PDA

View Full Version : Guitar hero 4!

hightower
05-22-2008, 04:31 AM
I just saw a youtube video about guitar hero 4 (it was posted by the official guitar hero user) Looks pretty good, you can make and record your own songs and you're going to be able to get drums with it this time. But that begs the question, is it getting too similar to rockband?

Anyone else's thoughts?

P.S: The game will be released Autumn/Fall 2008

snakester
05-22-2008, 04:46 AM
I just saw a youtube video about guitar hero 4 (it was posted by the official guitar hero user) Looks pretty good, you're going to be able to get drums with it this time. But that begs the question, is it getting too similar to rockband?

Anyone else's thoughts?

P.S: The game will be released Autumn/Fall 2008

i agree that if it does put in drums it will be way to similar to rockband. i mean for one.. read the title of the game GUITAR HERO why should they throw in drums.. thats just dumb and two they better have good songs on there (im at school right now so i cant visit youtube but if your willing to post a link to the video on youtube ill check it out when i get home :D

bradm
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM
i agree that if it does put in drums it will be way to similar to rockband. i mean for one.. read the title of the game GUITAR HERO why should they throw in drums.. thats just dumb and two they better have good songs on there (im at school right now so i cant visit youtube but if your willing to post a link to the video on youtube ill check it out when i get home :D

At school you can visit youtube!, so many other unblock sites don't work but this one does! www.itsblocked.com247
I use it to watch youtube videos and do basically anything while I am at school

you'll thank me!

Dommzyd
05-22-2008, 08:15 AM
GUITAR hero + drums = bad.
it's already pretty lame as it's guitar hero: aerosmith

bradrulez1
05-22-2008, 09:08 AM
i thought the same thing their missing the point here of calling it guitar hero when their adding drums!!

hightower
05-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah exactly what i was initially thinking, what next...keyboards?

P.S did i mention that the new one WILL include a vocal aspect so yeah....practically rockband with new tracks!

Snake
05-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah exactly what i was initially thinking, what next...keyboards?

P.S did i mention that the new one WILL include a vocal aspect so yeah....practically rockband with new tracks!

Guitar hero is not ripping off rockband, Activison is. Guitar hero was originally produced by the producers of rockband however the creators decided they wanted to do something new and sold the title to Activison. And I'd like to see some drums in guitar hero, why not?

bradrulez1
05-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Guitar hero is not ripping off rockband, Activison is. Guitar hero was originally produced by the producers of rockband however the creators decided they wanted to do something new and sold the title to Activison. And I'd like to see some drums in guitar hero, why not?

maby because its guitarhero..

Snake
05-22-2008, 12:54 PM
maby because its guitarhero..

So what, you can still be a guitar hero and your friends can be a drum hero :P Use your imagination.

bradrulez1
05-22-2008, 01:35 PM
So what, you can still be a guitar hero and your friends can be a drum hero :P Use your imagination.

dude thats what rock band is for..

Snake
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
dude thats what rock band is for..

Go buy rockband then.

Dommzyd
05-22-2008, 05:09 PM

there's no point in that when there's already a game exactly like it out.

bradrulez1
05-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Go buy rockband then.

thats what im doing today actualy

hightower
05-23-2008, 12:12 AM
It's really based on opinion i guess.

But this will probably still fly off the shelves lol.

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
05-23-2008, 08:45 AM
ok, what you guys don't seem to know is that guitar hero was originally planned to be a full band type of game after they milked the guitar hero series, Harmonix broke away from Activision and jumped the gun making Rock Band immediately, now that Rock Band is out, Guitar Hero is stepping up to compete with it, and improve on everything from Rock Band, you can't say Guitar Hero is copying Rock Band, because then in turn you would be saying Rock Band was copying Drumania (or whatever not 100% sure they game), and then that game was in turn copying the first rhythm based game with instruments.....so they're not copying, guitar hero 4 should be good, it should hopefully be very good with new create your own song features and much more, the only downfall with all these new games is, they keep making you buy new instruments, which is beginning to be a waste.

hightower
05-23-2008, 09:19 AM
ok, what you guys don't seem to know is that guitar hero was originally planned to be a full band type of game after they milked the guitar hero series, Harmonix broke away from Activision and jumped the gun making Rock Band immediately, now that Rock Band is out, Guitar Hero is stepping up to compete with it, and improve on everything from Rock Band, you can't say Guitar Hero is copying Rock Band, because then in turn you would be saying Rock Band was copying Drumania (or whatever not 100% sure they game), and then that game was in turn copying the first rhythm based game with instruments.....so they're not copying, guitar hero 4 should be good, it should hopefully be very good with new create your own song features and much more, the only downfall with all these new games is, they keep making you buy new instruments, which is beginning to be a waste.

