PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft petition

GZ47Q
05-31-2008, 10:36 PM
If you, like me, want to let ubisoft know what us wii/ds owners think of their crap shovelware games on ds/wii then sign this two petitions.

http://www.petitiononline.com/a85sko2a/petition.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/Ubiwii/petition.html

This petitions are not made by me. I found those petitions on GameFaqs.

Here is a topic from the ubisoft and gamefaqs forums.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9251049315/m/4081042366/p/1
(There was a reply by the UK forum manager on the 3rd page)

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=930752&topic=43401633

knucklessonic8
06-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Ubisoft is a great company. 'Nuff said.

GZ47Q
06-01-2008, 04:58 AM
I'm not saying that Ubisoft sucks as a videogame company. What I'm saying is that they should stop drowning the wii with crap games and then use the profit to create better games on the other systems. Just look at the line-up that they have for the wii, it's that dogz game that looks like a ds game, party babyz, and that ugly looking snowboard game. I actually believe that Ubisoft is great. The only problem I find with them is that they flood nintendo's system with crap games that they like to call "casual" games to make quick profit. This is what the Ubisoft forum manager said about the topic:

The true of the matter is this, the Wii is a very different console than what most games developers are used to. The Wii has managed to make a huge success from having games on it that just would not work on a conventional console. The Wii has also managed to increase the market share to a huge group of people that are not that interested in gaming. With Wii Sports, Wii Fit and all manner of games built for family play, Nintendo know who they are marketing for and it is not die hard gamers. If you look at the most successful Wii games, they are not amazing new AAA games, they are predominantly family orientated games/alternative games.

Looking at the current UK games sales for Wii Wii Sales Link, there are not that many traditional games in the top 30. Trends are changing and not everyone wants a new action game, FPS game or epic RPG, sales of the Wii proves that the majority want something different.

Parents who are buying a console for their children do not really care about Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six or Far Cry on the box, they want games that are going to be good for their children and not get them in the local newspaper. Why else would games like Brain Training/Wii Fit/Mario Party sell in the millions if people wanted hardcore games?

Check the Nintendo DS figures in the UK as well. DS Sales Link. Notice whose name is listed there a few times but also notice which games are listed? We make games that will “hopefully” sell to a selected audience. We are a business after all, but Nintendo know which people are their market, just as Sony and Microsoft know who their markets are. Ubisoft have always been aimed at the more mature market (Look at our back catalogue) and in the last few years have started venturing into the casual gaming market. This is because that market now exists, thanks to the rise in popularity of the Wii and DS. The Wii is still a new console and it still has plenty of time to grow, Nintendo know this and Ubisoft know this.

As for Shaun Whites on the Wii, can you at least wait to get some more information and gameplay on it before binning it? Most people have seen a few screenshots and they already hate it because it does not look as good as the 360 etc but to **** a game just because of looks, and without actually playing it is just silly. All I have seen is various forums doing childish Photoshop screens, at least wait to see the game face to face before turning it into a humorous gif.

Does the fact that the wii caters to a larger democratic give Ubisoft the right to publish all these crap games on our system!? I believe Nintendo should start prohibiting the release of such crap. They're doing nothing but flood the wii with crap titles like those dogz and party babyz! Those things are too ridiculous I wouldn't even call them "games". Ubisoft has also released good titles for the wii. Right now, I can only think of two ubisoft titles on the wii that are mediocre or good. Red Steel was mediocre while Rayman Raving Rabids was actually pretty good.

mikejm
06-01-2008, 06:32 AM
you are completely retarded
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

GZ47Q
06-01-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm just talking about those ridiculous wii games, not all games that ubisoft does. Many of my games are made by ubisoft so I know that they are a great company. Just search ubisoft responds on google.

DukeNewcomb
06-01-2008, 12:22 PM
you are completely retarded

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......... *breathes in*......AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

knucklessonic8
06-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Most of their Wii efforts have been great so my stance still remains. Nice analysis/information though.

Eric Sherman
06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Why are you complaining about it? Do you want them to come over to the 360 only? Us 360 owners wouldn't mind.