PDA

View Full Version : Widows Vista good bad?

bobby b
12-10-2008, 02:17 PM
so i was looking over the prizes on cl and was debating weather to get vista or the keyboard/mouse. currently i have windows xp pro which is our main computer and my personal computer a macbook with leopard OS X. ive heard that vista is basically a cheap imitation of leopard but idk ive never actually seen it, just read generally negative reviews. do any of you have it? how is it? from most of the reviews ive read is that its just a cheap Leopard costume put on XP. so is it even worth getting??

Boxxy
12-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Wait..the actual computer or software to upgrade?

Notorious A.Z.N
12-10-2008, 02:26 PM
some programs dont work on vista but i think thats being fixed now or has been fixed. idk, i kinda like vista

s3nci
12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I recently upgraded laptops. The new one has windows vista home premium. Not much better than XP just flashier. Vista is fine if you like a flashier set up. If your main computer can't support all the graphical enhancements I wouldn't go for it. As for vista being a cheap imitation of leopard. I wouldn't really know.

GamerAce100
12-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I like using Vista on my laptop. Works well.

Larrygman8
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
1. only get vista if your pc can handle it ( i had to buy a gb stick of ram to get the aero effects and other things)

2. make sure you get vista ultimate (i have it and it's great, (got it for free too, not cl:lol2)) any other vista is poop

3. you must have a pc with high processor and ram (mine is 3.00hz and i have 1.42gb of ram) so if you have all that, you should be good to go:thumbs

p.s. i have xp media center edition on my laptop and xp pro on my old desktop, so i can really compare them all with accuracy!!!!!!

:smash: of approval

vallu
12-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Stay with xp pro, I have vista ultimate sitting in it original box never opened. XP is much better than vista. Vista just has a few unneeded spit shines that make it more pleasing the eye, but nothing worth installing it really...

Larrygman8
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Stay with xp pro, I have vista ultimate sitting in it original box never opened. XP is much better than vista. Vista just has a few unneeded spit shines that make it more pleasing the eye, but nothing worth installing it really...

it's more convent and it easier to set things up, i recently set up our wireless printer to my computer through vista with 2 simple clicks, on xp, i have to go through a whole bunch of crap (may i mention it's still not connected on my xp pc)

bobby b
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
it's more convent and it easier to set things up, i recently set up our wireless printer to my computer through vista with 2 simple clicks, on xp, i have to go through a whole bunch of crap (may i mention it's still not connected on my xp pc)

well ive heard with all the new "security enhancements" on vista u have to go through a buttload of things lik "u need to be administrator to make these changes" even when u are administrator!!

Eric Sherman
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Get vista and sell it on ebay. Vista sucks...

bobby b
12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Wait..the actual computer or software to upgrade?
lik get the new software and install it on my existing computer

2. make sure you get vista ultimate (i have it and it's great, (got it for free too, not cl:lol2)) any other vista is poop

:smash: of approval

where else can u get it for free??!!??

vallu
12-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Meh, its more convenient to people who don't know anything about computers. I find It annoying and a huge failure on Microsofts part. Maybe they will get it right next time...

bobby b
Get vista and sell it on ebay. Vista sucks...

i was thinking about doing that $180ish ??:thumbs:thumbs

vallu
i was thinking about doing that $180ish ??:thumbs:thumbs
lol trust me you wont get more than $90, ive been trying for ages.

bobby b
12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
lol trust me you wont get more than $90, ive been trying for ages.

u sure i was checking yesterday there were a lost up for sale but if they only sell for around $90 then idk +rep for giving the heads up . .. and for everyone else giving there opinion!!:thumbs

bobby b
12-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Meh, its more convenient to people who don't know anything about computers. I find It annoying and a huge failure on Microsofts part. Maybe they will get it right next time...

yes isnt it supposed to be lik "over secure" n ask u to go through all this crap.

does anyone have an overly positive review for Vista?? lik is it really worth upgrading?

Larrygman8
12-10-2008, 03:18 PM
i'm using vista right now, best thing since xp, i've been using for 6 months now and it's the best!!!!! it has the speed and ease and difficulty that i want, it's everything you'll want in an OS, plus.......... it just looks so darn good:thumbs, i've compared it to my other pc's that i still have a running xp os on and i have to admit, i use my vista pc 90% of the time (the other 10 is because a desktop isn't mobile:lol2)

I'm Larrygman8 and i approve this vista message