Thanks for the info man :smile

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
05-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the info man :smile

no prob, it kinda turned into a story/little bit of a rant, I just hope guitar hero IV turns out to be a good game

hightower
05-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm sure it will be, maybe even an improvement on rockband?

fergdizzle909055
05-24-2008, 11:51 AM
yeh its called guitar hero world tour. here is some info on it (http://www.unscripted360.com/2008/05/22/guitar-hero-world-tour-screenshots-drumset/)from my favorite 360 site

hightower
05-25-2008, 03:44 AM
yeh its called guitar hero world tour. here is some info on it (http://www.unscripted360.com/2008/05/22/guitar-hero-world-tour-screenshots-drumset/)from my favorite 360 site

Yet again, more great info! thanks!

fergdizzle909055
05-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Yet again, more great info! thanks!

no problem. it looks like is going to be the best rythem game ever made!

hightower
05-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, i think i'll get it on ps3, once i've got one from here (about another 2-3 weeks)!

snakester
06-04-2008, 05:40 AM
At school you can visit youtube!, so many other unblock sites don't work but this one does! www.itsblocked.com247
I use it to watch youtube videos and do basically anything while I am at school

you'll thank me!

wrong it doesnt work lol.

davasator
06-04-2008, 06:20 AM
If your schools anything like as paranoid as ours, simply use a website deemed 'dodgy' and its instantly blocked. Someone search for something dodgy on the BBC website, now thats blocked, its worrying.

kosnowman
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
GUITAR hero + drums = bad.
it's already pretty lame as it's guitar hero: aerosmith

yeah whats lame about areosmith, what band do you play in and how many number 1's has it had?
So stfu aerosmith = legendary.

TiN TiN
06-04-2008, 09:23 AM
GH 4 is guna rule cant wait to get it

bradrulez1
06-04-2008, 09:43 AM
GH 4 is guna rule cant wait to get it

naaa it will suck my left nut

hightower
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
naaa it will suck my left nut

I wouldn't say it will suck, it's just questionable how well it will sell as Rockband will only get more and more popular.

Dommzyd
06-04-2008, 10:15 AM
yeah whats lame about areosmith, what band do you play in and how many number 1's has it had?
So stfu aerosmith = legendary.

take the stick out, dude.
it's my opinion, deal with it.

Hope
06-04-2008, 05:04 PM
dude I cant wait~

SativaSam
06-04-2008, 05:28 PM
dude I cant wait~

Dude holy crap, you're just trying to raise your post count. Stop posting in every thread with like 3 word sentences.

Hope
06-04-2008, 05:42 PM
???What? for once Im trying to be active on the forums. Leave me alone.

b0necrusher32
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Guitar Hero + Metallica = Guitar Hero: Metallica = Best Game Ever

Evan
06-05-2008, 03:54 PM
i think rock band 2 is going to have a similar drum set because if they dont it will not even make half the sales of guitar hero4

Dommzyd
06-05-2008, 04:20 PM
i think rock band 2 is going to have a similar drum set because if they dont it will not even make half the sales of guitar hero4Possibly. I have to admit, the GH drum set looks a lot better than the current rockband one. More realistic and according to the video, more sensitive and an exact interpretation of what you're playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGL0BHUlPfE

Leah
06-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I like the idea of cymbals on the drum set.

Although, the game is WAY too similar to RockBand. People will buy it, people will enjoy it, but it's literally the same thing as RockBand.

Therefore, people who already have RockBand, probably won't buy GH4. And if GH4 is a lot more pricier than RockBand, people will stick with what is cheaper if money is an issue.

Just my opinon. Any idea if the drum set from GH4 will be compatible with the RockBand game and vice versa?

scorcher868
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
i doubt it because the drums are different

rockband drums are 5 "drums" and gh4 is 3 "drums" and 2 symbols

Leah
06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
i doubt it because the drums are different

rockband drums are 5 "drums" and gh4 is 3 "drums" and 2 symbols

Yea, probably.

Eh, would have been cool though. I still want RockBand over GH3 though...
-points to signature-