PDA

View Full Version : 2008:The Year Of PlayStation

awilex
05-29-2008, 09:51 PM
For some time now we now the xbox sales have been shockingly bad.Ps3 has been outselling them by 30-80k for the last couple of months and it doesn't seem like sony can be stopped.
This weeks sales figures;

Japan America Others Total
43,798 281,021 140,068 464,887 WII
37,276 117,587 204,713 359,576 DS
61,788 45,972 69,791 177,551 PSP
8,330 46,861 99,611 154,802 PS3
1,658 47,958 72,307 121,923 XBOX360

As we now this year is definitely the year of the mighty Ps3 With the realese of metal gear solid,Final Fantasy,Haze,Grand Turismo,Killzone2,Little big planet,Afrika. This is just a short list of some of the exclusive system sellers!Also how can we forget the most anticipated feature? HOME! Ingame launching of games,make your own home,make you own clan home,import content that you have made e.g chairs,furniture.It has a cinema showing the latest movies with live streaming.3d trophy room with your achievements!Also in game communication!!
So back to the question..How do you think microsoft can come back in 2009?I dont see them coming back it seems unlickely,Once the ball gets going theres no stopping it.
Post your views :)

I will keep updating this topic with new discussions. Next Discussion= Grand Theft AutoIV

awilex
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry about the sales figures being squashed! lol...Please dont start having a go at me for being a ps3 fanboy..I honestly do have a fiar opinion i just want to have a little gaming discussion..

SwanseaCity
05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
well what microsoft have to do is to bring out something exciting and new, maybe a new console? Like the Wii maybe, maybe an addon for the xbox now to be able to play like a wii?? Something like that would get alot of Wii trade going to the Xbox and that is alot more than the people going to the PS3:thumbs

awilex
05-29-2008, 11:28 PM
well what microsoft have to do is to bring out something exciting and new, maybe a new console? Like the Wii maybe, maybe an addon for the xbox now to be able to play like a wii?? Something like that would get alot of Wii trade going to the Xbox and that is alot more than the people going to the PS3:thumbs

Xbox doesnt have the power to do that :( I dont think so anyway..It would be bad if they had to release new console lol

SwanseaCity
05-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Xbox doesnt have the power to do that :( I dont think so anyway..It would be bad if they had to release new console lol

well not an overall new console but an addon using one of those USB ports which is on the front of the console. They have the wireless all ready sorted out, all they would need to do is get some of the games from the Wii that goes into the disc drive of the addon (or whatever the Wii uses) and there you go an Xbox 360Fit or something like that.

awilex
05-30-2008, 12:26 AM
well not an overall new console but an addon using one of those USB ports which is on the front of the console. They have the wireless all ready sorted out, all they would need to do is get some of the games from the Wii that goes into the disc drive of the addon (or whatever the Wii uses) and there you go an Xbox 360Fit or something like that.

lol thats unlikely :P They would need new controller new chip..Maybe on the ps3 because that has motion sensor on it already but i doubt any consoles would incorprate the wii into there console

SwanseaCity
05-30-2008, 12:36 AM
lol thats unlikely :P They would need new controller new chip..Maybe on the ps3 because that has motion sensor on it already but i doubt any consoles would incorprate the wii into there console

well i wouldn't be too sure about that, you have the huge market just waiting for better graphics. The new controller would be easy to make as you can get a design within a few days and a mockup within the hour if they have the materials, The sensor they have got one good enough for the wireless controllers, just incoperate it into the Wii style controller and then make sure the reciever knows all the new actions and there you go.

awilex
05-30-2008, 12:46 AM
well i wouldn't be too sure about that, you have the huge market just waiting for better graphics. The new controller would be easy to make as you can get a design within a few days and a mockup within the hour if they have the materials, The sensor they have got one good enough for the wireless controllers, just incoperate it into the Wii style controller and then make sure the reciever knows all the new actions and there you go.

You make it sound simple lol :p You would have to go through all the laws and stuff.Get permission theres loads to take in.A simple controller takes alot lot longer than 2 days to make.The addon would take ages too..\but maybe one day :P

SwanseaCity
05-30-2008, 05:14 AM
You make it sound simple lol :p You would have to go through all the laws and stuff.Get permission theres loads to take in.A simple controller takes alot lot longer than 2 days to make.The addon would take ages too..\but maybe one day :P

Well they wouldn't really need any permission as it would be there own stuff, The design wouldn't take time, seeing as xbxo have lots of designers in their mits and then even more develepment teams. It sounds easy as it is easy for a company that has probably more workers than the country of Luxembourg has population. (Luxembourg is the country in Europe which only has one city and it's called Luxembourg :lol2)

awilex
05-30-2008, 05:26 AM
Well they wouldn't really need any permission as it would be there own stuff, The design wouldn't take time, seeing as xbxo have lots of designers in their mits and then even more develepment teams. It sounds easy as it is easy for a company that has probably more workers than the country of Luxembourg has population. (Luxembourg is the country in Europe which only has one city and it's called Luxembourg :lol2)

:lol kk:lol are we the only people who go on gaming forums lol :crap

SwanseaCity
05-30-2008, 06:01 AM
hmmm maybe people just don't want to face up to the horrible fact that the PS3 is selling more than the 360. I used to be a playstation fan but i have moved on and went to the 360 as they have better quality games, and it was cheaper :lol2

awilex
05-30-2008, 10:03 PM
lol,are you going to switch back to ps3 in 2008?

