unplug ur modem and plug it back in

Louis
02-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Unplug both internet things, then connect again, it should have changed.

If it hasn't, make sure your connected to the wirless, then unplug that, and your ip will change.

kirtan
02-19-2009, 08:13 AM
did my suggestions work?

Vampire
02-19-2009, 08:15 AM
did my suggestions work?

No..it didn't =\..Just to make sure I'm not wrong how do you tell if you have dynamic IP? I read you were supposed to go to cmd then type ipconfig /all and if that certain things says yes you have it..which mine did..

Vampire

kirtan
02-19-2009, 08:17 AM
no that is just to change ur ip in ur local network but um i have a static but who is ur cable company

Vampire
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
no that is just to change ur ip in ur local network but um i have a static but who is ur cable company

Um..my internet is Road Runner (Time Warner Cable) which I'm sure you've never heard of..nobody has =\..we have their phone to but we don't have their cable..

Vampire

kirtan
02-19-2009, 08:24 AM
ive hear of Roadrunner my friend has them do u have a Motorola modem

Vampire
02-19-2009, 08:25 AM
ive hear of Roadrunner my friend has them do u have a Motorola modem

Uhhm...I don't think so..

Vampire

TiN TiN
02-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Um..my internet is Road Runner (Time Warner Cable) which I'm sure you've never heard of..nobody has =\..we have their phone to but we don't have their cable..

Vampire

I got there cable :p

Vampire
02-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I got there cable :p

ROOOAAAAARRRR

Vampire