SwanseaCity
05-31-2008, 04:28 AM
lol,are you going to switch back to ps3 in 2008?

no way! i love the 360, much better controller

hightower
05-31-2008, 04:41 AM
no way! i love the 360, much better controller

:O

Playstation has THE original home console (for my generation anyway) never forget the christmas morning i unwrapped my PS1!

Good times. lol

SwanseaCity
05-31-2008, 05:07 AM
Playstation might be the original home of my generation aswel but it's getting on a bit.

hightower
05-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Playstation might be the original home of my generation aswel but it's getting on a bit.

I guess it comes down to the exclusives, and i prefer those which are coming to the ps3 (mgs4, gran turismo 5, killzone, etc) as nobody really cares that PS3 is the more powerful console.

My opinion is that both are good, but i see this as being PS3's year.

Korsokai
05-31-2008, 06:54 AM
If you think about it,the PS3 sales would eventually pass the 360 sometime or another. What else are 360-owners going to do? Buy another Xbox 360?

davasator
06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
As mentioned, its down to the exclusives, when i get round to buying a new console (still on ps2 and psp at the moment), it'll be down to them, and GT5 is likely to swing it for me.

Bigbeckster
06-05-2008, 02:25 AM
here we go again
lets just fight about mac vs pc will we are at it

davasator
06-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Why not, the line under the forum title says console wars are welcome. But no, this will not turn into a fight Both the Xbox360 and PS3 have their strongpoints, and both have downsides, so shall we leave that one at that?

METC
06-05-2008, 05:29 AM
As we now this year is definitely the year of the mighty Ps3 With the realese of metal gear solid,Final Fantasy,Haze,Grand Turismo,Killzone2,Little big planet,Afrika. This is just a short list of some of the exclusive system sellers!

Don't forget Assasins Creed!

Don't count DS, that version sucked.

hightower
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
As mentioned, its down to the exclusives, when i get round to buying a new console (still on ps2 and psp at the moment), it'll be down to them, and GT5 is likely to swing it for me.

Same mate, ognna be amazing, i think GRID will keep me occupied till it comes out though!

RenegadeSniper7
06-05-2008, 11:53 AM
The reason Xbox 360 sales are down is because everyone with a brain already bought one.

Death123
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
xbox360 FTW noobss :D
btw PS3 SUKS!

[ISGF]DarthCommando
06-06-2008, 04:58 AM
Only reason why im getting the PS3 Is because im a huge fan of METAL GEAR SOLID:) ^^

And i want the new game of it which is Guns Of Patriots ^^ :thumbs:banana:lol:smile

Bored
06-07-2008, 02:42 PM
First of all, Assassin's Creed wasn't a PS3 exclusive so that can't be used as a point for the PS3.

Now, all due respect to Sony for the PS2, but it's, in my opinion, impossible for them to overcome the 360 at this point. I'm almost certain that if you were to take a survey right now of all the people who have bought a PS3 in the last few months, they would say they have a 360 and just want another system, not just for the MINOR amount of power the PS3 has over the 360.

Now, you listed some titles being released for the PS3. Let me be the first to do the same for the 360.

Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Too Human
Ninja Gaiden 2

Combine those (and some others) along with just about every game the PS3 has (that are also for the 360) and you've got more quality already. MGS4 might be a system seller but it doesn't make up for the lack of quality and exclusives on the PS3.

EDIT: RenegadeSniper7 said it the best.

DarkRider23
06-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Knock out NG2. Even though it's only been 4 days I have heard that the sales are pitiful. Still a great game though.

But, c'mon OP. Do you really think Microsoft is just going to let Sony get ahead of them? Keep dreaming man. Expet a price drop for the 360 sometime when Gears 2 comes out. 4.5 million+ copies of the first one sold. Expect Gears 2 to surpass Halo. I'm thinking maybe 5 million in the first 2 weeks.

As we now this year is definitely the year of the mighty Ps3 With the realese of metal gear solid,Final Fantasy,Haze,Grand Turismo,Killzone2,Little big planet,Afrika. This is just a short list of some of the exclusive system sellers!

The only system seller here is Gran Turismo. Every other game just isn't that big in the world of casual gamers. MGS might sell some more system, but not enough to classify it as a system serller. Final Fantasy has been on a huge decline ever since the PS2. They just aren't selling as much as they used to. Haze is not proven and neither is LBP. I've never even heard of Afrika. Killzone 2 might turn some heads if they did it right. The first one was really hyped and turned out to be garbage.